CDCH - Discussion

Yes Kevin, I saw it. Thank you. One quick question if I may

In that post you also wrote that AMC is valued at $180Mil. So far so good.

If my recollection is correct, in the sale contract it was written that AMC was supposed to pay either $7.5Mil or $9Mil for the CDCH claims.

Does this 5% of AMC or 5% of $180Mil = $9Mil replace the cash they were supposed to pay?

What contract did you see ? IF you have a copy, please post it.

As far as I know, Iā€™ve never seen a CDCH contract.

Rod

Rod, unfortunately I have to look for it. Do not remember if it was included in a Medinah update or a completely separate CDCH update. Maybe Kevin could helpā€¦ :grin:

No formal contract on CDCH made public ā€¦ just this:

Fortuna de Lampa Mine ā€“ Agreement Signed with S.C.M. Cerro Dorado Chile

(January 29th (2015) at 12:12:00)

AURYN Mining Chile SpA is pleased to announce the signing of the option/ Joint Venture agreement with S.C.M. Cerro Dorado Chile covering the Fortuna de Lampa mine property located on the Altos de Lipangue plateau approximately 30 kilometers northwest of Santiago, Chile. The property consists of the two mining concessions: Lonco Millarepu 1-60 and Fortuna 61-120 that are adjacent to the eastern boundary of AURYNĀ“s Altos de Lipangue project. The agreement gives AURYN the right to earn an initial 60% interest in the property by completing a minimum of 3,000 meters of diamond drilling. An additional 25% interest in the property (85% total) can be earned by the expenditure of a further US $ 1.5 million on the property by or before August 1, 2017.

The Fortuna de Lampa mine was developed on a system of relatively narrow, high grade gold-bearing quartz veins hosted in granodiorite. The veins trend approximately north-south and dip moderately to the east. The system can be traced over a length of approximately 800 meters and there is evidence of an associated breccia to the south. There are about 1,100 meters of underground workings that have been developed on four levels concentrate on the main Fortuna vein and reaching a depth of 100 meters. Records for small scale production in the 1940Ā“s and 1950Ā“s gave an average grade of 59 g/t gold and 104.1 g/t silver.

AURYN geologists are currently reviewing the property data that includes surface and underground mapping and sampling as well as geophysical surveys including IP and CSAMT. The planned exploration program will begin with fine tuning of the geology data base by trenching for extensions of the vein system and searching for splay veins as well as exposing bedrock in the area of intense breccia float to the south. The compiled geology and geophysical data will then be used to lay out the initial platforms for the diamond drill program.

The Fortuna de Lampa exploration program will be integrated with the concurrent Altos de Lipangue and Las Dos Marias programs and will benefit from the high resolution airborne magnetometer survey that will be flown over the plateau in February.

This release was prepared and approved by David Bent, Exploration Manager for AURYN Mining Chile SpA who is a registered P. Geo (Nova Scotia) as well as a member of the Colegio de Ingenieros del Peru.
Fortuna de Lampa Mine - Agreement Signed with S.C.M. Cerro Dorado Chile - AURYN Mining Chile

1 Like

Very nice, would love to hear baldy interpretation of this.

Pardon my ignorance, but isnā€™t this over a year old, or did I miss the point of posting it?

3 Likes

Your recollection is correct ā€¦ this was the announcement by AURYN made more than a year ago that an option agreement had been finalized. There wasnā€™t a formal contract released by CDCH or AURYN, unless anyone knows differently. The only more recent information made public is that AURYN has acquired the Fortuna concessions. . The ā€œrumor millā€ has it that Cerro is no longer in procession of any mining claims in Chile, but has been ā€œtradedā€ a 5% interest in AURYN for the claims (and a percentage of early production?)ā€¦ The original ā€œagreementā€ was apparently circumvented without first consulting with the Days. No public details are presently available per the last shareholder update ā€¦ awaiting translation from the Spanish version of the contract.

2 Likes

Ok, I figured you were aware of the date. I just didnā€™t understand the reason why you posted it, but do now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll venture to say that CDCH becomes a dividend dispensing machine too. Which wouldnā€™t be a bad thing.

Might be true, but for you nothing of what happened in the past 20 years appears to be a bad thingā€¦

3 Likes

LOL. itā€™s not good, itā€™s not bad, itā€™s just the process of what itā€™s taken to get to this point. My decisions were to Buy, Sell or Hold.

And here we are today, possibly looking at an extremely good return on our investment from these prices. And that is why I started a position in CDCH.

CDCH should have received the contract translation by now. Where is it?

1 Like

deleted by poster

What you say sounds reasonable.

I havenā€™t heard this rumor but, assuming itā€™s accurate, the financials clearly state that CDCH USA has ā€œcontrolling interestā€. So, while it wouldnā€™t surprise me that snakes like Les and JJ would assume they have carte blanche to shift assets and equity (as they have already done multiple time with both MDMN and CDCH), I donā€™t think he has the legal authority to do so. They may have the authority to negotiate deals but thatā€™s vastly different than being able to close a deal before consulting with the CDCH BOD and gaining shareholder approval.

Iā€™m not sure if the Days think 5% of AMC is unfair. I think itā€™s a decent deal as long as they hold onto or distribute those shares (the latter makes more sense as thereā€™s really no reason to keep CDCH alive with annual costs, etc.) But I can also see how 5% could be seen as ā€œimproveableā€ given the leverage we have on the mountain.

In evaluating the rumored 5%. Look at it this way. If MDMN has 1.5B shares when itā€™s all said and done, it will represent 6x the outstanding shares of CDCH (250M). Assuming MDMN also receives $100Mā€¦we would basically getting an additional 15% vs. cash (5% with 6x less shares= 30%). For those who believe the 15% of AMC is going to be of greater value than the $100M, CDCH represents greater value at these levels (read: fair deal).

2 Likes

Baldy, My post was pure conjecture on my part. I simply do not trust CDCH Chile. I am nervous because the Days have not posted their summation of the deal to the shareholders as they committed. So much time has gone by it makes be wonder what the hold up could be. Hopefully they will respond soon.

4 Likes

I believe the CDCH BOD authorized Cerro Chile to enter into an agreement with respect to the Fortuna claims. This was done just like MDMN did the same thing.

That said, once that transaction was completed, I donā€™t believe Cerro Chile has control over the disposition of the 5 million shares of AMC without the BOD of CDCH (the Days) authorization.

3 Likes

I think that would be correct. I also think CDCH got a fair shake and that the Dayā€™s are/will be happy with the results.

Standard Operating Procedure until Auryn purchases MDMN outright, or, exercises option. Not any sooner