MDMN - 2016-02-22 Weekly Discussion

Thanks Lean you too!

Right on my language

1 Like

Exactly. It’s about time for people to take responsibility for being so off the market all of these years. Realistic, objective, posting discussing information in the public domain, like our current contract, instead of penny stock hypotheticals well serve this investment well and ultimately, lead to more confidence.

8 Likes

Just as a side note, I don’t know how AMC could be valued at $180 million when Pretium has a market cap of $1 billion.

Can you be more specific? I’m interested in knowing your thought process.

I agree. But it appears to have been by definition not via sound industry mechanisms - it was because JJ said it was so based on his vision of the future (in addition, one must grant it was before the depths of the current market - and originally in 2012 for Mr. U. it was barely after the market high)

If this is how it went down, it was clever of Auryn to use their shares as an ‘inflated’ substitute currency against the high $USD ($180M) original asking price - 20% AMC for a $45M reduction from the $180M (plus the additional NUOCO properties were included), probably using the “long term exposure to ADL/LDM production” via AMC shares as a motivator - a realization of the Medinah golden-ATM oft-repeated dream

I hate to give away my quiz answers, but one has to think the way they approached the Gordon immediately that from the beginning they had early & easy high grade gold production in mind as a way to fund this thing and most likely they had a decent idea of what the Merlin 1 vein was going to be, although it probably exceeded what they even thought it may be.

From this they figured there was a decent enough chance they could make it all work that they would risk up to $10M in exploration to come up with the best plan and make it happen. As Merlin / Fortuna unfolded, it became a slam dunk [keeping in mind almost 7% of slam dunks are missed: :slight_smile: http://bit.ly/1VJ9KtJ ].

if you think this is bad, you should go back to the Partner A contract terms:
http://www.medinah-minerals.com/?p=2730

$74M for 30% of the claims, and even better:

Additional funding, after exploration and qualification of “proven reserves” to full-scale production of up to $500,000,000 (five-hundred million) dollars.

2 Likes

Pretium is an analyst darling, see current comments Pretium Resources Inc. PVG:TSX; PVG:NYSE. Traded on the NYSE and TSX, it has a high grade project that they financed without equity that will be coming online next year. What do I mean by high grade, see link

And correction, market cap is $647 million USD. How can AMC with little exploration and some small upcoming production be worth 3.6x of AMC @ $180MM.

If Auryn holds more than 1/2 of the shares at the time when the option is signed, Auryn will decide what to do with the money. Who knows what they might do??

Over five years ago, I was hearing that the mountain was worth approximately 4 B and that was before Auryn started the drilling program!
Should be well over that by now? Moho!

2 Likes

I think JJ said in the helicopter on the Gold Rush show that the value was $6 billion

1 Like

That was for the Jota Claims

It did not go well with that show did it?
Made Juan look like a fool

I will just say it was entertaining. The Hoffman’s appeared impressed, but anyone familar with mining, knew then JJ was not speaking the truth, or I should say, he had a false sense of value.

1 Like

It’s amazing with yesterdays news we are trading @ .0168 with 1.8 million in sells. out of 2.1 million traded

It’s not amazing for anyone who’s been here for a good length of time. MDMN has earned its reputation from dozens of past news releases, missteps, false or misleading information and failure to execute.

The price will start to change after AMC pays $100 million in cash and / or they go into early production and significant revenues start to flow to MDMN. Then the story begins to change. But right now there is simply too much loose stock and a very fresh recollection of past failures to warrant aggressive buying on speculation.

4 Likes

In the public domain I read, “The final Joint Venture Option Agreement grants AURYN Mining Chile, SPA an exclusive 36 month option to purchase 85% of the Altos de Lipangue group of claims for a minimum price of US $100,000,000, in an all cash transaction, upon the final exercise of the Joint Venture Option Purchase Agreement. Medinah Mining Chile will retain a 15% ownership/equity interest in the properties.” (Published July 31, 2014 6:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time)

I’m still looking for that part in the public domain that says Auryn will not turn over those funds to Medinah and its current BOD. Until I read that officially in the public domain I’ll follow your advice and just consider it nothing more than penny stock hypotheticals. :wink:

3 Likes

I would just like to know from any of our knowledgeable posters, are there any limits to how much more damage that the naked short sellers can do to our investment? Can these corrupt money managers continue with this bs up until we are finally into production and the dividends force them to own the shares and cover? If so we may be at these levels for awhile despite the repeated good news on Auryn’s progress.

Kevin I respectfully disagree we are at a place we have never been before. We have a partner in Auryn who is exploring our mountain and we are trading at .0175. I hear what your saying missteps but we shouldn’t be trading at .0175 either with everything that is going on the Alto

If we do have naked short sellers to the degree many believe we do, then they will continue to do the damage you speak of until Medinah issues a Dividend. At that time the NNS will tip to a positive event for all of those who purchased shares while the shorts were holding the price well below its market potential and we enjoy dividends possibly higher than the purchase prices made by many here.

2 Likes