MDMN - 2016-05-16 Weekly Discussion

Big picture? The message is a new day for Medinah dawned with AMC/Masglas etc a few weeks ago, right? The controlling media here at TMP (and minus the Lesspeak) is a strong believer it’s a new day and that’s great. Wiz and all the in people here distribute confidence with JJ out and we’re all professional now and here on TMP there’s general support by many, of course with questioning exception(s) such as L&G, and his comments that should be warmingly not only welcomed but encouraged to avoid bias. So I’m neither saying I’m with Wiz or L&G, just saying we need both sides.

SO and considering all of the above, the confusing thing to me is that long discussed/argued “disconnect” from how the always correct market sees it compared to the .015 SP bottom feeding level regardless. Now the leading vocaliist here breccaboy on “disconnect” seems to have been stifled on this point and perhaps even righteously so. I think we should hear more on this but please, especially BaldEagle and please don’t take offense at me for my confusion or ignorance on the resolution of that issue, please understand maybe because I’m old or slow but I’m also neither supporting either side…can we keep hearing both sides, more on that issue too because, where SP is, VERY confusing to me.

Bottom line, the SP is rightfully valued here at .015 until we start seeing mining production? Really? If not, there is that " disconnect", am I right?

I don’t see any harm in that but, even if a shares cap is not formally stated, I am reassured by the fact
that Auryn was the one requesting Medinah to issue a shares cap of 1.5Bil shares.

Now you might say that with the new contract in place any previous agreement is null and void, nevertheless why should Auryn go against what they believed was the right thing to do back then when now they even have free financing for a year to cover all the immediate expenses?

1 Like

The SP is only confusing to those who believe there is a gigantic disconnect.

Until AMC goes into production and demonstrates the property has value, and MDMN is shown to benefit from that, and MDMN is clear in their reporting and debt issues, and the BOD question marks are resolved, I believe the market is at a reasonable (maybe somewhat low) price.

Once the above things begin to change, risk begins to be removed and the price begins to rise.

You can tell me there is a disconnect when when AMC is producing and MDMN is reporting with transparency and proper financial accounting and dividends are being distributed or at least forecasted and the price is still at $0.015. Until then, the only disconnect is people not understanding the reality of the market and thinking this should be trading much higher because of where we traded previously under the Amarant deal.

The market during Amarant deal was nothing but a penny stock momentum move that got played out during a BULL gold market. Although we’re in much, much better fundamental shape today, you cannot compare the market caps. It’s just not realistic.

I don’t know how many times the above needs to be said. But apparently people aren’t getting it or don’t understand it. Maybe I should stop trying.

^^^ by the way – that’s only my opinion, but I think if it was wrong and the stock was today (risk adjusted) worth $0.10, there would be A LOT more buy side volume. MDMN is not an unknown story. People know what’s going on and are watching. Build it and they will come.

7 Likes

I will suggest that the SP is rightfully valued here because no one is agressively buying faster that shares are being made available to sell. If this selling is because individuals are fed up with waiting on a higher share price, a concerted effort is working to spin shares between the bid and ask to create the allusion of selling in an effort to suppress the SP while accumulating shares, or some entity is simply selling short, it makes no difference at this time. Whatever the cause of the “disconnect” is, it will be corrected once dividends are announced. It’s possible that the disconnect exist only because the we think it exist, not because it should be higher but because that’s where we think it shoud be.

If you choose to fret the daily SP then you are subject to have a lot of fretful days in the near future. I find the current trading activities interesting but I have chosen to look forward with calm anticipation to the day when those dividends are announced. At that time the SP will begin to reflect its true value.

Did you see this post from CHG?

Highly recommended…

1 Like

Yes, I’d say we’re low and early… But early is shrinking every day here as AMC executes.

There’s no question we were wrong pre AMC days given the fundamentals of the JJ situation. Now we’re early.

BTW . . . this is MASGLAS’S counter-cyclical strategy.

+1 on the video

1 Like

Not to beat a dead horse, but I’m going to. Maybe now you can see why many of us think we’re reasonably valued (perhaps a little a low) based on all the known factors.

On one hand you’re complaining about how low the price is. It’s terrible. There’s a huge disconnect. We should be trading much higher.

On the other hand you’re saying we need to get off the pinks; we need to CAP the share issuance; we need to lower the authorized.

Do you not see the conflict in thinking the price should be higher yet also realizing the major red flags from the things you’re (correctly) asking to be done?

