MDMN - 2016-02-01 Weekly Discussion

Hurricane Rick has always been one of my hero’s. On the occassions that I check in on I-Hub I usually see what he’s posted in response to the detractors. It reminds me of a cat playing with a mouse. Here’s something he posted yesterday in case you don’t go over there:

"LOL…yes, it’s amazing the length that Auryn Mining and the executives of Volcan Mining will do to perpetuate this “scam”. Like, let’s see…

Sink more than $4.8 million into drilling and exploration;

Hire reputable experienced geologists such as Aquiles Alegria of CODELCO and Luciano Bocanegro of Hochschild;

Acquire 150 million shares (and probably more by now) of MDMN on the open market;

Attempt to purchase 350 million shares of MDMN in a private transaction, of which they successfully purchased and had delivered 60 million shares;

Purchase 4,000 hectares of claims surrounding ADL to control upwards to 7,500 hectares thus far;

Spend resources improving all of the local access roads to ADL;

Exercise options to acquire the 3 properties (Cerro Dorado, NUOCO and Caren) surrounding Medinah’s land package;

Put one of their own, Sr. Roberto de Romano Letts, on MDMN’s BOD;

File exploration and exploitation permits and environmental impact studies with the Chilean ministry of mines;

Present at PDAC 2016 (to be publicly confirmed);

Etc.

Hmmm…What will Auryn think of next just to perpetuate this “scam” - begin mining and shipping ore to ENAMI? Begin reporting revenues? The scoundrels!!!

Listen, you will not get an argument from me regarding how poorly mismanaged MDMN has been over the years and how bad of a long term investment this has been with lost opportunity cost. Only those who have traded it have done well. Management has made HUGE mistakes, questionable self-dealings and have diluted most of this company’s once-promising potential upside into the ground.

However, the undercurrent of potential that has kept shareholders involved with this investment has always been all of the potential in the Altos de Lipangue property. MDMN should have done what is occurring now years, perhaps decades, ago, but it was mismanaged both in Chile by JJ Quijano (now removed from the picture by Auryn) and in North America. At this point if someone can’t see that Auryn is legitimately moving forward to monetize a property that by all counts demonstrates economic potential, then they are simply too blinded by MDMN’s past missteps and shenanigans and are not being intellectually honest in assessing the current state of affairs with this investment."

18 Likes

Feb 05, 2016 15:43 NY Time

Bid/Ask 1170.40 / 1171.40
Low/High 1144.40 / 1171.40
Change +15.00 +1.30%
30daychg +76.60 +7.00%
1yearchg -94.10 -7.44%

Everybody Loves Gold…Again

Friday February 05, 2016 15:40

(Kitco News) - It seems investors and the mainstream media are saying ‘my precious’ to the metals again. This week, gold and silver hit multi-month highs while the dollar (the thorn in gold’s side) has continued to lose value against other major currencies, including the euro, which had an impressive rally. It is a reverse scenario investors have been living with for the past few years. Since the start of the year, the dollar index (DXY) has been struggling to breach the key 100 level.

In turn, everyone is talking gold again, including making the top five searched keywords on Twitter this week.

Three-and-half-month highs were bestowed upon both gold and silver this week. Gold priced in U.S. dollars is up more than 9% since the start of the year. The metal has not only shined in U.S. dollar terms but based on Kitco’s Gold-Currency Charts, gold priced in both “hard” and “other” currencies have all posted gains in the last 30 days.

Mining stocks were among the biggest gainers of the week, with the NYSE Arca Gold Bugs index (HUI) up 15.8% for the week through Thursday’s close.

However, Friday’s weaker jobs number, which analysts expected to be bullish for gold, didn’t help the metal… The January employment report showed the key non-farms payrolls up 151,000, following a strong rise of 292,000 in December. A reading of up 185,000 was expected.

April Comex gold settled Friday $1,157.7 an ounce, relatively unchanged on the day. March Comex silver settled at $14.778 an ounce, down 7.2 cents on the day.

But not everyone is betting on the metals. Some are more interested in other commodities. Legendary value investor Warren Buffett made headlines as his company, Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.B), announced that it increased its exposure to oil-refining company Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX). Phillips 66 has a market cap of $42.36 billion. Buffett has been very vocal about his disdain for gold.

Finally… Super Bowl Sunday* is coming and so is the battle for the ring! Super Bowl 50 will be as much about the bling as it is about the game, says our reporter Neils Christensen in his weekend piece. He examines how the competition around the design of the championship ring can be just as fierce as the event itself.

In case you missed it…Tech stocks got crushed today, including LinkedIn and Tableau, while CME Group, the world’s biggest futures-market operator, beats profits and sales expectations.

1 Like

The good news on that front is that 99.9% of the investors out there have never heard of MDMN…so they don’t have the bitter taste in their mouths over how mgt. has mismanaged clown school.

1 Like

New update on the AURYN Media Page!!!

I love the last line!

“We expect it to be cash flow positive that will supplement AMCs exploration efforts and ultimate exercise of the JV Mining Option Agreement with MMC,” said Cordova.

If anyone had a question about whether or not they’re going to exercise the option, there’s your answer!

