Auryn/Medinah - 2020 - 2nd Half General Discussion

Mike, DOC & CHG probably recall the context of some of the earlier work done on the ADL showing numerous “veinlets” that were mapped. It is what led many shareholders to believe that the surface trenching showing these veinlet structures on the surface and any ensuing depth exploration would surely be just a matter of time to exploitation. This mountain’s story has had far too many twists and turns the past 15-20 years. Going through the old posts and comments are the basis for the Never Ending Story of Auryn. Let’s see if this book can come to a conclusion so a new story rewarding all shareholders can begin!

There was a lot of work performed on the mountain early on. The question remains when is progress going to restart for the benefit of all current shareholders? We’ve been waiting in this holding pattern for far too long.

8 Likes

4th quarter about a week away, and still not 1 news release all year from these jokers as to what has been happening.

I sure hope all this silence is worth it

1 Like

MDMN The stock… I call my wife"…
Hard to get a straight answer from;… has been a pain in the ass for years; … has been a big tease the same amount of time;.looks pretty on the outside but can’t tell on the inside;…spent more money on her then I should have; … been with her far to long; . going to cost me more to leave her then to stay;… had some sisters that looked good for a while; …
I hated the friends she hung out with years back; and now her new friends aren’t shaping up any better…
… so … cheaper to keep her for now… Cs

4 Likes

Say Auran; as I remember, there was some copper in that mountain you own down there. If you chose to mine some of it, I bet these guys would buy some…

Copper Rises After Upbeat Chinese Economic Data; China accounts for roughly half of global copper demand, making its manufacturing sector a primary driver of prices

Today 3:14 PM ET Editor’s PicksPrint

By Amrith Ramkumar

Copper prices climbed Wednesday, advancing back toward a multiyear high hit in mid-September after data showed China’s economic recovery is gathering momentum.

Most actively traded copper futures for December delivery added 1.4% to $3.0325 a pound, moving back toward a recent peak of $3.116 hit on Sept. 18.

The industrial metal has risen about 8% for the year and recovered roughly 40% in the past six months following an early-year selloff . Prices tumbled after the Chinese economy shut early during the coronavirus crisis but have benefited with economic activity in the world’s biggest commodity consumer rising lately.

China accounts for roughly half of global copper demand, making its manufacturing sector a primary driver of prices. Copper is a key component of everything from electric vehicles to smartphones.

Figures Wednesday showed China’s official manufacturing purchasing managers index rose more than expected in September , the latest data point indicating an upbeat recovery in China after new coronavirus cases in the country generally stopped rising. A separate private gauge of manufacturing activity also pointed to a healthy rebound driven in part by government stimulus.

The steady pace of economic growth in China during its rebound contrasts with the slowdown some analysts expect to hit the U.S. and Europe, which are grappling with recent rises in coronavirus cases .

Copper’s close ties to China and manufacturing have helped the industrial metal outpace other commodities such as oil that have been hit harder by the pandemic and are more closely linked to global travel.

A Citigroup tool that tracks end uses of copper in China throughout various sectors like appliance makers is also showing robust demand, with the three-month average of the tracker now at its highest level since early in 2017. That highlights “China’s ‘V’ shaped recovery,” Citi analysts said in a note.

Traders will be monitoring economic activity in China during a coming eight-day holiday that begins Thursday. But some analysts also caution that prices for industrial metals could become more volatile because a key source of liquidity will be absent during the coming stretch. Overnight trading during Asian trading hours often sets the tone for the following day’s activity in London and New York.

2 Likes

Is there a place to download all of the porphyry pictures/slides as well as docs novels that will give us everything in a nutshell. Thanks

Hi JCN,
Here are a few links to good due dili resources on the ADL.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Downloads/

auryn-18dec15-151218175614.pdf

https://aurynminingcorp.com/auryn-mining-chile-spa-unveils-weighted-average-of-26-9-gt-gold-in-200-samples-bonanza-grades-of-up-to-66-5-gt-gold/

That first link should read:

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Downloads/auryn-18dec15-151218175614.pdf

or you can google “luciano bocanegra ADL powerpoint presentation”

JCN,

You might take notice of the 5 figures EZ recently posted. Here is a copy of a note that I haven’t posted yet that might help out your due dili.