The history of MDMN, CDCH, NPER, bermuda short sting, Last Frontier, issue shares without accountability, reverse split (twice on NPER), disappearing shares of MDMN (from NPER) is all known. Until it’s demonstrably clear that there is no way that can happen with MDMN, it’s a very high risk bet.

Some of us may think it’s clear. Some of us are betting that it will become clear. But right now it’s not demonstrably clear.

Okay – I’m done. :slight_smile: Time to enjoy the nice weather.

2 Likes

Hi Dentman,

The abusive naked short selling issue has proven to be a very divisive topic on this forum because the participants most critical of management’s performance saw it as offering an excuse for low share prices that should more appropriately be placed on management’s shoulders. My advice would be to TRUST YOUR OWN GUT on your observations of market behavior AND CHART THE ANOMALIES YOU DETECT. The toughest part of doing due diligence on this particular project is to block out all of the interpersonal issues raised on a daily basis AND JUST STUDY THE HARD DATA especially that which when misrepresented there are repercussions like data dfound on press releases.

After the Quijanos were paid their 350 million shares for half of the action at the ADL you heard that Masglas/AMC put in a private bid for those shares. An announcement was made stating that a deal couldn’t be reached. Masglas/AMC previously announced that they had accumulated 150 million shares plus another 60 million from the Quijanos. The 150 million shares of buying was fairly easy to trace via the “time and sale” logs as being in between the 5 and 10-cent levels. Later we learned that a formal contract was entered into between Masglas/AMC and the Quijanos for a huge chunk of Quijano shares to be delivered in a paper-certificated format.

After the Quijanos received their 350 million shares a bunch of very agressive selling transpired. The sellers didn’t seem to care how much they were receiving for their sales as they pummeled away at the bid. THIS IS AN ANOMALY THAT NEEDS TO BE CHARTED. But if there was an offer on the table at the time which I believe an objective person would assume was well above the current market prices due partly to the Quijano’s stubbornness/greed and Masglas’s earlier willingness to pay 10-cents per share to some stranger they didn’t have issues with, then it didn’t make sense that the Quijanos would be wailing away at the bid with their new shares. They just cashed a check for the 60 million share sale of paper-certificated shares. Yet the consensus was that it was the Quijanos wailing away. TRUST YOUR GUT, something just didn’t resonate with that explanation. Some Quijano selling might make sense for liquidity purposes while waiting for the big check but not tons of selling in a very vindictive manner. Nobody thinks more of this deposit than JJ.

Later we learned that the Quijanos ended up depositing their shares at a very large bank in close proximity to either JJ and/or Claro’s Santiago office. This very large bank is in the middle of a scandal that just about brought down Brazil’s government recently. This bank also has a Cayman Island branch bought from a certain huge brokerage firm/bank famous for abusive naked short selling abuses. Is it the Quijano’s fault for depositing huge amounts of Medinah shares at a troubled bank with a Cayman Island affiliate with a history of NSS abuses? I can’t make a judgment call like that. I can’t guarantee that my shares haven’t been loaned out to short sellers in an illegal fashion.

Later a contract was entered into between the Quijanos and Masglas agreeing to sell a large block of shares at an agreed upon price. After that the rumor was circulated blaming the Quijanos for reneging on this contract and refusing to deliver (not being unable to deliver)the agreed upon paper-certificated shares. I don’t know for a fact which explanation is accurate for the lack of delivery by the Quijanos. Again, something didn’t make sense, why sign the contract if you didn’t plan on honoring it and why expose yourself to whatever penalties the contract dictated for nonperformance. TRUST YOUR GUT, SIGNING THIS CONTRACT JUST TO LATER BREAK IT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE. BANGING AWAY AT THE BID WHEN A SUPERIOR BID WAS ON THE TABLE MADE NO SENSE. DELIVERING THE 60 MILLION SHARES IN GOOD FORM AND NOT THE SECOND TRANCHE MAKES NO SENSE UNLESS THERE WAS A COMMON EXPLANATION FOR ALL OF THESE ANOMALIES.

After hearing a rumor of meetings in NYC involving some chicanery in the Cayman Islands branch of this bank in regards to the “loaning/renting” out of Claro’s shares against his will to a short seller we saw some anomalous behavior in the market. Somebody posted a bid for 62 million Medinah shares. This was unheard of. You’d have to be an idiot to show the entire size of a buy order of that size at once because any potential seller is obviously figuring that the bid will need to be scaled up in order to get a fill. Buyers of blocks like this aren’t typically market idiots and a more plausible eplanation is usually available.

