Other Mining Stocks

Pebble Project

WOW! Thanks for posting.
I like NG, FWIW.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/novagold-achieves-major-milestone-publication-123000126.html

Karl mentioned NG a couple of years ago on the main thread, and I followed up on it back in Nov 2016 on this thread. It has an estimated mine life of 27 years. This is definitely only for those with a great deal of patience. For anyone interested in the Donlin Project (a part of NG claims area):

Project Overview
Large and high-grade gold project located in a tier-one jurisdiction, Alaska.
The Donlin Gold project is located in the historic Kuskokwim Gold Belt of Southwest Alaska, 10 miles north of the village of Crooked Creek, and is managed by Donlin Gold LLC, which is owned equally by wholly-owned subsidiaries of NOVAGOLD and Barrick Gold Corporation. Donlin Gold’s world-class status is defined by seven distinguishing characteristics: exceptional reserve size and production capability, high grade for large-scale open-pit mining, significant exploration upside, leverage to higher gold prices, and location in a favorable jurisdiction with strong partnerships.

NG CLAIM SIZE: 39 Moz
With measured and indicated resources of approximately 39 million ounces of gold (541 million tonnes of gold at an average grade of 2.2 grams per tonne, inclusive of proven and probable reserves of 34 million ounces of gold at an average grade of 2.09 grams per tonne), and an additional approximately six million ounces of inferred resources (92 million tonnes at an average grade of approximately 2.0 grams per tonne), Donlin Gold is one of the largest known undeveloped gold deposits today.

Donlin Gold Project:
…Measured resources total 8M tonnes grading 2.52 g/t Au, and indicated resources total 534M tonnes grading 2.24 g/t Au. Proven reserves total 8M tonnes grading 2.32 g/t Au, and probable reserves total 497M tonnes grading 2.08 g/t Au.
http://www.novagold.com/properties/donlin_gold/overview/

Well threw a bid in on IVS to try and double my position. Hopefully not shooting myself in the foot :wink:

2 Likes

I have some good amount of cash coming in late June. I hope to take advantage of these prices on IVS. Want to add to MUX as well, though I’d rather buy that under $2.00

The insiders continue to buy IVS regularly.

Thanks, I was wondering if they were

Insiders have been buying 10k-20k blocks every couple weeks or so for quite some time.

And a week ago Endurance Gold sole 2 million of its shares to 2 of their directors. EDG has been selling its IVS stake to raise money for its own operations. But at least this transaction was private and with people who know the company and property.

2 Likes

Copper moving up again, approaching $3.30. Good chance it breaks above, IMO, soon. This would take it back to 2013 / 2014 prices:
http://www.macrotrends.net/1476/copper-prices-historical-chart-data

From FreePort’s latest presentation:

Copper Market Commentary
Real Demand Growing in Key Regions

• Positive Momentum Continues in China
  • U.S. and Europe Healthy
  • Cathode Consumption Increasing with Tighter Scrap Availability
  • Supply Constraints Continue**
    -Absence of Major Projects in the Pipeline
    •Concentrate Market Expected to Remain Tight
    •Exchange Stocks Currently Higher, but Offset by Lower Chinese Bonded Stocks
    • Long Term Fundamentals Increasingly Strong
      •Deficits Appear Inevitable
      •Wood Mackenzie Estimates 4.5Mt/a of New Projects Required Over the Next
      Decade
  • 7-10 Year Lead Time
  • Actionable Projects are Scarce
4 Likes

Anyone here keeping an eye on this one? (LUG:CA, FTMNF)

Project Overview

The Fruta del Norte gold deposit was discovered by Aurelian Resources in 2006 and two years later Kinross acquired the company for $1.2 billion. Lundin Gold purchased the asset from Kinross in 2014 for C$240 million. Since acquiring the asset, Lundin Gold has signed all major agreements with the Ecuadorian Government to start development, completed a feasibility study and a project update.

