Auryn/Medinah - 2021 - 2nd Half General Discussion

Hi JimmyP,

You made some excellent points! You’re right about the chess game aspect. My thought is that when you study about porphyries, porphyry-skarn complexes and all of the adnexal structures that may or may not be temporally or spatially related to porphyries i.e. breccias, mantos, epi- and meso-vein systems, magma chambers, etc., I like to look at the common denominator, the magma chamber itself that gave rise to all of these structures. This way you can go from the knowns like the grades of the meso-veins to estimating the unknowns like the grades of an underlying never been drilled porphyry. The grades within any porphyry will never match any high-grade mesothermal vein because the ore will be disseminated into tiny veinlets and stockworks. A porphyry deposit will, however, often be amenable to bulk mining techniques which are often less expensive on a per ounce mined basis than an underground mine UNLESS the grades in the underground vein deposit are extremely high and the widths of the veins of decent dimensions.

When those ultra-hot hydrothermal fluids and gases reached the critical pressure level (the lithostatic pressure level) to blow a hole in the roof/carapace of the magma chamber they flowed upwards into a variety of areas into a variety of different host rock scenarios. If they filled up cracks or faults in the rock and then cooled and solidified, we call them “veins”. If they encountered porous limestone and cooled and solidified and “replaced” the limestone (a “replacement deposit”) we call them skarns. If they found porous rocks in horizontal layers and cooled and solidified, we call them “mantos” or “stratabound” deposits. After millions of years of various waves and phases of this activity and the whole process peters out, we’ll call the relict magma chamber and the area near its former roof a “porphyry”.

If you find a bunch of extremely high-grade veins, some making it to surface and others not, then you can kind of intuit that the gigantic magma chamber (the one underlying Yellowstone is 50-miles long) they came out of probably had some pretty good grades associated with it. There are magma chambers that are completely barren but they can’t “impregnate” the associated veins, breccias, skarns and mantos that they gave birth to with wonderful grades like those at the ADL. In regards to the porphyry areas, recall that hyperspectral satellite imaging survey done by C.S. Perez that showed a massive 7 km swath of “about a dozen” intrusives aligned in a SW to NE direction along the plateau and its southern downslope. Perez reported cited the presence of at least 2 porphyries and most assuredly a “world class deposit” containing hundreds of millions of tonnes of ore just within its top 200 meters. Perez had all of the work previously done at the ADL dating back to the 1950s. Perez didn’t know that there was an extremely high-grade mesothermal vein system associated with this 7 Km swath of intrusives.

I sense that a deal on the porphyry portions of the ADL could happen at any time or, for that matter, could be a ways in the distance. I put a porphyry deal with a major or a consortium of majors into the FREE MONEY category. My 4 kids already have a healthy base position in Medinah/Auryn. I’m telling them to wait for some FREE MONEY. Certain events will trigger a FREE MONEY environment for those prepared to act quickly and those that have done their due diligence. If we had a press release at “X” moment in time stating that a large deal was done on the porphyry structures with a major or consortium of majors, then the stocks are going to run. Period. How far I can’t tell you but if an investor is quick to act then there will be FREE MONEY available.

If Auryn were to suddenly announce that they had intersected “X” number of these “massive” veins they are referring to and that the average widths are “Y” meters and the average grade is “Z” gpt gold then there will be a time period in which FREE MONEY will be handed out to those that are prepared. The visibility of a pathway from zero production to being a “mid-sized producer” is right in front of our faces. From their due diligence, investors will know the triggers for FREE MONEY. Those that have followed the story and done their due diligence will have an advantage over those that haven’t. With Medinah, the length of the FREE MONEY period might be longer because many potential investors won’t have accounts open at a firm that will take Medinah orders. This has no doubt put a temporary damper on the share price of Medinah because some investors don’t want to go through the hassles of finding a broker/dealer willing to take a buy order for Medinah shares. “AUMC” will get these buy orders which will open up the gap in share price between Medinah and “AUMC” which will then close again as investors able to buy “MDMN” will note how much cheaper it is to buy a percentage point of the ADL through buying “MDMN” versus “AUMC”.

What I’m telling my kids is to get comfortable with the visibility of a pathway to producing a whole bunch of ounces of gold at a very low cost on a “per ounce” basis. Then just wait for the FREE MONEY sign to light up. We TMP forum participants that are all wrapped up with this story forget that 99.9% of the mining investment community have never heard of Medinah/Auryn.

