Auryn/Medinah - 2023 1st Half General Discussion

EZ copied me on the linked-to article below on what’s new in VEIN MINING. This is from the ENGINEERING AND MINING JOURNAL (E and MJ). Here’s the link:

Narrow Vein Mining Fit for the Future | E & MJ (e-mj.com)

I’ve found myself in a bit of a defensive posture since I recently opined that Auryn might be able to MATCH (not exceed) the SHIPPING GRADES that the artisanal miners at the DL2 Vein achieved when they produced 2,000 tonnes at an average SHIPPING GRADE of 64 gpt gold. The SHIPPING GRADE is composed of the DL2 VEIN GRADE less the DILUTION caused by the necessary mining and shipping of some of the less well-mineralized wall rock. These accomplishments of the artisanal miners occurred in between 1940 and 1970 utilizing the mining technology available at the time. Apparently, the only “beneficiation” methodologies used, except for those outlined below, was visual sorting.

The ore from the DL2 Vein has at least somewhat of a track record for being amenable to “beneficiation/concentrating” methodologies. The artisanal miners experimented with a 4-cell “flotation” circuit and this got their average SHIPPING GRADE up to 92 gpt gold. Later they deployed an unidentified beneficiation methodology (probably gravimetric concentration) that got their SHIPPING GRADE up to 102.7 gpt gold. Many years later, Auryn experimented with the Sepro/Falconer gravity concentration system and had excellent results with the system recovering over 90% of “even the fines”. I believe we’re close enough to receiving the results of the gravimetric methodologies being deployed at the 2 labs in Peru that the prudent move might be to patiently await those results.

The problem the artisanal miners at the DL2 Vein had was in recovering the very small particles of gold called the “fines”. Approximately 50% of the ore they were processing had “fines”. Their recovery rates were so bad that their tailings/discards still ran at 14 gpt gold over and above the 64 gpt gold ore that was shipped. As far as a benchmark, the average grade of gold being mined today is 4.15 gpt gold and it is dropping at a rate of 6% per year. As one might expect, miners have a tendency to go after the highest-grade gold ore first, a process referred to as “high-grading”, and leave the lesser grade ore for later. This is WHY the “head grade” of gold ore being mined worldwide is dropping by 6% per year. Next year, the average gold grade expecting to be mined worldwide is expected to have a “3gpt-handle”.

Today’s “GRAVIMETRIC PLANTS” can recover even “ultra-fine” gold measuring 50 microns, which is the average width of a human hair. A “micron” is one-millionth of a meter.

The last shipment of gold mined by the artisanal miners at the DL2 Vein was shipped 53 years ago when the price of gold was $35 per ounce. Producing only 2,000 tonnes over the course of 30 years (about 5.5 tonnes per month) tells us that this was a “mom and pop” type of operation probably with minimal mechanization. This has NOTHING to do with the production rate to be expected from Auryn.

The recovery rates of the gold by the artisanal miners was pathetic, yet they still averaged a SHIPPING GRADE of 64 gpt gold. This does have something to do with the SHIPPING GRADES to be expected by Auryn which is recommencing production from the very same site that the artisanal miners ceased operations at 53 years ago.

If the grades of this vein were so high, then why did the artisanal miners cease operations in the first place? The grades were indeed exceptional but the price of gold was only $35 at the time, so the ECONOMICS were good but not stellar partly because of the low production rates.

When Pinochet came to power in Chile shortly after 1970, he started “nationalizing”/stealing the mines from the smaller producers and gifting them to the people that brought him into power as the new dictator. The owners of the DL2 Vein, then called the Fortuna Centro Vein, dynamited all of the adit entrances in order to conceal the mine. His reign lasted 17 years.

After Pinochet’s reign, the mine changed hands a couple of times but nobody was able to consolidate the nearby mining concessions into one ownership and advance the development of the ADL Mining District. Maurizio came onto the scene and successfully merged the concessions he had already purchased with those of Medinah Minerals and Cerro Dorado. Today the ADL Mining District is composed of about 10,500 hectares with a hectare equating to about 2.5 acres.

In the interim timeframe between 1970 and today, the price of gold has gone up 57-fold but the stellar gold grades obviously didn’t change. Theoretically, in the absence of the Pinochet coup, all of the 6 main veins at the ADL Mining District should have been mined out by now but in reality only about 4% of the DL2 Vein has been mined.

This linked-to article should provide us with a sense of humility because today’s narrow vein underground mining techniques are complex and they have advanced markedly over the years.

A line that caught my attention cited: ”The low waste, small footprint ethos of narrow vein mining aligns perfectly with the environmental, social and governance (ESG) conscious direction in which the mining sector is heading.”

I think we need to face the facts that the ESG movement in mining, especially in Chile with Marcela Hernando at the helm as the MINISTER OF MINING, is the way of the future. Narrow vein miners have a distinct advantage over the much larger open pit miners when it comes to following the ESG protocols.

The equipment available to the narrow vein miners is now much more compact. This reduces the DILUTION RATES associated with the need to mine some of the wall rock located on either side of the vein proper. There is constantly a trade-off in vein mining between minimizing DILUTION and having an adit wide enough to allow the passage of more powerful equipment.

Another sentence that caught my attention cites: “There has also been a quantum leap in mine design software in a relatively short space of time which, from the engineer’s perspective, has made designing narrow vein operations and orebody modelling infinitely easier and faster.”

I can’t provide you with any hard and fast predictions as to what SHIPPING GRADES Auryn is about to average after on-site beneficiation probably via a GRAVIMETRIC PLANT if Auryn ends up doing business with the “INTERNATIONAL MINERALS TRADER”.

What I do know is that the artisanal miners being able to average a SHIPPING GRADE (VEIN GRADE plus the negative effects of DILUTION) of 64 gpt is pretty extraordinary especially when mining up higher in the vein structure where grades are typically low in these MESOTHERMAL VEINS.

Most narrow grade vein deposits are situated in EPITHERMAL VEINS. MESOTHERMAL VEINS, like those at the ADL Mining District, form lower in the earth’s crust where PRESSURES and TEMPERATURES are much higher. They have a tendency to be of a much higher average grade than those encountered in the much more common EPITHERMAL VEINS. The “Meso’s” are famous for CONTINUITY to great depths and for “telescoping” out of porphyry deposits. The DL2 Vein can be traced downwards on the downslope off of the ADL plateau to an outcropping 700-meters below the plateau. They are also known for BOTH INCREASING GRADES and INCREASING WIDTHS with depth.

