Auryn/Medinah - 2021 - First Half General Discussion 🗓

Hey Madmen, I’m still hanging on to brecciaboy’s reminder that if MDMN was a fraud of a company then it would have been shorted out of existence long ago - and yet it’s still here.

Here doing what, I do not know - but here nonetheless.

Have a good one.

I still believe. Like T_Rick said; someone is accumulating this $tock.
But they have their work cut out for them
Hard rock, tunnel mining, is a slow process.
A lot of work to progress say 15 ft. Shoring up ceiling, drilling for charges, blast, evaluate blasted area/ and re shore it all… Move out debris, and Repet.
A small tunnel operation as what I think we have could get you 4 to 6 feet a charge/blast (if you don’t want to cave the tunnel in on top of itself.)
This area looks like unstable hard-rock do to shifting of earthquakes, fault lines and such. Slow and caution is the name of the game.
Adding to that is bringing all the old tunnel works up to safety standards.
The Spaniards and others did not do things uniformly back then.
If the ceiling held, you left it that way, wood for shoring did not grow on site like Rocky Mountains out west. It had to be brought up mountain.
So they used it sparingly. We can’t get by with that.
So I bet they have been doing mostly that this year. And the continuing of cleaning out water and mud.
They did not say if they were using any equipment inside the tunnels to haul out. ? That could be almost anything now days, motorized wheel barrows, ATVs, railways, skid loaders, conveyor belt system, humans and mules.
We are hoping for 40 tons a day. #1 ton= 2000lbs ?
A yard of average gravel is about 2800#lbs…
A average tandem axle dump T holds 15 tons of that gravel? We will be doing “pretty good” to be pulling out two such truck loads “A DAY” Ü
Very realistic projection. Go baby go… “Fire in the hole”

1 Like

Bubba. This stock was a fraud when Les was running the show and, while I don’t know if any shares are short, we do know for a fact that billions of shares were issued, resulting in all of our holding basically being wiped out.

CDCN/AUMC wasn’t abused to the same extent but you have a similar issue. At 50 cents and a market cap of ~$35M (as far as we know) the question becomes: how to you actually monetize what we all believe is a valuable asset. This opportunity would be more interesting to me if they did a cram down raise, wiped out the existing shareholders and started anew. I’d buy new shares in a clean shell that owned the assets.

This may be an inevitability as no equity financier will accept any price that isn’t at a significant discount to current prices (due to illiquidity). Most of the initiatives discussed here and by the company require a lot of $$$$. An extremely small scale production would be less dilutive but represents massive opportunity cost (read: years and years to grow into the current market cap when producing at that scale).

There aren’t any debt financing options as there is no defined resource nor collateral. A royalty could make sense but would also be extremely expensive given the stage of development.

IMO, any discussions on the value of the mountain are essentially meaningless to the value of what you own until the company tells us exactly how they plan to finance a path forward and, more importantly, actually line up the capital to do so.

“This opportunity would be more interesting to me if they did a cram down raise, wiped out the existing shareholders and started anew. I’d buy new shares in a clean shell that owned the assets.”

Yes by all means lets make this more interesting for Baldy so he can feel comfortable jumping in by wiping out all the existing shareholders. Go back into your hole.

7 Likes

You don’t post often but when you do it just takes my breath away. Yes they are starting at a small scale (it’s a start), if they need to grow they can issue some shares to raise capital 99.9 % of juniors this is what they do. Before issuing shares for capital they need to release a few PR’s so they can get the SP rolling that’s if they have the goods and judging from the pics from the Dom vein there is gold on the mountain. This is how juniors raise money. Knowing you I would expect a negative response, but go ahead Baldy tell us how it is!

4 Likes

The response is appreciated. I would encourage every MDMN/AUMC potential investor to let Hulk’s post marinate in the archives.

Here you go Baldy similar stock like AUMC, it was trading at .54 in 2018. Did they wipe out the shareholders and start clean?? No they started small just like Auryn.

5 Likes

Hi Wiz,

As always, thanks for all you’ve done and continue to do for Medinah. If the average ore grade at the Don Luis 1 Vein remains at 85 grams per tonne (2.7 ounces per tonne), it wouldn’t take that much ore to represent a 1-million-ounce deposit. If you zoom out and look at the entire vein system outlined to date from the Merlin 1 Vein (Caren Mine) to the west and the Fortuna Veins (including the Don Luis 1 Vein) to the east you can easily sense something pretty special going on there. The “plumbing system” that allowed the gold-bearing hydrothermal fluids and gases to ascend to the surface must have been very well-developed. The grades at the Merlin 1 Vein area (Caren Mine) well to the west of the Don Luis 1 Vein were also spectacular. The geoscientists have already determined that all of these veins are “related”. This means that they share certain textures, anatomy and types of silicification accompanying the gold i.e. chalcedonic quartz in this case. The implication is that they probably share a common underlying magma chamber with an average gold grade of “X”. The gold grade found in the precursor magma chamber can be increased/concentrated if favorable vertical strata are present that promote gold deposition.

A very thorough trenching program already revealed that over 5,000 meters of this vein system have made it all of the way to the CURRENT surface. The CURRENT surface is the original/paleosurface minus the overburden lost by erosion. The erosion process was very favorable here because the various vertical layers of the typical vein complex are all still intact. Oftentimes, in 100-million-year-old rock like this, the gold contents of the vein complex have been eroded and are gone. They’re sitting at the bottom of the mountain in placer deposits.