In regards to Hochschild, I’m still scratching my head. I know for a fact that a premier underground vein miner like Hoch would love a seat at the table for developing the mesothermal veins. Sometimes, I wonder if their executing a JV on the LDM was done to get an inside view of what’s going on at the mesothermal front. Before signing the final draft of their agreement with Auryn, they spent some serious money on reviewing all of the core samples from the previous work done at the LDM. They apparently liked what they saw so they signed the definitive agreement. We don’t know what they did on site except for the fact that they did 6-line kilometers of IP/IR.

What the property owners want to prevent from happening is allowing a mid-tier like Hoch from simply “inventorying” the property, because they have an “option” on it which has value. The agreement typically states that Hoch would have to spend “X” amount per year during the option period. If Hoch didn’t have that amount in their budget, then they would have to provide all of the information they gathered from their studies and present it to Auryn. The information from an IP/IR study does not usually provide information of going through with the agreement or not. It typically results in information that would tell the geoscientists where to target any drilling efforts where the big bucks are spent. Apparently, the IP/IR survey did identify 3 targets worthy of spending the big bucks on. That’s the promising news. For some reason, apparently Hoch wasn’t willing to pay for and perform the drilling. Did this have to do with the fact that they’re getting into the “Rare earth” minerals business in a big way? I don’t know. Did Hoch feel that this money would be better spent on some of their development projects that were further along and closer to generating cash flow? I don’t know. Auryn took the information that Hoch generated and said that they were contemplating doing the drilling themselves and thereby keeping 100% ownership of the property. So, something got identified that was worthy of spending some serious bucks on but it does not appear that it will be Hoch’s bucks unless they’re technically in compliance with the terms of the deal and they’re just playing out the clock. I don’t recall a PR stating that they walked from the deal.

One theory might be that if a deal is struck on the Pegaso Nero porphyry projects then perhaps the LDM would be incorporated into that deal. Hoch may or may not want to be a party to that deal. At some point, there will be a master plan to attack all of the non-mesothermal vein aspects of the ADL including the LDM and the Pegaso Nero. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense for Hoch, an underground miner, to go nuts on the LDM in an underground fashion only to learn that the master plan decided to attack the LDM in a different fashion. If it appeared that the LDM property had a chance to be incorporated into any open pit configuration involving the Pegaso Nero then any underground activities by Hoch at the LDM might screw up that plan and the ECONOMICS of the overall plan. We’ve seen this before with Non-Auryn properties to the north of the ADL. SERNAGEOMIN doesn’t like open pit mines being built on top of existing underground adits and tunnels. It’s a safety issue. So, who the heck knows? Some serious cash flow from the mesothermal veins could easily cover drilling 3 holes at the LDM. This information then might be helpful in determining how to attack the Pegaso Nero.

2 Likes

Hi Doc. I always wondered from the 3/31/21 Disclosure statement why we would spend our money to drill when we were giving away 51% to Hochschild to do the drilling they recommended us to do.

Your comment that we would be keeping 100% ownership of the property makes sense if we drilled but then this is not mentioned in any updates nor have we been told that the deal is off with HOCH.

The 3/31/21 Disclosure Statement says that HOCH recommended that we spend the money to drill. So you are implying that by doing this HOCH would be out and we would retain 100% ownership. It makes sense yet there is no comment from the company that this would be the case.

I’ve never even SEEN a mining “face” - so I got curious and found the following 4-minute video on Youtube. Very interesting.

If an adit is drifted which INTERSECTS a vein, I can see that the adit could have two working faces. If the adit runs directly into the vein, then it seems there would be only one working face. Still learning here.

1 Like

August 3rd wonder if that hearing is still scheduled

1 Like

And yet they don’t want a seat at the table. But we all know that this fact, nor any other fact, will ever dent your relentless enthusiasm. A 25 year phenomenon thats equally scary and commendable.

Zotron;

I’ve been investing in gold/silver miners for the past 35 years.

It’s hard to find a JV deal as shitty as the one the AURYN signed.

Having the property tied up for 5 years (actually 5 1/2 years) with absolutely NO gain for AUMC.

