MDMN - 2016-03-21 Weekly Discussion

Thanks Mike…Are you speculating this fall, as in 6-7 months from now, or next fall which would be a year after that???

Hope if MDMN owns nothing (mineable) that at least we have some money that should all be divied out. Otherwise my MDMN shares will be worthless. moo

I think if Medina gets a check, it will be used for a stock buy back. This was it will get shares off the float. In the future when Medina puts out a dividend, what does that mean for the naked shorts? Do the shorts have to pay Medina the dividend value?

No offense Jorgen, but this is ludicrous. AMC will be profitable this year and once this deal is done we’ll have a healthy percentage of a very profitable producing mine. The question then becomes how much of the big PORPHYRY can be delineated by AMC before someone decides to take MDMN (in whatever form it is at the time) out of the picture.

7 Likes

[quote=“Shocker85, post:161, topic:1088”]
I seem to recall someone (maybe CHG or Doc) posting a spreadsheet on early production calculations/variables.
[/quote] You may be thinking of Cornhusker’s post found in “Posts from FreeForums Mining Play” that can be found in the index on this forum.
Check posts here:

The “short answer” is that anyone holding street shares will receive the cash dividend directly into their brokerage account. :smile:

1 Like

Interesting read

Hey Easy…The “short answer” is that anyone holding street shares will receive the cash dividend directly into their brokerage account.

How about if you are still holding your 10% free shares from a few years ago and they are still in Cert. form? What’s the “short answer” to this?

Hi mc1x,

Everybody that bought Medinah shares will get their cash dividends whether or not they bought fake shares that will never be delivered or real shares that did get delivered. The clearing firm of the naked short seller will mandate that his naked short selling client submit a “PIL” or “payment in lieu” of a cash dividend. You and I will have no way of knowing if our dividend came from management or a short seller. If you think about it, it has to be this way otherwise all investors would figure out that naked short selling is out of control and that we’ve been buying fake shares. Nobody would invest in our markets. The last vestige of integrity our markets have is the need for even abusive naked short sellers to “match all cash dividends in like kind and quantity” as per the law.

If the party with the naked short position senses that the first dividend Medinah makes is one of perhaps potentially 30 years worth of dividends throughout the mine’s life then they have the option of covering before that first dividend “record date”, covering in the midst of the cash dividend stream or matching each and every cash dividend with a “PIL”.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. Hope they have to cover before we get our first dividend. This will help move our SP.

As I understand it, the Transfer Agent has a list of all Cert’s issued to individual shareholders that includes the Cert #, the amount of shares for each Cert, the date of issue, and the name of the person as it appears on the shareowner Certificate. Anyone holding a Certificate will be due a direct payment from the funds earmarked for dividends from the company. Because you are holding a Certificate you know that the shares it represents are not short shares but real shares issued from and accounted for by Medinah’s Transfer Agent. (You might want to go on the TA’s web site and confirm with them that they have your address so they know where to send the check. :smiley:)

1 Like

What about the rumor that Aryn is sitting on a lot of news? Will they have to disclose that news before the contract is signed?

I have heard this for about three weeks.
no news yet.
maybe they are waiting after Easter

I doubt this is going to happen. As John pointed out there are better uses for this money including Auryn coming to market to buy shares for themselves. either way the result will be the same- SP appreciation. Will be interesting to see (providing the option is exercised as rumored) if they come to market to buy stock.

No, it wouldn’t. That just isn’t rational. But I do appreciate your optimism! :wink:

DonD… thank you for your explanation. You have a great Easter Weekend.

This sounds too rational to ever happen with MDMN… :persevere:

1 Like

There appears to be an endless amount of shares available at under 2 cents. Bying up shares is a waste of money in our pink sheet. Dividend is the only way that way we do get some money back plus the sp may go up. moo