Auryn/Medinah - 2022 - 1st Half General Discussion

There is no broker out there that will take certs from a penny stock and put them into any account that I have been able to find for over the last ten years. I took all of my Cerro and MDNH and put them into certs from the advise of one of the posters here and was lucky to find that Scott Trade would take them, but not Schwab where I purchsed them. Shortly after that Scott stopped taking any more and I and other still have some. If you have information on a broker that will take them, let us know.

4 Likes

A little buying all on the Ask for AUMC today. Bid at $1.01

The DL vein was very close in December and now in March still have not hit the vein

AUMC said they would make an announcement when they hit ithe DL and no news yet. I hope the replacement scoops did not break. Just frustrated that it is going so slow. Hoping they hit the DL vein allready and just holding news back for the 2nd quarter announcement

All indications are that they will make a separate announcement, so i doubt that is what happened.

3 Likes

Davis, the good news is they seem to have hit SOOOOO much in the process of finding the actual DL vein that we’re likely to be in production for years to come. But I do believe that once they have confirmed location of the DL vein they will announce it - that’s what they SAID they would do, and I trust them. I think labs are backed up, and this may be the delay?

6 Likes

The last three years the annual report has been released at the end of the month. March 31 is exactly two weeks from today. I’m wondering what new information may be revealed …

4 Likes

A buddy of mine, a senior exploration manager for a North American mining company in Chile today informed me that the turnaround time with ALS is around 6 weeks.

5 Likes

I know everyone is focus on Gold , but I thought this might be interesting:

To build just one electric vehicle (EV) engine requires 183 pounds of copper. Compare that to just 18 pounds required in a gas-powered car. That’s 10 TIMES more copper. EVs are expected to increase 1,400% by 2030. More sources of copper are desperately needed to keep up with demand

9 Likes

That should keep Maurizio and Masglas happy for a while! :wink:

3 Likes

Anyone check out the Masglas website lately?
It has pulled back considerably on information.
It is behind schedule, due to impediments imposed by the pandemic restrictions.
For example:

MASGLAS is currently working into going public. We expect to finalize the process by the end of 2020.

Masglas has also reduced all it’s previously visible posted descriptions of it’s properties, but descriptions are available by clicking on the links on it’s home page. The site appears much reduced in promoting what it is doing. In November of 2017 Masglas announced an agreement to acquire the Araya Breccia copper project copper project for US$100,000 in cash. In July of 2019 Revelo and Masglas agreed to allow Masglas an immediate 100% ownership in the Los Azules copper project located in northern Chile US$250,000 cash (reduced from $500,000) payment, with Revelo’s 2% NSR royalty remaining in place. In May of 2020 Masglas announced:

MASGLAS, through its subsidiary, MASGLAS America Corporation, has exercised its first right of refusal option, and has acquired from Revelo Resources, 2 Royalty interest in MASGLAS America Corporation’s 100% owned projects Q’Inti and Los Azules.

Masglas is apparently moving forward on it’s projects and assets under it’s management team. I include:

In FY2017, AMNP U.S. purchased the Fortuna, Llano, Mali and Poseidon claims from MASGLAS. As a result, currently AMNP owns the Caren and Pangue placer property claims, and the Fortuna, Llano, Mali and Poseidon claims.

Note: (FORTUNA)

Will Masglas finalize it’s aspirations to become a public company with this increased need for copper in the developing ev market? Does any of this influence how quickly AUMC proceeds to monetize the ADL properties?

3 Likes

My question is, what happened to the 2 billion dollars of gold-copper-silver reserves “blocked out” by the Gordon pipe drilling? Dr. DeCosta posted following on Feb 2011:
8) In regards to Medinah specifically, the most under-appreciated fact is probably how little of that mountain has been touched by modern diagnostic technologies. When Geodatos, S.A. did the induced polarization (“IP”) study Medinah had very little money and their share price had already been under attack. They did a very modest study at the Gordon Pipe area and an ultra-modest one over at Las Dos Marias. ACA Howe was critical of what cheapskates Medinah was but they knew nothing about the dilutional effect of raising tons of money at share price levels that had been torpedoed. Despite the meager IP study Gordon still (almost blindly) hit mineralization on an almost unheard of 14 of 18 holes at the Gordon Pipe. At the Las Dos Marias deposit ACA Howe and he hit between one and two meters of 454 grams per tonne at the 68-meter level.
9) When modern technology is let loose on that mountain the Gordon Pipe might end up being one of the lesser important intrusives that shouldn’t have been targeted. The hyper-spectral satellite imaging study revealed “a dozen” intrusives as well as a copper/gold and a copper/moly porphyry. Modern geophysical technologies can yield results that can be overlain on the satellite studies to locate and exploit those other intrusives.
10) All of those impressive thousands of meters of tunnels that have been drifted at Lipangue were done by either by the conquistadores a gazillion years ago or by artisanal “perqueneros” (picture Juan Valdez of Folgers fame and his donkey). The refuse discards in the form of “tailings” piles on site average 5 grams per tonne of gold. One gram of gold is economic in most porphyry environments.
11) In essence, neither Medinah nor any JV partner probably have a clue as to the size or richness of this deposit. What they do know is that 14 holes almost blindly drilled at the Gordon Pipe blocked out over $2 billion worth of gold, copper and silver and that the pipe continues onwards dipping in a southerly and easterly direction. We also know that the Fortuna Mine historically averaged production of over 63 grams per tonne in their barely touched (as per ACA Howe) epithermal vein system.

