Auryn/Medinah - 2022 - 1st Half General Discussion

Hi EZ,

My gut is that the current plan is to develop the LDM and Pegaso Nero conjointly probably via an open pit if the economics so indicate. Hoch is a premier underground vein developer. The LDM appears to be a near surface stratabound sedimentary copper deposit with some atypically high gold grades. Our next door neighbor to the south, the Lo Aguirre Mine, was just that as is the El Soldado to the north ofus. You might know these as “manto” deposits.

You can’t design the most efficient open pit design until after the PN and LDM are drilled out. If Hoch went in and did a bunch of underground operations at the LDM, SERNOGEOMIN might not like that when it came time to sign off on an open pit design and mine plan. North of us at either El Soldado or nearby El Salado they ran into this situation and permitting for an open pit was held up big time.

What they’re learning at the Antonino Adit will help them with planning out the PN/LDM and probably the Gordon diatreme breccia. Hoch may still have an option to be part of some kind of consortium to develop the LDM/PN. The LDM may or may not be economic as a stand-alone asset but it would probably be a lot more economic as part of an open pit/bulk mining project. I’ve been told in no uncertain terms that the LDM will shock all of us. Our hope would be an El Soldado type of deposit.

If the cash flow generated by the DL1 Vein project is anywhere near where I think it is going to be then Maurizio might want to advance the PN/LDM a bit before entering into a JV. There’s a lot of leverage involved in putting a million bucks or so into a project in order to “derisk” it for a major and perhaps increase the value 20-times the amount put in.

At the Antonino Adit, as of December 30, they had intersected 20 (twenty) new mineralized structures almost all of which we had no idea even existed. By now, 90 days later, who knows what that number is. We’ve all seen the photos. I’m not so sure that the option of open pitting all of these veins has been taken off of the table yet. In the photos, you can seethe outlines of various discrete structures, but you can also see large expanses of mineralized areas. Remember, we’re only about 100-meters below the plateau surface. That’s not a lot of overburden if it’s open pitable.

Unfortunately, the assays are taking forever unless management is waiting to present the results all at once which might be wise. The information being gathered will help create a block model which will help in deciding how to develop other areas of the ADL.

If the photos from the Auryn website “gallery” are trying to tell us that the Antonino Adit is sitting within a “supergene enrichment zone”(SGE zone) full of bornite, covellite and chalcocite as well as within a “boiling zone” with visible gold and chalcedonic/cryptocrystalline quartz, then Maurizio might be wise to let things play out there and keep a pen out of his hands when it comes to the PN/LDM. If an open pit ends up being feasible for the PN/LDM, then the calculus might change for the various other areas. For now, however, I’m figuring on underground mining at the DL1 Vein probably via “bench and fill” methodologies.

What I’m seeing is a whole bunch of “optionality”. How many of those 20 (or perhaps 30 by now) new mineralized structures in the Antonino Adit represent high-grade, near term production opportunities?

If you remember back to some of the early maps of the ADL, you might remember the maps showing the 6 or so main mesothermal veins in redon the eastern plateau. Surrounding the veins was this massive area of “argillic alteration” drawn in yellow. In areas it reached 200 meters in width. The Antonino Adit just taught us what’s underneath this yellow stuff just east of the DL1 Vein. It’s packed with mineralized veins, mineralized fissures, mineralized splays and ramifications, etc. It also has vast expanses of more generalized mineralization.

Does all of that yellow stuff on the maps have similar findings underneath it or was there something special about the yellow stuff over by the DL1 Vein? (a rhetorical question) Is it time to refer back to Perez’s hyperspectral satellite imaging survey and see where else on the ADL this yellow stuff is? Is it really a surprise that underneath all of this argillic alteration are a bunch of mineralized veins, fissures, faults, etc. ? No, not at all. It’s the same ore-bearing scalding hot hydrothermal fluids and gases that “altered” the surface granodiorite to argillic clays like kaolinite, illite and smectite that gives rise to mineralized veins, fissures, etc. For prospectors, whitish/yellowish “argillic alteration” at surface is the ”X marks the spot” place to concentrate your efforts. These structures form the “plumbing system” that brought up the hydrothermal fluids bearing the ore and altered the host rock. Converting granite to clay takes a lot of “upflow”. We shouldn’t forget that 91 million years isa long time for the provision of upflow. Of course, we had a “heads up” that these areas were likely “juiced”, maybe not to this extent, however.