Fruta del Norte is now one of the next major gold mines currently being developed. It is a large, high-grade gold deposit with probable reserves of 4.9 million ounces of gold grading at 9.2 grams per tonne. Construction began mid-2017 and first gold is expected in the fourth quarter of 2019.
https://www.lundingold.com/en/fruta-del-norte/reserves-and-resources/

I read this morning that there was a hack into one of the smaller crypto currencies in South Korea. I don’t know much about cryptos other than the basics, but I’ve shied away from them for this very reason.

1 Like

Cryptos vs blockchain are different sides of the same coin. When it comes to a power grid shutdown I’d be finding some coconuts as a backup for sure! :wink:

1 Like

For those interested in Cobalt and Streaming …

Wheaton Precious Metals (WPM) Announces To Acquire Cobalt Stream From Vale Mine For $390M - Slideshow

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4181080-wheaton-precious-metals-wpm-announces-acquire-cobalt-stream-vale-mine-390m-slideshow?dr=1

Disclosure: I’ve had a long position in SLW → WPM for a number of years.

1 Like

I bought $5k of Bitcoin around 2010 when it was trading ~$100…two months later the largest exchange at that time, Mt. Gox, folded…my investment “vanished.” that was my brief experience with cryptocurrency.

3 Likes

Beyond Cryptocurencies … Records? Tokens? Mining?
Much more than that for those that may be interested in what it is and how it works.

1 Like

Had a couple interesting points. WTH its slow around here these days
Vancouver's cashed-up bargain hunter SSR on the prowl for next gold mine - BNN Bloomberg

Not sure how many are following Novo Resources (V.NVO, NSRPF), but a recent presentation by CEO and President Quinton Hennigh was published on YouTube here:

He gives an easy-to-follow history of how the company got to where it is, what they’re doing now, and the prospects going forward. I follow Novo due to the similarity (and more advanced at this point) of its deposits to Inventus, and of course, the Sprott factor.

Yeah, you might wanna spend the 50 minutes to watch it. I know Cornhusker and Elrac will.

2 Likes

HR, thanks. I have been following Novo for quite a while, just haven’t mentioned it here. I have built up a modest position in Artemis, Novo’s JV partner.

Haven’t looked into Artemis other than its association with Novo. What do you like about it?..asking out of curiosity, not doubting.

Well of course the “nuggety” conglomerate gold story is the same. The JV between Artemis and Novo is 50/50 so as far as Purdy’s Reward goes, the primary property involved in the JV, so the companies really own the same thing there. But Artemis’ market cap is more on the order of 125M $AUD high of 0.59 $AUD, currently $0.18 $AUD, and Novo is almost 700M $CAD, high of 8.84 $CAD, current $4.56. So all other things being equal, I think Artemis just has more head room in terms of valuation.

I like Artemis’ capability with the Radio Hill processing plant coming on line soon and being able to process or trial mine the conglomerate gold. The problem in the entire story is turning out to be how to actually establish a formal resource and grade when all the gold is in nuggets not in fine gold. You drill a hole and much of the time you simply miss the nuggets. So NVO is devising a consistent scientific method of digging trenches and taking larger samples of multiple Kg. But Artemis will be able to run hundreds / thousands of tonnes and establish a real average grade, at least on their property. That should help NVO though too. It would not be surprising to see NOV and ARV work together on this some how, although the two companies do not seem to be real friendly toward one another for some reason.

Also, unlike some of the other conglomerate gold plays, Artemis has plenty of money now, nearly $40M compared to Novo’s $70M. Neither should have to dilute to eternity (beyond what has already happened) or sell out pre maturely.

Artemis also has some other resources on other nearby properties, Cobalt, Copper etc. So they have some options and fall backs should something go wrong with the conglomerate gold story.

Novo has definitely benefited from the Sprott / Kirkland lake connection and for trading in Canada instead of Australia. And the Chairman of Artemis is a bit ‘colorful’ for the market as a whole. Not near the reputation of those two Novo parties. Artemis on the other hand only trades in volume on the Australian exchange so it’s harder to access for many.

In the end I am hoping to benefit from the Sprott / Kirkland connection without paying for the premium upfront and without taking too much more risk than Novo itself presents.

3 Likes