6 Likes

Hi OG,

First of all, we can’t use the term “reserve” until an exhaustive amount of studies determine that the ore is “economically mineable”. The role of the Gordon Breccia was that it was the first new discovery made at the ADL. There had already been mining activities at the Fortuna Mine, the Caren Mine which was brought into the fold by Maurizio, the LDM Mine, the “intrusive breccia” down by the Pegaso Nero, the placer workings up on the plateau, the “moly breccia”, etc. Gordon knew that “breccias” tend to occur in clusters within hydrothermal systems.

The combination of the Gordon bx discovery and the C.S. Perez hyperspectral satellite imaging survey as well as the previous mining efforts told us that we have a “hydrothermal system”. Perez identified a “7 Km swath of about a dozen intrusives” that stretched from SW to NE across the plateau and its southern downslope. He cited the presence of “hundreds of millions of tonnes” of ore just within the top 200 meters of the deposit.

Let’s use the figure 300 million tonnes. $1 billion worth of ore would be present if each tonne was worth $3.33. One of the recent samples in the Antonino Adit came in at 15.8 gpt gold, 47 gpt silver and 5.3% Cu. This represents $1,620 per tonne ore. This is 500-times that needed to average for $1 billion worth of ore. Usually, I would say don’t worry too much about the “in situ” value of a bunch of ore in a gold-copper deposit. More importantly is the economics of extracting that ore. But recently, with copper having recently doubled in price and appearing to be in demand like at no other time in history and gold hanging out at near $2,000 per ounce, I’m concentrating more on the “supply” of new gold-copper discoveries. There pretty much isn’t any “supply” of these.

Maurizio’s crew did a good job and extended the surface footprint of the Gordon bx to the south and east. Luciano Bocanegra, who has written extensively on “mineral vectoring” determined that the ore in the Gordon bx was “vectoring” towards the Pegaso Nero. Any mining project designed to exploit the ore within the PN will probably include the Gordon bx and most likely will involve open pit mining. The CAPEX on a project like this is going to be huge and Maurizio has already stated that this will probably be exploited by a major or consortium of majors with Auryn/Medinah ending up with a free-ride and an NSR.

Maurizio came along and decided to go after “high-grade, near surface, early production opportunities”. The Caren Mine/Merlin 1 Vein was the initial target and they found all kinds of goodies within that system. SERNAGEOMIN mandated that they put in 3 separate “chimneys/ventilation raises” prior to going into production. Three separate 140-meter tall “chimneys” was a very expensive endeavor.

The Fortuna Mine already had 5 “chimneys/ventilation raises” in place and 7 separate shafts each of about 25 meters in height. The mine needed de-watering and a lot of refurbishing. This became the go to project in order to initiate cash flow without dilution. The Caren Mine/Merlin 1 Vein is still an outstanding asset and it will be developed but probably not until after the Antonino Adit goes into production. What I’m interested in witnessing is how the findings within the Antonino Adit might provide the catalyst needed to bring a major or consortium of majors to the table for exploiting the Pegaso Nero. These “supergene enrichment” (SGE) zones that it appears that the Antonino Adit has intercepted can be vertically quite extensive especially in older rock like the 91-million-year-old rock at the ADL. This is because due to vertical uplifting from below as well as erosion from above, the water tables over this amount of time has been all over the place and this is where that super high-grade ore piles up.

9 Likes

I like this part of what Brecciaboy just said. These are HUGE numbers for us if things work out.

"Let’s use the figure 300 million tonnes. $1 billion worth of ore would be present if each tonne was worth $3.33. One of the recent samples in the Antonino Adit came in at 15.8 gpt gold, 47 gpt silver and 5.3% Cu. This represents $1,620 per tonne ore. This is 500-times that needed to average for $1 billion worth of ore."

6 Likes

Bid on AUMC is $1.00.

judgedb

3h

Bid on AUMC is $1.00

And the weird part I always find with bids & asks is that in this case the ASK is $1.01 ! So unless one of them is for too small a volume, why doesn’t one of them move ?

Rod

10 years ago, 20 years ago…its always exciting to read about the monstrous numbers contained in the mountain…last week I was pitched on a rare earth deposit with $50 billion in estimated resources…the owners paid $100k for the 5,000 hectares covering the deposits…ore in the ground isn’t worth anything until it’s proven up as a resource/reserve or mined profitably, and consistently. These guys have found and lost the DL vein over however many months. Always nice to avoid the “dilution” of a drill/mine plan until/unless you can’t find the stuff to mine.

We all “know” that they blocked out billions of dollars of ore…yet the truck has made two trips…doesn’t make much sense to this layman.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Great song!

1 Like

A negative posters posts and pps goes down on $33 trade. Coincidence? Hmmm

1 Like

All fixed. Next time you do it.