Hi EZ,

Thanks for the 5 figures reviewing prior work done at the ADL. I think figures 1 and 5 are the key ones to focus in on. Figures 2, 3 and 4 review some of

the holes drilled by Auryn back when they were holding an option on the ADL. Those 3 figures basically show the successful extension of the gold zone

associated with the “Gordon breccia” which Medinah discovered and defined back around the year 2000 by drilling 18 holes. The earlier work done at the

Gordon breccia located in the center of the ADL informed us that something interesting had gone on there in regards to gold bearing hydrothermal fluids

migrating upwards from underlying magma chambers. The explosivity involved converted once solid rock into gravel which created spaces allowing these fluids

to percolate upwards, cool and then solidify the gravel into a “breccia”. A “breccia” is basically angular rock glued together by a much finer grained matrix

of cooled and solidified hydrothermal fluids.

The artisanal miners over the centuries that were exploiting the extremely high grade gold veins at the ADL did a lot of the heavy lifting from an

information providing point of view that today’s geoscientists took advantage of. The artisanal miners didn’t have the technical capabilities to put

together the entire ADL picture from a geologic point of view. They merely saw mineralized outcrops and chased them down. Although more drilling will

definitely be need to further define the assets, channel sampling of the adits drifted by the artisanal miners as well as those by Medinah, Nuoco and Auryn

provided a tremendous amount of information as to how to make a buck in exploiting these assets. The grades found in the epithermal/mesothermal(?) veins are

so high that it appears that management is turning full circle and taking over where the early miners left off at the Fortuna and Caren Mines and extending

their exploitation efforts.

EZ, in regards to your first figure: First of all, the pertinent information enclosed in simple geologic maps is huge but you need a little bit of

background knowledge of geology in order to access some of that information. For example, the “ocoitic andesite” colored green is an example of an "igneous

extrusive" rock type. “Igneous” means it was formed from the cooling of liquid magma. “Extrusive” refers to the fact that it was “extruded” onto the

surface through a volcanic vent. Most of us know this as “lava”. The granodiorite rock colored pink is an “igneous intrusive” type of rock. It was derived

from liquid magma but it only “intruded” upon the overlying rock and never made it to surface. The reason it is located at today’s surface is because of

“erosion”. Keep in mind that these “stratovolcanos” were once conical in shape. The erosion process took off the top of this particular mountain and left a

flat plateau which thankfully is a lot easier to work on than a steep downslope.

On the left side of the figure you can see how the “Merlin 1” vein crosses from the pink granodiorite into the green andesite. This means that the crack or

“fault” in the rock that got filled up with gold bearing hydrothermal fluids that later cooled and became a “vein” came AFTER the andesite and granodiorite

were laid down. The green andesitic rock was laid down in the “Lower Cretaceous” time period. The pink granodioritic rock is of an “upper cretaceous” age.

This means that the green andesitic rock is older and that it was “extruded” onto the surface BEFORE the pink granodioricic rock “intruded” into the rock

overlying the magma chamber it was derived from.

All of those dotted lines are what are referred to as “structural lineaments”. These are continuations of the faults which you can see from an aerial view.

No trenching or prior adit drifting has been done here so you can’t with 100% certainty say that the vein continues on within these “lineaments” but the

supposition is still there.

What’s striking about this figure is how much wider the yellow “argillic alteration” (made up of clays) is in the Fortuna Vein system than in the Merlin 1

Vein area. Since it is the extremely hot hydrothermal fluids that both carry the gold upwards towards surface and do the “altering” of the granodiorite rock

into clay this much alteration necessitated a well-functioning “plumbing system” to act as a conduit for this upwards fluid flow. This is a very good

thing. To a prospector, massive amounts of argillic alteration at surface functions as an “X marks the spot” type of indicator where to concentrate your

exploration efforts. From a geological point of view, this figure suggests that this eastern plateau region was very, very “busy” from a hydrothermal fluid

flow point of view. The grades found at both the Caren/Merlin area as well as at the Fortuna Mine area were pretty much off the charts. The density of the

vein pattern and the lineaments in the right hand side rectangle suggest that a low cost open pit approach might be possible but by no means a certainty.

