Medinah/Auryn - 2018 Q3 General Discussion

Thank you very much. I have very little knowledge in this area. First time I’ve had to deal with certificates.

Thanks again

Do you think I should be worried about this with the reverse split and name change.

you will be fine. but it WILL be a pain in the butt and take some time and dozens of conversations. just know that up front :slight_smile:

That’s what I was afraid of. I’ve been in mdmn since the very early beginnings. Stupid me.

But after all these years I can no longer communicate on the phone. Voice issues.

No brokers will touch it. So I’m kind of at a lost. It can be very difficult when you can’t talk loud enough to communicate by phone.

Thanks for the info.

If anyone knows anyway I can do this without use of phone I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Thanks

email securities lawyer and explain your problem michael@labertewlaw.com

For CDCH Michael Labertew has generally been responsive and helpful via e-mail. At least for the CDCH cert I think you will find success via this path.

Thank you very much. I’ll get started Monday. Any other ideas would also be very appreciative.

The big news in the metals industry today sees Barrick Gold Corp. moving to acquire Randgold Resources Ltd. in an all-stock merger that will create the largest gold-mining company in the world. Based on Friday’s closing prices, the new company would have market capitalization of $18.3 billion

Simply contact the transfer agent and arrange with him to receive your Cerro certs. He will charge you a fee and mail back to you the new certs. Wait to do this with you MDMN certs until they finish with their name change, then do the same thing. There is no need to involve Labertew. The real problem is finding a brokerage that will take your certs. Hopefully, in the future, Auryn will trade at levels on a higher exchange that will enable all of us to put the certs into an account.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone I appreciate the help

From Aug 22

We expect to sign the definitive agreement in the coming weeks with work planned to begin on the property in early September

It’s been over a month and early September is past tense.
If the agreement has been signed and work has begun, it would be nice to know.

4 Likes

I believe we will see updates in fouth quarter, hopefully sooner than later…:wink:

2 Likes

Sure would be nice if WE could get something like this:

September 26, 2018

Freeport-McMoRan Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend on Common Stock

PHOENIX–(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE: FCX) today declared a cash dividend of $0.05 per share payable on November 1, 2018 to holders of record as of October 15, 2018 for its common stock.

FCX is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. FCX operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. FCX is the world’s largest publicly traded copper producer.

FCX’s portfolio of assets includes the Grasberg minerals district in Indonesia, one of the world’s largest copper and gold deposits; significant mining operations in the Americas, including the large-scale Morenci minerals district in North America and the Cerro Verde operation in South America. Additional information about FCX is available on FCX’s website at “fcx.com.”

[bold emphasis provided by me]

1 Like

I’m still trying to get my mind wrapped around this…

One Mining District – One Company
The Altos de Lipangue mining district has always had the potential of being a successful mining region but claim fragmentation and lack of vision prevented it from being so. It took AURYN several years to consolidate the claims. It is time to combine the companies and give all the shareholders direct ownership in those claims.

To this end Medinah plans to satisfy its financial obligations as quickly as possible and distribute the remaining assets to our shareholders before ceasing operations. We anticipate this will leave 1.61 billion shares of CDCH to our Medinah shareholders pro rata. This is a ratio of 0.558 shares of CDCH for each share of MDMN that our shareholders own.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

This is the reason I expect news to start rolling.
If it’s bound to the values of Auryn, I would suggest that there would be nothing left in the cupboard “full disclosure” of all that is going on. I’m looking forward to financials, the fine tuning of the loi… And a few other tidbits that need to be tydied up…

2 Likes

Is there still a window for arbitrage here?
Continuing the discussion from CDCH - Discussion:

How does this 5x percentage of AMC figure into any arbitrage consideration? Is this only important before full conversion/distribution of MDMN into AUMC? If so, it seems that the current 0.00558 ratio is not in line with the current trading price AUMC. [(0.558 X 1.30 X 5)/100] = 0.0363 or is it simply .00558 X 1.30 = 0.0073 that MDMN should be trading at? Whichever guideline one may try to use it does not seem MDMN is close to what had been considered early on. Arbitrage is not being looked at by many here, IMO.

(added edit) simple math arrives at present value of MDMN shares as 0.00728 based on 2,882,282,073 total shares OS and 24.848% equity interest in the 65M shares of AUMC and an AUMC price of 1.30. This does not take into account the 11,650,000 shares of AMNP and 29,150,000 shares of CDCH described in the latest June 30 Quarterly Report. Will AUMC go up with significant news, at least until all shares become unrestricted?

3 Likes

You got it Easy,

I think positive news rolls out in fouth quarter… Not the big bang we all thought about year’s ago, but also not where past “people of importance” were taking us ( can u say crapper), looking forward to seeing news…

1 Like

I’m out of my CDCH position at an average of ~$1.35 (took awhile) with a 30% loss and will look to take a portion of that to add to my MDMN position (where I also took a loss, awhile back, to add to my CDCH position). It’s very difficult to know the actual arbitrage opportunity given the levels of massive dilution and corporate governance but for those that are arguing for a buy and hold strategy…or a hold and hold (ala Brecciaboy) it’s time to wake up. Months and years will pass. A static investment strategy is just lazy.

1 Like

Ouch! That hurts! :frowning:

By the way, little disappointed that we haven’t heard back from Auryn about the JV being finalized.

Perhaps it is stuck at the Notario? The horror…the horror…the horror! :(:sob:

6 Likes

it’s all going to happen…

…NEXT WEEK…!!!

4 Likes

Nice one!! Lol!!!