MDMN - 2016-02-22 Weekly Discussion

Went to the history book and pulled this for those who want some entertainment

2 Likes

I had to shut it off early. Started reaching for the buy button.

Lean, truly, with all due respect (you bring a lot here)…you’ve made that point often enough that we really DO GET IT. The rants we’ve sustained for five, ten, fifteen years for transparency have done nothing to inch us closer to that goal…let 'er go. It is what it is.

1 Like

Unbelievable!! I was there in front row with MG on my right and 4 years later we are trading sub .02 cents.

Andy2, I wouldn’t call that “entertainment”…

1 Like

Thank you Lean

Who would of thought right Roberto

1 Like

Lean, Auryn does not need to own the shares. They only need to own the voting rights. What if they released JJ from the sale and accepted his voting rights instead to suing him any further? :wink: :wink:

Okay…taking a break until after PDAC.

I’m gearing up for the long haul. The price isn’t going to do a thing until the option is exercised with real cash or a clear demonstration of cash flow through early production. moo

3 Likes

If you take a breathe and read my points you would find the answers to your questions. The risk in not collecting the other $80M would present itself if we don’t go into production or don’t produce enough to recoup the $80M that would need to be clawbacked. If you don’t think there is massive risk in going into production you need to do a little homework. I would much rather take $100M and let the other 15% be used to capture any upside.

No, I don’t see a lot of risk in receiving the $100M (by July of next year) if MDMN sticks to their guns and/or Auryn comes up with a TO. To your point, Auryn has already spent too much time and money to bail on our option. This SHOULD create a 7 cent floor if the market was convinced the contract wasn’t going to change (as in your hypothetical). If we see things through to production, and require X amount of ounces to make up any difference ( $ forward vs. $100M in contract) the risk profile is totally different (which is why we are currently trading well below 7 cents).

Why would we be trading at 6 cents instead of 2 cents? If, using the hypothetical above, we used the $20M “advanced” to buyback stock, we wouldn’t have $20M anymore. So with 900 million shares outstanding what would allow us to hold a $54M market cap at 6 cents?

My point being, there are a lot of “plans” that get thrown against the wall and there is a reason many/most of them don’t stick. An advancement of $$ in exchange for a larger piece of production would NOT necessarily be a positive for us. We’ve already covered why it wouldn’t be in Auryn’s best interest to let MDMN buyback stock vs. buy shares in the open-market.

2 Likes

[quote=“funnyman, post:94, topic:952, full:true”]
Sorry Rick, I made a mistake. I wrongly thought that IHUB was the trash forum where MDMN always historically got trashed.[/quote]
Funnyman - no need to apologize…it still is. I still moderate there, though I don’t know why I bother anymore. Old habits die slow I guess. It is essentially the same 5 posters whining and fear-mongering back and forth with a sprinkling of bashers. Then every now and then you get an old basher who reconstitutes with a new moniker.

[quote=“TexHorn, post:109, topic:952, full:true”]
OT but I want to thank Rick again for the MUX call! At least one of my investments is enjoying the pop in gold.
[/quote] You’re welcome Tex. I love MUX like no other. I will ride Rob McEwen’s coattails into a happy retirement.

Yes, I remember being there a decade or so ago. It is good that you are there for balance ,for the good side. Those bashers are bad. So keep up the good work.

But it is too bad that the bashers must be getting some ammunition from these delays in any more news about what happened at the latest meetings or the Cerro transaction details etc. . It is stupid rediculous to say the least but where does whining get you.

It is good to hear that John will be going head to head with the Days next week and looking for answers. And hopefully they realize that everything that has transpired will definitely be put under a microscope. So it better be done right.

1 Like

Was there some type of news today?

That’s an easy question to answer. We are at 7 cents (or 350% at a minimum from current levels). I’ll take the $100m all day every day. However I, and the market, are clearly concerned that our illustrious BOD may go another route.

How long do we think “early production opportunities” will take? Ask Mdmnblog who seems to have some actual experience. We’re looking at 6 months at a minimum and many, many more months after that to start generating the types of ounces per year (run rate) to come even close to paying MDMN $10’s of millions in cash flow to make up for whatever we give up on the $100M (even if we get 100% of it). When you start to focus on the numbers and timelines. $100M next July starts looking very appealing. A TO even more so

1 Like

Auryn is still on travel status so my expectations for news remains low but they could surprise.

Various rumors continue to indicate that Auryn is going full bore towards starting production.

2 Likes

This board is divided in two groups:

1. take the money at .07 - .10 and run when the opportunity comes along because the fundamentals, capex, market, etc… tells you to do so.

2. The other group want’s to hold on longer because they believe in the mountain and one day the SP will be north of .07 - .10.

Although I have plenty of shares and I will make a tidy profit with option 1 I am more in the camp of option 2. There are plenty of analysts that offer their advise on fundamentals, etc… because this is the way they were taught in school and through out their life but that doesn’t mean that they are correct when they make this assessments, if that would be the case then they would be able to make millions if not billions in the markets but we know it just doesn’t happen like that. Sometimes you just don’t know how the market is going to react when there is a product/ service in high demand and what price the other person is willing to buy it from you.

So with the world economy going down the shitter (yes the US also) and zero interest rates already applied in some countries, gold will go up thus increasing the value of our mountain. The more the gold goes up the more someone would want to pay for our mountain and believe me some will be willing to pay much more than you think! If you don’t believe me below are facts that might change your mind.

Here’s a sampling of how junior gold stocks performed in the same period, along with the month each peaked.

Returns of Juniors in 1979-1980 Mania

Company Price on Price Date Return
Carolin Mines 12/29/1978 Peak of Peak

$3.10                        $57.00         Oct. 80                1,738.7%

Mosquito Creek Gold $0.70 $7.50 Oct. 80 971.4%

Northair Mines $3.00 $10.00 Oct. 80 233.3%

Silver Standard $0.58 $2.51 Mar. 80 332.8%

Lincoln Resources $0.78 $20.00 Oct. 80 2,464.1%

Lornex $15.00 $85.00 Oct. 80 466.7%

Imperial Metals $0.36 $1.95 Mar. 80 441.7%

Anglo-Bomarc Mines $1.80 $6.85 Oct. 80 280.6%

Avino Mines 0.33 5.5 Dec. 80 1,566.7%

Copper Lake $0.08 $10.50 Sep. 80 13,025.0%

David Minerals $1.15 $21.00 Oct. 80 1,726.1%

Eagle River Mines $0.19 $6.80 Dec. 80 3,478.9%

Meston Lake Resources $0.80 $10.50 Oct. 80 1,212.5%

Silverado Mines $0.26 $10.63 Oct. 80 3,988.5%

Wharf Resources $0.33 $9.50 Nov. 80 2,778.8%

Not to familiar with this editor so here’s the link…

1 Like