MDMN - 2016-02-01 Weekly Discussion

The US dollar has topped, US economic growth for the fourth quarter anemic (.07 not even 1%),U.S. ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI Falls To 53.5% In January, Yellen big mistake raising rates in December while other countries are introducing negative rates, no rate increases this year so what does this mean? gold will have excellent years ahead.

1 Like

If you want to zoom in a little bit into Figure 1 on todays AMC PR you can see how linear the arrangement is of those high grade moly showings. The line extends to the NNW. If you continue up the page (NNW) you smack into the Gordon breccia. If you go a little further NNW you run into the Merlin 1 Vein which continues across the plateau heading NNW until it runs into the ultra high gold grade Caren Mine. This is one extremely straight linear arrangement of very high grade ore.

Obviously there was a large crack in the rocks here ( a “fault”) that apparently went all of the way across the mountain in a NNW fashion and provided a pathway for metal bearing hydrothermal fluids to make it to surface where they cooled and the metals the fluids contained got deposited. An earlier PR of AMC cited how the Merlin 1 Vein was “vectoring” towards the Pegaso Nero mineralization. This geochemical surface sampling definitely confirmed this observation. This is nice when you have Mother Nature concentrating all of the goodies in a nice linear array as opposed to a “widely disseminated” deposit.

Where this Fig. 1 says “Moly zone” you can see where those very large red balls start to line up going E to W. This looks like another fault line. Just to the left of those 2 red balls that touch each other you see 3 squares half filled in. These are “adits” drifted by artisanal miners that were chasing down this high grade ore. They did all of the heavy lifting in diagnosing where the goodies were concentrated. This area where the 2 fault lines intersect might represent yet another extremely high grade early production opportunity. Keep in mind that this is occurring right at surface and not a kilometer or two below surface which is the norm.

We got lucky at the Caren/Merlin/Fortuna Vein area in that the mountain experienced just enough erosion to expose these veins yet keep the vertical structures intact with the carbonate layer remaining untouched. The same thing appears to have occurred at Medinah’s Pegaso Nero area that is pictured. AMC’s PR cites “this VERY WELL DEFINED STRUCTURALLY CONTROLLED ALTERATION SYSTEM…”. The “structure” (a lineal fault) “controls” where the metals got deposited.

Recall that Perez’s hyper-spectral satellite imaging survey detected a 7 Km long swath of about a dozen intrusives oriented in a SW to NE fashion along this very same southern downslope off of the plateau. This faulting would be at about 90-degrees to the NNW lineal fault.

This particular press release sure ties things together nicely. We already knew that we had a Cu/Au type porphyry structure over at the LDM. Nuoco hit that at the “Level 70” workings beneath the LDMC adit. It was hosted in Andesitic rock with an “Ocoite” texture (from the Veta Negro formation). Now we have the Cu/Mo type porphyry hosted in granodioritic rock at the Pegaso Nero. Most singular porphyry systems have a diameter of about 1.5 Km. This twin porphyry system looks to be more on the scale of about 7 Km in diameter. This represents a very, very large amount of tonnage. Next we need to get a feel for the average grade to expect across this district.

It will be interesting to see how AMC develops this project. They’re definitely going to go hard on the early production opportunities. That’s a given with the grades being encountered. But what do they do on the porphyry scale in the meantime? Might they slow play the blocking out of gazillions of ounces of MR/MR in order to be able to fund things by themselves or do they bring in the heavy artillery and go deep?

5 Likes

Doc’s post about the bulldozer caused me to go back through memory (or should I say nightmare) lane! Too bad the History Professor isn’t here to give this lesson! :smile:

Medinah Enters the Scene – This is the very first mention of Medinah in the LP family of companies. They participated in a project that NPEC (NPER) was involved in. (6/30/97)

Medinah with 100M Authorized / 40M issued – A post by some naive moron who thought he understood how the markets worked! Obviously a fool who didn’t know a thing about mining or how he was being played. (8/20/97)

Start of ADL Acquisition Negotiations – Only 40M shares out when we first started negotiations on the ADL. (1/7/98)

Announcement of ADL Drill Program – Can you believe the first ADL drilling was announced over 17 years ago? (9/14/98)

Purchase of ADL / LDM – MDIN closes 1998 the option with JJ and purchases the ADL and LDM properties. (4/14/99)

Either stupidity or amazing perseverance for those of us who’ve been here through all of this!!! Crazy.

8 Likes

You’re right, Kevin. Just looking at the web pages, fonts, graphics etc… you can immediately see it is oooooold… Jurassic Park I rather say! :grin: :joy: :sweat_smile: :laughing:

Naive, we actually believed "they " would do what “they” said.
It was a paper game, not a mining play, in spite of the A.C.A. Howe report. June 27,2000 http://www.thefreelibrary.com/A.C.A.+Howe+International+Gives+‘Thumbs+Up’+to+Alto+de+Lipangue+and…-a062992023

Jeopardy
Question
What a Medinah shareholder looks like after getting kicked in the DISCONNECT for 18 years[quote=“brecciaboy, post:254, topic:836”]
what are “those very large red balls”
[/quote]
…sorry

2 Likes

Does anyone remember the story of the broke down truck on the mountain?

