Auryn/Medinah - 2021 - First Half General Discussion 🗓

The bid and ask on MDMN are getting tighter these days.

Maybe something is FINALLY brewing? Heaven help us.

5 Likes

AUMC @ $.75 on small volume. Nice to see a little action again. Hope it gets exciting like it did 20 years ago. Lol

3 Likes

The end of the first quarter is just a few weeks away. I wonder how many of Auryn’s 1st quarter goals will be met? If they can meet goal #4, a much higher valuation for Medinah should materialize shortly especially if the grade is exceptional.

Q1 2021 – OBJECTIVES

• Start selling ore (mineral) to ENAMI for processing or smelting, permit pending and expected to be obtained within this period.

• Start new Fortuna Tunnel construction to improve access ability and size.

• Establish a camp with suitable service buildings, support infrastructure, and power suitable for new protocols related to COVID-19.

• Increase production, initially for this quarter, to a target level of 40 tons/day ore.

• Review and study the potential of a concentration plant at the mine site, including a mobile gold wash plant, vibrating screens for separation, and an ore crusher.

• Start a collaboration program with a prestigious Chilean university. Auryn Mining Corp is pleased to announce, in cooperation with Universidad San Sebastian, that their faculty members and alumni will be conducting field practices at the Altos de Lipangue property site. The goal is for their Civil, Geological, Mining and Environmental Engineering students to learn, study and analyze different topics related to mineral careers. Topics of focus: environment, safety, future expansion, engineering developments, metallurgy, mining, geotechnical, etc.

• Develop environmental campaigns with the local community to develop a clean adjacent area to the mine and remove historic waste from the zone. Repair and rebuild stone walls and other structures damaged by the passage of time and beautify the water ponds where local animals come to drink water. Reaffirm company commitment to develop inclusive mining practices, done in a safe and clean way.

6 Likes

Bout friggin time we are moving in the right direction!! My kids are 12 years old now. Bought when they weren’t even born!

13 Likes

It’s been a roller coaster.

3 Likes

Not really unless this is the largest dip roller coaster lol

4 Likes

I looked at the google map of the “Alto”. Sure looks like a lot of exploration work has been done on the surface. Would be nice to get an update from Auryn.

4 Likes

Do you have access to post the photos on this site?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t have the know how. But, you can google maps “Altos de Lipangue” , go to satellite view, and zoom in on the mountain. Northwest of Santiago. Enjoy

2 Likes

Thanks Hoopity! I went ahead and used my snipping tool

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Progress, I hope.

2 Likes

Is there any way to put those photos in context? When were they? Where are they? What did this area look like in the (recent or mid-distant or distant) past? Is there any particularly pertinent information to be gleaned from them?

– madmen

1 Like

Hi madmen! sorry I don’t have an exact date but looking at the date below it shows 2021 if that helps. As for the area I took a photo of the entire Alto region. I would let someone like Mike CHG or anyone else with more knowledge than me take it from there if they want to go into further detail.

1 Like

This is looking toward the north. That winding horseshoe shaped road is the path down from the plateau down the slope to the entrance adit on the north side of the mountain to the Caren mine which Auryn spoke about regularly up to a couple of years ago. This road that you see was mostly refreshed or built in the 2012 time frame. A little bit of it was done in the 2017 time frame. I do not spot any recent new activity.

The Fortuna mine is over toward the right side of the image where you see those lines going “NW to SE” in that image.

Most of the imagery on the ADL seems to still be from earlier 2020. Comparing older images I can not really spot anything obviously new since about 2017 or 2018.

3 Likes

So the photos still look to be from last year. Thank you CHG!

1 Like

In short, no one sees anything in these photos that would indicate that any sort of significant activity is about to take place in the area shown, and no significant activity has taken place here in at least two or three years – is that correct?

– madmen

1 Like

The picture above doesn’t look like the whole ADL. There are trenches and tailing piles I’ve not noticed before in the fuller pic. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking. Still, it would be nice to get some sort of update. :wink:

1 Like

Yep! Not much new work showing up on satellite pictures.
I won’t think there would be much by the description of their update and some of the pictures. One would come to the conclusion that a majority of the work was underground in the old tunnel systems. Out of site from satellite fly overs
Tunnels that needed to be de-mucked of sediment, then safety updates, and modifications just to get to where you can take wall samples… Any tunnel not updated in time gets unsafe real fast. Water brings mud and moister, which brings rot to shoring timbers, oxidization to electrical system (lighting), and oxidation to metals in general (fresh air venting and mechanical systems etc… That even happens to stable hard rock mining areas, like the Rocky Mountains.
But take it down in that Chile area, and you have softer (organic rock types) more prone to fracturing, add earthquakes to that" and it takes safety to a whole new level.
Fracturing brings water, which brings mud.
I’ve yet to see a tunnel system that drains out totally.
So our friends have been busy doing what is the most bang for their buck. Bringing these old mine shafts/ tunnels up to date. Even the newest tunnel mining done years back by the pear farmer, was only big enough to get a skidloader into it. Skidloader bucket load by bucket load, does not add up to much showing outside the tunnels. One looks for progress by new tailing, trails, down the mountain side from the entrances.
Good ore is stock piled to be trucked out latter, mud and questionable overburden goes into road bases, or off the side of the mountain for now. It’s slow labour intensive work.
Work that can be done on a shoestring budget, by anybody with good common sense and work skills. A extra is to not be afraid to be buried alive.
We do this to get target ore samples off floors, walls, and ceilings of these tunnels. Kind of like a drill sample on a horizontal plane.
They are taking samples from a area where there WAS something to mine out" in the first place.
Drilling up topside, is like playing a expensive game of BattleShip. "Drill $$ till you find $omthing.
Sampling old tunnels help you locate places to drill out latter.
“Prospecting”. A lot like deer hunting. You do better to seek target rich areas, to leverage your kill possibilites. Over random walking about hoping to hit the mother load.

My hat goes off to these guys doing this work. It’s a tortoise vs the hare race for now. Speed will come when needed and not before. P.S. It wouldn’t hürt to see a few wall samples.

Cold Snow......
5 Likes