MDMN - 2016-02-08 Weekly Discussion

###Clearing Up (Mis)Expectations

Hopefully this post clears up some expectations or mis-expectations in our case.

The option agreement contract MDMN has with AMC is public. AMC will receive 100% of the MDMN’s Altos de Lipangue properties and in return MDMN will receive $100 million dollars (no less, no more) and a 15% equity interest in AMC.

This option can be exercised at any point in time before its expiration based on AMC’s discretion. MDMN has no right to refuse or renegotiate, regardless of what is or isn’t found on the property. If AMC presents a check for $100 million and 15% interest in AMC to MDMN, the property is AMC’s and the equity in AMC is MDMN’s.

It really is that simple. I think some of us initially misconstrued the words of the contract and ran off in some fanciful direction (not uncommon for us dreamers.) People get so focused on the word “minimum”. The focus is misplaced. It’s basically stating “an amount no less than.” It means AMC cannot expect to pay $95 million and receive some pro rata percent. But it also means AMC won’t be paying $125 million or $175 million based on what they find. I suppose they could if they wish, but there is no way they would do that. There are no auxiliary contracts with special formulas regarding a scaling or escalating option amount. Let’s get that notion out of our heads.

###Renegotiating the Option

Let me see if I can help clear this up using AMC’s and MDMN’s Feb 1st shareholder updates.

In MDMN’s update we read.

After many meetings and negotiations between all parties involved and multiple trips to Chilean Notaria’s, an amalgamation of the NUOCO, Caren and CDCH interests on the ADL plateau occurred. With specific regard to the NUOCO properties, it is important to note that the position of Medinah Minerals, Inc. (MDMN) is currently unchanged. MDMN still possesses a 15% interest in the NUOCO property claims.

This is saying that AMC now has full control over the NUOCO claims, Caren Claims, and CDCH claims and that MDMN still retains their 15% interest in the NUOCO claims. How? Because AMC bought an 85% interest in NUOCO, AMC bought an external company, and AMC bought the two claims that CDCH owned. You can read AMC’s own release for this information.

Santiago, Chile, February 1, 2016 – AURYN Mining Chile SpA (“AURYN” or “the Company” or “AMC”) today announced the following three acquisitions:

• 85% of the outstanding shares of NUOCO (LDM), and in doing so effectively exercised the corresponding mining option agreement.
  • 100% of the Fortuna and Lonco Millarepu mining properties, that constitutes the Fortuna de Lampa mine.

Plainly speaking, they bought 85% of the outstanding shares of NUOCO. (MDMN owns the other 15%.) AMC bought Minera Mantos Azules Chile, and AMC bought the two properties that were under Cerro Derado Chile’s control.

It is not disclosed what they paid for them. It’s up to NUOCO, Minera Mantos Azules Chile, and Cerro Dorado Chile to disclose if they desire. I have heard through the grapevine that a couple of shareholders have spoken with LP and have heard the terms. I’m sure many of you have heard them as well. Nevertheless, I won’t put them on the boards until one of the entities involved discloses publicly.

AMC continues there release and quotes their Executive Chairman Maurizio Cordova,

“This now consolidates the entire mining district, called Altos de Lipangue. With this consolidation, AMC expects to start production this year on the exposed high grade veins, namely Caren-Merlin-Fortuna. A team of mining engineers is travelling to Santiago in February to start the preparation and design work to achieve AMC’s production goal. We expect it to be cash flow positive that will supplement AMC’s exploration efforts and ultimate exercise of the JV Mining Option Agreement, with MMC,”

They are clearly stating the EXPECTATION of being in early production and making money (being cash flow positive.) This will supplement the cost of doing further exploration and the ultimate exercising of the option they have with MDMN, i.e. paying MDMN $100 million and a 15% stake in AMC for MDMN’s ADL claims.

When the option is exercised MDMN will have the following assets: $100 million in cash, 15% equity in AMC, 15% equity in NUOCO, and some stock in CDCH. They’ll have to pay some commissions and taxes and debts with the cash. So don’t expect that they’ll be left fully with $100 million.

In MDMN’s version of the update they state the following.

With specific regard to the ADL, at this point, Medinah Minerals Inc. continues in its Option Agreement with AURYN that calls for the payment of a minimum of $100 million US funds while maintaining a 15% interest in production coming from their ADL properties. . . .

