Medinah Minerals (MDMN) - 2016 Q4- General Discussion

I agree, defending even this frivolous lawsuit will cost something; but, fortunately, IMO it should not cost a lot. Upon even a cursory review and digging by the members here, numerous, very fatal holes have been found with Les’ BS case (statute of limitations, statute of frauds, oral contract proofs, recent release with MDMN, prior forgiveness of debt for shares, and venue). Considering the time and money the current attorney will have to put in on defending the more serious Okandian litigation (written contract) and conducting the forensic audit of shares, they should be able to get this case dismissed or at least transferred to Nevada relatively quickly and cheaply.

It’s absolutely a final FU to MDMN and it’s shareholders he’s screwed over. He got caught. IMO he’s trying to get some leverage back in his favor. He can tell others (those who will actually listen to him) “MDMN screwed me and I’m protecting my rights, they are lying when the accuse me. See I filed a lawsuit against them” He can say I’ll drop my lawsuit for a release of any MDMN claims against me. Now, MDMN stupid if it agreed, but he can make the argument.

IMO, MDMN was going to go after Les eventually anyway after completing the audit and seeing how bad he really screwed everyone. IMO, He’s just accelerated the timetable for MDMN’s lawsuit. Since they were going to file anyway, might as well file it now in Nevada and they get the case from Canada transferred and consolidated into MDMN’s new Nevada case, then MDMN can hammer him, get his BS claim dismissed and continue with their new lawsuit. Why conduct the forensic audit unless you were getting your proof to go after Les (and anyone else involved)? Do it now, make him fight in two places and start burning through attorney’s fees.

3 Likes

On second thought, Les’ suit is most likely in response to heat he is feeling from Gary. And yes, a simple response to BC court arguing venue, which would be approved, is fairly cheap.

Rick,

I would pay the $50.00 filing fee just to cause that sorry *&(%&%& to have to respond and defend. I know that is vindictive and it is not my nature to engage in such nonsense, however, firing back in any way is tempting. On the other hand, civil matters may well be necessary (if I understand correctly) in order to accomplish any restitution for his egregiously wrongful acts. Clearly there is long reaching financial devastation from LP and all of his actions. (edit)

4 Likes

This lawsuit by Les is nothing more than a slap in the face to every shareholder who invested in Medinah in good faith. I for one feel enough is enough as to what has happen to our investment.
If Kevin wants to set up and account with the legal firm, or with Medinah, I would be more then happy to donate $100 dollars to the cause to go after Les.
Yes, it may be throwing good money after what was a good investment.
However I don’t like to see someone get away with financial murder that has been committed on Medinah.
As to Medinah, I feel it will pay off nicely down the road, but it will take time.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see Baldy’s response to this.

1 Like

Baldy is still typing his response.

Chutzpah: The guy who pleads for mercy from the court after being convicted of killing his mother and father because now he’s an orphan.

That’s our boy Les. Pure chutzpah…unbelievable. No, I take that back. Absolutely believable. Why didn’t we see this coming?

I put an order a few days ago for .008 and it sat there until today. Then I watched 7 orders got through at .0075 and .007 before I got filled later in the day. How does that happen? :rage:

Just a fyi, I sent the info on Operation Bermuda Short to Mike Caswell who wrote the story on Les suing us.

2 Likes

Well dirt drives viewers, but I have heard Caswell is a straight up guy. See what happens

here is the complaint filed by the scammer

I’m deleting my post.

How we doing on them emails from les boys & girls? Rayfer if you’re out there and reading this I hope you submitted emails from past conversations that you had with Les. He needs to go down for this!

2 Likes

As much as it seems humorous and deserved, we cannot allow “threats” implied on the board. We all know privately what revenge fantasies we might have!
Thanks

You can’t even imagine!

1 Like

Guilty, will watch it in the future

1 Like

Typo? The loan may have been forgiven, but what were the exact conversion terms of these preferred shares? This issue was raised sometime back. Compared to other conversions this issuance is certainly not at $211 per share ($1,551,299 / 7,350 shares - edited to match total loan instead of GXK loan amount) of preferred shares makes no sense whatsoever and is contrary to what was officially filed.

Between February and March 2012, the Company offered and
sold 7,350,000 shares of Class C Redeemable, Convertible Preferred Stock to a total of
eighteen individuals. The shares were issued at $1 per share, and are
convertible to Common Stock at the ratio of 5 cents for each share of Common
Stock in year one, 10 cents for each share of Common Stock in year two, and 20
cents for each share of Common Stock in year three. They bear no voting rights,
and accrue interest at ten percent per annum. The issuances were made to the
following individuals:

Juan José Quijano Fernández, Larry Regis, Ian Dow, Vittal
Karra, Pamela Fitzpatrick, Christopher M. Day, Paul Donnelly, Mick Shindell,
Donald R. Johnson, David Dessecker, Anthony Arrigoni, John A. Toyer, Jr.,
Cynthia R. Shindell, Richard Bengard, Gregory A. Chapin, Leslie Price.

The Class C Redeemable, Convertible Preferred Stock were
offered and sold for an aggregate amount of $8,030,098, which included
conversion of outstanding loans from shareholders in the following amounts in
February, 2012:

Juan José Quijano Fernández - $ 73,000
Greg Chapin - $ 335,963
GXK Ventures Inc. - $1,142,336
Larry Regis - $ 25,000

… and from 2012 Annual Report

Issuer’s Certifications
I, Juan José Quijano Fernández, certify that:

1. I have reviewed this annual disclosure statement of Medinah Minerals, Inc.;
  2. Based on my knowledge, this disclosure statement does not contain any untrue statement
    of a material fact or omit to state a material fact necessary to make the statements made, in light of the circumstances under which such statements were made, not misleading with respect to the period covered by this disclosure statement; and
  3. Based on my knowledge, the financial statements, and other financial information included or incorporated by reference in this disclosure statement, fairly present in all material respects the financial condition, results of operations and cash flows of the issuer as of, and for, the periods presented in this disclosure statement.

What was the $8,030,098 used for? Also, looks like Juan José Quijano as then President of the defendant Company in GSK’s suit may be on the hook (as is Greg Chapin). Suit appears to me to be pure retaliation for having been caught forging documents in support of all the SEC filings handled by Les regarding the OS and other misdeeds regarding stock issuances to individuals under a fictitious (?) MMC mining corp name. Is GSK guilty of filing a fraudulent claim? Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck. Les does have a defense, though: “Who you going to believe, me, or your lying eyes?” :rage:

You can’t make this stuff up. The guy sells unauthorized shares, uses the money from the sale and lends back to the corporation, gets caught selling unauthorized shares, then sues the corporation to pay him back the the loan. Unbelievable!

3 Likes

That’s called chutzpah…

Just as a diversion from latest news…

How does anyone think that the excess shares outstanding were not caught when the share dividend was issued in 2012? Les had full control of any communication with the transfer agent?