Auryn/Medinah - 2021 - 2nd Half General Discussion

The ore is generally emplaced in granodiorite at Lampa which has a density of 2650 kilos per cubic meter. Your measurements equal 12 cubic meters. This works out to 31,800 kilograms or 31.8 metric tons of ore. This yields 1272 grams of gold. Assume 90% gold recovery…no credits for silver/copper(silver probably adds about $2000 to the value of the ore)…yields 40.38 ounces or $73,128 dollars. Go with what I think would be a conservative cost estimate of $1000/ounce yields $40,380 cost or $32,748 net.

The amount of cubic yardage in your calculation is the amount that one work crew could do in one shift for one working face per day.

Assume 25 working days per month which would yield $818,750 net per month. Now that the production tunnel has pierced the original Lampa mine workings that come out to be about 1 kilometer in length if you add up all the shafts, drifts, chimneys etc, it would be easy to have more than one active face being worked on a time by other work crews. Add a second shift and you could double production as well.

3 Likes

They will get credit for all the metals when it is over 25g.

2 Likes

What accounts for the difference of projected worth of 12 cubic yards between Baldy’s “$10K of profit” and MG’s “$32,748 net”? Part of the answer may be on pg 29 of the “Geological Report on the Fortuna Gold Property Metropolitan Region for Cerro Dorado Inc.” July 12, 1999.

I like Mike’s estimate better, FWIW, but of course I’m favorably biased for a successful outcome to all shareholders! :thinking:

3 Likes

Mike’s response if probably more accutate (incorporating the density vs. my straight math). Either outcome would be a big positive for MDMN but both are making some pretty big assumptions.

2 Likes

I may also have been influenced by the summary Satellite Imagery Report by Clemente Sepulveda Perez (contracted by Vale and BHP Billiton) when he concluded (in the translated version):

2 PORPHYRIES ARE PRESENT AND A VARIETY OF MINERALIZATION TYPES WERE IDENTIFIED. AT LEAST “HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF TONS OF RESOURCES” ARE PRESENT IN THE UPPER PARTS OF THE PORPHYRIES AND SKARNS. HE SUGGESTS GEOLOGICAL MAPPING, GEOPHYSICAL STUDIES AND DRILLING. HE CITES THAT THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT A “WORLD CLASS” DEPOSIT.

I did like the conclusion of that report! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey Sack;
As far as I can surmise, unless Medinah becomes up to date with their reporting (Financials, Company Info, etc.) You will not be able to buy the shares, only sell starting mid Aug. 2021. (with TDAmeritrade anyways, but I suspect most brokers will follow this.)

CHEERS,
ROD

From TDAmeritrade :

SEC Rule 15c2-11Restricted Securities

On September 28, 2021, new amendments to Rule 15c-211 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
go into effect to enhance investor protection and improve issuer transparency. These amendments restrict the ability of market makers to publish quotations for those companies that have not made required current financial and company information available to regulators and investors.

Ahead of the regulatory enforcement date, TD Ameritrade will only accept orders to liquidate positions -
(i.e. no new buy orders) starting in mid-August 2021.

Please note: After the amendment officially goes
into effect on September 28, 2021, it may be more difficult to liquidate these securities. Quoting and market liquidity may also be very limited.

The list is below as of June 30, 2021 and is subject to change at any time.

Symbol CUSIP Company Name
MDMN 58489M109 Medinah Minerals, Inc.

" On September 16, 2020, the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) adopted amendments to Securities Exchange Act Rule 15c2-11… The object of the proposed changes was, according to the regulator, to ensure that over-the-counter issuers—better known as penny stocks—would make “current information” available to prospective investors."

In the end, non-registrants will have to make limited disclosure, which is a welcome change. If they fail to meet the requirement, they’ll be delisted to the Grey Market or (see below) the “Expert Market.” If a qualified IDQS determines that an issuer’s current information is no longer current, broker-dealers will have a grace period of 15 calendar days in which they may continue to quote the stock. This will give investors an opportunity to exit their positions, should they wish to take it.

Thanks Rod…

1 Like

Hi EZ,

Probably the most important paper ever published on porphyry deposits was done by Don Singer in 2008 (or 2009?). He studied the characteristics of almost every porphyry deposit on the planet and provided the findings to not only his colleagues in the profession but also to us investors that would like to capitalize on this knowledge. Here is a link:

https://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2008/1155/

I think that Perez’s assertion that there were two porphyries present has pretty well been borne out. The Singer paper tells us why. The presence of a Cu-Mo (type 21a) porphyry at the ADL is beyond compelling. This is due to the ridge crest sampling program orchestrated by Auryn. Recall that it revealed a massive area (3,600 meters in the N to S direction and 1,200 meters in the E to W direction) showing copper and moly anomalies RIGHT AT SURFACE and in intrusive breccias present there. These breccias bore high levels of tourmaline. Gold with the grades we’re seeing at the ADL mesothermal vein deposit are seldomly associated, spatially or temporally, with type 21a Cu-Mo deposits. In isolated porphyries, you tend to get one or the other, moly or gold, but you rarely get both. In fact, moly is pretty much ONLY mined in porphyry environments.

