MDMN - 2016-02-01 Weekly Discussion

I scrounged up $250 to throw at CDCH a couple days ago, and I seem to be the only foolish soul to do so. Down 11%

Once Medinah moves sheā€™ll move

I added 100k @ .0094 two weeks ago, so youā€™re not the only foolish one. Maybe weā€™ll end up looking smart in the future. Canā€™t say Iā€™m feeling anything like that these days though.

Bill wasnā€™t interested in the last board Vince opened up for he, Bill and George to moderate, and yes got out of MDMN to get into MPIX, since, lots of water under bridgeā€¦ Vince and family still hold position in MDMN and Vince wanted all to know it ainā€™t ā€œshitā€ till PPS starts to moveā€¦

Andy, If the Cerro properties have indeed been sold to AMC I would assume that CDCH should move before MDMN does. Do pink stocks have to report material events within 3 days like other companies do? If that is the case then we should be hearing something soon.

[quote=ā€œBaldy, post:262, topic:836ā€]
Les has told dozens of shareholders that CDCH holders will be VERY pleased with the offerā€¦
[/quote]What??? You arenā€™t willing to wait another 10 Years! :wink:
I guess TR will be one of the few looking like a genius for his recent ā€œinvestmentā€ in CDCH.

I had over 3 million in profit when we were at .19 & .27. After Cerro had dropped over 50% to .12 and it was looking like large positions were dumping like there was no tomorrow, I decided to unload what I could of my 12 million share position. I was left with over 6.5 million Cerro and I didnā€™t sell one share of Medinah. I actually bought Medinah when it was rising all the way up to .16. So, after the value of both of my positions had gone red again, I had managed to make about $300k in profit from my Cerro salesā€¦ and then I put it all into MDMN as it dropped, lowering my cost basis to still over .10. I am currently over 350k in the red on my Cerro position and almost a million in the red on my Medinah position. Oh yeah, and along the way I slowly realized that the guys running the show that I had invested so much in were either highly incompetent or just compulsive liars. Or both. The sickeningly hilarious part of this is that I still am not entirely clear which it isā€¦or both, although I do have some clarity about some things.

There is no possible outcome for this investment, not even if we get $10 a share for both companies, that will make me look or feel anything but idiotic for my investment actions here. I know people wonā€™t like this but Iā€™m an honest guy. If I knew then what I know now I would treat both companies like the plague.

Fortunately, these properties are looking like they have some great potential. Letā€™s hope our management has the stuff to get us something for this truly agonizing journey that I will never, ever repeat again.

15 Likes

You had $3M PROFIT and you did not get out ???

1 Like

Like most of us, he knew what was in the mountain, but not what was in JJā€™s head!

8 Likes

And if you were at the 2012 SH meeting and shook hands with JJ, Larry and Greg you would never had doubted the investment. It was one big celebration and everyone was partying in their own way. The fact that Rich was able to survive, unlike many of the rest of us, is a testament to his ability to invest wisely in other things I venture to guess.

3 Likes

See below. To give one perspective on just how big this new Copper/moly deposit isā€¦basically all what you see in this picture from the bottom to the top encompasses the new deposit. Massiveā€¦and with the initial surface grades outstandingā€¦the value of this beast could be amazing.

8 Likes

Nice move in goldā€¦US $ still going down

I had more than $3M profit and took ten percent of that after a significant decline, yes. An expensive lesson for sure, but a lesson which is now well entrenched and has served me well in many other trades. Itā€™s probably the most valuable lesson an investor can learn and one that the majority of investors never get. Fortunately I still very much anticipate seeing a return, although perhaps not as sizable as the prior opportunity 5 years ago.

By the way, the reason I didnā€™t take the $3 million profit was because I made the terrible mistake of deciding that this would be the investment that was going to retire me. With 12 million shares of Cerro and 7 million shares of Medinah at the time, I was anticipating over 10 million in profits. So another lesson I learned is never to lock into a price/profit point. Take what the market gives you because itā€™s not often you and the market will see eye to eye. Making assumptions as an investor can put you out on the street. Fortunately, if I should lose everything on both investments Iā€™ll still be fine, but I may just go out and tattoo the word ā€œMORONā€ on my forhead. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have to do that though. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Summed up perfectly!

1 Like

I donā€™t invest anymore. I trade. The financial markets as they currently exist are very dangerous waters for unseasoned investors, and there are a lot of them.

2 Likes

IMO, I think gold will hit $1170 by Feb. 12. Thatā€™s a big resistance point. If we can break past $1170 then weā€™re on our way to $1230. If we close above $1230 then weā€™re probably looking
at a new bull market. By breaking thru approximately $1230, gold will be breaking a nearly 2
year bearish channel.

1 Like

Thanks Mike, as always, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Mike,John, Kevin, CGH or anybody in the know? Are there any rumours about when the CDCH merger details will be released?

PLEASE IT WAS ME HE TOLD THE STORY TOOO!! LOL just got off the phone with LES to see what was up. havenā€™t spoken to him in months

1 Like

What did he say? Anything worth posting? Please let us know. TIA