No Funds - As a minimum, usually a junior will receive at least compensation for permitting costs.
Typically also a signing bonus, even as small as $50,000.
Yearly payments, these might be in the range of $75.000 to $100,000 or more.

No Exploration - I actually can’t remember seeing a JV deal where the major was not required to spend a minimum on exploration for each year, until the year when the full % could be obtained. ( In this case year 5, $7M )

No Investment in AUMC - Most majors will invest in some shares of the junior. Typically, this would be to ‘lock in’ a 10-19.99 % share of the company’s float. This is done to make sure that if there’s a significant find, then the major will profit if there is a buyout of the junior.

My previous post :

"The property is tied up for 5 years with $0 minimum investment required during that time up until the end date last year, then the $7M.

… Please note, the currently named LDM project is a consolidation of over 3,000 hectares and is significantly larger than what has historically been known by our shareholders as the LDM (see the graphic included below.) …"

3 Likes

Agree! That was bad negotiating on MC part! If someone else wants to do business with us can we sit at the table or do we need Hoch 5 years to expire before we get back to the negotiating table?? Copper and gold is all time high and the property is just sitting.

1 Like

It’s not tied up.

6 Likes

Today’s hearing has been canceled. The reason is because it has been “vacated”. I assume this means the whole custodial issue is over/ended. You can search here: https://www.clarkcountycourts.us/Portal/ Look under Bauman, Barbara.

Events and Hearings

• 07/01/2021 Complaint

Comment
[1] Application for the Appointment of Custodian

• 07/01/2021 Exhibits

Comment
[2] Exhibit A to Application for the Appointment of Custodian

• 07/01/2021 Exhibits

Comment
[3] Exhibits B through E to Application for the Appointment of Custodian

• 07/01/2021 Initial Appearance Fee Disclosure

Comment
[4] Initial Appearance Fee Disclosure

• 07/01/2021 Summons Electronically Issued - Service Pending

Comment
[5] Summons

• 07/01/2021 Clerk’s Notice of Hearing

Comment
[6] Notice of Hearing

• 07/07/2021 Affidavit

Comment
[7] Affidavit and Declaration of Barbara McIntyre Bauman in Support of Motion for the Appointment of Barbara McIntyre Bauman as Custodian of Canopus Biopharma, Inc. Pursuant to NRS 78.347(1)(b)

• 07/07/2021 Affidavit

Comment
[8] Affidavit and Declaration of Barbara McIntyre Bauman in Support of Motion for the Appointment of Barbara McIntyre Bauman as Custodian of Canopus Biopharma Inc Pursuant to NRS 78.347(1)(b)

• 07/07/2021 Ex Parte Motion

Comment
[9] Ex Parte Motion for an Order Shortening Time

• 07/19/2021 Affidavit of Attempted Service

Comment
[10] Affidavit of Attempts

• 07/23/2021 Affidavit of Service

Comment
[11] Affidavit of Services

• 07/23/2021 Affidavit of Service

Comment
[12] Affidavit of Service

• 07/29/2021 Memorandum

Comment
[13] Court’s Memo RE: Remote Appearance Information for AUGUST 3, 2021, Hearing PLEASE REVIEW IN ITS ENTIRETY

• 07/30/2021 Notice

Comment
[14] Notice of Related Case and Order Granting Custodianship to G. Reed Petersen and Request for Continuance

• 07/30/2021 Errata

Comment
[15] Errata to Notice of Related Case and Order Granting Custodianship to G. Reed Petersen and Request for Continuance

• 07/31/2021 Notice

Comment
[16] Notice to Vacate Application for the Appointment of Custodian

• 08/03/2021 Hearing

Judicial Officer
Kishner, Joanna S.

Hearing Time
9:00 AM

Cancel Reason
Vacated

Comment
Peittioner’s Application for the Appointment of Custodian

6 Likes

Interesting that they don’t list pursuing JV negotiations on their list of objectives every quarter. I don’t think that violates any NDA.

While earning profits on the gold production is exciting and will result in share price appreciation, it’s a shame that the copper targets could potentially get shelved for many more years. It’s not a bad move by MC, because he is probably banking on copper prices continuing to rise in the coming years, only increasing his leverage and the urgency of the Majors to grab a piece of the action. From a shareholder perspective however, that informational blackout does zero good for us in the meantime.

