Other Mining Stocks

Nice call. Good NR today by Hecla.

Hecla Reports Record Silver, Lead and Zinc Reserves

Company Release - 2/5/2020 6:30 AM ET
http://ir.hecla-mining.com/file/Index?KeyFile=402652167

1 Like

De Grey Mining with early and very impressive drill results at their Hemi prospect discovered in December. Stock was halted 2 days ago pending this news and has traded up 106% on huge volume in Australia. These results are only the first 7 of 57 holes with assays pending on 2 sections 640m apart that are related to the same orebody.

Section A highlights:
24m @ 7.5g/t incl 18m @8.6 g/t
49m @ 3.7g/t incl 18m @6.6 g/t
36m @ 4.0g/t incl 11m @ 8.9 g/t

Section B highlights:
24m @ 4.2g/t incl 10m @ 7.4 g/t
15m @ 2.5g/t
21m @ 2.5g/t

All holes are shallow (Section A defined to 100m at depth and Section B defined to 60m at depth) and are open at depth and in all directions indicating a potentially major new gold discovery with many assays pending.

2 Likes

De Grey Mining (DEG Australia, DGMLF on OTC) was up over 100% yesterday and finished up another 42% today in Australia. That should carry through on the OTC today.

De Grey
Too hot?

Yeah, probably. They do have more assays expected next week and all quarter. De Grey is definitely hot right now, but I wouldn’t be taking a position after 2 big days. A pullback seems inevitable.

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: Global Health Effects on Markets and Mining Stock

RNC Minerals - Raise Up Your Mind, Hey, it's Time To Shine - YouTube RNC interview

1 Like

De Grey Mining up another 20% this morning.

Looking for more assays this week. Sprott will be commenting on De Grey this Friday as part of his Sprott Money weekly wrapup.

2 Likes

After hours De Grey announces “Hemi gold prospect provides more positive results for De Grey Mining

Additional thick and high-grade gold mineralisation intersected on Section A consolidates a significant 30m wide gold zone to 130m depth, open in all directions.

44m @ 5.1g/t Au from 40m in BWAC320, including 13m @ 8.8g/t
46m @ 6.6g/t Au from 92m in BWAC321, including 21m @ 8.3g/t

Results correlate strongly with previously announced results on Feb 2020 including:
24m @ 7.5g/t Au from 126m in BWAC315, including 18m @ 8.6g/t (EOH)
49m @ 3.7g/t Au from 65m in BWAC309, including 18m @ 6.6g/t
36m @ 4.0g/t from 39m in BWAC245, including 11m @ 8.9g/t

Technical Director, Andy Beckwith, commented:

“These are stunning results - high grade, thick and consistent. Clearly, drilling below this zone and the mineraliszation on Section B are two key high priority RC targets. We are looking forward to receiving the remaining aircore drilling results and re-commencing drilling activiities now the cyclone has dissipated.”

3 Likes

looks solid.

Large-Scale Bulk Sample Yields Coarse Gold and Refined Targeting Strategies Lead to Another Gold-Bearing Gravel Discovery at Novo’s Egina Project

VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 13, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Novo Resources Corp. (“ Novo ” or the “ Company ”) (TSX-V: NVO; OTCQX: NSRPF) is pleased to announce that it has recovered 562.25 grams of natural coarse gold from a large, 413.6 cubic metre, bulk sample at its Egina gold project, Western Australia. In addition, recent exploration work has led to the discovery of new terrace gravels yielding coarse gold.
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/02/13/1984528/0/en/Large-Scale-Bulk-Sample-Yields-Coarse-Gold-and-Refined-Targeting-Strategies-Lead-to-Another-Gold-Bearing-Gravel-Discovery-at-Novo-s-Egina-Project.html

1 Like

I[quote=“MikeGold, post:219, topic:1057”]
Northern Dynasty is advancing the world-class Pebble Project in Alaska towards permitting and development.
[/quote]

Northern Dynasty has been on again the last couple of years- off again, mostly due to local opposition.
Sure looks to be on again with recent preliminary environmental permitting news:

Northern Dynasty: US Army Corps of Engineers shares preliminary Final EIS with cooperating agencies

Provided by Accesswire

Feb 12, 2020 3:45 AM PST

Key federal permitting document finds Pebble will protect fishery & water resources of southwest Alaska

VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / February 12, 2020 / Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (TSX:NDM)(NYSE American:NAK) (“Northern Dynasty” or the “Company”) reports the US Army Corps of Engineers has distributed a preliminary version of the Final Environmental Impact Statement (“EIS”) for southwest Alaska’s Pebble Project to federal, state and local cooperating agencies.

