MDMN - 2016-03-21 Weekly Discussion

Mike, thanks for the update. All sounds good but hopefully they will come through with something this time.

Mike…Do you think the new agreement will have to be “exercised” before we get any significant news? They may “draft” a new agreement, and we may never hear about it. They may even “sign” the new agreement, and we may never know about it. I understand these statements are expressly your own opinions, based on your due diligence. It is just that the silence has become deafening…Thanks…

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from MDMN - 2016-03-21 Weekly Discussion:

I say…Amen to that!

1 Like

Mike, do you think there will be money coming our way upon exercise? Or, do you think that money will come from the proceeds of Auryn mining our portion of the property going forward? Just asking for your best guess.

Seven MM sitting on the .012 bid this morning FWIW.

Don’t see it, did it go away? Can someone post a L2.

The 7 Market Makers are still sitting there at the bid of .012

No one is answering the question because no one knows for sure what the answer will be, because nothing is final yet. We should know better if they reach an agreement when they return from Chile in April. The important item is the sooner we become cash flow positive the better the chance our stock price will reflect that fact. It does not matter if it comes first from production or exercise of the cash purchase option.

2 Likes

Personally, whatever the terms are, I would like to see a chunck of change ($50 large) upon signing. Waiting for profits/divies is way down the road as they move from Caren to Merlin/Fortuna, cap-ex costs will be significant.

The other issue I have is letting our current team even touch the money

1 Like

LG, I told you Wiz is taking a breather! It concerns ME that you keep badgering folks to make up stories to placate you. If they have knowledge or solid opinions and wish to comment, they will at their own convenience.

9 Likes

I agree give us 50 up front and more equity in Auryn and let’s consummate this marriage

I would be happy if they gave us as little as about $18M upfront, so MDMN could pay off its debt and give shareholders a .01 per share cash dividend and then allow Auryn to go into production and generate another .01 share cash dividend from production over the next 12 months. After that I would hope they are still tied to the $100M total cash purchase option and we get the balance of $82 M down the road. JMO

3 Likes

You already know my opinion. I think whatever needs to happen for the MDMN claims to be fully consolidated under Masglas / AMC for immediate exploration and to give MDMN access to early cash flow from the Caren / Fortuna is the right deal.

I think you have very little understanding of the sector or the types of deals that are occurring given what you continually demand MDMN should insist upon. I think you have very little understanding of the contract or MDMN’s current financial position given what you think MDMN should insist upon. I’m tired of you insisting I take you’re view. I think it’s the wrong view and that it’s unrealistic and isn’t going to happen. You may think the same of my views.

I’m perfectly fine with a no-cash deal and a significantly larger percentage of the whole mountain given what I know about the Caren / Fortuna claims and MDMN and the contract. I don’t expect you to change your opinion. In my view, you’re not interested in learning about what’s real. You’re only interested in reinforcing your own views and doing whatever you think is necessary to pump up the price asap.

You seem to think the MDMN BOD would be negligent or incompetent if they take a no-cash deal and don’t demand this or that. I think the best thing and most responsible thing they could do is close this up as soon as possible with the best terms they’re able to get, whether that means cash or no-cash. They know AMC’s internal numbers. They know their own. You and I do not (at least in part.) I’ll leave it up to them to decide.

If a no-cash deal with a much higher percentage is the only path to getting this closed before the option expires, I think they’d be foolish not to take it. If that is the case, you think they’d be foolish to take it. We disagree!

There. Now nothing else needs to be said on the matter. I’m not looking to be convinced otherwise and neither are you. Could you drop it now?

11 Likes

It is you that overwhelming values their opinion, so please do not put everyone in your camp and please do not speak for everyone on this board!

I value more sound judgements and opinions based on facts no matter who puts it forth, with the exception of the few on my ignore list!

2 Likes

I think you ALL are on your high horse pretending to think you have any idea what these people are doing behind the curtain. As a result, everybody should simply express his/her opinion and be done with it. I was told some time ago intimately familiar with the situation that some of the principals actually enjoy the entertainment of some of the crack-pot theories advanced by a few of the more vocal and obviously jaded denizens - which is why I no longer bother. So, best thing to do is yes express an opinion, but do feel privileged to hear the opinion of others, especially those who do not have an obvious axe to grind.

Do you think this is realistic? Give me one sound reason AMC would put $18M (or any money) into MDMN’s hands to be deployed unproductively?

AMC can simply walk away from the option today if they choose to. (I am not saying they are going to.) But let’s suppose they did. Where does that leave them and where does that leave MDMN? Given what I know about both companies, their capabilities, their cash positions, and what they have access to over the next 6 - 12 months, I’ll take AMC’s position all day long if that’s the case.

Regardless, it’s not going to happen. JJ was the real reason why no sane deal occurred over the last 15 years. That problem has been removed. It’s left us on life support to be sure (1.3B shares and NO money and a smaller portion of the claims than we had when we started.) Nevertheless, the patient is still breathing and the mountain is big enough to revive us. MDMN and AMC will reach a deal. We’ll go into production, get some cash dividends, prove the porphyry, and cash out. We can stick around as this happens or not. But it will happen regardless.

2 Likes