Below is a link to an article on VEIN DEPOSITS that describes the differences between EPITHERMAL VEINS and MESOTHERMAL VEINS.

VEIN DEPOSITS (earthsci.org)

In the “MESOTHERMAL TYPE CHARACTERISTICS” section of the article, you can see the blue-colored “ADVANCED ARGILLIC ALTERATION” which we see at surface in the area of the DL2 Vein. It is colored yellow in the Auryn Power Point presentation.

The MESOTHERMAL VEINS are depicted in the olive color. Towards the bottom of the picture you see the “FLUID-SATURATED CARAPACE”. The “carapace” is the roof of the magma chamber from which the metal-bearing hydrothermal fluids and gases escaped and migrated upwards to fill the cracks and the faults within the overlying rock structure. When these fluids cooled and crystallized these cracks then became “ORE-BEARING VEINS”.

When you read about the drifting of the Antonino Adit, you’ll recall how the miners encountered several hundreds of meters of solid ALTERATION as well as the appearance of copper which was not encountered in the higher levels mined by the artisanal miners.

Note on the left-hand side of the drawing just above the “FLUID-SATURATED CARAPACE” how it says “K-SILICATE ALTERATION CU-BEARING”. This lines up nicely with the level of the Antonino Adit where the copper in the form of blue-colored BORNITE started appearing. You might remember how Maurizio hustled up to the mountain and did a taped-interview inside the Antonino Adit where all of a sudden the adit walls turned blue.

In these types of deposits, after everything had cooled the “carapace/roof” of the magma chamber and the area immediately above it, can become what is called a “porphyry deposit”. You might remember when Auryn did their “ridge crest sampling program” on the southern downslope off of the plateau, they discovered 2 anomalies within a 3,600 meter expanse. They called the upper one the “MOLY ANOMALY” and the lower one the “COPPER ANOMALY”.

In porphyry deposits, MOLY (molybdenum) occurs near the “carapace/roof” of the relict magma chamber accompanied by K-silicate. I think you can see how nicely the “Sillitoe porphyry model” fits here with the MESOTHERMAL VEINS “telescoping” out of the porphyry structure. London-based Richard Sillitoe spent 4 and a half days at the ADL as a guest of Maurizio.

If you scroll down in the article to the drawing under the EPITHERMAL (VEIN)TYPE CHARACTERISTICS, you’ll see how the much more common “EPITHERMAL VEINS”, pictured in red, are much thinner and more fragmented. The ADL Mining District probably had several of these but over the 91-million-year life span of this district, EROSION has removed the once conical-shaped upper third or so of this mountain leaving behind the current “PLATEAU”.

The “GRANODIORITE” that occurs at the current surface of the plateau is an IGNEOUS INTRUSIVE type of rock that does not belong at surface unless there is a tremendous amount of EROSION that has occurred. IGNEOUS INTRUSIVE rocks like granodiorite “intrude” into the belly of a stratovolcano like this one and stays there. IGNEOUS EXTRUSIVE rocks like the ANDESITE we see at the north and northwest areas of the plateau, “extrudes” through the volcano’s apex as “lava” and flows downwards in a 360-degree fashion. There is a world of difference between the grades and mine lives of MESOTHERMAL VEIN SYSTEMS like this one and EPITHERMAL VEIN SYSTEMS.

6 Likes

A minor correction:

Falcon prides itself on the gold recovery of very fine particles (below 10 microns) , this can only be achieved with the use of low water pressures to fluidize the concentrate riffles (50 – 80 kPa) and with high outward G-forces (200Gs). “ :slightly_smiling_face:

This is what allows up to 10,000X improvement in ore concentrate volume of very low grade ore with fine gold particles!
EZ

2 Likes

Good read!

Why is Metallurgical Test Work Important? | INN (investingnews.com)

2 Likes

Thanks for the link BB,
This is a very short reference article packed with pertinent information.

I highlight just a few key points with the following excerpts taken out of context for brevity.
Realize that the de-risking of this project will not be following the conventional “industry standard” publishing of a NI 43-101 compliant PFE. It is the upcoming early production that will provide essential de-risking by a well- planned process design as well as equipment needs and specs. Generally, OPEX is an attractive option for the company if it has limited cash flow, and is preferred from an income tax point of view rather than CAPEX. Note that OPEX are short-term, tax-deductible items such as employees’ wages, equipment leases, maintenance and repair costs, etc.

In fact, metallurgical testing is one of the most important components of successfully transforming an exploration-stage project into a profitable mine. It’s during metallurgical testing that mining engineers can assess the condition and composition of the material to be mined, and determine if commercial-level extraction and processing can be done economically.

The higher the recoveries (the percentage of a metal extracted from the ore during processing), the higher the profit margin and the quicker investors will see returns. Positive metallurgical testing results tell the market not only whether an operation will be feasible, but also if it will be profitable.

Not all ores are created equally, and not every deposit will be amenable to simple, environmentally friendly, low-cost operations — metallurgical testing can help determine the viability of such methods on a given orebody.

Environmentally, the fewer harsh chemicals required during extraction and processing (simple flotation vs. cyanide leaching) the smoother the road to final permitting.

The goals of metallurgical programs at this earlier stage are to determine how the material will respond to conventional processes (i.e., flotation, gravity concentration and leaching) and how much metal can be recovered.

We are fortunate that previous testing has shown that gravimetric techniques resulted in a 90%+ gold recovery rate. This was simply for recovery methods and not the requirements of the term sheet MOUs with international minerals traders.

Last week I sat in on a webinar for a newer company that I began a starter position in. That company is in the earliest stages of exploration that we (investors here) have already experienced before entering the current prolonged “orphan stage” shown on the curve. Most here are familiar with various depictions of the Lassonde Curve, but I think the one shown below is exceptionally well done.

Focusing on the curve itself and not the company presenting it, I liked the small explanatory texts. I think we’ve passed over the first large hump of the curve and are in the development/startup phase.

8 Likes

Hi EZ,

I’ve been playing with the Lassonde Curve in trying to get it to apply to Auryn/Medinah for quite awhile with mixed results. The problem is that it doesn’t address mining districts like the ADL Mining District with EXTREMELY HIGH-GRADE, NEAR SURFACE, EARLY PRODUCTION OPPORTUNITIES like the DL2 Vein project, as well as more long-term perhaps open pitable assets like the Pegaso Nero and/or the LDM.