While as yet a deliberative document, and hence not final, the preliminary Final EIS portrays a mine development project that will co-exist with the fisheries and water resources of Bristol Bay, while making a substantial positive contribution to the socioeconomic health and well-being of local communities.

A presidential change(if there is a presidential change) next year probably will end the project indefinitely but it has somehow survived a lot of abuse so far. Don’t follow it closely anymore but recall they lost their major mining partners. My guess, some very limited underground portion of it may eventually happen.

De Grey Mining up another 20% today. I sold my position at .133 for like a $50 profit. Considering I was down over 75% on it for most of the year (with little reason to average down on), I’m ecstatic to get my investment back.

Now, the newly discovered Hemi prospect in the Pilbara Australia region is very interesting and if I had a lower cost basis, I’d consider holding longer for drill results and an initial resource estimation which should be out in the next week or two. But after the stock has more than quadrupled in a couple weeks, it is prudent to take my money off the table and be happy I made it back to green.

I’ll continue watching De Grey though because they seem to have quite a deposit at Hemi.

2 Likes

Gold is up about $50 an oz. over the last 6 months but the stocks that make up the NUGT etf are down a third. . . . from $45 to $30. How disappointing is that??? And, despite gold being up $30 an oz. over the last 7 trading days NUGT hasn’t moved a lick. This is really strange. NUGT is trading like it’s going to break big some time next week… . but which way.?? If anyone has any insight on what’s going on please let me know. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

If you’re beholden to trading an etf that follows miners instead of gold then I don’t have any answers, but if you want an etf that follows the movement of gold then you’d be better off looking at something like GLD, IAU, SGOL, or DGL. These are etf’s that actually move with the price of gold, not the miners.

As for the gold chart, I would be tentative about buying right now as the weekly interval gold chart looks overbought to me, with bearish divergence on the RSI. Gold has found resistance over the past 6 weeks at the 1580 - 1600 level, which is the 62% retracement of its all-time high of 1923. If this resistance holds, a shallow pullback could take it to the 1520’s, and a deep one could bring it back to between 1340 and 1400.

1 Like

TR, you’re much more conservative than I am. Between June and Sept. you would have made 20% and I would have made 300%. I’m prepared to take the risk due to the huge difference in return. Unfortunately I can’t keep an eye on it every minute of the day but nevertheless I’ve doubled my money since June while you would have had a nice 25% gain. Here’s to your continued success !!

Congrats! :smiley:

Just got an email saying Eric Sprott is pushing these silver stocks:

Silver Producer League:

Pan American Silver Corp (AMEX: PAAS) Market Capitalization US$4.5 billion, 2019 Production 25 million oz silver equivalent* , Resources over 1 billion oz silver

First Majestic Silver Corp (AMEX: AG) Market Capitalization US$2 billion, 2019 Production 20 million oz silver equivalent*, Resources 620 million oz silver

Hecla Mining Co (NYSE: HL) Market Capitalization US$1.4 billion, 2019 Production 35 million oz silver equivalent*, Resources 191 million oz silver

Silver Development-Stage League:

Silvercrest Metals Inc (TSX:SIL, AMEX: SILV), Market Capitalization US$ 700million, 2018 Production nil, Resources 87 million oz silver.

New Pacific Metals Corp (TSX-V: NUAG, OTCQX: NUPMF), Market Capitalization US$ 600million, 2019 Production nil, Silver Resources Not Available, it’s a new discovery in Bolivia.

Prophecy Development Corp Corp (TSX:PCY , OTCQX: PRPCF), Market Capitalization US$30 million, 2018 Production nil, Resources: 51 million oz silver.

2 Likes

I just realized that I didn’t notice NUGT is a 3x leveraged etf. That’s why you would have done better. Anyway, if you want a 3x etf that moves with gold, the one I know if us UGLD. Doesn’t appear as though you need it with all of your gains though! :slight_smile:

1 Like