MDMN - 2016-02-22 Weekly Discussion

Maybe there’ll be a share holder meeting and we’ll get a chance to vote on giving our selves a dividend or not?

Plus I’m sure there are banks that exist that have sufficient resources to handle the money till it gets spent. IMHO

Not really sure what is going on but it would not surprise me if Medinah may have rejected a recent Auryn offer to change the terms to exercise the option to something other than the $100 million cash.

I suspect now Auryn will be using money from production to come up with the necessary $100 million. As Medinah has made it clear…it is a $100 million. Nobody at this point should be speculating that it will be anything but $100 million in cash to exercise the option without some actual facts to the contrary.

2 Likes

Mike, lawyers wrote this deal - and words do have meaning. Only a fool would totally ignore the word “minimum”. We know there are Appendices to this deal (as enunciated in the Agreement), but we have not seen them. Most likely, lots of issues are addressed there.

Maybe “minimum” means there will indeed be $100 Million of CASH in addition to OTHER concessions which will have to be negotiated, perhaps a larger percentage than the 15%.

That isn’t the point I’m trying to make.

Rather…that the $100 million cash would somehow morph into shares of Auryn etc as many has speculated(including myself.)

I don’t really have anything concrete to go on regarding whether it is $100 million +++ or not but will admit that there are some rumors that didn’t originate from Medinah that suggest it really is just $100 million. (Of course $100 million is still a HUGE amount of cash for little Medinah!!!)

2 Likes

Read my explanation of the use of the word on my Auryn Blog post explaining the option agreement. Minimum means no less than. It does not mean more than. $100 million is the amount.

You refuse to recognize that we’re getting a fair shake by getting 15% of all of the properties that we had no interest in and 100 million. Also we’re getting someone who actually knows what they’re doing. MDMN has ZERO expertise in mining.

5 Likes

As I said, I’ll be happy to sell you some property for a minimum of $________. I’m just assuming you are not stupid enough to sign such a deal. If wrong, please advise and provide direct contact information.

But, now you’re putting words in my mouth. I have NOT said or otherwise concluded we are NOT getting a fair shake. I patiently await the terms of any deal, just like everybody else around here.

If they are still using the legal firm for negotiations I am confident that we will end up with a good deal. These guys know what they are doing as they have quite a track record everything is going to come out in due time.

1 Like

Hulkster, I echo your sentiment, and am willing to wait it out to see what happens.

Do you understand Chilean contracts?

Did you even read the contract?

I am no expert but I have spoken to someone who is and who has read this particular contract in its original language and he assures me that the correct understanding is $100,000,000.00 no less, no more.

Now if they renegotiate something better, I’m delighted. But to expect there to be some secret unmentioned clause that gives us a lot more stems from being a penny stock dreamer and not from something in the contract.

4 Likes

But we’ll never get to $50/share unless it’s a lot more than $100M.

1 Like

Wealthy people become wealthy because they leverage their own assets. OPM ( Other Peoples Money ). They don’t want to take one asset and replace it with another asset. They want to grow their asset base. The more cash they can generate from early production the less of their existing asset base will have to be utilized for the $100million. Leverage.

Again, who SAID I “expect” more than $100 Million? You’re obviously not reluctant to put words in other people’s mouths - and are losing whatever credibility you have. Aren’t YOU the one who says we should stick with what has been released PUBLICLY? And yet, YOU are the one who was citing “Vancouver-based” rumors just yesterday?

Sure, I am HOPING for more than $100 Million and believe the mountain is worthy, as do others around here.

Why can’t we just have a nice, pleasant conversation? Do you actually believe you can FORCE me to agree with your opinions? Try convincing me with SUBSTANTIVE arguments based on public news releases (as you say) - I’m open-minded.

2 Likes

Do you know for a fact it wasn’t?

I see a pre trade this morning of 250000. Anyone else see that?

1 Like

[quote=“Wizard, post:172, topic:952, full:true”]
Also I heard secondhand that they valued AMC at $180 million and gave up 5% each to NUOCO and CDCH. [/quote]

I couldn’t get this comment out of my head esp because:

1. how similar the Mr. U. terms ($180M for 85% of the claims) were to this supposed 'working valuation of AMC: $180M for 85% of 100% ownerhsip of the claims (after giving 15% of AMC to MMC).

2. and it isn’t clear on the surface how this adds up with the ADL option numbers.

So, I asked, is it possible that this $180M was not a geological / market deduction, but rather the very starting definition for this entire deal (because JJ wanted it so), post-failure of the Mr. U. $180M deal?

Behold the magic: (you can have the weekend to study it then there will be a CHG quiz)

3 Likes

I’ll second that. We are in good hands. At the end of the day we will be treated fairly which should compensate us well for our investment. Specially from these share price levels.

With a new round of drilling happening. And I’m sure more drilling to follow that. And with negotiations still on going. A lot may still change. So the $100 million dollars CASH (which it will be cash IMHO) can still grow and/or other benefits to MDMN could be given. Still a lot of work ahead for everyone involved.