This particular buyer didn’t seem to care how much he ended up having to pay for those shares ALMOST AS IF IT WAS A MANDATED NSCC “BUY-IN” secondary to Claro demanding delivery of the shares he deposited so that he could get paid those presumably higher share prices. In a compulsory buy-in, the actual buyer doesn’t care what he pays for the shares because he has the legal right to hand the bill to the settlement bank of the party getting bought-in i.e. the recipient of the “borrowed/rented/stolen” shares of Claro. It’s illegal to loan out shares from a Type 1 cash account without the owner’s permission. In a margin account it’s fine but Medinah is a nonmarginable security which has no place residing in a margin a/c. If there were potential legal repercussions on the table you can see why Claro’s bank/broker ordered the buy-in STAT.

Shortly after all of this anomalous market activity with the gigantic bid being filled via a bunch of what CLEARLY appeared to be “crosses/wash sales” (study the time and sales data)the Quijanos all of a sudden are able to deliver a paper certificate for 218 million shares to Masglas. Wait a minute, I thought they they had dumped pretty much all of their shares in a vindictive fashion. Who the heck was doing all of that selling in such a fashion? Was it a new short seller trying to go for Medinah’s Jugular Vein after learning that AMC was involved and all kind sof new goodies were being found? Of course not, nobody starts a new short position at the all-time lows after releasing news like AMC’s involvement plus what they were finding.

The way our clearance and settlement system works, even if the party selling those 62 million shares into that bid owned ZERO Medinah shares if the clearing firm being they used had that many in inventory then Claro’s bank would indeed get delivery of paper-certificated shares. Shares held in an “anonymously pooled” format are not assigned to any one investor or groups of investors. With behavior like this, the naked short position basically goes from somebody’s left hand to their right hand. I’m sure some of the selling into that bid were real shareholders selling real shares. IN OUR CORRUPT/OPAQUE MARKETS, IT TAKES A DISRUPTION TO THE DAILY STATUS QUO (like Claro unexpectedly demanding delivery of his deposited shares back) TO REVEAL THIS TYPE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY.

So why did all of us get conned into believing that the Quijanos were dumping hundreds of millions of shares in a vindictive fashion? Trust me, I am not a big fan of the Quijanos. I feel that it has to do with how different people react differently to the frustrations associated with being down on an investment. I see it on a daily basis on TMP.

Some frustrated investors that are very nice human beings simply need to ASSIGN BLAME to others when they’re frustrated. Other equally nice human beings simply don’t find the need to assign blame. For some, that massive amount of selling just fit right into their wheelhouse as an opportunity to assign blame in the midst of frustation. That long list of anomalies that just didn’t make sense didn’t matter.

As far as the DISCONNECT goes and whether or not there currently is one, when dealing with a private company in a secrecy obsessed industry like this one we shareholders are flying blind. When flying blind part of your due diligence needs to be to study the actions of the insiders that aren’t flying blind. “AHC and associates” was willingly paying 10-cents per share at the tail end of their purchase of 150 million shares. This was before they had great trenching results all over the place and great geochem sampling results at the PN. They’re not flying blind; they are the smart money whose actions need to be studied in an environment like ours. I can’t explain why they’re not buying hand over fist at the 1.5-cent level but that’s not my job. All I know is that the “smart money” was buying aggressively at the 10-cent level before a lot of great developments occurred. Now we’re on the edge of the ultimate goal of going into production in an area with extremely high grade near surface gold ore. A warning: Do not try to estimate the proper value of Medinah’s share price by doing a market comp analysis involving blocked out MR/MR ounces.

This deposit is going to have MR/MR up the cazoo. It’s not critical right now to spend a gazillion dollars on blocking out MR/MR for the sake of blocking out MR/MR in order to impress potential suitors. They know already that the final MR/MR count will be very high. All a geoscientist needs to do is to study the GIS database to roughly estimate what the final tally might come in at. If you have near surface early production opportunities you go after them. Entries in a bank a/c trump MR/MR in a NI 43-101.

10 Likes

Kevin,

In my opinion, in this particular deal the most appropriate valuation you can come up with is attained by studying the moves of those like Masglas that are very well aware of all of the past shortcomings of Medinah. They were willingly paying 10-cents per share while fully aware of all of these shortcomings. That’s 7 times the current share price. At the time they were paying 7 times our current share price a lot of the most favorable developments obtained to date hadn’t been uncovered. I believe this is the single most accurate way to gauge the severity of the current DISCONNECT.

