Cerro/Medinah/Auryn- 2018 Q2 General Discussion ⛰

I suggest walk away and come back later. Put a tax loss sell one day before Baldy does next Fall unless Auryn actually executes their business plan. Meantime, pointless to watch paint dry or complain here on this thread. The investment is already a total loss but a recovery is still possible if not downright probable.

Now that is sound strategy

If this goes away then it truly was a cast of characters and action against those responsible probable one way or another.

the ADL is not going away, until someone digs it all up !!

4 Likes

By the rate it’s going, it might erode away first.

7 Likes

At least we’ve moved past the point where law suits brought the PPS crashing down. The time frame that was expected to settle these lawsuits was necessary. The damage done definitely created more difficulties than expected. Oh for the good 'ol days when information from AURYN flowed freely. A lot of good reading and information from the following thread (link) for those that are bored watching the paint dry or haven’t reread it in the past year:

Continuing the discussion from October 1st, 2016 Informational Meeting News:

There were a lot of good comments at the 2016 Informational meeting from shareholders that attended and those that joined in from afar. Are we still moving towards the scenario suggested by CHG?

Because the PPS has been severely impacted the strategy forward has definitely changed after seeing the damage accompanying the law suits. Distributing shares to individual shareholders, “consolidating the capital structure, changing the name of the company, and moving to a higher exchange or tier on the OTC” is a goal of utmost importance before there can be a credibility boost from any news attracting new shareholders.

With the present share structure and history witnessed by shareholders over the years there is no enthusiasm for management to put any promotion based on news. Apparently, it appears placating present shareholders is low on the priority list until we move forward with properly getting all shareholders under one ticker. Putting the share structure back to a more attractive number worthy of investment will make news more effective in bringing in new investors. A move in this direction will restore liquidity for those invested here, IMO.

2 Likes

I agree that is all important consolidating share structure and a name change along with a move to a higher exchange, but a R/S without substantial positive news and without detailed financial statements will fall on deaf ears and become a good reason for shorts to attack. All the pieces have to be in place including a financing strategy going forward for CDCH, before a R/S and a name change and move to a higher exchange, otherwise is does not change a thing. So I disagree that right now there is no reason or enthusiasm for management to put out any promotional based news, since I believe it is more important to first build credibility before they take the next steps and not the other way around to wait for the next steps to build credibility. Of course it could be done simultaneously, but I sure hope news is not waiting to be released until the next steps happen, since I believe that would be a mistake. To me financing CDCH activity moving forward is probably the most significant next step that should happen very quickly to secure CDCH future! JMO

3 Likes

where’s the bottom?

Last week Cerro was trading at what? .07/.08 range?
Bottom line. No one knows right now where this is headed.
Kevin has warned there is still substantial risk with this investment. I tend to agree.

From Mauruzio,

, thanks to the work led by Kevin, the only risk we have is normal mining risk.

They haven’t told us anything about mining developments.

2 Likes

Correct.
Normal Mining risk - substantial risk.

“normal mining risk” would be a welcome development…you need to have money prior to “mining”

2 Likes

Hi friends. Just dropping in to share a little bit of introspection on things I learned about myself. I’m reading (and understanding this article) 5 years too late. Better late than never as the saying goes.

I am starting to understand that excessive risk is a fool’s game. For every one person who gets an outsized return, there are hundreds losing. I had no respect or appreciation for risk and it cost me two decades of savings.

Today, it’s slow and steady wins the race. Take my 8-10% annualized and forget about home runs.

For those on the younger side with ears to hear, there’s a lesson there. I almost started using new money taking excessive risk again to recapture my 90%+ MDMN paper losses. That’s like a poker player on tilt. Don’t go there.

==================

Regarding the current state of affairs - not much any of us can do. CDCH will update us when it is ready to. AURYN is the controlling shareholder with Maurizio being in control there. I know Maruizio well enough to have confidence that we’re going to be treated fairly. IF the property has sufficient economic value we’ll participate in the recovery.

13 Likes

Hindsight is always great, but having said that, we are where we are, but the question remains where are we, since we really have no information on what is going on financially or from an operations point of view? Investing without information is not investing at all, it is simple gambling.

BTW I believe only 20 % of retail investors make money. in the stock market, fwiw, so the odds are against you to begin with and even more so in penny stocks.

2 Likes

I don’t know where you are. But I know where I want to be and its there. But I am here. Maybe we can find somewhere else to be? :wink:

Just curious Karl, were you really surprised by this?
I was surprised shares are recorded in the name of Maurizio Cordova, and not AHC (edit).
Does Mr. Cordova really “own” that much of the company?
Was this to prevent naming the individuals behind AMC (AHC)?

AURYN used to be owned by MASGLAS as it’s premiere and most advanced project. A subsidiary? It no longer can be, can it? It has been evident for a couple years that although there is a very close relationship by the principals in both companies, AURYN and MASGLAS are both private companies with separate corporate governance so far as “the books” are concerned. This should become quite evident once CDCH financials come out, IMO. The financials will not reflect the books of MASGLAS, only reveal minimal required by AURYN. I do not expect too much detail as CDCH is only obligated to limited financial disclosure as a pink sheet until it moves to a higher tier.

“The inevitable never happens and the unexpected always does.” - Ruchir Sharma

If properties were lost due to taxes not being paid and those properties (worthless or not) are under cdch, that is a material event and should be reported since ownership has converted from private to public.
It’s a fiduciary responsibility.
This non-communication is ridiculous.

4 Likes

I would be very interested in knowing if Medinah has set a record date and an ex-dividend date for the Cerro dividend. Does anyone have clear knowledge of these things?

For those unfamiliar with these terms… What Does Ex-Dividend Mean, and What Are the Key Dates?

1 Like

And there goes the price down in the last couple minutes.
I’m sick of this shit.
I’m reporting fraud.

Its the stock market and its been fraudulent for years. Been reported by others over the years and until someone higher up decides to change things it will not matter.

2 Likes