Cerro/Medinah/Auryn- 2018 Q2 General Discussion ⛰

Can’t seem to access Medinah or Cerro’s website anymore.

Perhaps they are revamping the sites to include information that answers all our questions that have been ignored for more than year? :slight_smile: More likely, they failed to pay the server fee. With the yield sign on Cerro, an annual report that raises more questions than answers, the fact that the PDAC conference likely failed to generate a single new investor, and rumors of auctioning off of our claims, can things get any worse? Probably!

4 Likes

Somebody is ready to dump 6.5 million shares at .003. Very sad!

Kevin, I know you read the board and you are in direct contact with MC. What stage are we at and what’s going on?

6 Likes

It’s also possible, since they already announced their intention to do so, and given the obvious connection between Medinah’s report delay and Cerro’s yield sign, that some part of the restructuring effort may be upon us and about to be revealed.

4 Likes

Let’s hope so!

1 Like

I know you’re just trying to get any information or indication on where your investment stands, but based on my past conversations with Kevin, my understanding is that he is not in touch with Maurizio like I think you think he is. He’s a regular shareholder like anyone else, and given his shareholdings, his past role as an officer, and MDMN’s past legal issues, I know he walks the straight and narrow in that regard. One conversation I had with him a little while back he told me that he hadn’t communicated with Maurizio for months…which makes sense as he no longer has a need or a professional relationship with him. Also, he doesn’t read the board like he used to as he is preoccupied with his new job. To that end, he was considering shutting it down.

From what I understand, he doesn’t solicit communication from Maurizio as a regular shareholder. Additionally, doing that would undermine the roles and responsibilities of the current BOD and it would be inappropriate for him to do an end around for information, especially since he was a former officer. That type of thing was the specialty of Les Price and look where that got him and what it did for us.

Unfortunately, the avenue for information is Gary Goodin and I have no idea how much he speaks with Maurizio. But I do know how much he communicates with MDMN shareholders…he doesn’t.

6 Likes

awesome! So basically these guys dont give two shits to give us a small progress report that most have been in this for over a decade if not two? Waiting has been part of this BS scam for ever but since we seem to have real players involved you would think we would at least get a quarterly by-yearly report from them as to keep us some what informed but I see they dont give a shit to do so.

6 Likes

Geo,
I have said it before that this is way out of hand(no info provided) but some wish to wait and do nothing about it until they see that their investment was is left of it is gone forever. But then it would be to late. I have sent numerous emails but no response I don’t know how many on this board have done the same but I urge them to do so. It’s your right and money!!(what’s left of it). Maybe it’s time for attorney to get involved??

5 Likes

Wow Rick. That is a gloomy outlook. Especially from you. You are the guy who usually throws us a life preserver during times like this. I guess it is time once again to lower the bar and our future expectations. Getting even one day may now just be a fantasy. Time will tell. But I for one will certainly not be counting on it. Medinah has broken my heart too many times to count…

1 Like

I totally agree with you…time for some answers! We have been played the fool for way too long with this investment (if we can call it that).

2 Likes

Sorry for the bluntness, it’s just the situation we’ve found ourselves in at this point. I’d defer back to Baldy’s post earlier for what I believe is a reasonable assessment of the current state of affairs. The prolonged silence from Auryn makes it difficult for shareholders to “round up” optimistically with any degree of confidence. Until that changes, there’s just not a lot to go on.

2 Likes

What concerns me too is no word from Masglas on the PDAC conference. No highlights from that event to share?

2 Likes

exactly put it up on facebook throw us a friggin bone already!

1 Like

Some here may find this interesting…

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5404/text

3 Likes

The US Depository at Fort Knox had it’s last full audit in 1953. I would expect to see an audit of the Fed before I see H.R.5404 enacted!

