MDMN - 2016-02-15 Weekly Discussion

Yeah!
They actually will have another AGM and be sure to bring your favorite bread for all the “Crow Sandwiches” that you will need to eat!!!:money_mouth_face::yum:

1 Like

That’s my point and every week we see things changing for the better. As long as they are changing for the better then the damage is being repaired as opposed to being damaged beyond repair. That said, statements like “This investment is damaged beyond repair.” offers nothing toward moving forward in a positive way, it just continues to cause some here to lose all confidence in that forward movement.

3 Likes

Need a good laugh? Here you go.

IRS Auditor Tries To Challenge This Man. What Followed Is A Stroke Of Genius.

The IRS decides to audit Grandpa, and summons him to the IRS office. The IRS auditor was not surprised when Grandpa showed up with his attorney. The auditor said, ‘Well, sir, you have an extravagant lifestyle and no full-time employment, which you explain by saying that you win money gambling. I’m not sure the IRS finds that believable.’

‘I’m a great gambler, and I can prove it,’ says Grandpa. ‘How about a demonstration?’

The auditor thinks for a moment and says, ‘Okay. Go ahead. ‘

Grandpa says, ‘I’ll bet you a thousand dollars that I can bite my own eye.’

The auditor thinks a moment and says, ‘It’s a bet.’

Grandpa removes his glass eye and bites it. The auditor’s jaw drops.

Grandpa says, ‘Now, I’ll bet you two thousand dollars that I can bite my other eye.’

The auditor can tell Grandpa isn’t blind, so he takes the bet.

Grandpa removes his dentures and bites his good eye. The stunned auditor now realizes he has wagered and lost three grand, with Grandpa’s attorney as a witness. He starts to get nervous.

‘Want to go double or nothing?’ Grandpa asks ‘I’ll bet you six thousand dollars that I can stand on one side of your desk, and pee into that wastebasket on the other side, and never get a drop anywhere in between.’

The auditor, twice burned, is cautious now, but he looks carefully and decides there’s no way this old guy could possibly manage that stunt, so he agrees again. Grandpa stands beside the desk and unzips his pants, but although he strains mightily, he can’t make the stream reach the wastebasket on the other side, so he pretty much urinates all over the auditor’s desk.

The auditor leaps with joy, realizing that he has just turned a major loss into a huge win. But Grandpa’s own attorney moans and puts his head in his hands.

‘Are you okay?’ the auditor asks.

‘Not really,’ says the attorney. ‘This morning, when Grandpa told me he’d been summoned for an audit, he bet me twenty-five thousand dollars that he could come in here and pee all over your desk and that you’d be happy about it.’

13 Likes

Any current guesses as to when news will come out on anything meaningful to shareholders?

For me, “meaningful” means permanently price altering.

My guess is nothing truly meaningful will occur until mid April sometime when it is rumored that LP will be returning to Chile. The guess is that this trip will be to conclude and notarize the final option agreement that AMC will exercise to fully consolidate the Altos de Lipangue mining district.

From AURYN’s about page . . .

The Company has one remaining option agreement with Medinah Mining Chile (MMC). The remaining option agreement can be exercised at any time at the sole discretion of AURYN.

The focus will be on exploiting the recently discovered Caren-Merlin high-grade gold veins and the historical Fortuna de Lampa mine site.

At the same time, AURYN will continue to explore the property, focusing on the Pegaso Nero (Copper-Moly area), and continue its drilling program on the recently acquired properties.

Visit the website at www.aurynmining.com.

1 Like

Well Kevin , in the grand scheme of things or looking at the big picture, to wait until April for some meaningful news , after already waiting for many, many years, it is no big deal for me personally.
But with that being said, I would still appreciate some news about the CDCH transaction, which I realize is supposed to be released any day now.
And I would love to get some explanation soon about Auryn’s strategy and progress in purchasing MDMN shares.
And I would like to say thanks to the wiser posters who are trying to shed some light on and try to explain this recent bout of increased buying/selling. It is all very stimulating but without any significant SP appreciation, extremely puzzling and frustrating to say the least but what odds, things are still progressing .

1 Like

The rants, while understandable, have been proven to be both pointless and counterproductive countless times. If you’re frustrated, put your hand through a wall…it’s going to do no good posting diatribes on this board.

Tomorrow morning…

At least tomorrow is better than next week :weary:

Kevin, is again right. Meaningful news means permanently price altering…hmmmm…where have I heard that before? Meaningful can only mean, some/all ownership transfer of MDMN to Auryn, as well, full control to Auryn. For anyone to think differently, after 60M shares traded and the stock price stayed “range bound”, you are refusing to accept reality.

I kinda feel like the attorney!

Look, he sold his shares based on the information available. So it was the right thing for that seller to do. If this or that or something else was said publicly, doesn’t matter, doesn’t apply, because it wasn’t said. We only have what has been said.

News should be out next week by Auryn, we read it and we all go from there. I do expect it to be positive news. Either assay’s or production talk or drilling plans. Maybe a little of all three?

But Auryn is committed, and in time the share price will work itself out.

Who named anyone here God? Sheesh. Like anybody knows anything. People should just STFU and tell jokes…come to think of it…we’re in one at the moment. NOBODY, repeat NOBODY, has a clue about reality here. So if you think you know what reality is, you’re probably as delusional as the next guy who thinks HE knows what reality is.

3 Likes

“We expect it to be cash flow positive that will supplement AMC’s exploration efforts and ultimate exercise of the JV Mining Option Agreement, with MMC," added AMC’s Executive Chairman.

I sometimes wonder if Auryn has lost interest in chasing the other 15%. It may have become too troublesome for them since JJ didn’t cooperate in giving them a jump start. The above statement implies that they have limited cash. That they are looking for mining production to supplement the funding of their exploration and exercising the option and not a wad of cash that’s sitting around somewhere or an IPO (well come to think of it that’s what it says).

If they have limited cash they may put a $1 into the ground before they put $1 in the market. They can buy all the stock they want and be like us – Medinah stuckholders or leverage what they have and end up owing 85% of an incredible producing mine.

I understand that looking in from the outside taking control appears to be cheaper – but I have to take them at their word - their ultimate goal is to exercise the option. In my opinion Auryn’s not going to be our savior through market purchases or a TO. What’s going to save us is when we share in the cash flow they produce. “AMC expects to start production this year on the exposed high grade veins”. When it becomes real that this will be a “dividend machine” is when the stock price will turn around. Looking forward to seeing what our share of production will be.

3 Likes

A $0.01 annual dividend that one can count on from a $0.02 stock is meaningful. :wink:

3 Likes

Very very meaningful. That would be great and be able to keep all our shares and sell off some if we need to. All IMHO