Auryn/Medinah - 2021 - 2nd Half General Discussion

Agreed. I echo’d that sentiment a month ago. I understand that there isn’t a high level of fixation on the share price at the moment but the company should be providing bi-monthly updates on volume and grade at a minimum. Good or bad results. This would allow the “launchpad” to take off from a higher base. I haven’t heard a reasonable explanation as too why that isn’t happening.

2 Likes

Could it be that they are not shipping?

On a different note I would of liked to hear what Maurizio was saying in the tunnel but unfortunately the sound was muted on the you tube feed. For what reasons?

He’s probably just swearing at the ‘a’ holes from Hochschild Mining for screwing us. :smirk:

1 Like

Tax Loss selling going on ? I wonder what the Dec. low will be ?

So far 9,084,015 @$0.0025

I am hoping I get that Christmas card from Maurizio this year! Be nice to hear from him with good news before the Holidays instead of after the new year.

Moo, you will not hear anything until the normal quarterly update. They stated they will update quarterly with accomplishments, objectives, and outlook. Good or bad. They’ve done it every quarter this year. I expect it will continue. It is exactly what they should be doing.

Also, we really need to separate AUMC from MDMN. They are completely different companies. The only connection is MDMN owns shares in AUMC. AUMC management conducts its affairs by doing what it deems best for AUMC. As it should.

9 Likes

Perhaps. Problem is that tax loss sellers are cutting it close if they wish to get back in before the January update because they’ll be stuck in the 30 day wash trade window.

I think in general the stock fizzles out with prolonged periods of silence, but AUMC has stuck to consistently putting out their quarterly updates and they are clearly working toward a definitive end goal of being a cashflow positive producer imminently.

I wouldn’t look at this recent few weeks of no twitter updates as anything to be concerned about. Regular shipments probably have haulted while they work feverishly to intersect the DL vein. Running into even more promising mineralization on the way should be a welcomed delay even though we want to see shipments now. If we keep experiencing promising mineralization and extraordinary assay results at every turn, this investment will surely pop.

Don’t forget this bullet point from the last quarterly update:

• Confirm interception of the Don Luis vein to begin exploitation on multiple fronts and, once consistent production is achieved, develop a financial forecast, and begin to outline reserves on La Fortuna and Lipangue mining district.
6 Likes

Any thoughts on what happens to our investment if ( *** ) Boric is elected president?

Just thought I’d throw this out while I’m here about to post a gold chart…

Here’s to my fellow MDMN/CDCH/AUMC compatriots. May you have a merry, happy & joyous holiday season and new year, and may we witness continuing progress from this (hopefully) once-in-a-lifetime investment! :smiley:

17 Likes

Thank you, TR for adding so much to our community. Best wishes for the new year to you, also. :tada:

6 Likes

Right back atcha Cabezon! Thank you.

1 Like

Well he won, I’m sure he’s going to support higher taxation. We shall see, but any Chilean president would be foolish to be anti-mining because it would seriously cripple the tax base for which tax from. Highrr gold prices will supercede the higher tax rate. Even if you are taxed 99% for every dollar gold goes up, we are still net positive one cent. I use that extreme cases to illustrate.

Maybe Doc or someone else more into the mining politics of Chile can give a more in depth and informed answer.

1 Like

Let me know if there is any thing else I can do

2 Likes

Chile president

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks GC… My truck could use a wash and the gutters on the house need some work, but I don’t think that’s what you had in mind. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know how long terms are in Chile, but you can put this stock on the back burner and hope he doesn’t confiscate the land during his term. Nothing will move forward while this left wing activist is in power.

Couple of things to consider. It appears his motives regarding mining are mostly related to environmentalism and increasing taxes on copper. This focuses most of the attention on the mining giants and on the glacier situation in the Andes and some coastal ecosystems.

Auryn has already gone green and working with a local university to pursue that. They are too small to be on anybody’s radar and environmental concerns on the Alto are as minimal as they can be especially since they are currently going with underground mining vs open pit etc. The little guys are already subsidized operations so seems unlikely that they will tax them further. (Of course, with the high grade and good location, mining costs for Auryn will be lower than average.) My guess, this will have minimal impact on this investment.

15 Likes

Well I could use a few warm day’s :rofl:

2 Likes

35 year old student protester as your new president. This “kid” will be going up against tough, mature, savvy world leaders. Can you say deer in the headlights? Way to go people of Chile.