In Auryn/Medinah’s case, it’s almost like several of the ADL Mining District assets should be on their own Lassonde Curve. On the Lassonde Curve, the DL2 Vein project development stage would probably be down at the base of the “ORPHAN PERIOD” trough about to transition from “DEVELOPMENT” into “PRODUCTION”. On the Lassonde Curve, this is the longest, straight shot upwards in value or share price. The Merlin 1 Vein/Caren Mine would be a little bit behind the DL2 Vein project and the Pegaso Nero and the LDM would probably be much larger but well behind them developmentally.

When looking at Auryn, you almost need to surgically excise the DL2 Vein project and isolate it off to the side. The SWEET SPOT for an investment in the mining industry might be where the DL2 Vein project is currently situated at the base of the “ORPHAN PERIOD” trough. Auryn management’s task is to irrefutably prove that the DL2 Vein is indeed about to go into production. How do you do that? You do what all junior producers did right before they went into production. They spent money on things that would ONLY benefit them if they went into production. This is the “EPC” phase, i.e. ENGINEERING, PROCUREMENT AND CONSTRUCTION phase of a soon to be metals producer.

The METALLURGICAL TESTING being conducted currently in Peru is a critical phase of ENGINEERING because it will provide information related to the ECONOMICS of the project. A certain GRIND OPTIMIZATION size will be determined that produces the best recovery rates with a given type of GRAVITY PLANT. This, in turn, will dictate the specs of the CRUSHING CIRCUIT to achieve the desired “Tyler mesh” size. The METALLURGICAL TESTING is very foundational. One of the products of the METALLURGICAL TESTING will be the optimal FLOWSHEET for processing the ore. The most efficient order for deploying the various beneficiation methodologies like gravity concentration, flotation, leaching, smelting, etc. will be determined for maximizing recovery rates.

A lot of the ENGINEERING occurred in the drafting of the recently approved DEFINITIVE MINE CLOSURE PLAN and the recently approved DEFINITIVE MINE PLAN. These both had to be submitted to SERNAGEAMIN prior to their granting of the FORMAL EXPLOITATION PERMIT which occurred a couple of months ago. The design of the improved camp facilities in order to accommodate enough miners to allow 24-hour workdays would also be an example of the necessary ENGINEERING to be done prior to PRODUCTION. The completion of linking the forced air ventilation system already in place to the fresh air in the “old workings” would also be part of the ENGINEERING PHASE. This typically involves large fans designed to bring in fresh air and to exhaust out air contaminated by blast debris and diesel exhaust.

The PROCUREMENT phase for the DL2 Vein project might include the securing of a GRAVITY PLANT, hopefully the purchase of a “jumbo” drill rig, additional wheel loaders and trucks, etc. During this phase, the expenditures being made MAKE IT CLEAR that the project is indeed going into PRODUCTION. With the extremely tiny percentage of mining projects making it all of the way into production, all of these steps send a message to investors that PRODUCTION AS WELL AS THE TYPICAL SUBSEQUENT RAMP UP IN PRODUCTION RATES is about to commence. The people cutting the checks have a much better view of the overall ECONOMICS than you and I. Let them do some of your due diligence heavy lifting for you. This includes the resources of any potential OFFTAKE PARTNER that has to determine if Auryn can make delivery of the concentrate flow that they may have promised to various end consumers.

The drifting of the Antonino Production Adit combined both ENGINEERING and CONSTRUCTION. So too did the recent completion of the “GALLERY” and the soon scheduled to be completed “VENTILATION/SAFETY EGRESS CHIMNEY”. The completion of all of these tasks should send the clear message that PRODUCTION is forthcoming. Arguably, PRODUCTION has already commenced since both the GALLERY and the VENTILATION/SAFETY EGRESS CHIMNEY were or are being mined out of DL2 Vein ore. The GALLERY completion resulted in the temporary stockpiling of 80 tonnes of mineralized ore awaiting sorting. The chimney completion should yield several times that amount. It is scheduled to be completed in June of 2023 i.e. this month. It is not clear if these “first fruits” of production will be shipped in the near term or wait for gravity concentration to be completed. It is equally unclear if any parties involved in OFFTAKE NEGOTIATIONS have been promised EXCLUSIVITY for Auryn’s concentrate production.

In the near term, I think the Auryn story will be based on good old-fashioned EARNINGS PER SHARE. When you time the commencement of EXTREMELY HIGH-GRADE gold production with the PRICE OF GOLD approaching all-time highs, then something is going to happen no matter what the Lassonde Curve suggests.

The other assets at the ADL Mining District, like the Pegaso Nero and the LDM, as well as the various skarns, mantos, stratabound copper deposits, etc. will probably go through a Lassonde Curve type of development series in their own right. So too, will any FUTURE DISCOVERIES that are made as production at the DL2 Vein carries forward at lower sub levels. EXPANDING PRODUCTION IS EXPLORATION. The Merlin1 Vein/Caren Mine project development will probably dovetail in with that of the DL2 Vein. So too will likely be the development of the Don Enrique and Leopoldo Antonino Veins (the 2 “monster veins” that measured over 2-meters at surface) as well as the Merlin 2, Merlin 3, Fortuna Este and Fortuna Oeste Veins.

These other “MAIN VEINS” don’t get a lot of “play” but all of these veins are inter-linked with the DL2 Vein being in a centralized location. All of these showed similar gold grades during Auryn’s 1,600 sample “trench sampling” survey. This revealed over 5,000-meters of veins that made it all of the way to surface. The approximately 25 “veins/structures” that Auryn encountered while drifting the Antonino Adit as well as the hundreds of meters of solid “ALTERATION” gave us a look at what’s going on underneath the surface at the ADL and above the Pegaso Nero.

The DL2 Vein project as well as to a lesser extent the Merlin 1 Vein/Caren Mine project, would have to be looked at as the FLAGSHIP PROJECTS for the overall ADL Mining District. The CASH FLOW from the DL2 Vein project might serve to attract the attention of the mining community and thereby act as a CATALYST for management’s AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS needed to get Auryn’s and Medinah’s share prices out of the “ORPHAN PERIOD” trough.

The first glimpse of Auryn gaining the attention of the mining community might have been seen as several parties tendered Memorandums of Understanding (“MOUs”), at least one with an attached term sheet, showing their desire to purchase the gold/copper concentrate that Auryn will be producing. We also recently saw various Chilean Mining Ministers touring the intersection of the Antonino Adit and the DL2 Vein. This led to Auryn being chosen to host a series of “workshops” on technological advances in modern mining and ESG protocol compliance.

WHAT MIGHT IT TAKE TO GET THE SHARE PRICES OF AURYN AND MEDINAH MOVING UPWARDS? WHAT OTHER ACTS OF “DERISKING” MIGHT INVESTORS BE LOOKING FOR PRIOR TO INVESTING?

