Auryn/Medinah - 2021 - 2nd Half General Discussion

John,

I’m not going to get sucked into an unwinnable debate with you. Maurizio “didn’t deliver” at the Caren because SERNAGEOMIN mandated that Auryn construct 3 separate “safety exit/ventilation” chimneys each of 140-meters height prior to going into production. He initially gave it a try and then opted to change the plan and go after the Fortuna Mine which already had 7 shafts in place. In 2010, when the 33 miners got trapped at the San Jose Mine near Copiapo, the builders of the mine failed to put in any safety chimneys. After the worldwide mining community came down hard on Chile, SERNAGEOMIN cleaned up their act and is playing hardball with safety issues.

John, This is the 15th, count them, F-I-F-T-E-E-N-T-H year you have found the need to challenge about 90% of every post I have made. You know that I don’t know you from Adam. This is not normal behavior, John. My prediction is that you are going to cost innocent shareholders and their families tens of millions of dollars on this deal because they didn’t realize that you are highly motivated to make sure nobody wins on a deal that you took a loss on. Yet once again, I am going to kindly ask you to CEASE AND DESIST the ad hominem attacks.

14 Likes

Perhaps. For those investors that are still alive by then. What hallucinogenics are you currently using and recommend Wizard? I’m microdosing myself. I can now see clearly through the woods. And I don’t see Medinah or Auryn in my future. (OT)… Check out lwlg… My farewell gift to the board…

No worries and no hallucinogenics here, mangelsen. Do what’s best for you. No reason to be condescending. Best of success to you on lwig or whatever you do.

5 Likes

I was able to spend the day with MC in New York. TMP got a nice shout out on twitter!

9 Likes

My guess is that this will be yet another prediction that doesn’t bear fruit but, as I’ve said, I’m open to being wrong and will happily buy AUMC at slightly higher prices if they start to prove me wrong.

What’s not a predcition, but a stated fact, is that you have already created $10’s of million of losses for the 1000s of investors who blindly put faith in your wild speculations while blasting some of the skeptics callling for a share audit…defending Les while others called him out…and yet you still post…that to me is not “normal behavior” but to each their own…only on this board would some of the skeptics be shamed for questioning what the company is putting out in PRs while the stock drops 99.9%…

2 Likes

I am not nearly as knowledgable as CHG, Doc, Baldy, or Coldsnow when it comes to evaluating gold mining companies. Each of them gives me something to think about. Here is my view on things after reading their posts and talking with AURYN management.

The hard, slow work of bootstrapping the startup of a mining operation in 2021

• Underground gold mining is very difficult, especially at the beginning of a project and when you’re trying to bootstrap the operation. Foul weather, equipment breaking, fault lines, super hard rock, minor errors in a calculation or by contractors, and other events can all delay your progress.

• Bootstrapping a new operation during a pandemic makes it even more difficult. Established miners with more resources take precedence. Permitting, inspections, assaying take an extraordinary amount of time. Not to mention kinks in the supply chain for equipment.

• Add to the above that we are in a bull market for copper and all the big copper produces are sucking up the available resources and the challenge becomes even more difficult.

The risks of investing in pink sheet stocks and mining companies in a foreign country

• Notoriously, management of pink sheet stocks have no scruples. Pump & dumps after insiders have loaded up on stock is an everyday occurrence. Worse, outright fraud is not uncommon.

• Mining companies are also subject to other risks - horrible weather or earthquakes, currency collapse, nationalization, lack of capital, catastrophic errors by staff, “no gold in the hills”, and so forth.

• The combination of it being a pink sheet company in a foreign country also makes everything reported particularly difficult to validate.

Where I think AURYN stands and how it moves forward from here

• Based on previously posted reports, information from our resident geology gurus, and the veins and assays recently reported on in the quarterly updates, AURYN has well over 1 million ounces gold in the vein systems.

• It still must be demonstrated and verified, but the grades and width of the veins make it economical to mine and that will improve as the mine is mechanized.