You bring up “Operation Bermuda Short” but you failed to note that 87% of those “stung” pleaded guilty or were found guilty. Les was found not guilty and so was the guy Les was supposed to “roll on” which is why Les was targeted in the first place. “The market” doesn’t know any of these things. Masglas sure does. Follow their lead! This is the most complex set of circumstances I’ve ever run into in my last 40 or so mining deals. All of this creates the fertile ground for a DISCONNECT to be in existence.

When you’re dealt “lemons” like this in a corporate past with a company that really does “have the goods”, you make lemonade by buying back and cancelling shares price by a “market” that has lost focus of what really matters. Management is all but gone. We Medinah shareholders currently own, in a surrogate fashion, portions of a mining district run by Masglas’s team. PERIOD! The key is to take advantage of the past as best you can. People will figure out that placing a bet on this deposit being developed by this team is accomplished by buying Medinah shares at levels dictated by a “market” hung up on the past even though it is no longer pertinent. Everybody should watch that Rick Rule interview multiple times.

10 Likes

Take a look at two of the sponsors of Chile Explore Congress 2016!

http://cexr.cl/congreso-2016/en/

MASGLAS and AURYN!

A few loose ends to take care of . . . mining preparation . . . some drilling and early production . . . we’ll be rolling by then!

13 Likes

In company with BHP Billiton … A big guy…

But…A stock I lost money on too… Is this a good or bad sign???

TDK
Comment added 160609, good or bad is based on ‘Product of my environment’, in any other investment I would be jumping up and down with excitement

Doesn’t look like they are hiding does it.

Could BHP be part of the Auryn Masglas team to take out the Alto?

I have done numerous searches on various South American mining Web Sites to find a glimmer of a Medinah Chile. Masglas brings us to to the table. Finally a sense of legitimacy.

3 Likes

WOW!!! I can’t think of a better introduction to the mining world.

http://www.bolsadesantiago.cl/Paginas/home.

How about this item from Chile Export Report"
“It has been a year since the Santiago Stock Exchange launched the Santiago Venture Market, a dual-listing initiative with the TSX Venture Exchange in Canada. Since then, conditions in mining markets have changed significantly.”

and, just FYI …

Basic geology law will be retroactive

Rules to cover projects dating back up to four years.

Thirty years since Chile’s Mining Code obliged companies to hand over geological data gathered through mineral exploration to the state, new regulations are on the way to bring this requirement into force.
Through the modification of Decree Law 20,819 approved earlier this year, national mining and geology service Sernageomin will be able to require companies to hand over the relevant information and sanction those which fail to comply. The service is currently working on the regulations which will establish the definitions, terms, conditions and procedures by which the system will operate.
Speaking at Chile Explore Congress 2015: Time of Opportunity, Francisco Uribe, head of Sernageomin’s mineral resources unit gave further details about the regulations which are expected to be made public later this year.
The rules will apply to surface sampling, exploration drilling, district and local geological maps, geochemical and geophysical surveys, mineralogical and petrographic studies, mineral dating and satellite images. Sernageomin could require companies to provide general information about basic exploration work carried out up to four years prior to the rules coming into force.
Those that fail to comply could be fined up to 100 Annual Tax Units (around CLP53M or US$76,000).
During his presentation, Uribe noted that many companies are concerned about what kind of information Sernageomin will require them to hand over, but he sought to calm fears that the rules will cover strategically sensitive information.
The idea is not to intrude on confidential company data,” says Uribe. Sernageomin’s aim is to gather data and use it properly, protecting the work of exploration companies, while allowing the state to understand its natural resources.
… The information will be published on two online platforms. Companies will have to fill in a form on Sigex (from the Spanish initials for Geological Exploration Information System) about their exploration projects. Only users will only able to see information which applies to their projects. A second platform Geomin will contain publicly available information derived from the data provided to Sigex by companies, together with maps and studies produced by Sernageomin.
see pg 8
http://cexr.cl/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/CER30-ENG-FIN.pdf

Is this something that may explain AURYN’s willingness of detailing much of its “basic” exploration results publicly on it’s website?
How much information has it made available to Sernageomin that is strategically sensitive information and not made public?
Time will tell.