Medinah Minerals (MDMN) - 2016 Q4- General Discussion

Let’s not go overboard. LP was CEO of NPER and MEDINAH. The transfer agent is artco. I’m fairly confident in stating LP was not running artco.

I think that is a contact card for him as CEO of one of the companies and it’s showing artco as the TA.

2 Likes

You gotta feel sorry for the poodle. Both the real one and the statue. Classy pic for your facebook profile.

3 Likes

Guy makes me sick looking at him!!

1 Like

Portrait of a man who used “hope” and manipulation to disrupt thousands of lives. Without “hope” there is despair and Les feed people hope since his beginning. We have Mr. “Next Week” and Mr. “Done, done, done”.
What a combination! Then add JJ and family to the mix.
I believe today could be a reality check at best for these guys.

Thank You Kevin for stepping into the fray, being honest and honorable.
Taking the sensible and legal high road.

4 Likes

bring it home wizard! Give us something real finally!! Thank you if I have not said it yet. Thank you for actually taking it by the balls and running with it

9 Likes

There are 60-65 people in the Montego Ballroom at the Mirage here in Las Vegas, most of us spread out at ranks of tables, like a college classroom, with seats for approx 175-200. We’re waiting for things to kick off, some folks are wandering around, introducing themselves… Low hum of conversation… I’ve met Wizard, Vital, Raul del Solar (Medinah Board member), easymillion from the board…. he’s the only one I see with his miningplay id on his nametag (voluntary — and I don’t have mine either)… Have shared chagrined and relieved smiles plus embarrassing sad (and guardedly hopeful) stories with several folks, and all of us seem very glad to be here (some, are here again — one person remembers “done done done” and one person remembers the shareholders’ meeting prior to that!)… Nice spread of food, bagels, muffins, lots of fruit, coffee, water, juice… Am told NOT to expect Les Price or JJ or Señor Letts… And I’m guessing it should begin in moments… 76 degrees when I got off the plane an hour and a half ago… Am told Medinah bats first (this morning) and Auryn last (this afternoon)… And just now I was told (by the woman, from Peru, who took names and tickets at the door) that the presentation will begin at 10:30 (half an hour from now)…

— madmen (brad)

7 Likes

Do you know who will be there for Medinah and Auryn? Tia

1 Like

Don’t forget to check here
http://theminingplay.com/t/october-1st-2016-informational-meeting-news/
For basic news about the meeting.

Looking forward to this afternoons meeting. Hopefully lots of positive news on mining that’s been overshadowed by the skullduggery and held back!

3 Likes

Very glad I came… Haven’t really learned anything more than what I might have guessed: Everyone seems to be united (and for apparently good reasons that were discussed at great length and detail, and with much aggressive questioning from folks in the audience) around the unanimous proposition/suggestion/allegation that we were all, for the past many years, misled and cheated by a certain Canadian fellow — and perhaps several others, but most definitely by Les… I am glad I sat through the details, and I’ll boil them down and sum them up in just a moment, but first the emotional aspect…

And let me preface this with by asserting that I am as trusting and naive a person as you’ll ever meet, so much so that I don’t even trust my own opinions, and, while I warned myself in advance of coming here that I should be wary of drinking any more koolaid than I’ve already consumer during my five years invested here, my gut tells me that I was probably being told the truth here this morning by Medinah’s (apparent) “core four”…

The crux of the matter, the important nugget, is this:

— Everyone in the room is in agreement that in mid-August there was, finally, a breakthrough, culminating in a meeting in Miami, at which Les Price was confronted with evidence that he had falsified the numbers on the recent quarterly report regarding the number of outstanding shares of MDMN stock. And that he has been doing this for an untold number of years. Perhaps decades. Probably decades, in my mind. And now the Medinah Board members plus our Wizard tell us that there exists, in their possession, stone-cold paper-trail evidence that Les’s crimes (it is uncertain who else helped him, if anyone) go back to at least 2010 (and, it is supposed, almost certainly much longer…) We’ve been absolutely cheated, robbed, choose your own description: criminal malfeasance at it’s all-to-common most basic… That’s the case that has been presented quite compellingly, and unanimously, this morning. No other scenario has been suggested. We done been had…

But it was said at least a hundred times that “it is a new day” at Medinah. The worst is behind us. It was said at least a hundred times that the new board is “transparent” and “open.”

And in my judgement, I did not see or hear anyone who raised a red flag in my mind…

But the short-term road forward, while being clear enough, is curvy. A crackerjack Las Vegas law firm has been hired to conduct a forensic investigation and to “clawback every share, every penny possible.” The estimates of what this will cost are in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, perhaps millions. Who knows for sure?

Medinah has filed a complaint with the SEC, and the progress of that is unknown.

There was a moment in the room this morning when the energy seemed to drop down to about zero. We’d heard our worst fears confirmed. We were cheated. And now what…?

But when the lunch break arrived, there was a milling about in the room that felt restorative. It was a tough morning. But it did seem that it had all been discussed among well-meaning people, all of whom had been duped. The principals from Medinah and from Auryn stood and talked to anyone who wanted to talk to them, privately and in groups, and didn’t dodge any questions.

And that’s always a good thing.