• In spite of the aforementioned warnings re: pink sheet management, I have complete confidence that AURYN intends to put a gold mine in place with no dilution to shareholders. They have sufficient capital and enough near-term, high-value targets to grow operations to the point where a full scale, mechanized mine and mill can be funded with non-dilutive options. While this will not happen overnight, it seems overnight for those of us who have been here for 2 decades!

• There are excellent prospects for advancement on copper projects at LDM, the ADL Breccia, and the Pegaso Nero. I think all three of them are beyond AURYN’s current capabilities. If they are to move forward it will be with some kind of a joint-venture with a larger, more established company.

• MC is a person of hope and optimism. (As am I when it comes to this investment.) Management’s quarterly updates seem to be written from that perspective, without anticipation of setbacks or delays. Realize, things always take longer and cost more than optimists hope.

Predictions

• I reiterate my “hockey stick growth” perspective. We are on the face of the stick. In the next 2-4 quarters we will hit an inflection point. Then it is off to the races.

• AURYN will become cashflow positive in late 2021 or early 2022. AURYN will use its positive cashflow in the following sequence.

1. Modestly improve the scale of its operations.
    2. Improve its public reporting and communications.
    3. Pay back its financial backers, dollar for dollar, no-interest, no dilution.
    4. Significantly improve the scale of its operations, including mechanization and a mill.
    5. Become a dividend machine.
  • We will eventually receive AUMC shares for our MDMN shares at a ratio 1 AUMC for 200 MDMN. I expect there will be some kind of restriction on these shares or that it will be difficult to place them at brokerage firms (if holding certificates.) I believe this will change when AUMC completes #2 and is climbing the hockey-stick. In other words, improved AUMC reporting and a stock trading over $3-5 a share will make it easier to remove the restriction and have firms accept the deposit of certificate shares.

Disclaimers

• All that is posted is my opinion only. Please do NOT infer that because I have a relationship with management of AUMC and MDMN and other shareholders that this is their view as well. Do NOT assume that my predictions and priorities for how funds will be used or what happens to Medinah’s AUMC shares align with management’s. These are just my views and predictions based on observations of how things have occurred to date.

• Regardless of my opinion of management and their integrity, or my understanding of mining risks, AUMC and MDMN is a high risk, potentially high-reward investment. If we have learned anything from the Les Price saga it’s this, do not invest any money here if you cannot risk losing it all.

• I have positions in AUMC and MDMN.

• I had a cannoli yesterday from Eataly!

18 Likes

“Do not invest any money here if you cannot risk losing it all” Hasn’t everybody already lost it all? Sorry…Just couldn’t resist…The cannoli sure looks good…

4 Likes

Thanks for those tidbits, Wizard - and thanks for taking the time (and expense) to meet Maurizio in the city!

Pretty much very consistent with what we already know, just good to hear management is still thinking along the same lines.

The use of funds sequence seems very reasonable to me - especially when considering the fact that management still aspires to ZERO dilution.

As a poster much smarter than me said above, the critical issue will be the GRADE we can sustain at the outset, which will determine how much money we make, which will determine the new equipment we can buy, which in turn will create the snowball effect we are all wanting. The rest of it will fall into place. I’ve been a “do-it-yourself” advocate for a LONG time, and it’s finally happening. The do-it-yourself option is ironically going to put us into a better position to deal with the projects we CAN’T do ourselves too. Congratulations to all - I’m very patient to wait a few more quarters, as I’ve been here about 10 years (call me a newbie), and I’m now VERY confident I will make money, and good money.

I just got a question as to whether I thought that Kevin was getting a little ahead of himself by stating that the ADL veins have “well over 1 million ounces of gold”. First of all, management told us already that they figured on blocking out reserves in Q-3 which is now two-thirds gone. The one misconception that I think is out there is that you need drill holes in order to block out Mineral Reserves and Mineral Resources. The short answer is absolutely not. What a P. Geo needs to do is to create a 3-dimensional model, sometimes referred to as block modeling and sometimes as “wire frame” models. The data derived cam come from any combination of drill holes, existent workings, trench sampling, etc. The single most valuable source of information by far is PRIOR PRODUCTION.

