Auryn/Medinah - 2020 - 2nd Half General Discussion

QUESTION: Does anybody know a good way to track insider buying on an OTC stock - finance.yahoo.com discloses only that there is an “acquisition or disposition”, but does not tell you which one.

Per the U.S. State Department, following is the Covid status in Santiago, Chile - including Lampa - looks like if we’re lucky October could be the first time we might see any progress (just a guess):

Country-Specific Information :

• As of 11:00 am July 15, 2020, Chile has 321,205 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders. Chile remains in Phase 4 of the outbreak, i.e., uncontrolled and widespread community transmission.

• Chile has declared a preventative quarantine for parts of Santiago and nationwide curfew requirements. See important details below under “Quarantine Information”.

• Chile is under a daily nationwide curfew from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am. To obtain a permit (salvoconducto) to leave your residence during the curfew period, visit the Comisaria Virtual or the nearest police station.

• The Chilean government has declared a 90-day state of emergency, which took effect March 19. The declaration was renewed on June 16 for an additional 90 days. Travelers should be prepared for further travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice at the local, regional, and national government levels. The Chilean armed forces are present at ports of entry to ensure compliance with these restrictions.

• Across Chile, travelers should be aware that any health and safety measures currently in place, including restrictions on movement and gatherings in groups, may become stricter with little notice. American citizens should exercise extreme caution in the context of a national health emergency by maintaining social distancing practices, following quarantine and sanitary procedures as directed by the host government, including curfew, and following all sanitary and hygiene guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to mitigate health risks.

• U.S. Embassy Santiago has suspended routine consular services. Only emergency U.S. citizen services will be available. Taking into consideration recent quarantine measures for Santiago announced by the Chilean government, U.S. citizens with a need for emergency consular services should contact the Consular Section at SantiagoUSA@state.gov or by calling +56 2 2330 3000.

Quarantine Information:

• The Chilean Ministry of Health has established procedures for the quarantine and treatment of any potential or confirmed cases of COVID-19.

**Extension of quarantine for Gran Santiago (includes all comunas in the Santiago Province, as well as the comunas of Puente Alto, San Bernardo, Padre Hurtado, Buin, Lampa, and Colina) until Friday, July 17.

http://oreninc.com/orenthink/entry/oreninc-index-powers-up-as-financings-surge

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-07-17/Juniors-are-finally-getting-financed.html?sitetype=fullsite

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-07-17/Be-careful-of-the-feeding-frenzy-in-the-junior-gold-exploration-space-Mickey-Fulp.html

The articles at these 3 links seem to indicate that money for financings has finally trickled down to the junior miners. When the POG goes up there is always a pecking order that ensues where the major and mid-tier producers get all of the attention at first. After their share prices take off then the juniors finally get some attention. The last article written by Mickey Fulp (“the mercenary geologist”) had a quote I found interesting: “Find stocks that are unknown, unwanted, unloved, and undervalued. And I’ll tell you, there’s still some of those around. We’ve picked off a couple of them over the last two or three months,” he said.

I find it interesting that this binge of new financings is occurring despite Covid-19’s temporary grinding to a halt of some mining plans.

5 Likes

Just took a look at the US Embassy in Chile website - looks like the same restrictions are still in effect. Maybe we can get a financing deal done while we have some down time? And be ready to go in September/October?

I thought we had 10 million earmarked for starting exploration or did I miss that?

We don’t have it - I think Hochschild has the option to spend $7 Million on exploration during the first 5 years after the deal was effected in order to earn a 51% interest in the property (the LDM). An option to invest an additional $23 Million is available to Hochschild to gain an additional 9% interest. If all $30 Million is invested, Hochschild will own 60% of the LDM project with AURYN holding the remaining 40% as a joint venture partner. Somebody also said Hochschild is notorious for being … slow, so maybe we can expect them to get to work at the latest time possible in order to protect their investment?

