Medinah Minerals (MDMN) - 2016 Q4- General Discussion

Okay, it’s over now…

The afternoon session was exactly what I feared: exhilarating! If koolaid had been served, I’d have drunk as much as I could get my hands on…

No matter how many times or how forcefully Mauricio Cordova kept reminding us that everything he said was nothing but forward-looking statements, no matter how many times he reminded us that investing in mining is inherently risky and prone to unexpected disappointments and roadblocks ("Don’t forget — we might find out that the ore is not economically feasible!") it was, to me, clear from his body language and from every slide and map that was flashed up on the screen and from every mention of ore grades (always, so far, smashing expectations), that he was thrilled by…by everything Medinah/Auryn/Maglas…

This went on for the entire afternoon session — there was so much information conveyed and so many questions raised and address, I’m scared to take more than a glance at my notes, but here are some snippets:

Cordova: “Do we have the potential? Absolutely. And now we have to prove it… I couldn’t say enough how excited I am…”

He mentioned having had contact with Freeport and "two other majors of equal size or larger” who are interested in the Pegaso Negro. (“This could happen fast!”)

He said that production on the Merlin (or was it the Caren?) started yesterday (I was glad to hear him voluntarily note that Auryn’s original prediction for production had been September 1, but it had turned out to be Sept 30, due to several reasons) and things were moving ahead and grades were great (he reminded us that everything he said was a forward-looking statement and not a guarantee of anything and he was not encouraging anyone present or not present to buy any stock in MDMN or any stock anywhere, but…), and, according to my notes, he foresaw: “Positive cash flow by year’s end, first quarter definitely…”

He was definitely impressive… In no way could I dispute Wizard’s early assessment of Cordova after their meeting several months back. (And my own assessment of Wizard — our first meeting — was equally strong: Wizard is impressive.)

There was not a single question Cordova was not prepared for. (Wizard, too — equally well prepared.)

Toward the end of the session I told Cordova something like this:

“I brought 15 people into Medinah, and I’m going to report to them on this meeting. I’m going to tell them that this morning was tough, it was a gut punch, it was our worst fears – or maybe worse than our worst fears – confirmed… But what I’ve heard this afternoon from you and everyone else from Auryn… Obviously what you’ve seen of the mountain has certainly gotten your basic interest — and from your forward-looking statements, it is also clear that you think that this mountain might just be something extra-special, a world-class project, a dream… And I think I’m going to tell my friends this: If the hopes of you and your colleagues are even halfway confirmed, if this mountain even comes in somewhere toward the middle of the range of what you see as possible, then there will be so much money washing around that it won’t even matter how many shares can be clawed back or whether Les Price goes to jail or if any of those other legal things we talked about this morning ever get resolved… Should I not tell the my friends that?”

Laughter rippled around the room.

Wizard (Kevin Tupper) and Muaricio looked at each other and smiled.

They each said some things about how it was absolutely necessary that Medinah’s leadership team pursue the legal path ahead of them and follow every twist and turn by the book, and do whatever it takes to right the injustices that have been inflicted on all of us shareholders over many many years now. But while I don’t remember exactly what all those things were, I did clearly notice that before the two of them moved on to another question, neither of them tried (and no one else on the Auryn or Medinah teams tried) to talk me out of my assessment…

Hey — it was a good day. I’m glad I came.

I met Doc and Cornhusker Gold and Cabezon and another fellow (wxt?) who had been in Medinah for 25 years(!) plus lots of other nice folks.

After the meeting adjourned I asked Cordova wether, if I came to Chile, I could walk on the mountain? He said that for liability reasons he wasn’t sure he could let me go into the mine tunnel itself. But walk the mountain? “Sure,” he said. “You can walk on the mountain. Sure.” I said maybe after the first of the year.

And now I’ve got to catch a cab to the airport… (All good stories have at least one taxicab.)

I think I’ll give it a rest for a while. If you want to pm me, feel free.

— madmen (brad)

20 Likes

Thanks brad. I’m almost hopeul that this thing gets above 5 cents someday…

Thank you very much for the posts Brad!

5 Likes

I am sure it will get much higher than 5 cents if you are willing to wait… how long I have no idea.

1 Like

I can wait. Question is, should I?

Opportunity cost is constantly calling. But, this one might be worth hanging onto. Luckily my average pps is a lot lower than most around here from what I gather…

GLTA. Looking forward to more developments and an overbought perspective. I think we are a bit oversold but it’s impossible (as our constant discussions here show) to put a true price on this young pup right now.

Monday morning will we finally see upward movement on all this good news/forward working resolutions?

