Cerro/Medinah/Auryn- 2018 Q2 General Discussion ⛰

Last week Cerro was trading at what? .07/.08 range?
Bottom line. No one knows right now where this is headed.
Kevin has warned there is still substantial risk with this investment. I tend to agree.

From Mauruzio,

, thanks to the work led by Kevin, the only risk we have is normal mining risk.

They haven’t told us anything about mining developments.

2 Likes

Correct.
Normal Mining risk - substantial risk.

“normal mining risk” would be a welcome development…you need to have money prior to “mining”

2 Likes

Hi friends. Just dropping in to share a little bit of introspection on things I learned about myself. I’m reading (and understanding this article) 5 years too late. Better late than never as the saying goes.

I am starting to understand that excessive risk is a fool’s game. For every one person who gets an outsized return, there are hundreds losing. I had no respect or appreciation for risk and it cost me two decades of savings.

Today, it’s slow and steady wins the race. Take my 8-10% annualized and forget about home runs.

For those on the younger side with ears to hear, there’s a lesson there. I almost started using new money taking excessive risk again to recapture my 90%+ MDMN paper losses. That’s like a poker player on tilt. Don’t go there.

==================

Regarding the current state of affairs - not much any of us can do. CDCH will update us when it is ready to. AURYN is the controlling shareholder with Maurizio being in control there. I know Maruizio well enough to have confidence that we’re going to be treated fairly. IF the property has sufficient economic value we’ll participate in the recovery.

13 Likes

Hindsight is always great, but having said that, we are where we are, but the question remains where are we, since we really have no information on what is going on financially or from an operations point of view? Investing without information is not investing at all, it is simple gambling.

BTW I believe only 20 % of retail investors make money. in the stock market, fwiw, so the odds are against you to begin with and even more so in penny stocks.

2 Likes

I don’t know where you are. But I know where I want to be and its there. But I am here. Maybe we can find somewhere else to be? :wink:

Just curious Karl, were you really surprised by this?
I was surprised shares are recorded in the name of Maurizio Cordova, and not AHC (edit).
Does Mr. Cordova really “own” that much of the company?
Was this to prevent naming the individuals behind AMC (AHC)?

AURYN used to be owned by MASGLAS as it’s premiere and most advanced project. A subsidiary? It no longer can be, can it? It has been evident for a couple years that although there is a very close relationship by the principals in both companies, AURYN and MASGLAS are both private companies with separate corporate governance so far as “the books” are concerned. This should become quite evident once CDCH financials come out, IMO. The financials will not reflect the books of MASGLAS, only reveal minimal required by AURYN. I do not expect too much detail as CDCH is only obligated to limited financial disclosure as a pink sheet until it moves to a higher tier.

“The inevitable never happens and the unexpected always does.” - Ruchir Sharma

If properties were lost due to taxes not being paid and those properties (worthless or not) are under cdch, that is a material event and should be reported since ownership has converted from private to public.
It’s a fiduciary responsibility.
This non-communication is ridiculous.

4 Likes

I would be very interested in knowing if Medinah has set a record date and an ex-dividend date for the Cerro dividend. Does anyone have clear knowledge of these things?

For those unfamiliar with these terms… What Does Ex-Dividend Mean, and What Are the Key Dates?

1 Like

And there goes the price down in the last couple minutes.
I’m sick of this shit.
I’m reporting fraud.

Its the stock market and its been fraudulent for years. Been reported by others over the years and until someone higher up decides to change things it will not matter.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting that link, TR. I’d like to hear that MDMN has received it’s apportioned shares from AURYN. Once that has been completed and reported, a NOBO list can be ordered for all current MDMN shareholders, along with an announcement for a record date.

After Medinah has it’s allocated shares delivered, the Declaration Date is first order of business, then date of record (ex-dividend precedes record date by a couple days) followed by payment date. Coincident with date of record a NOBO list to identify individual brokerage account owners must be made. Any of these dates can be months apart, but traditionally they are fairly close to each other. After that, the actual transfer should be seamless. Here’s another very useful link that may interest some shareholders with additional features:

2 Likes

That is if they do a dividend I believe the better approach is a simple exchange of shares.

2 Likes

An “exchange” of shares would be simple. Is this before or after shares become unrestricted?
A dividend would garner much greater attention if there is good news for several months preceding the actual transfer of CDCH shares into MDMN. A NOBO list of MDMN shareholders would still be necessary before CDCH shares could be distributed into individual shareholder accounts. It would be good to see an upwards movement in MDMN’s PPS before all the CDCH shares become unrestricted.

3 Likes

An observation. AURYN certainly understands the history of MDMN and CDCH. They must also understand the ire that history has left with the shareholders, including themselves. Given that understanding, it is reasonable to expect they would realize the need to provide transparency as they had originally promised. So it comes down to one of two things and each of us on this board and elsewhere holding any interest in these stocks will decide for ourselves which it is. They either have no regard for the shareholders and are only concerned with recovering their own interests or they are legitimately unable to share information for whatever reason (legal, strategic, etc.). I don’t believe there’s any real middle ground here. And I like everyone here, I subscribe to one of these two positions. Good luck to all of our estates, because we’re likely not going to be the ones to derive any value from this one. Cheers!

8 Likes

Although what you write is valid, I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself. In the late 90’s and early 2000’s the pennies were making a lot of people money. The returns were awesome with quick turnaround times. It was euphoric–too euphoric–then the bubble burst…There was a one day 20% decrease which was the big tipoff —the disciplined traders that took their money out–made out well. The rest of us thinking the big desperate lie of “it will recover” —because no one wants the party to end --simply blew it for lack of experience and discipline. U are not alone.

Of course its fraudulent. Bootlegger Joe Kennedy was the first SEC Chair–that tells the story.

TR, I don’t quite follow what you are saying here. There is a Declaration date (announcement) preceding the Date of Record. The ex-dividend date is automatically a couple days before the date of record which is essentially the time allowed for any trades to settle into an account of the purchaser. It is the Declaration date that states the intention of a company to provide a dividend to its shareholders. In order to do this the company must identify who it’s shareholders are via ordering a NOBO list as of the date of record so that it knows whose account the dividend can be transferred to.

• In the case of any dividend action or action relating to a stock distribution of a listed stock, the Company must notify NASDAQ Corporate Data Operations using the appropriate form no later than 10 calendar days prior to the record date of such action.
• The Company must also provide public notice of a dividend action or stock distribution using a Regulation FD compliant method. Appropriate notification of the public disclosure must also be provided to NASDAQ MarketWatch.

It is possible for a simple direct exchange of the CDCH shares held by AURYN to be made to Medinah (the corporation). I do not see how a direct exchange to individual MDMN shareholders can be made without prior notice to shareholders. If someone can explain this “simple exchange of shares” I would greatly appreciate it. I presume a trading halt would precede such an exchange. What regulatory rules is this allowed under?

1 Like

It’s probably a misinterpretation on my part easy… I was up late last night, or early in the morning actually, and so an errant demon must’ve wedged it’s way into my brain. I’m going to continue to look like the fool, to some, and trust that current management intends to make good on things. Life is still good for me even if I lose the investment, so maintaining that mindset works best for me. It’s unfortunate that isn’t true for everyone here and they continue to have my empathy.

3 Likes