We need to remember that at surface, the vegetation and soil hide the presence of veins. Trenching programs find some of them. If you drift an adit underneath the surface in fresh (nonweathered) rock, you can see what’s really going on in a much clearer fashion. If you went back to those early maps with the veins drawn in red and penciled in red the 20 or 30 new structures, the area in between the DL! And the Antonino Adit would be solid red. This is a “mesothermal vein SYSTEM” with 6 or so veins that made it to surface. We’ve been labeling these as “main veins”. One of the mineralized faults we just hit is over 6-times the width of the DL1 at surface. We don’t know which are the “main veins” yet. All we really know is that “SMFL” saw an outcropping of the DL1 and traced it out and averaged 64 gpt gold grades over30 years. The two widest veins found at surface that management refers to as “massive” because they exceeded 2-metersin width at surface, are located in the “Polverine” area just west of theintersection point with the DL1 Vein.

If all of that bluish rock believed to be bornite (an SGE indicating copper form with 63% Cu) does indeed indicate the existence of a “supergeneenrichment zone” then the question becomes how wide vertically is this zone and how wide laterally does it go. The average is over 200-meters vertically.

If a certain percentage of that SHINY YELLOW STUFF is indeed “visible gold” sitting in the midst of chalcedonic/cryptocrystalline quartz which we see plenty of, then the question is how wide vertically is this “boiling zone” which is where the highest-grade gold exists in any gold deposit. The range of widths of “boiling zones” is 50to 800 meters with an average of about 300-meters. Fingers crossed.

8 Likes

In retrospect (not very creative retrospect) It would have been a lot smarter for Maruzio to bulk mine that shiny material on his eternal version for the DL. The time to make that decision was in the three month period they had thought they found it. I would agree that there aren’t a lot of eyeballs on this investment but I don’t understand why the second finding of the DL is gong to have ANY additional binary impact ((from the last “discovery” (where the stock did nothing) beyond finally establishing some credibility.

Pictures are great but there is no economic explanation for AUMC to be digging out economic ore and stockpiling the stuff when they have a truck to haul the material AND there is on onsite lab at Enami. This “free loan” is starting to accrue at a healthy rate. I’d be curious to know if its secured.

If they were trying to establish a resource the lab delays would be relevant. They are not relevant here and (unless the conversation divulges into non-sensical what if for crypt rocket ships) and real question is why these mining efforts aren’t being subsidized through tolling…BB will claim its an elaborate strategy, TRswill tell you the DL vein in binary, etc, etc…but I’d love to hear an objective reason why the company can’t produce more than $30k in cash flow over the past years if they are bypassing and stockpiling valuable ore. I have some pretty good guesses but am interested in your point of view. Maurizio busy flirting with the majors who are crowding over these assets is par with Hulk’s investment strategy (investment in anything that can go up 100x independent of fundamentals and based on the latest astrological signs. But BB is kind of like Biden. He’s a very likeable guy who’s put in this time with MDMDN so you almost have to respect the “next chapter in his MDMN chapters” and chalk it up to a Daniel Silva turn pager.

Baldy,
Actually, you’ve never been interested in my point of view here which I’ve been very clear about.
You are only interested in some sort of grandstanding. Every time you decide to “just drop in” you laughably repeat yourself. :wink:

Baldy: I will take your recommendation on my participation on this board under advisement. I certainly don’t want to fall under the label as someone who has a singular point of view.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

…but I’d love to hear an objective reason why the company can’t produce more than $30k in cash flow over the past years if they are bypassing and stockpiling valuable ore.

