MDMN - 2016-02-15 Weekly Discussion

Since someone asked earlier for thoughts, here are mine… I thought I’d remind people of something that MG posted a few days ago that I find to be the most exciting of the rumors I’ve heard, and I happen to believe this one could end up being true. Imagine at some point in the future that your MDMN shares start paying dividends. Not only is this one of the best and only situations to bring about a short squeeze, but the cash from the dividend essentially can be deducted from the capital you spent to buy the shares. If you knew that at some point you would be getting even a half penny or penny a share a year, which is a thousand dollars per 100k shares at a penny, wouldn’t you be more inclined to hold onto your shares? If you’re more inclined to hold and not sell your shares, that means that in order for shorty to cover his position so as not to have to pay your dividend, the price is going to have to go even higher to temp you to sell.

This is a best-case scenario of course, but I believe that it is becoming a greater possibility as time goes on. So, while you’re reading and participating in the other chit chat that goes on here, plant this seed in the back of your mind and hold onto it just in case it bears some fruit in the future. As time goes on and I hear bits and pieces of what might actually be happening, I’m feeling better about the long term possibilities with the investment.

Oh, and as for whether it has been Claro still doing some selling or not, It’s a possibility, but that isn’t going to last forever, if it’s even still going on. Bottom line, it’s not a concern imo anyway. If he is, I’d rather have him dump everything prior to when the stock gets moving higher again. That just means there will be tens to hundreds of millions of shares that he won’t be dumping when the price does start moving higher. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Sorry Andy. I don’t know anymore than what I posted. I assume the meetings are Stateside with Les, Karra, Chapin and Goodin. From the spirit of the email all seems to be going well.

3 Likes

If we do get dividends, the yield we’re buying at today’s prices is stratospheric. It’s probably lost on most penny investors, but if the dividend is solid and long-term, there’s no reason to ever sell. Use the dividend to diversify.

15 Likes

Rich, I like your thinking, but we received dividends two -3 years ago and it didn’t create a squeeze.

That’s because they were “paper” shares and not cash.

3 Likes

Yep…Cash dividend much different than a share dividend.

2 Likes

What they said!

1 Like

Rich what post from MG are you referring to? Tia

Possibly this one.

MikeGold
4d
"Best I can tell, Auryn is going public on the TSX as soon as possible. (“soon” is a relative term) They will be meeting again with the TSX in a couple of weeks. I certainly am not privy to their plans on how they are going to go public. (It should be obvious to everyone that the Option will be exercised prior to them going public. They will also be already in production.)

There will be no reverse merger of Medinah. Nobody…I repeat nobody from the Medinah side of the equation is saying this. It is possible that it might have been considered at one point in time but I have zero indication that it is still being seriously considered.

Medinah will continue as its own entity indefinitely unless bought out by Auryn or somebody else especially since it is in the process of being turned into a dividend machine. (I should point out that the latest exploration results at the Alto have already attracted other interested entities.)"

5 Likes

Yes, yes, yes!!!

Dividend machine.

And by the way, this is what brecciaboy and the Les rumors have been saying for a LONG time, much to the consternation of some who desire a quick, thoughtless exit. Sure, if somebody shows up with unbelievable money for a TO down the road AFTER we know what we own, fine - and you can book bet that’s going to take more than a miserly 20-30 cents. But don’t worry, in the event we start getting dividends, the share price, as brecciaboy says, will “adjust” to the dividend.

2 Likes

Oh how I like it when a plan comes together. I see the ATM dividend machine is catching on again. And how nice that will be. Who knows, maybe 2 or 4 times a year MDMN deposits cash into our brokerage accounts. I have always liked the sound of that.

That’s the one.

1 Like

Not to be a debbie downer, but could one of the seller’s be the note holders of MDMN doing conversions? Let’s face it, the company is not generating any revenue, but has expenses, and these multiple trips to Chile do cost money. I know, I know, the BOD is lending the company money, but I am sure there others that are lending money via that are convertible.

Also, I am not sure how much it costs to maintain the ADL claims, but per the Option Agreement, MDMN is responsible for paying the annual claims payments. Per the contract, AMC has the option to pay, but MDMN has to reimburse.

Don’t know if T/A is gagged, but it is a possibility.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s a possibility.

And, we might have one or more of our local denizens selling as well - you know the ones who want out and already think we’re trading at current value.

Could you please point out anyone that thinks we’re at fair value?

3 Likes

Oh no, here we go…

2 Likes

you guys used the word “dividend”. at that point fate had us in its grips.

it actually brings real life concrete meaning to the phrase: “rinse … repeat” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No. The money to pay the bills is coming from Greg. His shares are restricted and now Auryn has them tied up I believe at a minimum till post option.(There has been some minor private placements in last year or two with some long term shareholders of Medinah that have added some to what have come from Greg but doubtful they are selling or even if they were…it wouldn’t be very many shares and doesn’t account for the recent selling for sure.)

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

I think what some people don’t understand is that fair value moves. If the mountain is as wonderful as we hope and it turns out 5-10 years from now AMC is trading at a $5B market cap, does that mean MDMN should be trading at $0.50 today? ($5B * 15% / 1.5B shares)

There are plenty of risks that must be overcome before we get there. Fair value today isn’t $0.02. But neither is it $0.50. And fair value before AMC’s last 3 news releases is not fair value after the last 3 news releases.

In fact for people that actually KNOW what transpired and what has caused so many of our problems – the risk of failure (and thus fair value) changed greatly when AMC acquired NUOCO, CDCH Properties, and Minera Mantos Azules Chile.

5 Likes

Looks like a very nice ATM machine to me and hopefully JJ is long gone by that time!!

2 Likes