Next you need to overlay the C.S. Perez hyperspectral satellite imaging survey showing a 7 Km swath of “about a dozen” intrusives oriented in a SW to NE direction across the plateau and its southern downslopes. At the ADL, these “intrusives” include what clearly appear to be an ultra-rich mesothermal vein system, porphyries, skarns, breccias, mantos, etc. What all of these structures have in common, now we’re thinking on a “District” scale, is the same gigantic magma chamber (sometimes two magma chambers that are linked). The gold and copper/silver/moly bearing hydrothermal fluids and gases all came out of the same magma chamber. After the formative process is completed over tens of millions of years, the relict magma chamber and the area immediately above its former roof/carapace is referred to as a “porphyry”.

The more likely source for gold grades as insanely high as is found at the ADL is a Cu-Au (type 20c) porphyry. Keep in mind that some mesothermal deposits are of a metasomatic origin or associated with plutonic rock. When the Auryn geoscientists did the Re/Os dating study and found that the ore was about 91 million years old (Cretaceous) in origin matching the age of the Andacollo Cu-Au porphyry to its north near La Serena, immediately the Andacollo Mining District became the most likely template for the ADL Mining District’s deposits. The same basic rock formations underly both although they go by different names i.e. the Veta Negra and Las Chilcas formations. At the Andacollo deposit, abnormally high-grade gold tends to radiate out in a 5 Km radius from the centrally located porphyry. Sound familiar? So, I would definitely count on 2 separate porphyries (or porphyry-skarn complexes) at the ADL. Maurizio told us very clearly at the Las Vegas “informational meeting” that the porphyry areas are way too big for Auryn to take on solo. Back then, Freeport McMoRan, gave Maurizio permission to use their name as being a party of interest to the porphyry areas. He also mentioned that there were two mega-majors “even bigger than Freeport” that were interested. He couldn’t give us their name.

We need to keep in mind that were dealing with the ADL “Mining District”. The development of the various ADL deposits has occurred over time which typically involves many “phases”. Vein deposits, as well as skarns, breccias, mantos, etc., typically occur in conjunction with porphyries often above and lateral to the porphyry. Sometimes the porphyry and the adnexal structures can be linked temporally and/or spatially to each other but sometimes not. Sillitoe and his colleagues are still fighting over whether or not the Andacollo Mine is spatially or temporally linked to the underlying magma chamber. These adnexal structures are “related”. Recall the PR from management noting that the Merlin 1 Vein over at the Caren Mine was “related” to the Don Luis 1 Vein.

What we need to keep in mind is that due to the “related” nature of these various deposits, interested majors are definitely going to take notice of the grades being realized in the vein complexes even though they might be more interested in the adnexal structures especially the porphyry in the case of the mega-majors. We investors are not going to see the majors dive into the Medinah or Auryn markets just because of these insanely high grades. I would assume (but cannot confirm) that negotiations behind the scenes got accelerated coincident to these high-grade revelations. This is especially true with the recent price performances of copper and moly. We are living in a time period in which there have not been any major discoveries made for quite some time and the MR/MR on the balance sheets of the majors is getting pretty skinny.

We’re all obviously excited about the grades being found in the vein complexes around the Don Luis and other nearby veins. Keep in mind though that the mere presence of these super rich veins is highly suggestive and corroborative of the presence of all of these various other adnexal structures that also are derived from the same magma chambers and that all might be of a high-grade nature. It’s a “system”. Soon we’ll get a view of the cash flow that will emanate out of the development of the various vein complexes. I don’t sense that any of the various prognostications are even close to reality. I’d suggest trusting management and starting with the initial 40 tpd projection based pretty much on one or let’s say 1.5 working faces since management did say that this projection initially couldn’t be achieved until the new “Fortuna Adit” got to one of its various targets. This took longer than anticipated. Keep in mind that these projections are based on Santiago being in full quarantine status and the supply chains being somewhat hamstrung. Part of the purpose of the adit is to increase the number of “working faces” for the miners to go after at the same time. I think a more accurate way to gauge production is to multiply 40 tpd times the number of working faces in play at any given time. Back when the Caren Mine/Merlin 1 Vein system was the primary target for production, Maurizio anticipated somewhere around 6 working faces where simultaneous blasting and mucking would occur. The mining process is somewhat straight forward in one sense. You drill holes in the working face with a jackleg percussion hammer. You stuff the holes with explosives (often ANFO). You yell out the customary “fire in the hole”. You blast and let the dust settle and then you “muck” (scoop up) the ore and deliver it to the adit opening. The key is to get a lot of “working faces” going at the same time.