Mining investors don’t need to be told where the investment SWEET SPOT is for this industry. Making the transition from exploration/development efforts involving doing nothing but spending money while diluting your share structure and ownership percentage to actually MAKING MONEY is pretty much self-explanatory. If the grade of the ore is EXTREMELY HIGH and if the price of gold is approaching all-time highs, then the timing of commencing production might be rather fortuitous. Despite this, it is still incumbent on management to IRREFUTABLY PROVE that they are about to commence production.

Might positive metallurgical results do the trick? If you keep your focus on the all-important future EARNINGS PER SHARE, you can see that the ore grades look just fine. Commencing production while maintaining 100% OWNERSHIP of the mining assets is rare but it looks like management has pulled it off. The number of shares issued and outstanding at 70 million is beyond just fine. The RECOVERY RATES for beneficiation methodologies is one of the few parameters we don’t know much about except that for the artisanal miners, the ore was amenable to being concentrated by both flotation and gravity methods. Later Auryn accomplished excellent RECOVERY RATES with the Sepro/Falconer gravity concentrating system. It appears that the “INTERNATIONAL MINERALS TRADER” is seeking ore that meets some specific requirements that they or perhaps the end buyer mandates.

Might a deal with an OFFTAKE PARTNER do the trick? A deal with an OFFTAKE PARTNER would send the message TO ALL POTENTIAL INVESTORS that the DL2 Vein project has been judged to be able to provide a long-term predictable flow of ore concentrate meeting certain requirements. These partners will have production threshold limits that need to be met or exceeded before doing business with a producer. An OFFTAKE PARTNER probably couldn’t enter the Auryn or Medinah markets (if they were market players) now because they possess “material non-public information”. They also wouldn’t want to drive the PPS up because this might strengthen Auryn management’s bargaining position.

If a deal is done, however, I would think they would be in an excellent position to judge if the share prices of Auryn and Medinah represent a bargain. I’d like to see Auryn management almost INSIST ON them acquiring an equity stake. This would align their financial incentives with those of the Auryn shareholders and they’d be less likely to try to screw Auryn. An OFFTAKE DEAL might be looked upon as a significant DERISKING mechanism for investors in either the shares or the project itself. It’s important for a young producer to establish that there is a market for that which is being produced.
The SHIPPING GRADES of the ore procured from the construction of the GALLERY and the VENTILATION/SAFETY EGRESS CHIMNEY might provide significant DERISKING to potential investors.
The successful locating and tapping into the clean air provided by the “old workings” might provide some DERISKING. Potential investors might be concerned about potential delays similar to those encountered in the locating of the DL2 Vein via the Antonino Adit. From the most recent quarterly update, management cited that they expect to access the “old workings” this month i.e. June of 2023.
Some investors might want to see the PERMITTED PRODUCTION LEVELS approved by SERNAGEOMIN after they have inspected the accessing of the “old workings”. Any potential OFFTAKE PARTNERS would also like to see this.
Any JV deal on any of the other ADL assets might catch the attention of plenty of investors. “The market” appears to be currently ascribing pretty much zero value to the PN and LDM deposits. The terms of any deal would provide us information as to what market professionals think of the value of these deposits.
Any type of AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS made by management, which have heretofore been missing, might do the trick. Most of the management teams of junior mineral explorers and developers are constantly in PROMOTION MODE. This is partly because they need to constantly sell shares out of the Treasury in order to fund exploration and development efforts. Auryn management never felt this pressure because Maurizio was advancing all of the cash needed, without charging interest, to get the DL2 Vein project all of the way into production. HENCE PROMOTIONAL EFFORTS HAVE BEEN DE MINIMIS.

At the “informational meeting” hosted by Auryn several years ago in Las Vegas, Maurizio was critical of prior management’s OVER PROMOTIONAL efforts back before the project had been very well DERISKED. He didn’t allow any video or audio taping of that meeting to occur. In fact, he requested that any attendees of that meeting that planned on sharing their notes with others to please attach a copy of the Auryn boilerplate “SAFE HARBOR” statement warning potential investors of the risks inherent in this industry. I’ve never seen such a responsible approach to investing as I did in this instance.

The message was pretty clear, DON’T EXPECT ANY AGGRESSIVE PROMOTION UNTIL THE PROJECT HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY DERISKED FOR ALL. I think that Maurizio knows that his approach is different from the average CEO of a junior minerals explorer/developer/producer. I think that the reason for the “informational meeting” in the first place, was to responsibly “manage expectations” because his approach was different. This wasn’t an “ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING” that involved any voting or anything; it was simply an “informational meeting”.

Interestingly, at the same meeting he stated in a very unapologetic fashion that the goal was EVENTUALLY to become a “MID-SIZED GOLD PRODUCER”. This term is a bit ill-defined, but it usually refers to producing somewhere around 300,000 ounces per year of gold. The threshold to become a “major gold producer” is usually set at 1 million ounces of gold production per year.

In the Lassonde Curve that EZ posted, you can see that the maximum upwards pressure on value/share prices is from the commencement of “DEVELOPMENT” at the lowest spot in the “ORPHAN PHASE” trough, up until the “START UP” of production. This is when observers start appreciating that this particular junior really does have a chance of getting into production. ONCE INTO PRODUCTION, we all know that there is typically a predictable RAMP UP in production rates as the kinks and bottlenecks get worked out. What occurs behind the scenes in order to drive up share prices so much during this phase of the overall curve?

It’s partly associated with the number of things that could go wrong prior to the COMMENCEMENT OF PRODUCTION. These are all RISKS that need to be mitigated PRIOR TO commencing production. Are there any potential PERMITTING glitches? Auryn received their DEFINITIVE EXPLOITATION PERMIT several months ago. Is the ORE METALLURGY amenable to high recovery rates? I should qualify that by stating that with the GRADES present as well as the PRICE OF GOLD where it is, this project is likely to make a great deal of money regardless of the specifics of the METALLURGY. Both the artisanal miners as well as Auryn have had excellent results in past “ore beneficiation” efforts. Part of the beauty of a project having been in production for 30 years is that if there were any serious issues out there, they probably would have been revealed a long time ago.

From the last quarterly update, it sounded like management really wanted to do business with the “INTERNATIONAL MINERALS TRADER” that mandated testing in Peru as well as the usage of a certain type of beneficiation methodology using GRAVITY PLANTS. By now, who knows how many bidders might be bidding on purchasing the concentrate Auryn produces or what the terms might be? I could see the execution of an offtake deal and the naming of an offtake partner as being a good source of credibility for Auryn. The geoscientists working for any potential offtake partner know a lot more than you or I in regards to the prognosis for success of mineral production efforts. Let them do some of the heavy lifting on your due diligence efforts.

