Other Mining Stocks

Just an FYI to folks here… based upon the general direction my life has been moving, as well as not being satisfied with the performance of any free charting service I’ve had access to, it’s unlikely that I’ll be doing much, if any, posting of charts here anymore. I guess I have pretty much gotten it out of my system, although if someone should have any questions I’m happy to answer them as long as my brain maintains any useful information I might be able to provide. It tends not to hang on to stuff I don’t use, so don’t wait too long if you’ve got an itch to ask!

Take care, have fun, and may the mining gods finally bless our Cerro/MDMN/Auryn investment!

1 Like

Hey TR… thanks for all your help and charts over the years. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Best of Trades… Johnny Mac~

You’re welcome Johnny, it was my pleasure. Merry Christmas to you as well and good fortune to all moving forward!

3 Likes

A little point of interest as a farewell. The two charts I’m posting are of Bitcoin/US dollar. The first chart is the rise of the cryptocurrency up until the day it started trading on the CME futures market. The second chart is the same, with the addition of chart data AFTER it started trading on the futures market. Interesting timing, don’tcha think?

1 Like

Maybe it’s time to have a cryptocurrency section, I know it’s not mining, but i can tell you, there’s lot of money to be made there, it’s the tech bubble 2.0, a lot of people think it will crash, they’re wrong, it’s just starting and I don’t think it will crash like the techs in early 2000, now everybody is looking for the next Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple etc.

Apparently people higher up have been selling the bitcoin and the panicked crowd is following them dropping bitcoin to day’s levels. Sooner or later bitcoin is going to crash at the same time they have started to pump up bitcoin cash that’s the next pump.

I’m a old foggie…I’ll stick to what I think will retain value when all these bubbles collapse. PM’s and well run mining stocks. There’s something like 3200 crypto’s at present, how you going to pick the winners in something created out of thin air. Plus the Chinese are the wildcard in this IMO. They have the most computing power of anyone(most super computers, states has fallen behind them) and a lot will depend on if they decide to back one .IMO

Yes you are right about the Chinese most of the bitcoin trades are made in China and Japan. Chinese big gamblers.

I couldn’t disagree more. What exactly do you mean by crash anyway? There have already been five or six 30% corrections this year alone and it’s still standing. And the only people pumping Bitcoin Cash are Roger Ver and his cronies who facilitated the hard fork.

There is a distinct advantage in being first to market, and BTC will always have that even if it isn’t the best technology. Either way, there are much better crypto technologies out there, but I wouldn’t include BCH/BCC in that lot.

1 Like

That is simply not the case anymore. While China used to account for 90% of BTC transactions, Chinese regulations earlier this year have dramatically reduced that number. Just a month or so ago, the top three Chinese exchanges only accounted for 7% of BTC trades.

There are other forums for things like that.
Go there.

deleted by me.

Yes sir! Sorry to ruin your Christmas.

Tex horn, you are right, i will not miss this opp, because i am 54 years old, i will make some nice money with this, to bad for those who are stubborn, but i will not sit there and let the train pass, and the train hasn’t already pass yet :wink:

Inventus - results out soon?

Milling is Done
Dec. 13, 2017

1 Like

I imagine they’ll wait until next week when the world is back from holidays.

1 Like

Hey Rick, I remember you mentioning Inventus way back, but it was somewhat of a challenge to purchase the stock. Has anything changed in that regard?

Anyone invested or thinking of investing in shale oil plays, you might want to read this and take it under consideration. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-27/us-shale-oil-industry-swindling-stealing-energy-stay-alive

Yeah, nothing has changed in that regard. I own the dual-listed GNGXF stock which is available on the pink sheet market. However, in order to buy or sell it I have to call in the order to a broker as there isn’t an available bid and ask. Plus it is very thinly traded so it isn’t the type of stock you can be nimble with. Definitely a sock drawer type of holding. Those who have Canadian brokers can buy the primary listing IVS.V which itrades on the Toronto Venture Exchange. Many (most?) Toronto Venture Exchange mining stocks are dual listed like Inventus.

2 Likes

That’s how I bought it, GNGXF.

1 Like