Auryn/Medinah - 2020 - 1st Half General Discussion

CASE IN POINT: I got into ELYGF at about 28 cents, and then [Uncle Eric] Sprott did a private financing for us, complete with warrants at a very cheap price, and diluting the living you-know-what out of us - now the stock is selling for 1.30’ish and has some $20 Million in the bank for more royalty deals, with the CEO saying he’s gunning for Royal Gold/Franco-Nevada status. So no, dilution is not always bad.

Personally I believe MDMN is way down but only for artificial reasons - the company has had NO NEWS for two years, radio silence, so that’s what we would expect. I still believe MDMN will come back, and in a big way. Having averaged down to about 1.2 cents per share, I’m confident that Maurizio, et al, will generate a nice profit for me. Do we really think Maurizio is in this to lose?

3 Likes

Yes. This would be a good example of healthy dilution. I know ELY pretty well and they have been around almost as long as RGLD/FNV but clearly not quite as successful. They seem to make good investments which buy them time to add to the royalty portfolio (as they are sold). Sprott has been a bit “loose” as of late but his endorsement of ELY has clearly helped the optics.

In the case of AUMC dilution will be a bit more tricky given that the current market cap most likely exceeds what it will cost to get into production (even bulk testing 5,000 tpd which has a lighter permitting load). This will be Mauriziio’s big challenge. I’m not in a position to speculate what is in his best interest but his current ownership really isn’t relevant. Yes, he has a lot of skin in the game (~70%) but, depending on his level of “greed” he can easily own 100%, 90%, pick a number with the next capital raise. Let’s not forget that he took a larger percentage with the last capital call. Maybe he’s feeling philanthropic in his older age and investors here can elect to bet on this altruism. However, this is a necessary consideration when buying shares. Claiming that he and family and friends already own shares in broken public vehicles has no relevancy on the path forward. When you have control of a company that needs money you have complete discretion on the recapitalization. This is not an opinion but rather a truism to how the capital markets operate.

Thank you for your input and opinion. Believe it or not, I do value what you have to say - as I do the opinions of others. Really.

On the skin in the game not being relevant, I guess one would have to believe that Maurizio won’t mind seeing his family and friends (some of whom have reputedly invested here) go down the tubes. You probably know things that I do not (I think you sold out a year or so ago), but I’m not there … yet. I was not one of those early investors in Aurelian’s Fruta Del Norte who got out too early, but I can appreciate the wisdom of those who got “schooled” by making the mistake of not seeing the writing that was clearly on the wall. No, I have been bent over the chair before by other junior exploration companies, such as Plexmar Resources, Logan Resources, et al, and so have a … different … experience. Thank you sir, may I have another. Frankly, at one point I swore I’d never invest in another junior explorer. But, I see things different with MDMN. Hochschild decided to get involved, and I think they know more than me, you, and brecciaboy put together, times 10,000. Other mining professionals have put their seal of approval on the ADL as well. The claims have all been put together. Potential immediate production. Many, many hectares of potential mineralization. Hyperspectral imaging and the interpretation thereof by Sepulveda-Perez, a known expert. To each his own. Hope you get back on board in time to make some coin.

1 Like

Nice to see Gold hit $1800 8.5 year high

1 Like

New topic created
Auryn/Medinah - 2020 - 2nd Half General Discussion