Going from silence to the announcement of a major JV deal on the porphyries is very much akin to going from Bald Eagle’s sentiments to Brecciaboy sentiments. In the vacuum of silence regarding Majors interest in the property, Bald Eagle’s assessments can’t be refuted until the monumental deal smacks us all, including him, over the head. I think you both offer valid analysis, it’s just we don’t know what we don’t know. If majors are playing a chess game, it’s difficult for even insiders like MC to interpret. So how can a Brecciaboy or Bald Eagle really give us valid insight as to the state of affairs in a high stakes poker game that neither are in the building for, let alone the actual table.

If Auryn can give us any perspective on the state of those affairs it would be appreciated. They were allowed to mention Freeport’s interest and two other unnamed Major’s interest at that informational meeting. Should we assume that since they have not added any additional commentary from that time that a deal is not likely in the nearterm? Again, I’m not sure how much leverage we have. They may want significantly more drilling performed on our dime before they are interested. How would we ever know what they are thinking? It’s all speculation.

3 Likes

TheRod, thanks for that information and opinion.

I took a look back at the information we received on the Hochschild deal (the OTC 09/30/2018 Company Report, as confirmed by AUMC’s December 2018 Shareholder Update), and I see that the wording says that Hochschild is to “invest” $7 Million within 5 years to earn a 51% joint interest, and then has the option to “invest” an additional $23 Million to earn an additional 9%. I remember asking for a copy of the deal to no avail.

That’s quite the tease!

Please elaborate if you can. If not, please tell us you cannot.

Thanks

1 Like

Not a tease. I’m saying the property nor AURYN has any constraints regarding partnering on a work project or JV anywhere in the ADL district.

Thanks Kevin. I think the Rod was specifically referencing the LDM property which by our JV agreement with HOCH has the property tied up until 2023 with no requirement to spend any money until the 5th year.

This property is tied up. Yes?

2 Likes

From that bastion of truth known as IHUB:

“Medinah employed a nevada attorney on the august 3 court case and had the application delayed as they promised the court they would comply with all issues to bring mdmn current We should see lots of info forthcoming in the near future???”

3 Likes

No. The property is not tied up.

1 Like

Thanks Kevin.

So will assume the HOCH agreement has been terminated or renegotiated or the original terms allowed for Auryn to pursue other avenues until X amount of dollars had been expended?

1 Like

If the contract was terminated which we have not been told so that it has would it not be a material event and have to be disclosed by Auryn? The last thing that was mentioned on the LDM from Auryn was Rod mentioned earlier and is in the financials.

1 Like

Madmen - I responded to your message, hope my response went through.

Bubba

1 Like

Hi Zotron,

I think you might have hit the nail on the head in regards to the possibility that Hoch’s agreement may have been modified. This is still speculative but as I said before, mining is a race; it’s a race to become cash flow positive, in as nondilutive of a fashion as is possible, so that SHAREHOLDER REWARD GUARANTEES can be issued to the owners of the corporation. If you can’t trust the markets that these development stage corporations trade on then cash flow positive mining corporations, the producers, can reward their owners with cash dividends or share repurchase plans followed by cash dividends. With a share repurchase/cancellation plan, subsequent cash dividends will be more generous on a per share basis because there are less shares out there to divide up any given-sized pile of cash to be distributed. If the mine life associated with Auryn’s mesothermal vein system is significant, then the cash dividend process can be significantly long. The generosity of the cash dividend on a percentage of share price basis will, with great certainty, put the share price at the proper level even in a corrupt market. Otherwise, shareholders could simply take their cash dividend and buy back underpriced shares and then expose the next cash dividend distribution to a greater number of shares. I don’t sense that Auryn will be trading on the OTCPinks for much longer but I’m not convinced that the more senior trading venues are that much less corrupt.