These insanely high grades suggest that this vein complex is sitting smack in the middle of a vertical “boiling zone”. This is an area of a vein complex in which gold bearing hydrothermal fluids and gases coming out of an underlying magma chamber are allowed to deposit their gold contents locally. The upward migrating gold is carried in conjunction with sulfur in things called “thiosulfate complexes”. The act of “boiling” provides the energy needed to break the bond between the gold and the sulfur which allows the gold to be emplaced in very high concentrations locally. It’s like a vertical sweet spot within a vein system where the conditions are favorable for sometimes very high-grade gold deposition. It would be very fortuitous if this vertical sweet spot was preserved from erosion and very extensive from west to east. The 5,000 meters of veins making their way all of the way to the CURRENT surface attests to this.

In these “boiling zones” the super-heated hydrothermal liquids and gases need to actually cool in order to “boil”. When rapid cooling occurs as it does in these zones, the type of quartz found in conjunction with the high-grade gold is often referred to as “chalcedonic quartz” or “milk quartz”. The cooling process happens so quickly that the quartz doesn’t have time to take on the typical crystalline structure you see in samples. This indeed is the type of quartz prevalent at the ADL where the high-grade gold is being found. It’s nice when the findings make geologic sense. What’s exciting is that these “boiling zones”, when present, can be 300 to 500 meters thick.

In order to assess the potential here, what you need to do is mentally integrate the density of the veins found in the trenching program with the vertical nature of “boiling zones”. Favorable erosion levels are very important especially in mineral economics. If Mother Nature already removed most of what once was “overburden” then that’s a good thing from a mining point of view. Another phenomenon we need to evaluate is whether or not this deposit is a typical “epithermal” deposit or more of a “mesothermal” deposit. “Epithermal” veins are near surface, they form at low temperatures and the individual veins are often fairly narrow. “Mesothermal” veins extend much deeper than “epithermal” veins. They form at higher temperatures and they actually tend to widen with depth. There are some vein outcroppings on the southern downslope off of the plateau which suggest that the potential for these being mesothermal veins is still on the table but by no means a certainty.

What is striking to me is the POTENTIAL ECONOMICS at play here. There are no guarantees. Worldwide, the average “all-in sustaining costs” (AISC) to produce an ounce of gold is about $907. The infrastructure present at the ADL, especially involving the access to power and water, is far superior to the average gold production facility. The ore we have is amenable to a 90%-plus recovery rate with simply gravity processes without the use of caustic chemicals. The ore present at the Don Luis Vein is unconsolidated enough to not even need blasting. I would assume that the cost to produce an ounce of gold here would be in the lowest quartile compared to other gold production facilities worldwide. The grades speak for themselves; they are insanely high at both the Don Luis 1 Vein and the Merlin 1 Vein/Caren Mine. Of these 5,000 meters of veins making it all of the way to the current surface, we know quite a bit about the grades present at the westernmost extent (the Caren Mine) and the easternmost extent (the Don Luis 1 Vein). The question is, can we assume that the grades in between the two are similar in nature. The vertical nature of “boiling zones” might suggest that we have a pretty good shot at it.

A recent update cited the plan to study the addition of an on-site ore crusher and a concentration plant. This would decrease the transportation charges on a per ounce produced basis since a highly concentrated ore could be shipped necessitating less truckloads for a given amount of production. The free-milling nature of the ore amenable to gravity concentration techniques and the lack of a need for blasting should uncomplicate the permitting process. Even at the meager 40 tonnes per day production rate anticipated for Q-1 of 2021 at just the Don Luis 1 Vein, with these grades this still represents gross production revenue of almost $1 million per week. I’m assuming that high-grade production from the Caren Mine will come on line in the not-too-distant future. Production rates should also increase naturally through time and also as the Covid-related restrictions are alleviated.

5 Likes

Hey Doc, What is your estimate on how many shares in AUMC & MDMN that JJ has and Les has (if any) ?

Thanks,
Rod

(from previous post Auryn/Medinah - 2021 - First Half General Discussion 🗓 - #245 by TheRod +

1 Like

Hi Rod,

I don’t really have much of a read on that situation. I believe that Les had to surrender his shares of all related companies as part of his deal. JJ sold his shares to Maurizio in a couple of different large blocks. The flip side of that coin is that I have a hunch that both of them have a pretty good idea of the bona fides of the mineral assets.

3 Likes

Doc, that was a great post !! It’s really appreciated and helps me realize why it is that I’m still in Medinah/Auryn after 20 years. A post like that is equal to a months worth of my morning coffee :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Quiet day on the trading side today compared to yesterday. Hope to see these financials soon!

1 Like

Yes, I show zero trades/volume for MDMN today on my Charles Schwab account after 8.5 million shares traded yesterday. Thoughts? Someone not day drinking today? LOL

2 Likes

:cricket::cricket::cricket: chirp-chirp-chirp

1 Like

AUMC Year end financials due tomorrow 3/31 correct? If so like to see more than a measly $27

1 Like

Aumc Financials out

1 Like

Nothing new there as far as I can tell. Hopefully this clears the way for another update for Q2 like the January update.

2 Likes

Not expecting that too much happened since the last update as Santiago area is in complete lockdown mode. Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

1 Like

They just went back into lockdown, but the company still had 3 months to get some things done. Sure would like to know what goals were reached if any. Nevertheless an update from Aumc would be nice.

3 Likes

NEWS: Progress being made.

https://aurynminingcorp.com/april-2021-shareholder-update/

4 Likes