These veins are extremely high grade but narrow, often measuring in between .5 and 1 meter in width. The Fortuna Mine was successfully exploited in between

1940 and 1970 when the POG was $35 per ounce but the cost of mining has gone up a lot since then. In Chile, the key to mining success is currently access to

WATER and POWER. The ADL is in very good shape in both regards. The proximity to Santiago and the relatively low elevation are also positives. Most of the

mining in Chile is being done at very high elevations in the Andes or in the Atacama Desert where water is scarce. In the high Andes, the indigenous people

have been competing with the miners for access to the water from seasonally melting glaciers. The government is siding with the indigenous people. In the

High Andes, miners have been resorting to pumping in water all of the way from the Pacific Ocean and building desalination plants.

Auryn’s trenching program identified over 5,000 meters of veins having made it all of the way to surface. This was an exceptional result.When you see a

nexus of veins this dense, the first question becomes just how deep might these veins go. Interestingly, vein outcroppings have been identified well down

the southern and northern downslopes off of the plateau lending some credence to the theory that these might be “mesothermal” veins instead of the typical

“epithermal” veins. “Mesothermal” veins not only extend downwards up to 1 to 1.5 Km in depth, they also tend to widen with depth. The parts of Chile cited

in Theresa Moreno’s “The Geology of Chile” famous for hosting “mesothermal” veins is the next door neighbor to the north i.e. the Colliguay Mining District

part of which (namely the Caballo Empressa Mine) Maurizio recently purchased as well as the Curacavi Mining District which borders the ADL to the west where

Hochschild has a JV relationship with Auryn in developing the Las Dos Marias Mining area. Hochschild is one of the premier underground mine developers

specializing in vein deposits.

In regards to your 5th figure, this shows the Merlin 1 Vein. You can see that including the vein already identified to date and the structural lineaments of

that vein, the figure shows a minimum of 1,000 meters of length and the fact that the vein is “open” (extends beyond) both to the north and south. The

figure shows the 3 main adits on the northern downslope off of the plateau. A fourth adit was later found in between adits #2 and #3. This new adit

featured “bonanza”
gold grades of up to 100 gpt gold. Due to the unconsolidated rock found there, it was unfortunately deemed not safe to directly produce from at this time.

The plan became to go after this ultra-rich vein through adit #3, the “Larrissa adit”. SERNAGEOMIN, however, mandated the construction of 3 separate

vertical safety/ventilation vertical “raises” prior to commencing production. Since the Larrissa adit exists at the 1,800 meters above sea level and the

plateau at 2,000 “masl” then this necessitated the construction of 3 separate approximately 200 meter tall “raises”, not an easy task. Recently, it appears

that Auryn management shifted gears and might be going after the Fortuna Mine first and working from east to west instead of the reverse as earlier

anticipated. This Fortuna Mine (known also as the “Los Amarillos Mine”) already has 7 different production levels. There are 156 meters of vertical shafts,

162 meters of of safety/ventilation chimneys and 535 meters of drifting and access levels. The mine has been successfully dewatered and the walls are being

rehabbed. In the last 3 years of production circa 1970, the average grade mined was 92 gpt gold. A more realistic figure given by one geoscientist was to

expect somewhere around a very respectable 17 to 20 gpt gold over an average width of about .5 meters.

With this density of veins found at surface, the obvious question becomes how deep might the average vein extend to. Luciano Bocanegra did a preliminary

estimate of ounces of gold contained in just 2 of the 5 main vein groups found at surface. He came up with 664,000 ounces of gold just in between the

surface and the 200 meter depth level. The IP/IR study of the area clearly shows the veins extending deeper than that. His calculation did not include the

gold held in various “bosses and plugs” that did not make it all of the way to surface.