British, slow as … well you know. Plus a lot of irons in the fire.
TDK

1 Like

Gold jumping to 1840 this morning silver at 21

Come on Auryn let’s get this show going!

1 Like

Hi Done Deal and mrb,

The intrinsic “value” of the ADL Mining District is growing at a brisk pace but once again we need a catalyst to convert that enhanced “value” into share price improvement. Once we get a catalyst, we have a lot of making up to do in the share price. Copper has made a nice recent move back to the $3 per pound area. Gold is breaking out nicely and over the last 2 days silver has gone pretty much parabolic. The interest in funding the juniors is near all-time highs.

The Covid-19 lockdown in the Lampa area was supposed to be lifted on 7/17/20 but recently got extended for another week until the 24th. Spring is now around the corner in South America. If there’s a silver lining to this cloud of ours it might be that the Covid shutdown occurred in the dead of their winter but at least the metals prices are cooperating nicely.

Since the LDM appears to be a sediment hosted stratabound copper-silver+/-gold deposit, these recent moves in the metals prices may get Hochschild into a more aggressive stance at the LDM once the Covid issues are closer to a resolution.

As far as the $10 million issue earmarked for ADL exploration and development, back during the option phase between Medinah and Auryn Mining Chile (the private company), Medinah made Auryn privateco prove that they had the funds lined up to execute on their exploration plan. Maurizio/Auryn holdingco secured a $10 million line of credit with a Madrid-based bank called Banco de Sabadel. They have a subdivision that caters to the investment needs of ultra-wealthy families. One update that we did get out of Maurizio way back when cited that they had spent over $5 million to date at the ADL. We haven’t heard anything since then.

5 Likes

Gold running again this evening 1860

Silver at 22.30

BB. I think you need to do yourself and this board a favor and reach out to Maurizio for an update. It’s highly irresponsible to continue your baseless speculation without actually hearing where things stand from the horse’s mouth.

Will Maurizio share material, non-public information? No. But any astute investor establishes a dialogue with management. Given the level of your contribution on this board it really is inexcusable to opine to this extent based on what was said at meeting in Vegas several years ago.

3 Likes

John where do we stand? Sounds like you and Maurizio have been in contact. Please if you can share to the board what you and Maurizio spoke about. I don’t think this guy will share any info with a shareholder and not post it on the website. He can get into some deep shit! It just doesn’t make any sense! These guys haven’t said a damn thing this year outside of Solar response to Zotron and even that wasn’t put on the website. Do me a favor if you talk to him again tell him to start acting like a business man in charge and keep his shareholders informed as to where we are at with everything happening on the Alto. He owes us that! TIA

There’s only two reasons I can come up with for the silence and complete lack of info:
1- NOTHING is happening and we’re screwed…again, or
2- There is an awesome plan in the works but for some reason (I have no clue), they want to keep the share price in the gutter before they pull the trigger.

3 Likes

Been saying that for 15 years! Still not sure.

2 Likes

Price of gold up again 1890 I sure hope Cordoba is watching

1 Like

Ahhhh the feeling of watching gold shoot past 1900 and our property gaining more value! Sad thing is we are still sitting with a SP of .0014 and silence from Cordoba.

2 Likes

You would think someone would be chomping at the bit to get a piece of this property IF it is what we’ve been told for years.

3 Likes

They already have. Hochchild locked it up in an option agreement.

As far as the rest of the property, they have no doubt have been in negotiations. If you don’t think they have then you are naive.

Guys like Maurizio don’t spend years of their life taking on this monumental challenge and dealing with the likes of characters such as Les Price if this wasn’t 10000% worthwhile.

This will prove out to be an enormous mining operation.

2 Likes

Jimmy, sorry I don’t know Maurizio, would you kindly give me some perspective on the above? How long has Maurizio been lurking?

1 Like

Down in Santiago, Chile, MDMN is not the only strange game in town:

– madmen