1 Like

Why??? Not until the shares are resolved. IMO Majority of people when they see 3 billion shares won’t take a second look

2 Likes

Unfortunately, yes, that is correct. This stock requires much more than a second look. This “never ending story” requires the examination that only long term shareholders have had the patience to give it.
That being said, if these grades are found to be sustainable and extend at depth in the the other veins, public interest could certainly be piqued.

Good luck,guys and girls Make sure you write many posts!

MEDINAH Retains Law Firm for Forensic Audit and Improves its Capital Structure

October 2, 2016

On Saturday, October 1, 2016, MEDINAH Minerals, Inc. (OTCMARKETS: MDMN) participated in AURYN Mining Chile’s Informational Meeting in Las Vegas, NV. During the meeting MEDINAH discussed its current financial position and made further disclosure regarding its 15c211 discrepancies.

MEDINAH has retained the law firm of Holland & Hart to represent it and direct an independent forensic investigation into its financial and share issues. Additionally, the firm will prosecute all necessary legal actions and will defend MEDINAH in the pending Okanadian legal action. J Stephen Peek and Holly Stein Sollod will serve as the lead attorneys representing MEDINAH.

During the meeting MEDINAH announced that Greg Chapin and Les Price signed an agreement on August 23, 2016, cancelling all alleged debts owed to them by MEDINAH. In addition, former directors and officers Vittal Karra and Greg Chapin agreed to return to MEDINAH all of their shares of MEDINAH stock (common and preferred.) Furthermore, Greg Chapin agreed to give MEDINAH the shares he owned in AURYN Mining Chile SpA which he obtained through his ownership position in NUOCO.

In summary MEDINAH anticipates the following changes to its capital structure and ownership in AURYN.
•A decrease of $4.3 million in alleged debt leaving the alleged remaining debts totaling $373,000. This is A 92% reduction in debt.
•A return and cancellation of approximately 122 million shares of common stock. This will lead to a 4.1% reduction in the amount of common shares issued.
•A return and cancellation of approximately 1,600,000 shares of preferred stock. This will lead to a 38% reduction in the amount of preferred shares issued.
•An increase in its shares of AURYN Mining Chile SpA of 1,704,000 shares. This increases MEDINAH’s ownership in AURYN by approximately 7% from 25,000,000 to 26,704,000 shares of AURYN.

MEDINAH intends to cancel the common and preferred shares returned to it, thereby reducing its shares issued and outstanding. As soon as possible, MEDINAH will reduce its authorized shares commensurately. Once these transactions are completed MEDINAH will report accurate, finalized totals to its shareholders.

Please note that the cancellation of the debt and return of the shares was voluntary. This is not a quid pro quo transaction. It does not prevent or influence the company or its shareholders from bringing legal action against any individual should such action be deemed appropriate.

Submitted by the Board of Directors

Copyright © 2016 Medinah Minerals, Inc., All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in to shareholder notifications at our website.

Our mailing address is:

Medinah Minerals, Inc.

8200 Soaring Owl Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89129

8 Likes

Altos de Lipangue Project Update
October 2, 2016

MEDINAH Minerals wishes to thank all its shareholders who attended AURYN Mining Chile SpA’s Informational Meeting in Las Vegas on October 1, 2016. We enjoyed meeting many of you face to face and sharing our excitement regarding AURYN’s Altos de Lipangue project with you.

You can find the updated presentation for the Altos de Lipangue project on AURYN’s website.

In the coming weeks AURYN will be updating us with the results from their production efforts at the Caren Mine.

Copyright © 2016 Medinah Minerals, Inc., All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in to shareholder notifications at our website.

Our mailing address is:

Medinah Minerals, Inc.

8200 Soaring Owl Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89129

7 Likes

Apart from MDMN paying less dividends to preferred stocks holders, would return and cancellation of preferred stock affect the share price of common stock? I’m not complaining just trying to figure out if that will affect common stock share price at all since I know they usually trade for different prices.

Also is it possible if and when the shares are found that need to be clawed back that they could be taken from us who unknowingly bought them on the open market? Or would it be more like as those who are responsible are fined money that that money will go to buying back shares on the open market?

@jcossey11
Concerning this, I will quote here a post of jak167. Read the other posts he has written for info on the legal apsects of ownership. In basic terms, my understanding of the situation is only those who bought into private placements knowing it might be a questionable transaction would have to worry about “confiscation”. The everyday buyer on the open market had every expectation they were legitimate, and probably couldn’t be tracked anyway, once the shares went into the common pool held by the dtc.