“FINANCING RISK” FROM EXPLORATION TO DEVELOPMENT TO PRODUCTION

Getting a junior mineral explorer FINANCED is typically a painful process. Debt financing is typically out of the question because so few mineral explorers ever make a discovery that they can get into production. This ultra-high RISK typically results in ultra-lousy terms when it comes to retaining a high percentage ownership of the mining assets and/or a tight share structure. The pain endured is related to DILUTION of either of those or often both. Mineral project financiers have a nasty habit of wanting to be repaid.
AURYN SHAREHOLDERS GOT LUCKY when Maurizio offered to advance all of the cash needed during both EXPLORATION and DEVELOPMENT while charging no interest. This set up Auryn to maximize EARNINGS PER SHARE from this day forward because they circumvented the typical hyper-dilution associated with these phases of development.

Once into PRODUCTION, the “FINANCING RISK” drops measurably because cash flow can be routed into measures designed to ramp up production. If financiers are needed, then they can visualize a path to being repaid. Offtake partners can find themselves highly motivated to provide capital on favorable terms in order to ramp up production which would benefit all parties concerned. IT WASN’T QUICK BY ANY MEANS, BUT COMMENCING EXTREMELY HIGH-GRADE PRODUCTION WHILE RETAINING 100% OWNERSHIP OF THE ENTIRE ADL MINING DISTRICT AND WITH ONLY 70 MILLION SHARES ISSUED AND OUTSTANDING WITH MANAGEMENT OWNING ABOUT 60% OF THEM IS QUITE AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

6 Likes

BB,
As we are nearing initial production, there are many scenarios that could play out here, which still makes this a high risk/high reward investment play as the de-risking continues. I agree retaining a low share count of only 70 million of 100 million shares authorized is quite an accomplishment, as is retaining 100% ownership of the ADL District. Having management retain such a high percentage of the share structure assures me of several things. 1st, share structure will remain very tight, as management is restricted on sales. Management is quite sure what they are doing (careful conservative planning), and being major shareholders, they are aligned with all shareholders. Management and all existing shareholders will want to make sure they have a very high reward (ROI) for their efforts, and for the exceedingly long time to repair and recover the share restructure. Loss of integrity in the project due to prior management cannot be remedied overnight. Just to recover completely what has been invested here would be quite an accomplishment, but I’m sure management has set a goal of many multiples beyond just the breakeven point for themselves and for those that have endured this unfolding endeavor.
EZ

4 Likes

Does anybody have a map showing the location of all these projects on the ADL? Would like to get some perspective.

DL2
Merlins
Pegaso Nero
LDM
Etc.

1 Like

EZ, 4 days ago you said " I sat in on a webinar for a newer company that I began a starter position in" but I noticed you haven’t mentioned it yet on the Other Mining Stocks website. Would you mind telling us what it is ??

MW,
I appreciate your “digging” for the next BIG play, but I believe we’re already sitting in it! I’ve already “revealed” the company in the graphic I posted. I’m not recommending that company, even though it has very high silver grades, because my investment goals are my own, and likely differ from others here. Right now I prefer early producers with growth potential, and those that may be M&A targets. I like to hold a stock for a year as I build a position incrementally. Early stage companies generally take time to develop after an initial pop. There are other companies I like better, but I believe Kuya will eventually be a decent company to have long term in a portfolio of long term silver holds. I think if you hold your cursor over the graphic (hover) or click on it, I have the name of the company embedded. Most of the embedded links (highlighted) in my posts also reveal additional information for the curious, which is why I include them.
EZ

3 Likes

[auryn_project_presentation_17-mar-2016 (1).pdf](file:///C:/Users/mtkhd/Downloads/auryn_project_presentation_17-mar-2016%20(1).pdf)

1 Like

From the links just posted by BB, in case anyone couldn’t open:

ADL Claims & Targets
ADL Claims & Targets

4 Likes

Hi Mrb,

It sounds like you’re trying to put together a geomodel showing the interrelationships for the various deposit types present at the ADL Mining District. One of Auryn’s P. Geoscientists, Luciano Bocanegro, did the same, and the way he explained it was that all of the deposit types present up on the plateau like the Mesothermal Veins, the breccias, the stratabound copper areas, the skarns, mantos, etc. all “VECTOR” towards the Pegaso Nero Cu-Mo porphyry area. Bocanegro is a very bright guy that has written extensively on VECTOR ANALYSIS IN MINING.

What happens in these HYDROTHERMAL SYSTEMS is that the highest temperatures occur where the hydrothermal fluids and gases escape out of the roof of a magma chamber when it ruptures from excessive pressures. This area is called the PORPHYRY STOCK. It’s analogous to the trunk of a tree whereas the root system of the tree is the magma chamber. If you find molybdenum in one of these systems (within a Cu-Mo porphyry), it will settle out near the junction of the magma chamber and the PORPHYRY STOCK. The melting point of moly is an absolutely insane 4,800-degrees Farenheit. Once the moly-bearing fluids cool to that temperature they convert to a solid and the moly stays put.

The moly in our system is at the Pegaso Nero at about the 1,500 meters above sea level elevation. This is the HOT SPOT of our hydrothermal system. As the various metals and chemicals in the hydrothermal fluids rise and cool, they’ll settle out at where they convert to a solid, i.e. at their melting point. The ARGILLIC CLAYS in our system like low temperatures and high water contents. They tend to hang out at surface, where it’s much cooler and wetter. Argillic alteration found at surface is the “X MARKS THE SPOT” for many prospectors looking for underlying porphyry deposits and the vein systems that typically telescope out of porphyry systems. On surface, there is a 100-plus meter wide zone of ARGILLIC ALTERATION surrounding the DL2 and associated veins. It sits right next door to the “Gordon Breccia” which is also highly suggestive of an underlying porphyry structure.

In that second diagram, the satellite photo that EZ posted, you might want to mentally draw an arrow from the PN to the other deposit locations. Note that the PN area is located at about 1,500 meters above sea level (masl) and the plateau is at about 2,000 masl. In the mining business, the PN would be termed the “PROGENITOR” for these other deposit types and alteration types.