If you look at the Don Luis 1 Vein as a massive sheet of plywood. We know that the strike length at surface is at least 1.7 Km. The average width is going to be somewhere in between 0.5 and perhaps 3 meters down deep. The average depth would probably be set at perhaps 1,000 meters based on what we know about mesothermal veins, prior IP/IR studies, other geophysics tests, etc. Using the average width of 1 meter, you’ve got a volume of 1.7 km length times 1 Km depth times .001 Km average width. This comes out to a volume of 1.7 million cubic meters. Somebody recently posted from an interview of Eric Sprott wherein he recommended this same approach. We know from prior production efforts that the ore present has a density or “specific gravity” of 3.25 tonnes per cubic meter. This represents a vein with about 5.5 million tonnes of material. If the entire vein averaged 45 gpt gold then this would represent 248 million grams of gold. Since one Troy ounce is equal to 31.1 grams, this would represent 7.99 million ounces of gold. However, if only one third of that working face is vein material, then you need to divide that number by 3 resulting in 2.66 million ounces of gold. If the average vein width comes in at 2-meters then you’d have 5.32 million ounces of gold. This Sprott method is crude and should only be used as a screening tool.

The host rock which is a cousin of granodiorite known as quartz monzodiorite because of the presence of orthoclase feldspar has a density/SP of 2.9. You’ve also got gold with a density of 19, magnetite, hematite and pyrite all with an SP of a little over 5. When combined it comes in at 3.25 tonnes per cubic meter. This 3.25 figure is critical to remember because when you’re working with “blast cycles” which free up 18 cubic meters of rock (an adit measuring 3 meters by 3 meters and a blast depth of 2 meters) and working with grades measured in grams per tonne i.e. 45 gpt gold, it’s important to know the weight of the rubble resulting from one blast cycle i.e. 18 cubic meters times 3.25 Tonnes per cubic meter or 58.5 Tonnes of “rubble” resulting from 1 blast. If, for example, the width of the vein is 2-meters, as it was in the case which Kevin proposed to us a while back, then two thirds of that rubble or 39 Tonnes grades 45 gpt and the other third pretty much zero. In this scenario, one blast frees up 1,755 grams of gold or 56 ounces. Whether you believe that or not depends upon whether or not you trust the 45 gpt average grade figure and the 2-meter width figure. The rest of the math is pretty straight forward.

Do the Auryn P. Geos have enough data to crank out a preliminary MR/MR figure? Well, the exhaustive trenching program did a good job of telling us about the top of that sheet of plywood. The recent 18 sample results posted by management give us a good look at the side of that sheet of plywood as seen from these samples taken from “Shaft #1” of the Don Luis 1 Vein. Seven shafts have been completed there. The past production results give us a peek at what was located within the 7 horizontal “levels” present at the old Fortuna Mine. The new “Fortuna Adit gives us a pretty good view of what’s going on at the 150-meter depth level below the plateau. This intersected the Don Luis 1 Vein on June 23, 2021. The past IP/IR studies gave us a pretty good “X-ray view” of the vein down to about the 400 or so meter depth level. So, yes, I’d say that the P. Geos and the software they use will be in a position to give us a pretty good glimpse of preliminary MR/MR. Again, you don’t need drill holes, ESPECIALLY IN A VEIN DEPOSIT, in order to block out MR/MR. For a porphyry type target, absolutely, you need drill holes spaced at 50-100 meters in order to get a good peek.

Remember, so far I’m only talking about the Don Luis 1 Vein. This is where we have the most information available that Ni-43-101 as well as the Canadian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy’s (“CIM’s”) Standards and Guidelines for Mineral Reserve/Mineral Resource mandate be available. The information available for the Caren Mine/Merlin 1 Vein isn’t far behind that of the DL 1 Vein. The two structures that management refers to as the “massive” veins, i.e. the Leopoldo Antonino and the Don Enrique which both exceed 2-meters in width AT SURFACE (in a mesothermal vein system famous for veins widening at depth) have data available from surface trenching but not much more. So, is Kevin getting too far out over his skis in his statement that “the ADL vein system has well over 1 million ounces of gold”? I don’t think so.