Here we have MDMN restating that they are still under the option agreement with AMC. An option that pays them $100 million while retaining a 15% interest via an equity stake in AMC (see the original contract.) Remember what I wrote earlier about “minimum”. Read it as “an amount no less than”. It’s not stating that there is some magic escalation clause that scales. It’s contract language for “you get nothing until you pay the full amount of $100 million.”

But after that we read the following in the update.

. . . Based upon the positive results published by AURYN, negotiations are ongoing between the Companies to consider AURYN’s outright purchase formula for the Company’s Altos de Lipangue (“ADL”) property claims at a much higher ownership holding that would enhance Medinah’s longterm prospects.

Here they are basically echoing what AMC said. Because of the expectation of positive cash flow negotiations are occurring to consider MDMN getting a higher percentage in ownership of AMC for MDMN’s longer term benefit (and I may add AMC’s shorter term benefit.)

The current option agreement is in force. AMC will likely be making money this year. There is no reason for them to pay MDMN more than $100 million and 15% of AMC for the claims. However it may be in both parties interest for them to pay less than $100 million and more than 15% for the claims. That is where the negotiations are ongoing.

But if you think MDMN is going to pull a JJ and not honor the contract and try to strong arm more money and a larger percentage you are deceiving yourself. The moment AMC presents $100 million and 15% in AMC, MDMN accepts.

Because AMC is likely to be cash flow positive, it may be in MDMN’s best interest to accept less cash up front and a greater percentage of the overall pie. It may be in AMC’s interest for that to happen as well because it expedites the exercise of the option while allowing them to retain precious working capital. That is what is being discussed.

Now we wait to see how it unfolds. AMC giving us a bit better look at how likely or not positive cash flow is, and how large it is will go a long way in helping us evaluate whether to take less cash and more equity. Obviously MDMN will need that information to make a decision.

So there you have it. This is all very good news. The ADL mining district is proving to be economical and we’ll have a large chunk of cash and 15% of it or some lesser chunk of cash and an even larger stake in it!

8 Likes

Also, see the article link from Seeking Alpha about potential gold breakout that I posted on the Auryn Blog. Gold now at $1235, woot woot!

If you’re interested in this kind of thing and other commentary about MDMN / AMC then I’d suggest subscribing to the blog or following @auryn_blog on twitter. I don’t plan on posting a link here every time I post on the blog.

Don’t feel you have to though because I’m sure there’s nothing concerning MDMN that won’t make its way or wasn’t already discussed on these boards.

3 Likes

Wizard, what do you think is being negotiated, as indicated here in a recent press release.

“Based upon the positive results published by AURYN, negotiations are ongoing between the Companies to consider AURYN’s outright purchase formula for the Company’s Altos de Lipangue (“ADL”) property claims at a much higher ownership holding that would enhance Medinah’s long-term prospects.”

And if minimum doesn’t mean Auryn could be paying more then the $100 million dollars, Why would they use it. Why wouldn’t they just put $100 million dollars, no more, no less.

I’m thinking we get more then $100 million dollars.

I’d be the last guy to argue the scalability of the $100M. The “auxiliary” nonsense that some clung to all this time has been a bit laughable. However, please keep in mind, the guy (Les) helping you “clear up expectations” is the same guy (Les) who "created the (mis) expectations" in the first place. I think your logic and comments are sound but don’t forget the source. No amount of time changes a simple reality: you can never drink from a poisoned well.

4 Likes

[quote=“Baldy, post:228, topic:880”]However, please keep in mind, the guy (Les) helping you “clear up expectations” is the same guy (Les) who “created the (mis) expectations” in the first place.
[/quote]

You are incorrect in this point. Les is not helping me “clear up expectations.” But I will grant you that he is the one who helped create the mis-expectations.

8 Likes

Maybe its Auryn telling Claro we will buy all your BS shares if you continue to play this game we will protect the share price.

1 Like

As soon as the general public learns about Alto de Lipangue… look out!

2 Likes

I will not be here for the open. Will someone with L II please take a snapshot or record the size of the CDEL bid at the open. I’m tracking it for a hypothesis to analyze how much stock the mystery buyer has bought. tia

1 Like

So far this morning you can very confidently place my prediction in the WRONG column!

Based upon last night’s results, I’m thinking I should predict MDMN goes to .005 today, that way we’re pretty much guaranteed to go to .05! :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

Is our big buyer still there?

Cdel looking to buy 28.874,214 shares at .021

2 Likes

1 Like

30.3M @ .021

2 Likes

1 Like

I’ll stop taking up space now… before I overload the system. :wink:

T= TRADE
A= ASK