In that satellite photo, you can see an obvious irregularity with the flat ADL plateau sitting amongst a bunch of nice conical-shaped stratovolcanos. Medinah’s past P. Geo, Gordon House, used to harp on how the “Gordon breccia”, named after him, was actually a “diatreme breccia”. “Breccias” by themselves are evidence of extreme explosive activity, like that which would occur in a PORPHYRY STOCK, in which the host rock is literally blown to bits leaving angular pieces of gravel-like rocks (“clasts” or “phenocrysts”) surrounded by a finer groundmass. A “diatreme breccia” takes the level of explosivity one step further. This mountain literally blew its top off. Gone is a lot of the “overburden” that typically overlies a mineral deposit. The EROSION process, over the course of 91 million years, has brought the plateau level down that much more. Dick Sillitoe published a paper in 1974 in which he measured the distance from the original tops of the world’s stratovolcanos to the very top of any underlying porphyry structure within the volcano. The average was in between 1.5 and 4 Km. Ours appears to be about 500-meters based on the “MOLY ANOMALY” present at the PN.

The ultra-hot metal-bearing hydrothermal fluids and gases that escaped from the underlying magma chamber when its roof/”carapace” ruptured, don’t have a sense of direction. Due to their high level of buoyancy, they simply move upwards in the pathway of least resistance through cracks and faults in the rocks. When they encounter layers of weak rock like limestone, which is a SEDIMENTARY ROCK that lays in horizontal beds, these fluids will move laterally, and “replace” the limestone with a “skarn”. There are several of these at the ADL. When these fluids enter a crack or a fault in the rock structure, they will cool, crystallize and form “veins”. If the cracks are tiny and all over the place, then they are called “veinlets” or “stockworks of veinlets”. Porphyries are made up of “veinlets” and they have much larger “veins” telescoping out of them.

This satellite view gives us an excellent picture of the overall ADL Mining District. While being explored and developed, each deposit type at the ADL is on its own developmental “assembly line”, as it were. As development progresses, the assembly line moves along and positive developments bring about DERISKING for any future investors or parties wishing to enter into a strategic alliance, like a JV, with Auryn. The DL2 Vein is furthest along in this DERISKING “assembly line” process. The recent intersection of the Antonino Adit and the DL2 Vein, along with the assays from this intersection, probably represented the most significant DERISKING to date for this particular structure. The “assembly line” advanced forward out of the DEVELOPMENT section and entered into an area where the workers were concentrating on PRODUCTION. Here several entities submitted Memorandums Of Understanding with Auryn in an effort to purchase the gold/copper “concentrate” that Auryn is about to produce.

At any point along this “assembly line” of developments, management could get a tap on the shoulder by an interested party, wishing to make an offer that made sense to its own shareholders as well as those of Auryn and Medinah. Auryn’s approach has been to keep their nose to the grindstone and keep advancing the projects UNTIL that tap on the shoulder occurred and they could evaluate any proposals.

Maurizio would have the option to maintain 100% ownership of any of the projects or to give away a slice of one to an interested party in exchange for them advancing the project at a much quicker pace than Auryn could do by itself. THAT’S THE REASON WHY MAINTAINING 100% OWNERSHIP THROUGH ALL OF THE EXPLORATION AND DEVELOPMENT PHASES IS SO CRITICAL. It puts Maurizio in a position to give away a piece of the action in exchange for the contra-party’s cash, exploration and development efforts, as well as their technical expertise and still maintain CONTROL of the project. The decision process goes something like: should I maintain 100% ownership and go roll out production, at the DL2 Vein for example, at a pace I can achieve or perhaps give away, let’s say, a fourth of the DL2 project, or of one of the other veins, in order to perhaps triple the pace of production at the DL2. In this example, 75% of “3X” is larger than 100% of “X”. There is a sense of urgency to ramp up production present because the price of gold may not always be at the current level approaching all-time highs.

If you list out the main ASSETS of Auryn, you’d have the Pegaso Nero and the LDM, the DL2 Vein and the Merlin 1 Vein both approaching PRODUCTION status, the other 5 MAIN VEINS (the Leopoldo Antonino and the Don Enrique (the 2 “monster veins”), the Merlin 2 and 3 veins and the Fortuna Este Vein) as well as a variety of skarns, mantos, breccias, etc. AURYN/MEDINAH ARE ASSET HEAVY BUT CASH FLOW LIGHT. There are a limitless number of deals that could be struck with parties that have plenty of CASH and EXPERTISE but that need new MINERAL ASSETS to replace the ounces they produce annually. The new “deal cutters” on the Auryn BOD have the skills needed to design “WIN-WINS” in which the shareholders of both parties benefit.

Any interested party that has been looking over Auryn/Medinah’s DL2 Vein “assembly line” knows darn well that what’s going on inside the DL2 Vein is probably also going on within the other 5 lesser-known MAIN VEINS. Most of us have forgotten this press release by now, but can you remember that Press Release dated September 17, 2015 when Auryn released the result of a massive SURFACE TRENCHING program they did at the Merlin 1 Vein. They dug 25 trenches there and took over 200 samples. The average width of the samples was 1.35-meters. These samples AVERAGED AN INSANELY HIGH 26.9 GPT GOLD AT SURFACE (WEIGHTED AVERAGE). Those are insane grades to experience AT SURFACE but, of course, the current “surface” is nowhere near the original “paleosurface” prior to the fireworks and erosion that occurred at the ADL. The current surface is in the middle of the volcano.

The westernmost Merlin 1 Vein already had 3 adits drifted from prior exploration efforts. These revealed the presence of “bonanza” grades at about 140-meters below the (current) surface which was at the 1,840 meters above sea level elevation. This is the same elevation where the intersection of the Antonino Adit and the DL2 Vein occurred. This intersection revealed grades ranging from 150 gpt gold to 164 gpt gold. These 2 groups of samplings from the Merlin 1 Vein and the DL2 Vein are about 1.25 Km apart. The Merlin 1 Vein is the westernmost of the 5 or 6 MAIN VEINS present and the DL2 Vein is right in the middle of the group. The Auryn P. Geos have already stated, in a press release, that studies have shown that all of these MAIN VEINS are interconnected and related both TEMPORALLY (time of formation) and SPATIALLY (location). The question that begs to be asked is what is likely to be inside the 4 or so MAIN VEINS that haven’t been explored as much as the DL2 Vein and the Merlin 1 Vein.

