Cerro/Medinah/Auryn- 2018 Q1 General Discussion šŸŒ„

Easy, I enjoyed meeting you and others at the informational meeting and appreciate you responding.
You also heard the same things I heard regarding production starting in 16 and ramping up in 17.
My beef is they havenā€™t corrected that statement and let us know why things changed.
I understand things can change in mining but that is a big statement made by leadership that was not followed up on.
Your assessment of the situation is probably right on the money and appreciate you offering that.
Youā€™ve been in this a long time like many and know weā€™ve heard a lot of BS over the years mostly driven by the POS Les Price
That BS always led to investor speculation which is where we seem to be again.
I just wish Auryn would let us know the facts instead of us having to speculate.

10 Likes

This stock has had many disappointments for all shareholders for far too many years. The transformation into a single entity has been very difficult with all the twists and turns worthy of a novel. One thing that is difficult for investors is realizing that between Medinah and Cerro, shareholders now only have about a 30% interest in the ADL concessions, but we do have real miners with a plan for exploring and exploiting the profitable parts of the mountain. The penny stock scammers that formerly were running the show have been vacated, but at great cost to those invested here. We will have promotion by regular updates once all shareholders are individually secured into the company that holds title to all the ADL mining concessions. I donā€™t think we need the extreme volatility that is so typical of many pink sheet companies.

There is value in the mountain, a methodical plan for developing it in the most economical fashion, and the expertise needed to make it a reality. I make this statement based not only on the Informational Meeting, but on AURYNā€™s detailed reports leading up to the meeting. The most significant information is actually contained in the 11 updates that AURYN released in 2017. I see a company that is going through the planning stages of making this a real mining company that all shareholders will have an equitable stake in. I certainly agree with your disappointment in managementā€™s being tight lipped with information. I think the reason for this is temporary until the transformation is completed. Management will have frequent PRs as in the year leading up to the Informational meeting. This will happen when all individual shares (AURYN, Medinah and Cerro) have been consolidated and free trading into a single corporate entity.

8 Likes

No updates for a year will put a tremendous amount of selling pressure on our stockā€¦

2 Likes

Current shareholders are not here to daytrade, IMO, but will be paying careful attention to annual/quarterly reports for information. There is very little liquidity considering MDMN has nearly 3B OS shares and 2.15B shares in the float.

1 Like

Letā€™s be realistic. As more and more time passes shareholders might be forced to sell a portion of their position simply because they need the funds. I know I am getting closeā€¦

1 Like

Last week you asked about the lack of news from AURYN:

I take it you did not like my answer. Apologies if I was late to give an answer. I posted what I realistically feel is the current strategy of management. I didnā€™t say I was pleased with it, but I think it is realistic. Many have felt the need to liquidate their positions over the past couple of years in this (MDMN and CDCH) stock. Unfortunately, this stock has been a very major position in many a portfolio and a major disappointment so far. The shareholder base has grown noticeably smaller. At least it does not appear we have the rampant volatility we have seen in the past and may well be at a bottom for this stock.

There are many stocks to be very unhappy about today and there is much turmoil in the general market with the ongoing correction. Those investors that exited early did quite well. I liquidated a few stocks I had major gains in, but have held on to most PM stocks even though there are only a few that are still green. Everyone must tailor their investment strategy based on their on personal goals, needs, resources and insights. I accept my own decisions for the losses I incur, and there have been many over the years, but I also try to look forward to profiting from those investments I feel hold the most promise to limit losses and provide an opportunity for gain. There will be better days ahead.

5 Likes

mangelsen,

Not only that, people I know have died and not made a penny. Iā€™m getting up there in age and I will be perfectly honest with you Iā€™m wondering if I will see a profit before I croak. I have a ton of money in this thing and canā€™t afford to sell without losing my butt. I was at the shareholders meeting and listened to Mauricio talk about the mountain he was very specific and thorough, I thought this is great this is the most information Iā€™ve heard in years. Little did I know, I would be sitting here now and havenā€™t heard anything since, so much for communication. I have nobody to blame but myself. Sorry, just really canā€™t believe this ā€˜frustratedā€™.

15 Likes

Per ā€œPressreaderā€ ā€¦shareholders will not have the chance to see the accusations against Mr Price tested in court. ā€¦filed Dec 26, 2016ā€¦
Most the 'old timers are dead / gone / or close to the end. Jail bird flies free
againā€¦ example, 02/09/2004. Ironic, the testimony of ADLvalue got him leverage to get off and fly again. And that value is why we are still here.
At this point Iā€™m not sure how this will work out for us. Maybe by late spring we will have more info moving forward.

1 Like

Looks like Auryn isnā€™t the only exploration company in Chile that has gone into silent mode. In fact, the majority of exploration companies have done this. (Note: I donā€™t have access to the rest of the article.)

http://cexr.cl/junior-companies-were-cautious-in-2017

JUNIOR COMPANIES WERE CAUTIOUS IN 2017

February 2018: Only 38% of small and medium-scale exploration companies reported their project activities over the last year, according to the Exploration Companies Register recently published by Cochilco.
It identified 114 companies with exploration projects in Chile in 2017. 79 of these are junior scale (69.3%), 15 are medium-scale (13.2%), 4 are State owned (national or foreign) and 16 involve joint ventures that are financed by their owners.
The report mentions ā€œ114 companies were identified. 43 of them reported their project activities over the last year. Only 21.4% of these projects (294 in total) reported activities during 2017, while 52.7% of projects have been suspendedā€. (Read more)

Note: The Coochilco report(In spanish) it references can be found here: https://www.cochilco.cl/Listado%20Temtico/Catastro%20de%20empresas%20exploradoras.pdf

The report mentions Medinah.

2 Likes

Truly a sad situation.
This is a real problem that has had little visibility lately.
Has anyone compiled a list of known investors that have passed away over the past several years?
How many estates with shares in MDMN or CDCH have been liquidated as a result by estate trustees?
How are certificate shares of these individuals accounted for?

2 Likes

I used to look at this stock once a dayā€¦then I started looking at it once a weekā€¦then once a monthā€¦I guess I am going to start looking once a yearā€¦

6 Likes

Come back Dec 31 when they send us another Christmas kick to the groin area

2 Likes

They are the directors of CDCH so we now have a contact link.I personally will send them a message voicing my dissatisfaction concerning their lack of transparency and fiduciary duty to their shareholders. Maybe some should join in.

4 Likes

Can you please provide the link

info@cerrodorado.com

FYI -

http://masglas.com/masglas-chile-field-trip-2018/

2 Likes

Thanks Kevinā€¦Is there any other scintilla of information you can leave us with that might help take away the anxiety of our current situation? If not, we all understand. Just feeling a little desperate I guessā€¦

Nice to see Maglas moving and listed with heavy hitters but what does it do for Auryn/Mdmn/cdch?
The only thing I can get out of this is Mauruzios comment about waiting for commodities to recover in 18.

2 Likes

On Maglas website under each project going on it states at the bottom ā€œMaglas Exploration works are underwayā€

Thatā€™s been there forever.

1 Like