MDMN - 2016-02-22 Weekly Discussion

Don, not sure I fully I understand what you saying, but any offshore brokerage firm either has to be fully registered as a SRO (Self-Regulatory Organization) with Finra, as broker/dealers are, or transact trades through a SRO. So any trades made with have to been under the guidelines/regulations set by Finra.

It could be CDEL shorting our stock and making millions on the short. There is an article about CDEL shorting OXYS continuingly and the price went from 1.20 to .17. ". . . We believe that through a combination of improper activities, these shorts have set about systematically destroying OXYS share price-the stock has declined uncontrollably and precipitously to an an all time low of $.17 per share on January 25,2016,a loss of almost 86%, while all at the same time the company’s fundamentals have been growing(sales, growth, market shares. . . )

That quote statement is from OXYS councel to the SEC.

pulled it.

Trading is dead today. Kind of refreshing. Hopefully telling.

1 Like

Nah we still have a seller routing through CDEL just not hitting the BID

Hi MDMNholder,

The problem here has always been the porous nature of “sponsored access”. Offshore brokers are allowed access to our “Alternative Trading Systems” (Non-exchange trading venues like ours) via “sponsored access” wherein a market participant lends the use of his MPID (market participant identifier) to an offshore broker. This allows him to “pigtail” orders into our markets without the risk control scrutiny that legitimate market participants must use.

When they get busted, the “sponsor” says Oh I thought our offshore client had all of the controls barring naked short selling in place. Shame on them. The offshore crooks say, Oh we figured our “sponsor” was making sure our trades were hunkie doorie with your country’s rules.

The process goes undetected especially if an ECN is used as an intermediary. There’s this thing called a “Consolidated Audit Trail” that can’t be followed if an ECN is used as an intermediary. The clearance and settlement system is getting slightly better with time but Reg SHO never addressed the failures to deliver that were on the books at the time Reg SHO became effective in 2005. They got “grandfathered in” instead. Now the crooks need to shuffle these ancient FTDs around constantly to different clearing firms. I think it was HR or CHG that pointed out how one prominent MM’s activities from month to month mysteriously went down by 5.7 million shares and lo and behold another MM’s activities spiked by the same amount.

1 Like

Not to argue the point, but I believe the grandfather clause was lifted a few years ago. Also, I forget what big broker it was that was busted 2-3 years, shut down many of the loopholes and Finra has stepped enforcement, particularly of SRO’s facilitating trades for off shore entities.

Obviously, I don’t believe in NSS but having said that, in terms of nominee accounts at offshore brokers, I am sure illegal trades still happen, not NSS, but control blocks being doled out to numerous nominee accounts and sold into the market.

The issue will always remain, as is the case with Wall Street. The Feds can always close a loophole, but the folks on the street are smarter and will always devise another strategy.

1 Like

Hi no doubt,

The other thing we have, however, is recent history. On the Nuoco and Cerro purchases the options were never exercised. On the Caren I’m not even sure if there ever was an option. I do suspect that Medinah will get at least 15% of the action at the Caren since they allowed AMC to “poach” a contiguous property that Medinah, via a standard noncircumvention agreement, would have had “first dibs” on. Whatever the terms are and whatever the management teams of those 3 entities learned during the negotiations, all 3 sure seemed to vote yes in a hurry.

Question #1 becomes do the factors that resulted in the bypassing of the option terms for these other entities also apply to Medinah. Question #2 becomes what did the other 3 entities learn that made them vote yes so quickly. Does it have something to do with the pro forma projections for the cash flow coming from the early production opportunities? Recall that Medinah recently said something regarding how the early production opportunities have opened up the possibility of Medinah getting a much larger share in AMC. AMC recently said something about the early cash flow being helpful to expand developments leading to the EVENTUAL exercising of the option. But as far as we know, AMC is in line to earn NOTHING from Medinah’s ADL early production opportunities UNTIL they have some “ownership” OR HAVE COME TO SOME TYPE OF NEW AGREEMENT.