10 Likes

Exactly. If there has ever been a bigger disconnect between the asset (the mountain) and the pps being paid to own a piece of that asset…I haven’t heard about it in 20 years of trading and investing in stocks. This is beyond absurd…and as someone here wrote yesterday, I can remember runs in this stock fro .05 and .06 cents to .18 just on a rumor…NOW, we actually have assays that put those rumors to shame and we’re at 1/10th the market cap. Madness. It just shows to go you how important it is to have the right people in the right seats on the bus. JJ’s famous quote, “We’re all family at Medinah,” has borne out to be truer in ways that none of us would have dreamed as the echo of the words ‘done done done’ rang down the hallways. Those of us who have managed to hang on are going to be rewarded for the cruel and unusual punishment we have had to endure at the hands of our mismanagement team…but I’m clear that it wasn’t anything more than pure stubbornness (and Auryn) on my part that will carry the day.

3 Likes

Wow there you have it! Great News!!

1 Like

For those of us with old eyes:

Auryn Mining Chile (private)
Has consolidated ownership over the Altos De Lipangue project in the Metropolitan Region with three acquisitions. The company has acquired 85% of the outstanding shares of NUOCO (LDM), effectively exercising the corresponding mining operation agreement, and 100% of the Fortuna and Lonco Millareupu mining properties that cover the Fortuna de Lampa mine. Auryn also acquired Minera Mantos Azules Chile, which holds permits to produce up to 5,000tpm from high-grade veins from the Caren mine on the site. Executive Chairman Maurizio Cordova revealed that a team of mining engineers is travelling to Santiago in February to begin preparation and design work for starting production. Recent gravimetric fire assay results confirmed results of up to 124g/t Au on samples from the Merlin I vein in the Caren mine sector. “These important results in precious and base metals encourage the company to advance in the early production evaluation opportunity,” Auryn said. Following these recent acquisitions, Auryn has one pending option agreement with Medinah Mining Chile. “Adding over 3,000 hectares of ownership to the AURYN Mining Chile SpA portfolio is an exciting step forward for AMC…” We expect it to be cash flow positive that will supplement AMCs exploration efforts and ultimate exercise of the JV Mining Option Agreement with MMC,” said Cordova.

Note the word “pending”

4 Likes

Looks like the “pending” refers to the ADL option agreement. Can we make the jump to assume AURYN now has 100% title to the LDM/NUOCO mining concessions and 85% “ownership” (shares), and that MDMN owns the remaining 15% of shares.
Is there a separate production agree that is associated with these claims? I would make the same jump regarding the exercise to obtain a 100% title to the Fortuna claims? The production agreement with CDCH would be totally separate and may not be the same as that obtained for any early production on LDM/NUOCO and may have a NDA attached (until a TO is offered?), IMO.

The property consists of the two mining concessions: Lonco Millarepu 1-60 and Fortuna 61-120 that are adjacent to the eastern boundary of AURYN´s Altos de Lipangue project. The agreement gives AURYN the right to earn an initial 60% interest in the property by completing a minimum of 3,000 meters of diamond drilling. An additional 25% interest in the property (85% total) can be earned by the expenditure of a further US $ 1.5 million on the property by or before August 1, 2017.

When will see an official release regarding the particulars of acquiring the Fortuna claims instead of an ambiguous mention that 100% Lonco Millarepu 1-60 and Fortuna 61-120 was acquired in a news article?>

Until they come to this site to learn about MDMN! arghhh

1 Like

Yes. I believe you are correct there.

2 Likes

Would still like to know the details of Auryn’s deal with CDCH to consolidate these properties.

2 Likes

Kevin when Auryn published this is it only seen if you go to Auryn site or is this sent to mining companies in chile?

Btw Auryn spigot definitely is ON! We just need to get out to New blood unless Auryn wants to put as much info out as they can so they can enter the market again at these low prices

FYI, this media article posted to the AMC web page that I copied the image of appeared in the February 2016 issue of the Chile Explore Report on Page 10.

So @andy2, it is going out to the public. That’s why it’s under media.

Here is a clean copy.

AMC_Article.pdf (645.0 KB)

4 Likes

No, I certainly haven’t forgot that bit of information. So what I had suggested in my post is that maybe Auryn has opted at their discretion to exercise the purchase option. But the price they said they would now pay was not enough for MDMN to sign on the bottom line, thus more negotiations. So maybe the finalization of the purchase option is coming down to when MDMN feels the price is right to close the deal.

Thank you Kevin!

Did anyone else see that Gold shake this morning then shot up in the afternoon? I thinks that’s a great sign seeing that it held and went back up. Tells us Gold is moving up nicely again. 1200 maybe next week

Updated at Bid
Ask Change
% Change Low
High
Gold 1173.50 +18.10 1144.40
16:59 1174.50 +1.57% 1175.40
Close

2 Likes

All documents filed with Notorio during the recent trip to Chile are approved and legal. The process is to register them with the various govt departments such as the mining recorder. At that point they become posted on the computer system for anyone to access. Since the documents are approved and legal I would assume (which is dangerous in Medinah land) Auryn could release further information.

3 Likes

[quote=“andy2, post:377, topic:836”]
Did anyone else see that Gold shake this morning then shot up in the afternoon?
[/quote]Yes, Yesterday’s move definitely remarkable!

2 Likes