1 Like

Thank you Doc.

Thanks. I did find that one last night after I posted on MP.

BB,

Thanks for that short note explaining the geology behind the figures I posted on early work done on the ADL. :slight_smile:

As most are aware, that work was done primarily by AURYN Mining Chile SpA. Results of their exploration was documented on their website and shared with MDMN, and to a lesser degree with CDCH. I can well remember your review and valuation of the Gordon Breccia located in the center of the ADL from years earlier. AURYN Mining Chile SpA rechecked drill results on the Gordon Pipe back in 2014.

AURYN Mining Chile SpA Drill Program – ADL Project - AURYN Mining Chile 8/15/18, (9:30 AM)

AURYN Mining Chile SpA Drill Program – ADL Project

October 28, 2014 @ 16:47

The Gordon Breccia has been tested by 18 drill holes that were completed in 1999 – 2000. The breccia trends approximately east – west along a fault that has off-set the approximately north – south trending contact between Lower Cretaceous andesite porphyry volcanics and an Upper Cretaceous granodiorite intrusive. The breccia is within the granodiorite intrusive in the hangingwall of the -60° south dipping fault and has been traced along strike by geophysics for aproximately 450 meters. The historical drilling was completed in an irregular pattern of 50 and 100 meter step outs along approximately 200 meters of strike length and to a maximum vertical depth of 375 meters.

AURYN Mining Chile SpA present drill program has three principal objectives:

• – To extend the size of the gold-rich upper portion of breccia.
  • – To test the copper-rich lower portion of the breccia.
  • – To follow it down-dip in search of a potential underlying porphyry copper – gold deposit.

This project has expanded greatly since those early days into a district size play.

It was Figures 2-4 that prompted me to ask Maurizio Cordova at the LV informational meeting a few years ago if it had been determined to create an open pit mine across these surface veins. Those trenches had been dug many years ago right on top of the deeper high-grade veins! The ADL geology has been found to be very complex, and much greater than the Gordon Pipe. There was some discussion on the use of gravitational concentrators that had led me to ask the question. The remarks on using concentrators was really about work being performed on Adit 3, where there was a permit to mine 5000 tons a month. Trucking concentrate to the mill would be ideal to save a bit on hauling material to the mill. As I recall, Mr. Cordova was non-committal in his answer stating no decision on the best exploitation method had been reached. Was there going to be an open pit on the ADL or underground mine at the Fortuna? I was quite naïve in thinking an open pit was an easy solution to just dig down to where the “good stuff” was obviously located.

CHG had posted a summary note from the 2016 Informational Meeting that said:

They have estimates, made in Jan 2016, of 664 KOz of gold in the top 200 meters of the Merlin 1 and Fortuna veins. Note these veins could go deeper than that. Also the grades experienced so far could very well not be average. So there are plenty of unknowns. They have three or four geologists’ opinions on what the veins will look like at depth. Some think they could go down to 1000m and if anything improve in size and perhaps even grade. Others think that they are not likely to go that deep and possibly not improve with depth. So Auryn will be doing some drilling just to test these ideas. But right now the 664 KOz is considered conservative. It assumes about 32 g / t. It assumes 200m of depth. And it only considers the two veins. There is considerable potential upside to that estimate and considerable positive data that has been collected since January. If all the variables turn out for the positive it could become a “world class” gold deposit - that’s without the PN, the LDM, the Gordon etc.

A side comment was made later by CHG, “They are not planning on doing lots of expensive drilling on the Merlin / Fortuna / Caren vein system to come up with complete resource / reserve numbers. This is typical of vein systems.” The Informational Meeting was very upbeat, but exploration progress would have to wait. Everything got delayed to straighten out legal matters and clear up the share mess.