BE, judging just by description of the time line it does seem strange. But my own interpretation of the circumstance from which I would answer is based upon the geometry described here: Auryn/Medinah - 2022 - 1st Half General Discussion - #133 by cornhuskergold

Since they are approaching the DL and the parallel / sub-parallel veins from a roughly 90 deg. angle (plus or minus) they essentially cut through or across these structures as they go and they are only sub-meter to 1m to 2m thick and then they are back into low grade or barren rock. Crossing or going “through” the structure does not produce much ore.

So at any point when they cross one of these structures, a decision must be taken either to take a “right turn” and start developing & mining, that is, abandon looking for the DL for now, or proceed forward once again through low grade / barren rock. Now in a operational mine they might do both. But when you are low budget and have one loader, which breaks, and one truck, and a minimum crew of miners, you must choose one or the other.

Obviously, they chose to keep pushing forward toward what they feel is a more “known” ultimate target and which they incorrectly supposed, at least up to the last update, was not much farther. So the combination of 1. the geometry of approach, 2. the limited equipment and people available, and 3. the mistaken assumption on where the DL would be at this level explain the very low amount of stockpiled ore, which I agree, is painfully low.

Maybe more important is the forward looking question: What will they do if they still haven’t struck the DL by this update? The reality is that something is very different than what they supposed at that point. Will they turn back to the previously crossed structures? How long will / can they keep up this operation under current terms and at what point will the business terms have to change? This set of circumstances can not persist forever. The summer is drawing to a close. This is an important update.

3 Likes

Notes to Medinah financial statements: March 29, 2022

@cornhuskergold - you and I see it mostly the same way, although I don’t put as much weight on this next update.

This is a thin crew with minimal resources. It is being privately funded, at risk, with one goal - hit the DL with the idea of making this bankable for all involved. Yes, they are discovering a lot of other opportunities along the way. However, with the current crew and equipment they cannot do both at the same time, i.e., mine 15-20gpt AU to make a small amount of money and drive through to the DL and cross into the promised land.

Management has made the strategic decision to drive forward to the DL vein where there are known grades, depth, and width. The belief is immediate cashflow from that can pay back the private funder relatively quickly. Also, there will be cash flow to scale the operation and choose the best targets that have been hit along the way, perhaps start a drill program at LDM, or any number of other opportunities.

By the way, that is what I mean by hitting the DL being a binary event. Once hit, it’s a new world for all of us. Also, I suggest that hitting it is not as illusive as some think. They are going straight towards it. They will hit it.

16 Likes

So AMNP is in the Golf business now, gold putters? Oops🤭

1 Like

I would generally agree with your explanations. Its important to be laser focused when on a shoe-string budget but I would think (guess) that the rock they are clearing should/could still be economic if some of the grades being discussed on this board are half accurate. Just load the truck. Yes, lots of waste rock comingled but…

I do appreciate the objective, grounded discussions vs. those that leap from AUMC trying to find the DL Vein to some of the nutty commentary speculating about mining 5 faces simultaneously. All while the majors are lining up to get involved while the one with front row seats (H) won’t even move forward unless AUMC raises money for additional drilling.

This has the potential of being a homerun (which is why I’m observing from the sidelines) but peeps need to understand that the co is years away from being able to even handicap the possibility of the potential here. Those who continuously fantasize and pontificate about blowing out the candles before the dough has been rolled are really doing their audience a major disservice.

This being said, there do seem to be a handful of investors who understand that this will take patience beyond the current bull market cycle in gold.

1 Like

although I don’t put as much weight on this next update

The reason I say it is important is:

1. Seasonally things will start to slow down (not stop) due to weather events etc. after this.
  2. Just because M. has funded this effort for quite some time via a non-interest loan, to be paid back from production, well beyond expected discovery date, that does not mean he is obligated to do so forever. Nor should he do so.
  3. If they have continued to extend the tunnel and they are say, 300m or more in and they still have not hit the DL, at some point you have to step back and say, OK, something is not as expected here. There is no evidence at this point that this has happened. I am just saying it as a matter of logical principle.

