MDMN - 2016-02-15 Weekly Discussion

Claros Cayman broker?

The corollary of that would be that all of the selling into that forced buy in was just randomn shareholders selling into a known BID. You agree with that? Else there had to be a big seller arranged to sell into the forced buy in and one would assume that would not be Claro if it was his broker forced to buy in after selling all his shares.

This morning didn’t really look like random shareholders to me - 8M worth selling into a 10000 BID. It looked very pre-arranged from the open.

But the evidence for any theory is pretty thin so we’ll just have to live with whatever it was. {Shoulder shrug}

2 Likes

BTG Pactual.

They have branch office in Santiago just down the street from Juan’s office I believe.

I think that office then had the certs moved to here:

https://www.btgpactual.com/cayman/about.aspx

Then somehow sold out of different entity in New York…that part I don’t understand.

For those that don’t know…BTG pactual was probably the most scandal racked firm in S. American in 2015. Only Claro would be stupid enough to be involved with them.

Unfortunately, it appears we may have underestimated the number of shares that Claro has to sell. It appears possible that he has access to some of Juan’s shares which he also might be selling.

Wow Juanito being taken to the cleaners too

This family affair gets better by the day

I’m not speculating on the seller one way or another. I’m more focused on the source of the 60 million share buyer. It’s definitely feasible that the selling and buying were coordinated. If the 60 million share buyer is filled and doesn’t reappear it’s safe to assume they weren’t a “natural” buyer (is the point I’m trying to make).

The origin of the selling is an impossible speculation. We simply can’t rely on anything coming from Les that relates to buying/selling. He’s NEVER had a handle on the price action and, IMO, the “London Group” and other institutions he refers to are as real as Santa Claus. Institutions do not deal with people like Les.

2 Likes

Remember that info is for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered factual.

I don’t think Medinah has visibility of the seller. Rather, everything points to Claro via the process of elimination. Only a few small handful of entities/individuals could sell that much into the market and other possibilities are easy to rule out.

Which goes back to your question yesterday whether the price will hold up once the buying is done. But now you can not even tell when that is as long as millions of shares can go into a BID showing 10,000 or 110,000 (cute). This current ploy could just be to make you think the volume buying has stopped. Maybe he has re-loaded behind the mask and just doesn’t want to show it. Again, quite displeasing.

1 Like

Is it possible Auryn put official or unofficial requirement out regarding the downsizing of Juan/Claros share position prior to the execution of the option agreement?

I know there is a lot of conjecture here about Claro selling, but what if the story is correct that Claro did not sell but that he allow his shares/certificates to be deposited in a margin account, which gave his broker the right to short those shares. Then suppose Claro wanted those certificates back and the broker had to cover his short in order to deliver those certificates. The broker probably had a nice profit from the short and worked with other broker to complete is buy back of the short. That could explain what we just witnessed a consorted effort by a few brokers to cover a short without moving the price of the stock up dramatically. This is of course all conjecture on my part but the pieces do seem to fit nicely together. If my guess is correct the next move would be for Claro to sell those certificates to Auryn as soon as everything settles, clears, and he once again has the certificates in hand. JMO

4 Likes

I dont dispute that Claro is selling, however why his dad is letting him do it knowing that the ground holds billions of dollars? Isnt that odd?

No, it’s not possible unless you explain another seller besides Claro. Also, we already know why it wasn’t done at a higher price with Auryn. JJ refused to sell to Auryn. Rumor is Claro wanted to. Auryn wanted the whole thing, not only Claro’s portion. So Claro dumps.

Look, you’re asking the wrong people. You keep asking us and all we can do is speculate. You’re not going to get answers that are guaranteed and even if you did, you won’t be satisfied with them. So instead of belaboring the issue here, go to those that might know. Nobody who posts here knows definitively.

2 Likes

Really? He’s an adult with a very dysfunctional relationship with his father and has been hearing for years how valuable the property is.

1 Like

It’s a possibility Karl, but then where did the 60 million real shares of selling come from?

1 Like

Karl,

A simpler potential explanation…his broker via the slimy CDEL shorted 60 million shares when he saw Claro deposit a 60 million share cert. The broker then put up the block to cover and Claro has sold into it as the broker originally guessed.