MDMN - 2016-02-29 Weekly Discussion

So here is my position, MDMN could pay off all its debts from the exercise of the purchase option and assuming after any taxes still have say $70-80M left to distribute to shareholders. Also lets assume MDMN at the same time has sufficient cash flow from production to cover our on going operating costs, which should be minimal. Then lets also assume MDMN sells off any stock we own in other companies except Auryn and all non ADL claims, Now what is left is a production royalty from Auryn which could be set up in a trust with minimal expenses and continue to provide a nice source of ongoing income stream. Yea I know it is nice to dream!.

1 Like

Gold is moving back up nicely $1243

I believe that is exactly MDMN’s goal(s). So dream on, there are others of us dreaming right along with you. And the way Auryn is performing, this is one dream that does have a chance to come true. As I’ve said before, it all looks good at this point. No reason for it not to continue.

FYI - an article from a Peruvian newspaper (Portafolio section of El Comercio) re: AMC’s parent company. I’ll provide a translation tomorrow. I have too many irons in the fire right now.

I’ll say this about today’s postings – I wouldn’t let L&G’s attitude or the share price affect your outlook. Aside from the general economic and mining climate – MDMN has never been in a better spot. No, the price isn’t where any of us want it. But the non-stop complaining about it and what some people think is or isn’t happening or did or didn’t happen or should or shouldn’t have happened at this point is peeing into the wind.

We are in AMC’s hands, for better or worse. The option agreement exists and the properties are owned by AMC or (in MDMN’s case) under option to AMC. I for one am delighted with that.

PeruArticle_2.pdf (354.3 KB)

8 Likes

I would not count on the option being exercised that early, IMHO. Auryn has a lot more to learn about the Mountain and so does MDMN, before the two settle on their purchase formula, IMHO.

We need a lot more drilling and assay results in order to get the fair shake we all would like to see. Exercise the option to early and MDMN will be leaving a lot of value in the Mountain that won’t be accounted for in the purchase option.

You’re wrong. Read the contract.

3 Likes

Irons in the fire . . . a new member of the family.

21 Likes

Yes. Unfortunately, the fact that Doc has been buying isn’t going to instill any confidence. Most people are hoping for buying that hasn’t been around for 20 years. Not saying that this isn’t a good level to pick up shares. There’s nothing quite like a 10 year round trip. This is exactly where I bought my first shares 6 years ago.

1 Like

Correct…and another good post earlier referencing Icahn involvement on some of the boards he has seats (like LNG). He sure as hell ain’t there to provide fiduciary responsibility to anybody but his own $$ and clients. His involvement on the the boards is for leverage and oversight. I would think Roberto has the EXACT same goals.

1 Like

What he said.

Leanandgreen. Give us a break.

4 Likes

Translation of article. The bolded paragraph is obviously referring to us!

http://aurynblog.com/masglas-assumes-countercyclical-strategy/

4 Likes

Last lashing of the dead horse

1. Dividends
    Nevada law is more permissive than Delaware law insofar as when dividends may be paid. For Nevada corporations, except as otherwise provided in the corporation’s articles of incorporation, no distribution (including dividends on, or redemption or repurchases of, shares of capital stock) may be made if, after giving effect to such distribution, the corporation would not be able to pay its debts as they become due in the usual course of business, or the corporation’s total assets would be less than the sum of its total liabilities plus the amount that would be needed at the time of a liquidation to satisfy the preferential rights of preferred stockholders. Nev. Rev. Stat. § 78.288.

Yes, but what does Nevada law say about lashing a dead horse. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So we are 90 days from ore being processed. I can live with that.

2 Likes

Wizard

What was the date of the article?

Published today, March 2, 2016.