4 Likes

Just a heads up but when a vein “dips” at a 45-degree angle like the Don Luis 1 (the old Fortuna Centro Vein) does to the NE, the pay streak at the working face of a level adit goes diagonally in a 3 meter by 3 meter adit. It’s actually 4.24 meters of “pay” not 3 meters. That’s a 41% difference.

1 Like

Woot, woot!

11 Likes

Let’s get this SP moving north!

2 Likes

Perfect timing for the wheel loader:

Gold prices are holding at session highs as the inflation threat in the U.S. continues to growth with producers feeling the heat.

Wednesday, the U.S. Labor Department said its Producer Price Index (PPI) rose 1% in June following May’s 0.8%; the data was stronger than expected with economists’ forecasting an increase of 0.6%.

For the year, producer prices rose 7.3% the largest advance since 12-month data were first calculated in November 2010.

The report said that core producer prices rose also rose 1% last month, up from May’s increase of 0.7%. Economists were expecting to see a 0.5% rise in wholesale inflation.

Gold prices were holding strong gains ahead of the latest inflation report and have added to those gains in initial reaction. August gold futures last traded at $1,829.20 an ounce, up 1% on the day.

Wheel Loaders

Anyone here receive this type of message from their broker:

On September 28, 2021 , new amendments adopted by the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) go into effect to enhance investor protection and improve issuer transparency. These amendments restrict the ability of market makers to publish quotations for those companies that have not made required current financial and company information available to regulators and investors.

Ahead of the regulatory enforcement date, we will only accept orders to liquidate positions (i.e. no new buy orders) starting August 13, 2021 . After the amendment officially goes into effect on September 28, 2021, it may be more difficult to liquidate these securities. Quoting and market liquidity may also be very limited.

What this means for your account(s). You are receiving this notification because you currently hold one or more of the impacted securities in your account. We’re including the list below but be aware that it may not include all of your impacted securities. There is also a chance that the impacted companies could come into compliance with the regulatory requirements ahead of this date and be removed from the list. MDMN,

You have multiple options to consider, such as:

• Take no action . You are not required to sell these securities; however, starting August 13, 2021 we will restrict these securities to liquidation-only transactions. You may continue to hold them, but you may have difficulty selling them in the future and there is no guarantee as to what their future value will be

• Place trades to liquidate . You may place trades to liquidate these securities now. Due to the uncertainly, we cannot guarantee there will be sufficient liquidity to close your position(s) in the future.

• Transfer your positions to another financial institution . Other U.S. financial institutions are also impacted by this amendment so you may have difficulty transferring them out of TD Ameritrade. If you are interested in transferring the assets, please submit any outgoing transfers requests to us. (These transactions may incur fees or commissions, depending on the asset type.)

Perhaps with this new SEC rule forthcoming management will hasten the conversion from Medina to Auryn.

1 Like

Mike, Please explain why the September 28 date will be a non-event for Medinah. I don’t understand.

1 Like

Judge,

I’m comfortable with the notion Auryn/Medinah are doing what is needed to be in compliance with all applicable securities regulations. I suggest you keep on an eye out on the OTC for updates. This issue has not gone unnoticed with Medinah. The regulation has been on the books since last year. It appears only now that some shareholders are finding out about it. Ultimately, this new rule will get rid of lot of derelict trading shells that shouldn’t be trading. Although it might not seem like much of the time the last couple of years, Medinah is still functioning and has a valuable asset that allows it to do what is needed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

Here’s the text of the new SEC Rule regarding 15 c 2-11 and public disclosure of information:

The SEC doesn’t want market makers to make markets in “thinly traded securities of an issuer with limited assets” because of the existence of pump and dumps. A quote from the text is: “Because a pump-and-dump scheme often involves a thinly traded security of an issuer with limited assets, this exception recognizes that such fraudulent and manipulative activity generally does not involve issuers with substantial assets.” So, the SEC set up several exceptions so that legitimate companies with legitimate assets don’t get ensnared in this new rule. We need to remember that Medinah is simply a “holding company”. It is basically a safe deposit box that “holds” 16-plus million shares of Auryn which represents 24% of the entire ADL Mining District as well as 11-plus million shares of AMNP which holds the Caren and Puange placer properties at the ADL’s northern border as well as the Llano, Mali, Fortuna (not the Fortuna Mine at the ADL) and the Poseidon.

