Medinah/Auryn - 2018 Q3 General Discussion

Is there still a window for arbitrage here?
Continuing the discussion from CDCH - Discussion:

How does this 5x percentage of AMC figure into any arbitrage consideration? Is this only important before full conversion/distribution of MDMN into AUMC? If so, it seems that the current 0.00558 ratio is not in line with the current trading price AUMC. [(0.558 X 1.30 X 5)/100] = 0.0363 or is it simply .00558 X 1.30 = 0.0073 that MDMN should be trading at? Whichever guideline one may try to use it does not seem MDMN is close to what had been considered early on. Arbitrage is not being looked at by many here, IMO.

(added edit) simple math arrives at present value of MDMN shares as 0.00728 based on 2,882,282,073 total shares OS and 24.848% equity interest in the 65M shares of AUMC and an AUMC price of 1.30. This does not take into account the 11,650,000 shares of AMNP and 29,150,000 shares of CDCH described in the latest June 30 Quarterly Report. Will AUMC go up with significant news, at least until all shares become unrestricted?

3 Likes

You got it Easy,

I think positive news rolls out in fouth quarter… Not the big bang we all thought about year’s ago, but also not where past “people of importance” were taking us ( can u say crapper), looking forward to seeing news…

1 Like

I’m out of my CDCH position at an average of ~$1.35 (took awhile) with a 30% loss and will look to take a portion of that to add to my MDMN position (where I also took a loss, awhile back, to add to my CDCH position). It’s very difficult to know the actual arbitrage opportunity given the levels of massive dilution and corporate governance but for those that are arguing for a buy and hold strategy…or a hold and hold (ala Brecciaboy) it’s time to wake up. Months and years will pass. A static investment strategy is just lazy.

1 Like

Ouch! That hurts! :frowning:

By the way, little disappointed that we haven’t heard back from Auryn about the JV being finalized.

Perhaps it is stuck at the Notario? The horror…the horror…the horror! :(:sob:

6 Likes

it’s all going to happen…

…NEXT WEEK…!!!

4 Likes

Nice one!! Lol!!!

You guys are really beginning to bring back some bad memories :astonished:

7 Likes

No, we’re waiting for Homeland Security to clear the funds.

3 Likes

Freeport-McMoRan Announces PT-FI Divestment Agreement with PT Inalum

To download a PDF of the release, please visit the following link: Freeport-McMoRan Announces PT-FI Divestment Agreement with PT Inalum

OMG stop LOL

I think one of the directors broke his leg & can’t do any writing !

2 Likes

Fourth quarter starts NEXT WEEK!

1 Like

I think management is talking to some Swedish guy.

3 Likes

Ha ha ha. If it wasn’t such a painful reminder of my stupidity, I might really laugh.

Regarding this JV, not worried in the slightest. 100% positive it’s a real JV with a real company.

9 Likes

“foad”:blush:

4 Likes

I hear the talks with the Swedish guy are going … swimingly::smile:

4 Likes

See… now this is how nasty rumors get started and everyone ends up lead astray. They are not talking to the Swedes! They’re talking to Russian Oligarchs.

2 Likes

I don’t have time to worry about Swedes or Russians. I’m trying to chase down the rumor that Judge Kavanaugh killed Jimmy Hoffa and buried the body in Grant’s tomb.

5 Likes

New topic, 2018 Q4!