Medinah Minerals (MDMN)- 2017 Q4 General Discussion

Whoever is dumping these shares is loosing money or they got them for free. I would say these are free trading shares where this person doesn’t give a crap at what price they sell them at. These are probably the shares that Kevin and Auryn could not claw back from scumbag Les,JJ, and whoever…

It was took almost 1 yr for Scottrade to give us our “free” dividend shares.
This is gonna get real interesting when our accounts are to be populated with cdch shares based on number of Mdmn shares.
Why was there so much selling ahead of this news and now after?

1 Like

Gee, I don’t feel so bad. Thanks Madmen

You will be the first person I buy a whole lot of drinks if this ever shoots to the moon.

TDK

2 Likes

Nice 92 cent trade to start the day out. Some will say price doesn’t matter but seeing trades like this is showing someone is trying to keep it down. Who? No idea.
I am looking forward to seeing cdch shares in my account and just hope it happens smoothly

2 Likes

well glad to finally see upticks hope we can get some good reports out on property to keep it going

4 Likes

It took a peek at CDCH at lunch and saw nickel and big dollars in my account. I just looked … lol. 400% swing to the RED. Lovely !!!

Me too. Sheet!

1 Like

My BMO account says, .0154 a share for CDCH !
So even if CDCH goes up the conversion rate stays the same I hope.

The number of CDCH shares MDMN investors get has nothing to do with the price of either stock. It is solely determined by the number of Cerro shares the company has to distribute and the number of MDMN shares to distribute them to. Both of these numbers are fixed and have nothing to do with the share price of either. My apologies if I misunderstood your post.

1 Like

The worm has finally turned…

3 Likes

Is Mike really serious :stuck_out_tongue: I think he’s not lol.

Thanks TradeRich.

1 Like

He’s serious. He’s just reluctantly admitting he was wrong after being so adamant this would never happen.

1 Like

and just who or what are you referring to, John?

The phrase was first recorded in a 1546 collection of proverbs by John Heywood, in the form “Treade a worme on the tayle, and it must turne agayne.”[2] It was used in William Shakespeare’s play Henry VI, Part 3.[3][4] In the play, the phrase is uttered by Lord Clifford, killer of Rutland as, “To whom do lions cast their gentle looks? Not to the beast that would usurp their den. The smallest worm will turn being trodden on, And doves will peck in safeguard of their brood.”[5]
Speake J (2015). The Oxford Dictionary of Proverbs. Oxford University Press. p. 353. ISBN 9780198734901.
Jump up ^ Martin, Gary. “The smallest worm will turn, being trodden on”. phrases.org.uk. Retrieved 2009-05-24.
Jump up ^ The Mavens’ Word of the Day. “worm has turned”. Random House, Inc. Retrieved 2009-05-24.

Looks like someone may have fat-fingered a trade.
I expect volatility on speculation, but an implied valuation $350M ($0.05 x 7B) with 7B shares issued should not be inferred. The market will reveal valuation over the next year or two as things progress, although a JV partner within that time frame will be very interesting. At least AURYN has come through with an initial goal of providing increased liquidity to its shareholders by accessing the U.S. capital markets. New management under AURYN guidance has provided the following goals:

AURYN will work with its shareholders to convert their AURYN stock to CDCH stock. As the majority owner of Cerro, we look forward to working with current Cerro management. This includes the following:

*Creating a management team and Board of Directors suitable for an exploration company intent on becoming a junior and major mining company.

*Launching a massive exploration program on the Altos de Lipangue mining district including entering JV agreements with companies that have the specific expertise necessary for exploring and mining the variety of targets we believe we have in the district.

*Focusing our resources on becoming an active gold producer by reopening the Fortuna gold mine and actively exploring and mining the gold veins found in the Larissa tunnel.

*Subject to regulatory approval, consolidating the capital structure, changing the name of the company, and moving to a higher exchange or tier on the OTC.

Let’s stay on subject of what shareholders have to look forward to with a minimum of sniping on the forum. John, I think most here have already applauded your foresight in forecasting early on that Cerro would be the vehicle used to access the US public markets. Can you add additional guidance that may benefit shareholders still in Medinah that have not yet added Cerro to their portfolios? Will there be a NOBO list ordered and pro rata dividend shares issued by Medinah? When should shareholders expect an ex-dividend date declaration (date of record) and when will it appear in each shareholder’s account as a CDCH share? Sure was a hassle the last time Medinah issued a dividend

While normal dividends are never prorated, there are occasions when a prorated dividend is paid. Prorated dividends are announced as such in the dividend declaration but that doesn’t always prevent investor confusion.

Prorated dividends can be confusing at first for two reasons. One, because they are relatively rare, and two, because they are handled somewhat differently from normal dividends. The reason they’re handled differently is because all shareholders of the same class of stock who qualify for a dividend must be paid the entire dividend, regardless of how long they held the stock.
Prorated Dividends: How They Work & When They Are Used

Shareholders are awaiting clarification from the new CDCH management and AURYN on all it’s declared goals. This is still a long term speculative investment, although daytraders may start showing up once significant news is released at regular intervals as mining plans progress and exploitation results are PR’d through normal channels.

1 Like

It is not that I thought it would never happen, it just wasn’t the preferred pathway and was in conflict with what Auryn stated on how they were going public. Also “Cerro” really isn’t Cerro at all but Auryn in disguise so cheering Cerro now is really cheering Auryn. Auryn would have needed to be further along the development pathway with good gold cash flow to made the IPO route viable. At least they managed to go Public without giving up any percent of the property.

I was delighted to see Cerro go up big yesterday at least for a short time. It will eventually pull Medinah up with it as well so everyone is going to be in a better place soon.

5 Likes

…only because the zebra changed its stripes… but I think we shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth and just accept it and move ahead.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

According to the market data Cornhusker posted on the CDCH board, there were 23 trades with a total of over 800k shares traded that got us to .05. That’s quite a few fat fingers. Kinda looked like someone wanted to accumulate some shares and maybe .05 was their limit, but there’s no way to know without the “perps” letting us in on their intentions.

I am very interested in reading your logic as to why you think Cerro going up would pull MDMN up with it considering the following quote from the recent update:

“To this end Medinah plans to satisfy its financial obligations as quickly as possible and distribute the remaining assets to our shareholders before ceasing operations.”

What is it that would inspire anyone to buy shares in a ceased operations stock? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for it considering I have 12.5+ million of the buggers!

Because of the 0.558 ratio. As of today, the ratio favors purchasing shares of Medinah since I know in the future they will worth 0.558 shares of Cerro. (Based on the closing price of Cerro, Medinah should be trading at 0.0086 instead of 0.0035.) I am not concerned about the mechanics or any wait times involved as what is one year of waiting compared to the 20 years that I’ve been waiting already? Also, it is very unlikely that Auryn will have all its ducks in the row in a year anyway so any investing now should still be thought of as long term if one wants to maximize profits (or minimize existing losses).

Furthermore, Auryn is now perfectly aligned with our interests. It makes sense for them to see the price of Cerro to go up. Look for them to start releasing some good news. Cerro goes up. Medinah will follow. I have a similar amount of Medinah.

1 Like

Ok, I agree… right up until the date of the distribution. I think it’ll be interesting to watch the trading of both until that time comes. (Providing the dividend route is the way they go with it. Not sure how else they would do it).