SEC. 3. DISCLOSURE OF HOLDING.
During the 30-month period following the date of enactment of this Act, the United States Government shall take timely and reasonable steps to disclose all of its holdings of gold, together with a contemporaneous report of any United States governmental purchases or sales, thus enhancing the ability of the market and of market participants to arrive at the fixed dollar-gold parity in an orderly fashion.

Yes interesting … but I’m not holding my breath to see an audit of the Fed either.

Latest gold reserves statistics and some interesting reading:

1978 - The IMF attempts to write gold out of the system

In the late 1970s, the United States led an attempt to remove gold from the international monetary system. The Second Amendment of the International Monetary Fund’s articles was intended to achieve this aim by barring members from fixing their exchange rates to gold and removing the obligation on members to conduct transactions in gold at the officially mandated price.

The amendment followed the failure of previous attempts to establish a new international monetary system, including the inability of European countries to force the United States to either settle its deficit in gold, or else devalue the dollar against gold.

Not only did the United States refuse to keep gold in the system, it then led a crusade against gold—while being careful to keep a very large strategic stock of gold in its own reserves, sealed off from the outside world.

Symbolising the plan to drive gold out of the system, the IMF was instructed to dispose of 50 million ounces of its gold stock of 153 million ounces. It achieved this partly by sales to the market and partly by giving some gold to members.

Ironically, this exercise had the effect of spreading gold much more widely through the international community than ever before, and gave many countries a new interest in the gold market. Few countries showed any inclination to sell the gold handed to them, and in the vast majority…

1 Like

Well unfortunately you were right the server fees were probably not paid as both websites are up and no change. Maybe they are right on the other board about claims being auctioned.

2 Likes

Interesting read. I think it bodes well for us. http://www.mining.com/juniors-struggle-compete-majors-exploration-chiles-mining-society/

2 Likes

Can anyone shed light on what TheRod was noting and asking last Nov for the Quarterly report ending Sept 30, 2017? I’ll raise the question again as it appears for the 2nd time in the current Annual Report:

Item 5. Financial Statements
The Company’s financials for the period ending December 31, 2017 are incorporated by reference, to be posted on OTCIQ.com.

Check what the OTCIQ appears to be designed for here:
https://otciq.com/home
It appears the portal is primarily designed to provide OTCQX and OTCQB companies access to news, compliance and communications solutions via the OTCIQ portal.

The yield sign indicates the financials are yet to be filed. Disappointing! I agree that the silence and lack of timely filings by MDMN and CDCH does not leave much for shareholders to go on. Without news there is only low expectations and speculation.

Despite much of the negativity expressed recently on this forum there is the possibility that AURYN is actually taking the necessary steps to move to a higher tier or exchange and complying with certain regulatory requirements for the eventual filing as a foreign issuer. AURYN was originally reputed to be a long range planner coming up with pragmatic solutions to difficult problems. From the Item 5. Financial Statements it appears definite that CDCH applied for and signed up for an OTCIQ account. To what purpose? Is the subscription a preliminary step for accessing the EDGAR Filing Service and Software? Is this in preparation for audited financials to be forthcoming in the next year for a move to higher tier or exchange? I recall previously reading and posting that a year of audited financials would be required for a foreign issuer to move onto the OTCQB or OTCQX, in addition to meeting certain other eligibility standards. Wasn’t this the stated goal after consolidation of the capital structure and changing the name of the company? Without any further news this is a best case optimistic speculation. IMO
Realistically, I don’t see that happening before next year.

3 Likes

Can someone please explain to me why we always get these tiny trades on the bid? I assume to make the stock price look even more pathetic than it actually is. It just gets old…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about them. Over the course of years what have they mattered? When they are painted up, bashers point at it as painting the tape to give the impression that the stock is more bullish than it really is. Conversely, when it is painted down, longs will cry foul that someone is trying to paint the tape to make the stock appear weaker than it is. In the grand scheme of things when has it ever mattered? All stocks eventually trade where the market of buyers and sellers meet. All that matters is where you bought it and where you sell it. The rest is just noise.

5 Likes