Let’s shift gears for a second. Nobody has said Jack Diddly about the recent results posted by Auryn on the website regarding the results of those 18 samples mostly taken from “Shaft #1” over at the Don Luis 1 Vein. Here’s a link to the recent results posted:
https://aurynminingcorp.com/dl-map/

First of all, we don’t have the exact references to the vertical level from which these were taken within the shaft. We know that management has dewatered and demudded down to about the 2nd to 3rd level from surface of 7 total horizontal “levels”. How would you describe the results from samples 12 or so through 18. I’d say, pretty impressive, if not “bonanza” type grades. Why did they go down that shaft and do the sampling? Reason #1 might have been so that they could get a good look at the side of that sheet of plywood so that they could block out more MR/MR. Are the MR/MR results going to be somewhat impressive? Perhaps. Another reason might have been to corroborate the production numbers that SMFL posted over 30 years. These were somewhere in between 64 and 92 gpt OVER 30 STRAIGHT YEARS. Now zoom out and look at a metaphorical cross section through the entire vein system from the Caren Mine to the west (left when viewed from the south) to the eastern terminus of the veins over by the Don Luis 1 Vein. What do you see in common? Bonanza grades at a depth of about 60 to perhaps 140 meters of depth.

Do you think this represents one of those “boiling zones” we’ve been talking about which average about 300-meters in vertical extent? Umm, yes I think so. Is there a bunch of the chalcedony form of quartz that denotes the rapid cooling of hydrothermal fluids resulting in the breaking of the bond between gold and sulfur allowing the gold to pile up in some pretty crazy concentrations? Umm, yes. In a “vein system” of somewhat parallel veins with similar characteristics which share a common underlying magma chamber do you think that the other 4 or 5 major veins that we don’t know much about (except at surface from the trenching program which had similar results to the DL 1 Vein and Merlin 1 Vein) might have corresponding vertical zones of somewhat crazy type veins? Umm, maybe but we’ll know soon enough. Might this “Shaft #1” area with the crazy grades be a good place to commence production? Since management can produce from any site they so choose, might the initial several years of production be concentrating on some pretty high-grade ore?

From a geo-modeling point of view, the whole picture is starting to gel. There can be no certainty at this point, but since the ore-bearing hydrothermal fluids and gases came from one of these absolutely gigantic magma chambers and since porphyries are basically relict magma chambers and the areas above their roof/carapace, might these “porphyries” have a decent shot at being somewhat high-grade as far as porphyries go? Porphyries are typically low-grade but huge and their economics come from their size and their ability to be open pitted using bulk mining methodologies to mine. It’s time to go back, once again, to Dollar Tree with the G-Kids. You might look at their stock, I think they’re about to have a good quarter!

6 Likes

Once again, thanks to Kevin for giving us some great insights after recently sitting with Maurizio. Auryn is already on record as stating that they want to become fully-reporting and uplist to a loftier exchange and/or quotation system/trading venue. I assume this is what Kevin was referring to in his prediction #2 below. When you’re “fully reporting” with the SEC, you need to communicate certain material events promptly via filing what are called 8 K’s or “current reports”. You’ll notice that Kevin listed this goal as being subsequent to “modestly improving the scale of its operations”. We don’t know the current scale of operations except for management stating almost 8 months ago that they wanted to be producing at the rate of 40 tpd in early Q-1 of 2021. Later, they stated that they couldn’t meet this projection until after they intersected the Don Luis 1 Vein which occurred on June 23, 2021.

The assumption was that this intersection allowed them to “modestly improve the scale of its operations” thereby allowing them to “improve its public reporting and communications”. Below Kevin’s projections, I included a link to the listing requirements for the various exchanges that would qualify as an uplisting from Auryn’s current OTCPink-current with the Alternative Reporting Standards” status. Two other options that might be under consideration would be the OTCQX and OTCQB operated by OTCMarkets. These are technically “quote systems” and not “exchanges”. I think one of the often-overlooked aspects of going into production and becoming profitable is the ability to uplist to an exchange or trading venue that offers a lot more credibility as well as the ability to hopefully attract more of an institutional following. Many institutions might find the prognosis for the success of a company like Auryn as being excellent but for technical reasons they can’t touch their shares UNTIL they “uplist”. In reviewing the various listing requirements presented, you can see that it doesn’t take a huge amount of earnings in order to qualify for an uplisting.

