Auryn/Medinah - 2021 - First Half General Discussion 🗓

https://theminingplay.com/uploads/db1184/original/2X/6/66c729f361d5c8c1de5d81ddc62fb6dab3bfe06f.jpeg
Here you go you arm chair miners. Hopefully the link here is of the close up picture from DoneDeals pictures.
“WHY WAS THIS AREA” a good area to tunnel into the mountain?? Look at the tailings on the mountain side?
You might not be seeing the elephant for the bird on its back.

1 Like

The untrained eye goes to the end of the road, to the mine tunnel entrance, and the fresh tailings fanning out down the mountainside. Good so far! But did you see why ?
Look at ALL THOSE OLD tailings in that ravine. Those came from surface mining out of the ore rich veins around the ravine. The steepness of those cuts do not compare to the areas around. The little ants! Spaniards and their slaves blasted and pick and shoveled all that rubble off those slopes.
A Massive undertaking. When the veins ran out, they went underground. They were going for visible gold and the rock surrounding the ore vein. I would bet that rubble field is still ore rich. And that is how" you prospect by satellite.

The Snows Still Cold.
2 Likes

This is a different view of the same area shown in images posted by DD. The image captures the the 3 adit entrances to the Caren Mine. There is a great deal of information captured in this 3D view; previous work was performed on adit 3 where the Larissa vein was discovered. It is essentially showing what was described in the Nov 15, 2016 notification:

As previously disclosed at the AURYN Informational Meeting, production mining operations began the end of September with AURYN submitting the appropriate filings upon reaching the main vein on level 3 of the Merlin 1 vein.

Further details of work in this area were provided in the January 30, 2017 notification prior to management having to address the legal consequences arising from a misrepresented share count. Reorganization followed over the past several years. The images are not of the Fortuna mine which is located outside the frames of the the images recently presented. There are no recent images of the Fortuna mine area and it would be difficult to show the type of work being done there if recent images were available. CHG and MG commented earlier, but the focus of all reported current work is on the other side of the ADL, not the Caren mine.

1 Like

Just checked the Hochschild website 8/19/20 Interim results. No mention of our joint venture agreement anywhere. So, assume that 2+ years into the agreement they have done nothing worthy of a mention, if the agreement is still in place.

2 Likes

A simple question to the company would be is the Hochschild JV deal still on? Yes or No

2 Likes

Here is a little bit closer in diagram of the same area looking toward the south , nearly horizontally, at an elevation just above the plateau. The road that starts at the top and comes back into view at the bottom is that “horse shoe” path mentioned in earlier posts. the ovals on the top are the tracement of the merlin vein on the top surface of the plateau. I made this diagram back in 2017. But as EM said, this is not the area of the current activity:

3 Likes

Here’s another old overview diagram. The top row shows the old claim maps colored as per who controlled what before everything became consolidated under Auryn. Now all these claims and more and controlled by Auryn via control of AurynMiningCorp. But the diagram is still useful in terms of an overview of what is where. This diagram is a “satellite down” view upon the top of the plateau. North is top of the diagrams.

You can see Fortuna is toward the east of the set of claims. There are some nice diagrams, even if hand drawn, in the Fortuna report MG posted a while ago here, which show the internal levels and structure fo the Fortuna mine as it existed when the report was made in the 1990s, and presumably mostly still accurate.

4 Likes

A couple big bids sitting at .404 totaling about $75,000. Looks promising!

Huh? For MDMN?

I wish! No that’s for Aumc

Gotcha. Nice to see AUMC close at .95 today. Thank you!

3 Likes

AUMC riding at 95 cents actually had me fully recouped on my CDCH. I did have the luck to purchase additional AUMC between .18 and .25 last year but still was nice to see green for a day instead of RED RED RED.

4 Likes

You’re doing alright. I don’t get green until the shares are $3.70 Sheesh!

1 Like

Here’s a question for the geology and mining and MDMN experts on this board.

For something like six months, maybe more, here in the San Francisco Bay Area we’ve had a pandemic of catalytic converter thefts (probably every elsewhere, too).

Google identifies the valuable metals in catalytic converters as platinum, palladium, and rhodium. News reports say prices of these have skyrocketed lately, hence the theft pandemic.

Anyone know if any of those have been detected on our dear Mountain?

– madmen

1 Like

I haven’t heard of any catalytic converters stolen on the mountain. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m in automotive for a major OEM. We had to raise prices on Cat Converters from $300 to $3000 bc folks were ordering 100’s of them for the rhodium and palladium arbitrage. fascinating…

1 Like

Somebody is hungry this morning!

Must think the announcement of AUMC shares distribution to MDMN stockholders is eminent.

1 Like

or even “imminent”

1 Like

I hope whoever is playing with the bid and ask has a very large short position and gets their asses burned!

4 Likes