Jak167:
"Goes back to what I mentioned about bona fide purchaser for value. If deal too good to be true or proper formalities not followed or payment not being made to the correct party, etc. etc. all would raise a red flag to the purchaser’s knowledge of the legitimacy of the transaction. MDMN can show the sale illegitimate, thereby shifting the burden to the purchaser to show the purchaser was an innocent party (bona fide purchaser). Only if the purchaser could show they are an innocent party would they not have a liability to MDMN, either through returning the shares or monetarily.

Repeating the car analogy in a different way, if I buy a car from Mr. Fake (who I don’t know is Mr. Thief), I pay a reasonable price for the car, Mr. Fake gives me a bill of sale and a signed title, and I register it with the Sec of State and it clears the Sec of State, Mr. Owner (from whom Mr. Thief stole the car) would not have a claim against me and could not recover the car from me because I could defend as a bona fide purchaser. Mr. Owner could only recover from Mr. Fake/Thief. Nothing in the transaction would have made me aware Mr. Fake was a thief and I was buying stolen goods.

However, if I buy a car from Mr. Fake, I pay 10 cents on the dollar value, cash only, I don’t get a bill of sale or title, I don’t register it with the Sec of State, and I use a bogus license plate, then Mr. Owner would have a claim against me and would be able to get the car back from me as I could not defend as a bona fide purchaser because I obviously knew I was buying a stolen car. Mr. Owner would still have a claim against Mr. Fake/Thief and I may also have a claim against Mr. Fake/Thief (depending upon my level of involvement).

Right now we just don’t know the level of involvement and knowledge the private placements had prior to and during the transaction. Hopefully Masglas/Auryn/MDMN provide some concrete details of these transactions (remember what I said prior about keeping these secret, no restrictions exist, its a fact, not an opinion). Once we have these details, we can form a more accurate opinion of what could be done and what Masglas/Auryn/MDMN says they will do to correct the problem."

1 Like

Didn’t get around to posting this yesterday- maurizios message to wizard and all of us… light at the end of the tunnel!

7 Likes

Appreciate your efforts Cabezon… thank you very much!

5 Likes

That is excellent!! Ty!

Good volume (1.54M) and good bid sz (457 000) this morning (10am)!

Let’s put a clean one up here. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Well, it seems like Masglas/Auryn/MDMN finally have some leadership who understands fiduciary responsibility. In my opinion, these statements from the release go a long way towards rebuilding trust in MDMN. This change of legal team should eliminate any “appearance of impropriety” regarding the investigation and NV litigation. I also like the fact they have worked quickly to recover some shares. I feel it shows the attorneys are using all methods of recovery, not just the file a lawsuit and run up the legal bill mentality. I feel this quick action bodes well for future recoveries and the ultimate resolution. I would speculate, they can use the fact of insiders returning stock as leverage against those who have yet to act and we may see additional quick recovery of shares in the near future.

Lastly, reading about Mr. Goodin’s demeanor at the meeting and steps necessary to jump start the legal process, I feel Mr. Goodin honestly has taken steps in the best interest of MDMN. I feel his actions could expose him to legal ramifications in the future depending upon the results of the investigation. I feel he honestly has MDMN’s best interests at heart; however, because he does feel this way, I also feel he needs to take the last step and resign from MDMN.

Masglas/Auryn/MDMN have taken great steps to move forward from the previous malfeasance of MDMN BOD’s and the improper operation of MDMN. We now have independent representation in the NV litigation and all legal matters going forward, including the investigation, we have now corrected our share issuance and cleaned up out filings, we have taken steps and made a quick return of shares and reduction of debt, we are going to keep moving down the road to clean up the shares and hold the persons responsible accountable. In my opinion, now is the time for Goodin to resign. He has taken the steps to get MDMN on the path to recovery, he doesn’t need to do anything else. He, like the rest of us, have to wait to experience the journey on the path to recovery, the decisions are completed. As Baldy said earlier[quote=“Baldy, post:154, topic:1570”]

It’s my understanding that AMC uncovered 3B shares and Gary was reactive not proactive in the days following. Apart from him seeming “genuine” (which is pretty much irrelevant) his relationship with Les for decades in both MDMN and more recently AMNP make it impossible for him to stay on this BOD. Beyond the conflict there’s very little he can offer the company as a part time CEO and full time lawyer. It’s time to carve out a nimble team of directors to run MDMN and CDCH on the cheap, who have the full confidence of AMC, so that dividends and any other benefits are not delayed. IMHO.
[/quote]

In my opinion, if Mr. Goodin really has the best interest of MDMN in mind, he needs to resign to let Auryn get the nimble team of directors (love that phrase Baldy) into MDMN to continue to rebuild trust in MDMN and move MDMN into the realm of respectability.

4 Likes