How about the core samples being stolen from the storage container?

How about Les had the limousine is ready?

I’ve been here for 7 years so I bet Kevin Handshake has even better ones

3 Likes

Oh yes.

In fact the guy that stole the drill core, somehow got ahold of my phone number and proceeded to cuss me out, threaten me, and demanded that I contact Medinah to tell them to pay up. He is also the same guy that took the money that was suppose to go to pay the drillers into his own pocket and then proceeded to blow it on cocaine! (pun intended)

1 Like

Yea, sadly there were documents destroyed at the World Trade Center, Hurricane X, …Maybe we can start a list so there’s no way to repeat any B.S. excuses. The worst part was that shareholders stayed invested, allowing this paper shuffle to continue without a blink. Finally a switch from paper to reality on the mountain.

Congratulations to those who are still here. We can see daylight, even diluted daylight. A sigh of relief might be heard coast to coast this time around.
Peter

3 Likes

If you want to really appreciate how much damage has been inflicted to the overall confidence/credibility of this management/mountain, all one needs to do is look at the price action in CDCH. There has been zero volume or price movement in the three days following the announcement (by Auryn and MDMN) that Cerro’s assets have been sold. Les has told dozens of shareholders that CDCH holders will be VERY pleased with the offer and yet nobody is even willing to buy a few thousand dollars worth of stock on the possibility of doubling, tripling, quadrupling (etc.) their money in a week with a DONE deal already announced. Would Les or anybody expect a deal at these prices to be fair and acceptable? So why isn’t the stock at 2 cents plus?

Confounding ain’t it? Maybe we can blame it on the market makers?

9 Likes

John have the Days given you any answers when we might expect the release of news on Cerro

TRUE STORY

I have only been here for four-plus years (fifty-one months, if you’re keeping score at home), but here are my two greatest hits:

— By early 2012, I had already rounded second base with Medinah (some of my early purchases were under eight cents, and the share price had once shot up above 16 cents) and I thought I was headed for third, but I lost my virginity when I was passed confidential off-board information said to have come from someone with “deep, deep sources inside the company.” Here was the communication: “Oh, didn’t you hear? Ulander came back from China with a boatload of money! We’re golden.”

— So I was already fairly well-innoculated for The Episode of December 2012 (as I recall — but the years are certainly blurring together, even for a relative short-timer like me). Parts of The Episode may have actually been true — I do not know — but not for an instant did I believe a word of it. At that time, a respected, straight-up member of this chat board (I haven’t seen his name here for what seems like a couple of years now) used to submit written questions to Les, via text, and Les would reply, via text, and the respected member of this board would post them here, usually verbatim, for all of us to consider through whatever individual Les-filter each of us has developed. First, there was a lot of kamboomish hullabaloo about an upcoming trip to Chile, from which Les boasted he would not return until a big cash bonanza had been turned over to him and MDMN! Then, when Les was said to be in Chile, we got a series of communications saying that his return date was being moved back, and then moved back further. Etc. And then radio signals grew alarmingly weak, and then even weaker, and then they seemed to blink completely off. And THEN came an urgent communication that was posted to theminingplay (and again, in case you’re wondering, I am NOT making any of this up!), saying that Les had fallen down a stairway (was it a back stairway?) of a hotel in Santiago as he was on the way to The Most Important Meeting (it was either with Ulander or his representatives or the notario or some damn thing, I can’t remember) and now JJ was right this very minute driving Les to the emergency room and could they please count on all of our prayers, many of which were quickly posted on theminingplay. Although none by me. There was, I noticed, never a retraction or a followup explanation or any further mention whatsoever of the “not-coming-home-without-cash” boast.

Given that background, everything that has happened here during the past three years has been utterly believable.

Only a bunch of madmen would stick with a stock like this one!

— madmen

2 Likes

Or we can take a look at the poll thrown up this afternoon with how long people have owned Medinah. Not one less than 2 years. Not a good sign

Well my question is where is Handshake?

Feb 03, 2016 18:27 NY Time

Bid/Ask 1142.00 / 1143.00
Low/High 1123.70 / 1146.50
Change -0.40 -0.04%
30daychg +67.60 +6.29%
1yearchg -118.10 -9.37%
Alerts Charts

http://medinahandcerro.freeforums.org/

There’s a lot of old shareholders that have moved on. I really liked WMO 767 Bill he always told us like it is. Maybe he might jump back in if he hasn’t already.

The man even flew down to Chile to meet JJ to get answers for us shareholders. Wish I was able to meet him two AGM’s ago

4 Likes

Hand hasn’t posted since July. The old medinahandcerro board hasn’t had a post since last November

As far as I know he sold his position and he is not looking back.

I also remember he posted on Vince’s board and was mod there. Some shareholders on that board had a position in Medinah sold shares to move into a stock called MPIX. I hope he wasn’t one of them