Presently I am inclined to think that if equipment allowed more tunnel progress in this Q, then they probably hit the DL and are awaiting confirmation or will announce it in this update. But the bottom line is, at some point, just saying, “a little bit farther” until you pop out the other side of the mountain does not make sense. And somewhere around 300m, 350m, 400m in they are obviously way past where they should have hit the DL if things were all oriented as expected and they should be approaching at least 300m if equipment allowed progress at all.

2 Likes

If you would of posted this on the GBR (Great Bear Resources) message board they would be laughing at you. By the way GBR was bought out by Kinross for 29.00/share. GBR rocketed from .85 to 18.00 within 6-7 months. According to KWN the current bull cycle will not end any time soon.

6 Likes

Comparing AUMC to GBR is almost (almost) as inappropriate to your earlier reference to Doge…I believe the laughing on the GBR message board (if one actually exists) would be directed on my posting anything on MDMN in the same context. Theminingplay is a very warm, forgiving blanket when compared to most of the other boards that seem to mandate some actual fundamental debate…there are obviously some exceptions!

Anyways there is no reasoning with you, you always want to be right so I won’t waste any more of my energy with you.

11 Likes

I’m surprised Baldy didn’t contest and deride this all important concluding statement on the Gold Bull market continuing for years.

Instead Baldy finds it necessary to make derisive and condescending comments on individual investors. Many of us have been here contributing insights and opinions for many many years. Baldy imagines himself as helping out everyone here, when it appears he is awaiting an opportunity to jump back in quietly if and when things are more to his liking. Choosing to pick personal attacks on his favor “peeps” does not make him a valuable contributer or admirable commentator here. Peeps are a favorite Easter candy to most of us here, and nothing more.

Most of us are already aware of the shortfalls of this company. It was wise of Baldy to find a way out using his tax loss selling to offset gains in a company such as GBR. Great Bear Resources was an exploratory company that admittedly fit Baldy’s profile for a company proving up a rich deposit defining it by extensive drilling. Personally I didn’t want to see Kinross take GBR out so soon, but the project will be very good for Kinross. I believe the point you were making hulkster is that GBR was brought to our attention by Elrac several years back (AUG 2018?) and some of us followed up and did very well. Best to put new money into projects that are doing everything right. Especially those of us holding Auryn and MDMN in retirement accounts where there is nothing to be gained by selling and moving on. Even if there is not extra investment funds available, many of us do just watch as progress is being made.This stock is still in a sock drawer for many of us for a very good reason. It will do very well if management is persistent in carrying out it’s goals to succeed, especially when working with a shoestring budget. Baldy is just another sour grapes Monday morning quarterback that constantly criticizes management and individuals. Other speculative penny stock companies expect the trolls that show up until the company reverses. You are wise to not waste any more of your time with Baldy’s predictably negative diatribes. GLTA of us still here! :slightly_smiling_face:
EZ

6 Likes

So you know better than Maurizio, correct? He apparently is not all that concerned with paying himself back as much as you are. He wants to hit the DL vein and then mobilize.

Is that Nutty? Hit the DL vein and then kick things into gear.

Agreed

7 Likes

AUMC Financials out

https://www.otcmarkets.com/otcapi/company/financial-report/325884/content

https://www.otcmarkets.com/otcapi/company/financial-report/325883/content

3 Likes

Easy, I genuinely hope your patience is rewarded in spades. I’m not sure why you are fixating on the tax profile/benefits of something I brought up several years ago. That ship has sailed and I can appreciate holding on to a lottery ticket in your IRA but, as you know, that has nothing to do with opportunity cost.

If Maurizio is willing to keep throwing money at this ($2.6M million as of 12/21) and there is finally some level of success on the mountain, it is my opinion that I will have pleeenty of time to establish a position around these levels. This thing ain’t moving on the price of gold nor fundamentals as most of the current shareholders are already all in and the general market doesn’t currently care. If the rocket takes off without me, enjoy the ride. I can live with missing the ride but I don’t think I could stomach buying at this (currently rich) level and incur further losses (good money after bad argument).