Medinah’s refusal to pay the accounting and legal fees in order to provide public information made perfect sense because Auryn makes all of those filings and their Auryn holdings probably represent 95%-plus of their assets. This new rule may or may not force Medinah to pay some back fees in order to get back into compliance with the OTCMarkets-PinkSheets. Medinah is hardly a “thinly traded security with limited assets”. One exception to this new rule is covered below in Section “F” of the new rule:

“F. ADTV and Asset Test Exception—Rule 15c2-11(f)(5) To provide retail investors with greater price transparency, and to reduce burdens on broker-dealers in publishing quotations for highly liquid securities of well-capitalized issuers where the Rule’s goals can be achieved through alternative means, the Commission is adopting the ADTV and asset test exception substantially as proposed, with modifications, as discussed below. Specifically, the proposed exception would have permitted a broker-dealer to publish or 388 SIFMA Letter. 122 submit quotations without complying with the information review requirement where: (1) a security has a worldwide average daily trading volume value (the “ADTV value”) of at least $100,000 during the 60 calendar days immediately before the publication of a quotation for such security, and (2) the issuer of such security has at least $50 million in total assets and $10 million in unaffiliated shareholders’ equity as reflected in the issuer’s publicly available audited balance sheet issued within six months after the end of its most recent fiscal year.389 In addition, the proposed exception would also have required that paragraph (b) information about the issuer be current and publicly available.390 The Commission sought comment on such an exception. Commenters expressed support for an exception for highly liquid securities of well-capitalized issuers.391 Because a pump-and-dump scheme often involves a thinly traded security of an issuer with limited assets, this exception recognizes that such fraudulent and manipulative activity generally does not involve issuers with substantial assets.392 The Commission believes that the exception (i.e., one that is based on a security’s ADTV value and the issuer’s total assets and shareholders’ equity) will help to ensure that the Rule’s policy goal of deterring broker-dealers from commencing quotations for quoted OTC securities that may facilitate a fraudulent or manipulative scheme is not undermined.393 Further, the Commission believes that the exception’s three thresholds of ADTV value, total assets, and shareholders’ equity are tailored to appropriately capture issuers of securities that are less susceptible to fraud and manipulation based on the liquidity of the security and size of the issuer.”

Depending upon the upcoming roll out in gold production, Medinah may or may not qualify for this particular exception. This could play out in any of a number of ways. Medinah obviously has a built-in “hedge” against anything bad occurring. They own a fourth of the action at the ADL Mining District. If a dividend stream becomes a reality, then this safety deposit box will be stuffed with cash. This opens up the possibility to buy back and cancel shares so that each current shareholder owns that much higher of a portion of the 16-plus million AUMC shares and the dividend flow that might represent. Cash dividend distributions apply even to RESTRICTED shares sitting in the Treasury. If Auryn started generating significant revenue then they could conceivably buy back and cancel some of their 70 million outstanding shares. This would make Medinah’s 16-plus million shares represent a larger percentage of the ADL and a larger percentage of any future cash dividend flow. A key concept at play is “mine life” and how long any cash dividend flow might last. This is where the difference between an epithermal and a mesothermal deposit comes into play.

Theoretically, Medinah could go private. If somebody wanted a 24% stake in the ADL in one fell swoop then theoretically Medinah could be taken out. A major miner wouldn’t care if those 16-plus million AUMC shares are currently RESTRICTED. Another factor is how does the Biden administration plan on taxing dividend income. We might want dividend income instead of capital gains taxed at some usurious rate. As mentioned by a forum participant, all of this might result in expediting the distributing of the AUMC shares.

5 Likes

See my post above.

Auryn/Medinah - 2021 - 2nd Half General Discussion - #97 by TheRod

Nice to see that they bought a larger tunnel loader.
This brings things up to a new level.
Look at the videos you see it’s a low slung loader with smooth tires, and side saddle seating easier to drive in both directions made for dead end tunnels. The highest part being the safety cage for the operator. I dare say it will be doing double duty outside the tunnel for now, and inside as they expand it for this machine.
This should step up ore production, as the baby skidder can stay in tunnel and pull back blastings, help load bigger loader, fill an level the road base, and a number of things the large one can’t. This loader could bring out about 6 times what the baby skidder can. These are real workhorses.

Dusty dirty work. Thanks guys.

3 Likes