If I were Maurizio, I’d go balls to the wall on the mesothermal vein system in order to win that race to becoming cash flow positive. The Pegaso Nero and the LDM will probably not provide for any positive cash flow opportunities for quite some time. I think it’s plausible that, as you suggested, Maurizio may have restructured the LDM deal with Hochschild so that their proven expertise in underground vein mining could help Maurizio win that race via exploiting the mesothermal veins. It’s not clear to me how much expertise the Auryn staff has in underground vein mining. I think we’re all trying to make heads or tails out of Hochschild saying that they recommend that 3 holes be drilled at the LDM but apparently, it’s not going to be by them, at least as Hochschild the partner in an LDM JV with Auryn. Initially, we all took it as a bit of a slap in the face that this JV partner, that was theoretically earning in a 51% ownership in the LDM by spending $7 million within 5 years, turns around and says you guys pay for the drilling. That made no sense. The question arises as to what the most plausible explanation might be. Again, this is speculation. Obviously there appears to be more to the story but after the results received during the trenching program and the grades being received from the work on the veins (85 gpt gold in the Don Luis 1 Vein), why would Hoch walk from the LDM when it appears that the grades of the underlying magma chambers that are feeding ALL OF THESE SRUCTURES looks so promising? Maybe Hochschild’s development efforts (and money) got reassigned to an area in which positive cash flow, and therefore victory in this “race”, is nearer at hand.

So, what are the facts. The 6-line- kilometers of IP/IR and their on-site sampling in the 2 LDM adits did indeed identify 3 targets worthy of spending some big bucks on. That seems like promising news but why in the heck doesn’t Hoch pay for it so that they can earn their 51% stake via spending only $7 million? Something must have changed. Did the terms of this JV end up being scrapped and a different approach was agreed to? At first, Auryn said that they would consider doing the recommended 3-hole drill program perhaps by selling some shares to fund it. Later, they said that the 70 million shares outstanding figure is not going to be increased. So, what gives? Did the LDM project get back-burnered and reincorporated into the Pegaso Nero/porphyry area projects where it probably belongs?

For me the elephant in the room is the fact that any major or consortium of majors that executes a strategic alliance with Auryn to co-develop the porphyries will obviously want the LDM’s 3,000 hectares. I think that this is an absolute given since this is a “Mining District” and the development plan needs to address the “mining district” in its totality. Recall how Auryn consolidated all of those disparate mining concession groups into one entity. The LDM deal with Hoch may have undone some of that consolidation. In my mind, the LDM JV with Hoch pretty much precluded a deal on the porphyry areas unless there was some clause to the JV deal that addressed any scenario wherein this JV was stalling a deal on the porphyries. Recall that hyperspectral satellite imaging survey showing a 7 Km swath of “about a dozen” intrusives. If you’re going to cough up the big bucks to build out this project then you’re going to want to annex that 3,000 ha LDM parcel NOW before your work might prove that it’s worth a bunch of money and you end up having to pay up for it LATER. This re-amalgamation of the LDM and the porphyry areas THEORY would also extend the mine life. Hoch would rather have a lesser percentage of the entire project than just the right to codevelop the LDM. Think about how inefficient it would be for Hoch to hire a helicopter to do an aeromagnetic study on just the LDM and the new partners on the porphyry areas hire a different firm to do the same type of study on the Pegaso Nero and porphyry areas.

What we learned yesterday from Kevin is that TODAY there are no encumbrances present that keep Auryn from doing a deal with anybody on any part of the ADL. That’s perfect. Maybe Hoch is part of a group to co-develop the entire ADL less the mesothermal vein area or maybe not. Another question is, would Hoch simply walking away from the JV not represent a “material event” necessitating a press release? I would think so, which makes me feel that Hoch might still be hanging around in some type of capacity other than as a JV partner at the LDM and only the LDM.

Hoch wouldn’t design and build a processing facility for the LDM if there’s going to be one next door. What’s interesting is that nobody has said that Hochschild “walked” from the LDM or ADL project in general, yet we got that atypical news about the 3 drill holes without any further explanation. I’m hoping that the lack of further explanation might have something to do with the chance for an upcoming deal on the porphyry areas but I certainly can’t guarantee that. Kevin’s comment tells us that IF the LDM JV was holding up a deal on the porphyry areas then it no longer is. Five years ago, at the “informational meeting” in Las Vegas, there appeared to be some solid interest in the porphyry areas. Since then, copper has more than doubled in price and all that people can talk about is “the electrification of America”. New copper discoveries remain few and far between. Hochschild’s “walking” from the LDM deal AFTER the tremendous results Auryn got on the trenching program as well as the follow up work done on the mesothermal vein system makes no sense. Their forte is UNDERGROUND VEIN SYSTEMS and they’re really good at it. Admittedly this is speculative but I think it makes sense. Thanks for your input Zotron!

3 Likes