I think CHG brings up a valid point in answering my earlier question. He probably can’t afford any outcome that doesn’t involve hitting the DL as he does not have unlimited funds to personally bankroll this. Probably up to $3.5M+ now. That is a whole lotta money down in those parts.

As to personal attacks, I’ll try to remind myself that this board is more of support group that relies on the hopium of some posters vs. a forum to debate legitimate concerns.

Onward and upward.

1 Like

With an expense of $2.6M , trying to dig their way underground, a portion of the money should have been used to drill. How many short drill holes can be drilled for $2.6M , A LOT. Then at least they’d know exactly where the veins are headed, to reduce the huge expense of digging. 5 or 6 10-25 degrees (or shallower) from horizontal holes would have passed through every vein. Since they ‘knew’ roughly where the veins were, the length and number of drill holes could have been optimized to cover the most ground !

AT last some info about the Related Party expenses :

The Company holds a mining option contract with a related party. Pursuant to the agreement with that related party they would incur all expenses related to the exploration and exploitation of minerals. There will be no repayment of those expenses from Auryn Mining. When minerals are found and sold the profits will reimburse the related party for all expenses incurred before profits are shared with Auryn Mining. As of December 31, 2021, the related party has incurred approximately $2,585,000 of expenses. These funds will not be refunded or repaid by the Company and are not payables of the Company and have therefore been excluded from the income statement for the year ended December 31, 2021.

2 Likes

Hulk, I understand your enthusiasm, but one crucial note about GBR. They went through 2 stock consolidations Jun. 01, 2016| & Jul. 08, 2013. In total a 25 for 1 consolidation. So the final price of $28.15 would have been $1.126 w/o . This is even though they had some amazing drilling results during the price rise. Also the resulting share count was 58M. Unfortunately Medinah has 2.9 Billion shares or equivalent 16.1M AUMC shares. That’s a 181 to 1 reduction in MDMN shares (compared to GBR’s 25 to 1).

1 Like

Baldy, you said Maurizio cannot afford any other outcome besides the DL? Maurizio did find other high-grade veins worthy of exploring. And even if he hasn’t hit the DL as of yet, we already know it’s there and not disappearing any time soon. My only concern is that they might not find it before winter sets in.

Regardless, they will find it and the sp will begin climbing from that announcement. None of us are blind to the pitfalls and possible delays, Baldy. I doubt anyone here is addicted to ‘hopium’ either, especially not since the Les Price scandal. Although I have appreciated some of your past posts, lately your posts tend to be the opposite of ‘hopium.’ :grimacing: Whatever it is, it’s neither desired nor addictive. The tone of your attempts to enlighten us is abrasive & condescending; it appears to be exactly what you aim to do. We don’t need that, either.

You already admitted that you will pay substantially more to get back in once all possible doubt is dispelled. These are your opinions and speculation. But, I’m not sure why it’s so important for you to tell us that you may “miss the ride” based on your guesses. I doubt anyone will miss the sarcastic & cynical part of the sideshow you often present, IMHO.

7 Likes

I seem to remember MrBubba having a CPA background. Can you explain how a related party can enter into an agreement with AUMC where the related party holding the “mining option contract” gets paid out of AUMC profits but somehow there is a claim that AUMC is not repaying those expenses? Soooo, maybe their is a AUMC holding company sitting above the AUMC operating co that is paying back this loan?

In the January update the company clearly describes this obligation as debt which will be an encumbrance against production/profits:

“Initial cash flow from production will be used to pay off exploration debts

I’d like to understand on who’s balance sheet these payables exist? Its admittedly a great deal for shareholders with a zero coupon but it’s a direct liability against the asset if profits are going to be allocated to pay it back. No different from an industry standard forward contract or gold loan but with a related party and no interest. This would/should be recorded as a liability on any balance sheet and it’s not like the company is avoiding disclosing the quantum or that it exists.

What am I missing?