The ADL Mining District is located right in the middle of a couple of north-south oriented “BELTS” of similar deposit types of a similar age near Region 5 of Chile (“the Santiago Metropolitan Region”). The ADL is a component of the “EARLY CRETACEOUS PORPHYRY BELT” which, until the Pegaso Nero was discovered, everybody thought that had a southern termination well north of the ADL, near the Llahuin and Andacollo porphyry structures. As it turns out, this belt appears to have extended further south than was previously thought and all of the way to the ADL. Do you recall the Auryn Press Release citing that the Re/Os geological dating study done in Canada of the ore at the ADL came in at the same 91-million-year-old age as that of the famous Andacollo porphyry to our north near La Serena? I WILL REITERATE THAT THE TOUGHEST PART OF DOING THOROUGH DUE DILIGENCE ON THIS ADL MINING DISTRICT IS KEEPING TRACK OF THE HISTORICAL REVELATIONS AND THEIR PERTINENCE TO MORE RECENT REVELATIONS. A LOT OF TIME HAS PASSED IN BETWEEN.

The ADL is also a part of the “EARLY CRETACEOUS MESOTHERMAL VEIN BELT”. If you go to the link below:

New 1.9km long target at large Llahuin Copper Project- Chile - Southern Hemisphere Mining Limited (ASX:SUH) - Listcorp.

You can see the green colored “EARLY CRETACEOUS METALLOGENIC BELT”. The yellow triangles with a black dot inside represent “MESOTHERMAL VEIN DEPOSITS”. The ADL is just north of the yellow triangle with a black dot labeled “Curacavi”. The ADL Mining District’s southern border is the northern border of the Curacavi Mining District. The ADL is located in a very nice “geological neighborhood” within these 2 famous “belts” and in close proximity to Santiago. The presence of mesothermal veins telescoping out of a Cu-Mo porphyry structure shouldn’t be much of a surprise geologically. I think the vein deposits at the ADL will make Auryn a lot of QUICK MONEY but the Pegaso Nero might make them famous.

The caliber of the groups that have shown an interest in the PN hint at the size of the project this might represent. The majors all have minimum threshold limits before they will give a junior the time of day. Maurizio had Freeport McMoRann’s permission to use their name as a “party of interest”. They’re ranked #5 in the world amongst mining majors. There were 2 other parties of interest, who Maurizio was not allowed to name, and they were “BOTH LARGER THAN FREEPORT”.

HOW DO SITUATIONS LIKE THESE TYPICALLY PLAY OUT?

When the 2 very accomplished deal cutters were recently appointed to the Auryn BOD, I think the signal was sent that something MIGHT BE brewing on the deal front. There can be no guarantee that any deal may come to fruition. Unless the terms are insanely generous, I can’t see Maurizio parting with any portion of the DL2 Vein project. With the grades present there as well as the price of gold approaching all-time highs, that project could become a gigantic CASH COW that would provide negotiating strength for any of the other Auryn/Medinah assets. Auryn is going to get a glimpse of the grades and widths present in the various sublevels below the current level 3 of the Antonino Adit in the near term. You wouldn’t want to run into a gigantic “ore shoot” bearing extremely high-grade ore at perhaps level 7 right after cutting a deal with a major miner. I don’t have a good read on whether or not management would bring in 2 deal cutters of that caliber just to negotiate an OFFTAKE DEAL with a party wishing to purchase the concentrate production from the DL2 Vein.

I could definitely see a JV deal on the Pegaso Nero porphyry area at any time. What isn’t clear is if there are any underground EARLY PRODUCTION OPPORTUNITIES present at the PN. All of this movement to tighter ESG protocols is favoring much cleaner underground operations over open pit projects. I could easily see a deal on some of the less well-explored MAIN VEINS. Auryn seems to have developed a very cozy relationship with the various Chilean Mining Ministers that have been singing the praises of Auryn’s work at the DL2 Vein. These relationships are a very valuable asset with all of the movement to ESG rankings/ratings for minerals producers.

7 Likes

Thank you, very much sir! Yeah, mainly I’m trying to get some perspective in a bid to keep myself out of traction in the hospital on account of my wife!

If these veins are on a very small part of the 50+ square mile property (this is what I recall), then we have a LONG way to go regarding additional development opportunities - but the underlying porphyries, whatever their length and width might be, seem to be the big potential value-producers in the long run. I remember your citation of prior academia, for example, which show Cu-Molybdenum porphyries are larger than Cu-gold porphyries (700 million tons, versus 500 million tons?). I have paid attention and learned a little bit, professor!

I guess the question I have is whether our work to exploit the DL2 vein and then the Merlin 1 vein would get in the way of a major exploiting the porphyries? Could it all be done at the same time? Don’t know. If so, then once we start producing the veins, then it seems we could be surprised with a JV at any time.

3 Likes

I said I’d see ya in 84 more posts. Sorry, it was 86. What I learned this round is from a few of Wizards posts… thank you… and that some people who don’t like the troll seem to like to keep feeding the troll. Let’s don’t feed the troll, shall we? :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

Enjoy the summer folks! :smiley:

4 Likes

az2.jpg (648×478) (geologyforinvestors.com)

Hi mrb,

The above link shows what’s called the “Lowell-Giulbert” model for copper porphyries. The picture to the left labeled “A” shows the typical ALTERATION ZONES around the core of these porphyries and “B” shows the MINERALIZATION ZONES around the cores.

In “B”, you’ll see where the moly is located. It is labeled “mb” for molybdenite. In “A”, this represents the POTASSIC ALTERATION zone near the core of the porphyry. This is where you find the “K-FELDSPAR” (potassium feldspar) mineral assemblage. The moly is always found right in the HOT SPOT at the core.

You might remember how, in the Antonino Adit, our miners ran into hundreds of meters of heavy “ALTERATION”. In picture “A”, imagine a horizontal line, the Antonino Adit, going through perhaps the green “SERICITIC ALTERATION” zone above the “POTASSIC ALTERATION” zone where the moly hangs out at about the 1,500 masl at the Pegaso Nero.

What’s interesting about the ADL Mining District, is how tightly it conforms to the classic “SILLITOE PORPHYRY MODEL” which is basically the same as the “Lowell-Guilbert” model. Everything is where it should be.

USGS Open-File Report 02-268

The above link is to the most comprehensive study done of porphyry copper deposits ever done. It was done by “COX AND SINGER”. You can see how the copper-moly type of porphyries (type 21a), are the monsters of these, the largest of the types of mineral deposits. The typical grades are modest, when compared to the DL2 Vein, but they’re immense and the mine lives are enormous. Remember that C.S. Perez’s hyperspectral satellite imaging survey suggested the presence of 2 porphyry deposits within that 7 Km swath of about a dozen intrusives that easily qualified as a “world class deposit”.