Note that a certain “Market Cap” is often a listing requirement as too is “Share Price”. The “Share Price” listing requirement is one reason why corporate executives like Maurizio are so keen on minimizing dilution. So, prediction #1, “modestly improving the scale of operations” gets you to projection #2, an uplisting and then projection #4, “significantly improving scale with mechanization” gets you to projection #5, “becoming a dividend machine”. You could insert the term “without dilution” after all 5 of those projections (in #3 he already did). In regards to prediction #5, “becoming a dividend machine”, the life expectancy of that dividend machine will tie-in with the concept of “mine life”. That “dividend machine” is going to be a lot more powerful IF the first 4 predictions are met WITHOUT DILUTION. Kevin likes to use the term “bootstrapping” which implies using the resources available to you now without dilution of either your share structure or your equity percentage ownership.

The CAPEX for a project the size of the porphyries, skarns, breccias, mantos, etc. will be so large that “bootstrapping” will not be an option UNLESS the share price advances aggressively and it makes sense to sell a few shares at exorbitant prices in order to advance the project a step or two further without any equity percentage ownership adverse effects.

“AURYN will become cashflow positive in late 2021 or early 2022. AURYN will use its positive cashflow in the following sequence.

1. Modestly improve the scale of its operations.
  2. Improve its public reporting and communications.
  3. Pay back its financial backers, dollar for dollar, no-interest, no dilution.
  4. Significantly improve the scale of its operations, including mechanization and a mill.
  5. Become a dividend machine.”

https://venturelawcorp.com/master-chart-of-the-listing-requirements-of-the-nyse-nyse-mkt-nasdaq-tsx-tsx-venture-exchange-aequitas-neo-and-cse/

3 Likes

Just because MDMN is waiting for the share conversion doesn’t mean that management needs to let it slide all the way down to the sewer. They still have shareholders and they should of addressed the issue with long ago and not wait till last minute and that’s if they are doing something about it. For heavens sake when will this nightmare end!!

8 Likes

Hulkster, I share your issue with patience.

But, I think if we wait until the AUMC share price is a little healthier, it will cost us LESS in dilution to pay a CPA to get financials prepared so we can become compliant. At least, that’s my interpretation of the reason for the delay.

Trust me, I know it is HARD to be patient at this point, but I do believe Maurizio wants to do the best for all of us - he has shares of ownership in MDMN too, LOTS of them. And I’m thinking he’d prefer NOT to screw himself.

30% on 3M shares is somewhat scary. What happens when/if the year-end tax selling materializes (as it always does) and there’s still no allowed buying? I will admit that I’ll be taking a flyer at .0001 if it gets there (I don’t think it can go any lower). Anyone claiming this is a wise,cost saving decision is out of their mind. What if AUMC goes down before it goes up? I hate to speak against my potential buying opportunity but these guys need to get on the filings or make the distributions yesterday. This is not a good reflection on corporate governance.

2 Likes

Kevin;

Did you ask about the Medinah filings ? Any information on the timing or cost ?

Thanks,
Rod

1 Like

Waiting on OTC per Raul as far as I understand. Nothing for MDMN to do. AUMC / Maurizio has nothing to do with MDMN’s business - other than they keep an eye on it because MDMN has 16 million shares of AUMC.

2 Likes

Mdmn has to get current on reporting and coordinate distribution of AUMC shares
They have a few things to do

1 Like

I know we have some members that are accountants. Could one of you give a guesstimate on what the cost would be ?

I’m wondering what the charge would be for Medinah to produce the 11 Quarterly & 3 Annual statements. Especially since the 2018 Accounting Expense was only $2,420.

So for each $2,420 spent on Accounting, the number of shares at the current price of $0.0015 would be 1,613,333. That’s only a 0.055974 % dilution. (5.6 shares per 10,000).

Below is Medinah’s Accounting Expenses for each year.