These two statements appear to contradict each other UNLESS Medinah is contemplating swapping a piece of their early production opportunities (temporarily?) for more ownership points in AMC. If AMC is about to go public then some serious production numbers IN AMC’s NAME might be very helpful to them and therefore INDIRECTLY helpful to Medinah. Things are going to get fuzzier and fuzzier in between where Medinah ends and where AMC starts. AMC could “claw back” these extra ownership percentage points in AMC given to Medinah in an INDIRECT fashion by simply buying Medinah’s ridiculously cheap shares especially in bulk form from the Quijanos who they’re not too fond of in the first place. This Quijano block is super important to AMC because it kills two birds with one stone. It’s not only a CONTROL block but it also signifies an exit for the Quijanos. All of these hypotheses have the common denominator that AMC should be all over Medinah’s market but perhaps only once the Quijano block is once and for all addressed. This becomes a critical MILESTONE.

With Medinah holding what appears to be the lion’s share of the early production opportunities, I’m wondering if they’re waiting on the engineering report to further define the value of what exactly Medinah owns from a near term cash flow point of view using a discounted cash flow analysis.

These things called mining “options” are often bypassed once the offeror and optionee have a better feeling for the value of the property. The option often acts as a “placeholder contract” until mutually agreeable terms are reached once the “target definition” process is far enough along to properly ascribe values.

To me the elephant in the room on this deal is the “AMC owns NOTHING until the option is exercised” clause. The corollary appears to be that Medinah pays NOTHING in exploration and development costs until the option is exercised (if ever?). If you layer upon that high grade near surface early production opportunities as a catalyst then things can happen rather quickly. I sense that the early production opportunities were not specifically addressed in the earlier agreements and now they have become the GAME CHANGER. Once we have some projected cash flow numbers then we’ll have a better feel for how daunting the $100 million purchase price really is in terms of months/years of AMC’s portion of near surface high grade gold production.

I’m not sure those that are reading into this situation that more AMC percentage points translates into less cash is accurate as it was stated that the early production opportunities provided the opportunity for more AMC percentage points. What I think is critical to appreciate is the role of significant cash flow right from the get go on the economics of the overall project. We’ll see.

1 Like

Mike Gold are we still to be expecting News from Auryn. You stated last week it was ready to be released.

The show starts in 2 weeks I think they will want to release more info by then. Don’t you think

They might have arrived back in Peru today. If so, news should follow very shortly.

2 Likes

Might? What are chances of Might Not? I hope they release something of value this week but who knows

1 Like

Not correct. And again, I think AMC is capable of chewing gum and walking. The website can be updated regardless of where any principles or directors of AMC happen to be. So it’s irrelevant where anyone is.

9 Likes

Doc, if you read the contract, MDMN allows Auryn to make acquire any claims, contiguous of not, and in fact requires MDMN to assist them in acquiring the claims.

1 Like

Along with what mdmnholder responded, per LP (secondhand) MDMN is to get 5% net of costs from Caren. (ymmv re: this info.) I believe that goes away once option is exercised and we have 15% initial stake in AMC.

3 Likes

I really stromgly recommend everyone read the option agreement as many things posted are not as stated in the agreement. For those that don’t usually deal in contracts, I would make the observation that it was obviously drafted by Auryn and in their favor. Indications of such, is the ability of Auryn to pick up adjacent claims and require MDMN to assist; Requires MDMN to pay the Claims fees, but the real kicker is, if they don’t exercise the option, they are required to provide all the exploration data, but it will uncertified. Meaning MDMN or the next partner, let’s hope not, would have to redo all the work for it to comply with 43-101, JORC or Section 7 guidelines.

I only mention this to show what little leverage MDMN had in the beginning and obviously, there was not a long line of majors bidding on the property.

We are in Auryn’s hands, IMO, they are reputable, know what they are doing, and most likely don’t want legal complications. Hence, we will be treated fairly, at least in their eyes.

While not ideal, Auryn is doing the right things in terms of exploration and have spent the money we never had. Let’s just hope we all get a fair return.

7 Likes

Capable yes…but funny that no news comes out when they are on travel status.