When I first read Perez’s paper, I though that he was getting a little bit out over his skis by referring to the ADL as easily qualifying as a WORLD CLASS DEPOSIT but ever since that time a lot of very talented professionals have seemed to have agreed. Not too long ago, the professor at the University of San Sebastian, Luis de la Tierra, who heads the MINING ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT there and who spent 5 years as the HEAD OF UNDERGROUND OPERATIONS at Yamana’s enormous El Penon Gold/Silver Mine, predicted that the DL2 Vein project would turn out to be a similar operation to that of El Penon. At El Penon, they’re mining 38 working faces, but their average grade is only about 4 gpt gold now. When it first started it was more like 15 gpt gold when Meridian Gold first made the discovery.

I also remember an old poster on this forum who referred to himself as “Volcan”, whose family made some big discoveries in Chile, told us to mark his words that the ADL is going to be the last world class discovery made in Chile.

The toughest lesson to learn in this industry is HOW INCREDIBLY LONG IT TAKES FOR ANY JUNIOR EXPLORER WITH A BONA FIDE DISCOVERY TO DO ALL THAT IS NECESSARY TO GET IT INTO PRODUCTION. The World Gold Council tells us that the average timeframe from the commencement of exploration activities to putting a mineral deposit into production is 24 YEARS and that the statistical odds for a junior explorer to make a discovery that makes it into production is somewhere around 1-in-1,000.

A lot of us got attracted to this industry because of the 30- or 40-baggers we read about or maybe were fortunate enough to participate in. We forget that in the markets RISK AND REWARD are usually in balance. If you’re a speculator and you want to go after that ULTRA-HIGH REWARD then you better be willing to take on ULTRA-HIGH RISK part of which is not having the patience to handle the timeframes involved.

4 Likes

Mining 38 faces at El Pinion - wow!

If we’re mining 38 faces at 4 gpt, we’re all still making good money.

With El Pinion to our north and El Tigre, Curacavi, and as Palmas to our south, all with mesothermal veins coming out of the same age rock (i.e. Cretaceous) it’s reasonable to believe we could be doing the same.

1 Like

Reading about nearby El Penon (correcting my spelling, not “El Pinion”), one understands why MC aspires to be a mid-tier mining company - lots of similarities between El Penon and the ADL, which Brecciaboy has spent countless hours trying to educate us. But , here’s a couple interesting facts I read from the below link addressing El Penon from the Yamana Gold website:

(1) VEINS - They’re mining VEINS (Orito, Bonanza El Valle, Martillo Flat, Pampa Campamento veins) at El Penon, just like us!

(2) MINE LIFE - Extending “mine life” by exploring for and discovering deeper extensions of existing veins - using AI to pick drilling targets. The discovery of new veins has helped Yamana maintain existing mine life from between 6-8 years. Replacing mineral reserves.

(3) THROUGHPUT - Unless I’m missing it, there’s no reference to how many faces Yamana is working, but Brecciaboy tells us it’s been about 38. The throughput was recently decreased from 4,200 tpd to 3,300 tpd to actually make the operation more efficient (“right-sized”) - or an average of about 86.85 tpd per working face (3,300 tpd / 38 = 86.85 tpd per working face) - very close to what Brecciaboy estimated in a prior post regarding the DL2 (95 tpd). If Auryn has the same equipment, there is NO reason why this cannot be replicated.

All this is very interesting. I’m no geologist or mining professional, but I can read and see where the aspirations of MC are coming from - he wants to excel over the nearby “competition”.

If we make the proper deal with an off-taker and we get win-win financing, we’re in for a NICE ride, it seems to me. But, I guess if you believe this is all a pipe dream and only MAJORS can achieve such results, then maybe none of this will happen. For me, more now than ever, I believe we’re gonna do well! The temptation for me is to buy more MDMN shares - but I already have enough and I might experience some medical/physiological/nosocomial challenges if I buy more …

https://www.yamana.com/portfolio/producing-mines/el-penon/default.aspx#:~:text=Daily%20throughput%20is%20now%20approximately%203%2C300%20tonnes%20per,inventory%20in%20the%20wake%20of%20robust%20exploration%20results.

BONUS: PROFESSOR LUIS DE LA TIERRA - The current Head of the University of San Sebastien Mining Enginering program, and past Head of Underground Operations at the El Penon mine itself (Yamana Gold) is quoted:

"The ore extracted and stockpiled from the old and new works on AURYN’s La Fortuna de Lampa mining project strongly reminds me of the ore from El Peñon Project, owned by Yamana Gold Corp. They are very similar to the color and rock quality of the ore I personally observed during my time working on the development of El Peñon. I have the firm belief that once La Fortuna de Lampa project goes into production, and a correct evaluation of the entire project is achieved, it will be a mining operation with very similar characteristics of El Peñon.”

Don’t believe a single WORD of what I have said - but maybe pay attention to what the professor down there is saying?

My opinion only - just sharing - do your own due diligence.

3 Likes

I wonder if MC’s long-term plans look anything like this plan for all the near-by parallel veins on the Alto?

DL2 is only the start of things to come!

1 Like

That spiraling picture looks REAL BUSY - and maybe that’s where we want to be! It seems like the more adits we make the more new veins we discover, so we ought to just CONTINUE with another adit from the DL2 to … wherever … and we’ll end up with a spiraling structure just like this!

As I recall, a couple years back we were on the doorstep of production at the Merlin Vein (?) - then it all of a sudden it fell off the end of the earth (forgot why - was getting frustrated I guess). After placing the DL2 into service, they ought to find a way to get that cranked up again too!

mrbubba,
Interestingly, you are recalling initial work that was halted in early 2017 on Level 3 - Larissa adit, which is believed associated, but separate from a vein situated somewhat below the higher-grade vein found on level 2. The vein on level 2A is largely unexplored. Does anyone remember the initial 12.4 ton shipments of ore that were were extracted from a 28 meter section of the vein between LC-3 going south toward LC-6? These graded 11.5 gpt of gold, 31 gpt of silver, and 1.62% copper? This was deemed economical, although not meeting the modeled grade of 15 gpt gold equivalent. The adit was extended beyond the LC-6 vicinity without extracting the ore, but taking samples along the way showed results indicating grades higher than the test production runs which were sent to ENAMI as reported above. The encouraging part of this release was that the adit beyond the LC6 intersection extends vertically at least 30 meters in each direction with similar grades and width. “This section of vein was also not thought to be same vein that we uncovered in September on level 2.”

Hypothetical question for BB: What is the estimated volume grade equivalent of 15g/t AU ore from this one section of the Larissa adit per linear meter, hypthothesized length, that is speculated to be 60 vertical meters in height?

1 Like