Note that 2018 is significantly lower than 2012-2016 !

For the Year Ending December 31; the accounting cost was;
2018 $2,420
2017 $150
2016 $11,812
2015 $13,102
2014 $15,781
2013 $27,350
2012 $42,331
2011 $6,428

With the huge disparities in the amounts, it makes me wonder if there was ‘padding’ (payola) to the accounting fees ? (read: LES, maybe JJ ?)

As far as I am aware, it’s all being handled. It is a slow process with a lot of back and forth between OTC and MDMN with forms, signatures, requests for more info, etc. It’s not a rubber stamp like it used to be. OTC said it would take 8+ weeks to complete. It started some time ago. There are hundreds of companies in this situation and OTC isn’t super fast.

Anyone thinking this and the distribution is easy and it all should be done faster doesn’t know what they’re talking about. You want to change how it’s going, buy enough stock for a controlling interest and have at it.

Re: the share price. I could not care less. Somebody started a pump and dump with this whole custodianship nonsense. Hundreds of millions of shares pushed this up. Some people exited. Now there are bag holders who know nothing about MDMN or AUMC. All they know is they “think” they might have liquidity problems and that there is no custodianship change. They are selling and there are no buyers.

Hint: MDMN is current with NV and (imo) demonstrated a path forward. Otherwise whoever was trying to takeover would have continued. They vacated because they no longer had concerns or knew they wouldn’t prevail. Don’t know which.

Meanwhile, I don’t lose sleep because I consider my MDMN as a sunk cost. I fully expect to get 1 share of AUMC for each 200 of MDMN at some point. I don’t look at the price of MDMN. I only consider how many AUMC shares I’ll get and look at the price of AUMC. Do that and you’ll feel a lot better.

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents (or 50,000 shares of MDMN!) LOL

11 Likes

Well Rod, when you consider the fees for just doing a “compilation” or an “engagement to prepare financial statements” (one which I think is would be the minimum requirement), there is no audit or review involved, and so yes that aspect of it is not worth tens of thousands of dollars, IF the client has the information together and is available to answer questions. But, when you add to that having to go back and forth with the OTC, I can see how that would be (1) frustrating, and (2) time-consuming, both of which can end up increasing the fee.

On another topic, I agree with Wizard that it does not matter what the share price of MDMN is at this point, as we are eventually going to receive our ratable portion of the AUMC shares which I think works out to about .005 shares minimum of AUMC per MDMN share owned. If you think we will NOT receive the AUMC shares, then you have to believe Maurizio wants to screw himself (not realistic). If our guys proceed with development of the mine, then the AUMC shares will have value, and lots of it. In fact, at the current price of AUMC, the LOWER MDMN goes, the more advantageous it is to buy MDMN over AUMC (my opinion - I’ve posted my math on this before). E*Trade shut down my ability to purchase MDMN, so I haven’t bought any more recently. Maybe our guys will get the OTC compliance issue satisfied in the near future.

1 Like

Fidelity, as I mentioned before, has treated things differently than other brokerages for several years regarding companies that have gone dark. Here is what was put out today in the way of a clarification.

Fidelity currently blocks buy orders and opening transactions in OTC securities classified as “Pink—No Information”, “Grey” and “Caveat Emptor” and will continue to do so. On or around September 25, 2021, orders to buy “Expert Market” securities will no longer be accepted. On the morning of September 27, 2021, any open Good 'Til Canceled (“GTC”) orders to buy “Expert Market” securities will be canceled.

Before September 28, 2021, you may submit requests to sell any impacted securities you hold based upon available market maker quotes.

On and after September 28, 2021, you may notice that pricing is no longer provided on the security, which may impact the market value of that security in your account. Any new orders to sell will be treated as Grey Market securities when sent for execution and will not be displayed. There may be difficulty or delays in processing your order, which could execute at a price that differs significantly from the last price provided.

For more information:

• Review the Stock Screener on the OTC Markets websiteOpens in a new window to identify whether you hold any “Pink—No Information”, “Grey”, “Caveat Emptor” and “Expert Market”. This information is subject to change.
  • Review the SEC’s press release
1 Like