It’s what I was hoping for, I suppose — it doesn’t feel great or anything, but I didn’t get the sense I was being lied to or that anyone was trying to pull something on me or on anyone.

I’m glad I saw and heard it all for myself, and I imagine there are at least a couple of people reading this who may appreciate hearing it.

Still telling myself to keep my guard up. Trust no one. Ask questions.

And now, back to the room for the second session.

Sorry if there are any typos.

First draft.

— madmen (brad)

Press REPLY

17 Likes

Thanks Brad…glad you’re there. I just got back from Standing Rock.

Brad, deeply indebted to you for the summary of how things look and sound in the room. Really appreciate your guarded skepticism and the atmospherics…thank you.

4 Likes

Priceless (Pun not intended)

1 Like

Okay, it’s over now…

The afternoon session was exactly what I feared: exhilarating! If koolaid had been served, I’d have drunk as much as I could get my hands on…

No matter how many times or how forcefully Mauricio Cordova kept reminding us that everything he said was nothing but forward-looking statements, no matter how many times he reminded us that investing in mining is inherently risky and prone to unexpected disappointments and roadblocks ("Don’t forget — we might find out that the ore is not economically feasible!") it was, to me, clear from his body language and from every slide and map that was flashed up on the screen and from every mention of ore grades (always, so far, smashing expectations), that he was thrilled by…by everything Medinah/Auryn/Maglas…

This went on for the entire afternoon session — there was so much information conveyed and so many questions raised and address, I’m scared to take more than a glance at my notes, but here are some snippets:

Cordova: “Do we have the potential? Absolutely. And now we have to prove it… I couldn’t say enough how excited I am…”

He mentioned having had contact with Freeport and "two other majors of equal size or larger” who are interested in the Pegaso Negro. (“This could happen fast!”)

He said that production on the Merlin (or was it the Caren?) started yesterday (I was glad to hear him voluntarily note that Auryn’s original prediction for production had been September 1, but it had turned out to be Sept 30, due to several reasons) and things were moving ahead and grades were great (he reminded us that everything he said was a forward-looking statement and not a guarantee of anything and he was not encouraging anyone present or not present to buy any stock in MDMN or any stock anywhere, but…), and, according to my notes, he foresaw: “Positive cash flow by year’s end, first quarter definitely…”

He was definitely impressive… In no way could I dispute Wizard’s early assessment of Cordova after their meeting several months back. (And my own assessment of Wizard — our first meeting — was equally strong: Wizard is impressive.)

There was not a single question Cordova was not prepared for. (Wizard, too — equally well prepared.)

Toward the end of the session I told Cordova something like this:

“I brought 15 people into Medinah, and I’m going to report to them on this meeting. I’m going to tell them that this morning was tough, it was a gut punch, it was our worst fears – or maybe worse than our worst fears – confirmed… But what I’ve heard this afternoon from you and everyone else from Auryn… Obviously what you’ve seen of the mountain has certainly gotten your basic interest — and from your forward-looking statements, it is also clear that you think that this mountain might just be something extra-special, a world-class project, a dream… And I think I’m going to tell my friends this: If the hopes of you and your colleagues are even halfway confirmed, if this mountain even comes in somewhere toward the middle of the range of what you see as possible, then there will be so much money washing around that it won’t even matter how many shares can be clawed back or whether Les Price goes to jail or if any of those other legal things we talked about this morning ever get resolved… Should I not tell the my friends that?”

Laughter rippled around the room.

Wizard (Kevin Tupper) and Muaricio looked at each other and smiled.

They each said some things about how it was absolutely necessary that Medinah’s leadership team pursue the legal path ahead of them and follow every twist and turn by the book, and do whatever it takes to right the injustices that have been inflicted on all of us shareholders over many many years now. But while I don’t remember exactly what all those things were, I did clearly notice that before the two of them moved on to another question, neither of them tried (and no one else on the Auryn or Medinah teams tried) to talk me out of my assessment…

Hey — it was a good day. I’m glad I came.

I met Doc and Cornhusker Gold and Cabezon and another fellow (wxt?) who had been in Medinah for 25 years(!) plus lots of other nice folks.

After the meeting adjourned I asked Cordova wether, if I came to Chile, I could walk on the mountain? He said that for liability reasons he wasn’t sure he could let me go into the mine tunnel itself. But walk the mountain? “Sure,” he said. “You can walk on the mountain. Sure.” I said maybe after the first of the year.

And now I’ve got to catch a cab to the airport… (All good stories have at least one taxicab.)

I think I’ll give it a rest for a while. If you want to pm me, feel free.

— madmen (brad)

20 Likes

Thanks brad. I’m almost hopeul that this thing gets above 5 cents someday…

Thank you very much for the posts Brad!

5 Likes

I am sure it will get much higher than 5 cents if you are willing to wait… how long I have no idea.

1 Like

I can wait. Question is, should I?

Opportunity cost is constantly calling. But, this one might be worth hanging onto. Luckily my average pps is a lot lower than most around here from what I gather…

GLTA. Looking forward to more developments and an overbought perspective. I think we are a bit oversold but it’s impossible (as our constant discussions here show) to put a true price on this young pup right now.

Monday morning will we finally see upward movement on all this good news/forward working resolutions?

1 Like