So, what was the exploitation plan? An effort to refine a business plan considering development options of the entire project was needed. Management brought in a number of experts, but the clincher was when Mr. Cordova brought on Dr. Raymond Jannas in January 2017 for 6 months as a geological consultant, and after just 6 weeks brought on Dr. Richard Sillitoe to evaluate what Dr. Jannas had only started to look at. I can imagine “the WOW” of what was going on in Dr. Jannas’ head after he first started his District-wide Analysis! It was shortly thereafter debt and share restructuring was begun and completed into bringing all claims under the CDCH umbrella in a stock for property transaction. In August of 2018 Cerro Dorado Inc. (CDCH) announced it’s reverse split, name change to Auryn Mining Corp and symbol change to AUMC.

I truly appreciate the geology insight you provided, but what I was completely unaware of is the extent of previous mining and extent of work currently being performed to dewater the old Fortuna adits!

As you pointed out from Figure 1, the Caren mine may connect to the Fortuna Mine in the west-east direction through the Merlin 3 vein. Merlin 1, 2, 4 and the Fortuna veins run mostly parallel to each other in a NW to SE direction. These are all believed to be quite high-grade veins at depth and only hinted at by the multiple veinlets running mostly N-S orientation mapped out from the surface trenching. To what depth do the major high-grade vein structures run?

I’m guessing the expense of an open pit with processing facilities is beyond the presently available financing options available to AUMC. The original plan to mine the Larrisa Adit and Merlin 1 may still be in the works, while simultaneously mining from the east to see whichever of Fortuna’s several adits may connect with Merlin 3 in the west. Opening and mining the easiest high-grade adits may be the plan currently being worked out, along with all necessary permitting. Speculation, but will all be ready for mining underground high-grade adits before any AUMC free-trading share allocation is distributed to MDMN shareholders? This is a necessary step in paving the way to mount a vigorous promotion campaign to the benefit of all shareholders. I anticipate after sufficient money flow from the underground mining exploitation management will be taking into consideration a long range plan to develop an open pit operation. This plan would answer how to capture the surface veinlets’ gold to depth that would include the building of a mill. My shares are safely tucked away in my sock drawer for a while longer as the potential to see things come to fruition is still years away. Will we see any additional JV options or plays? Will Hochschild start in earnest to explore the LDM next year? We are all awaiting the day shareholders will be rewarded.

2 Likes

Today Oct 5, Auryn announced new relationship with Eastman.

Different Auryn

Ha, at Costco in the UK ,you can now by gold and silver when you get your food and gas. Who’d of thunk it!

3 Likes

We are still waiting for Auryn shares and for them to follow thru on anything that’s been said.
So far this is nothing new from past 20 plus years except different players.
I would love to be proven wrong but with these metal prices, there is no way the ADL shouldn’t be getting hard looks “IF” it has the mineralization we’ve been told.
It still blows my mind Les and Juan are free to walk and Juan’s son in law is now in charge
Bruno, Rocco and Sluggo need to take a trip to South America!!

6 Likes

Should we start placing bets that we don’t hear anything from these jokers by the end of the year?

2 Likes

Not sure when this was posted from Masglas website

MASGLAS is currently working into going public. We expect to finalize the process by the end of 2020.

Seems like Masglas has intentions of progressing. Where does that leave the forgotten red haired step children of MDMN and Auryn?

3 Likes

Interesting for sure. What 1st came to mind is that AURYN HOLDING CO (AHC) is key. Is MASGLAS able to qualify for the OTCQX? If so, what is the corporate structure and where does AUMC fit in? Would it be possible with AHC as majority share holder to control AUMC as a subsidiary.? Would there be a merge? Could some of MASGLAS asset holdings be sold and used to fund mining operations on the ADL? Just a few thoughts. Hmmm

Shareholders will just have to see how things play out. It could certainly be the catalyst for unresticting shares and a distribution of free trading AUMC shares to MDMN shareholders.

The Masglas website also states

Additionally, MASGLAS has several JV mining options and is the controlling owner of AURYN Mining Corporation, AUMC, whose sole asset is the prospective Alto de Lipangue Mining district.

Here is Masglas.com on Aug 5, 2020: https://web.archive.org/web/20200805035925/https://masglas.com/

It did not say that two months ago.

They also removed three projects formerly listed under “Peru”.

2 Likes