Medinah Minerals (MDMN) - 2016 Q4- General Discussion

Jak… Not that I/We do not appreciate the depth of your thinking on this matter but the one thing I have learned during my years in Medinahland is that we never seem to have all the info that is needed to create an appropriate response. I have seen (not read) so many excerpts from multiple professionals and in the know poster that while very knowledgeable, that without all the facts and details, it just does not help to follow the conversation as it usually leads in false directions (not saying yours does), but while I do not know your exact back ground on this issue I have knowledge that this team is in our corner and working for Medinah…

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-cooper-6711887
https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenpeek

Our group with backgrounds from Holland and Hart and Cooper Litigation have started the process that we have been waiting on, I do not consider them inept to handle the task at hand, in fact I look forward to watching the whole procession unfold. They have the facts - Info - paperwork and seem to have the knowledge to get the job done, so second guessing before knowing all the facts does not usually help in these circumstances it just seem’s to muddy fact from speculation IMO…

I would suggest letting things unfold,

2 Likes

Robert Cooper is our guy in Vancouver and is working closely with Stephen Peek whose education from Georgetown University Law Center speaks volumes (full disclosure - I have coffee mugs from GTU & UNR - this board needs to lighten up)! :grin:
Top skills are in Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Civil Litigation, Legal Writing, Arbitration, Legal Research, Appeals, Trials, Courts, Corporate Law.
Holland & Hart LLP legal team working with Mr. Cooper in Vancouver have the resources and expertise to handle the nuisance lawsuits filed by Ori Kowarsky on behalf of Les Price.

Kowarsky Ritson, LLP
Family Law
Wills & Estate Planning
Business Law
Real Estate Law
Entertainment Law
General Practice

I agree with GCC that letting things unfold is the best course to take for now. I would still like to know what progress has been made in the Okanadian lawsuit in Nevada though.

[quote=“jak167, post:1151, topic:1528, full:true”]IMO MDMN needs to provide a comprehensive update of their overall plan RE the Les share debacle… IMO, I feel MDMN needs to let us know why they have acted this way.[/quote]I think you probably meant “I would like MDMN to provide a comprehensive update of their overall plan…”

It may benefit shareholders’ curiosity, nerves and thirst for clarity to hear all of the details in order to retain/regain/gain confidence in how things are proceeding with regards to the litigation. Like other shareholders, I would love to hear this as well. However, I’m also of the mindset that publicly disclosing a comprehensive update and overall plan, perhaps prior to such plan being ready, economically feasible or strategically beneficial, may not be the best course of action at this time as it provides the opposition with more information going forward to continue and prepare for response/attack and keep Medinah on the defense.

Rightly or wrongly, I am firmly in the camp that our legal team’s bona fides speak for themselves, and we shareholders, not being privy to the data that they are, are somewhat shooting in the dark regarding how these cases and the company’s legal strategy is unfolding.

Sure you can comment on legal practice and strategy based on your experience and we can all criticize, question and debate the actions based on the limited perspective we have, but we must also be mindful that doing so without all the facts is also doing so in a vacuum that is wrought with supposition, speculation and probably inaccuracies. What may appear on the surface as weak, ineffective or a mistake, may actually be the correct course of action based on the legal strategy and information that our legal team has. Unfortunately, shareholders probably won’t know the answer to this for several months.

6 Likes

I would like to point(again) that the nuisance suits from Les are nothing more than that; a nuisance. Some here are giving them WAY more attention than they deserve. It should be clear that Medinah has indeed obtained competent legal counsel and are moving forward. (I am appalled at any suggestion that they should have somehow wasted time filing various motions to avoid facing Les in court. The quicker legal matters are addressed, the better in our case.) There is no need to be concerned. The only legal matter that is important is how soon Les is brought to justice and forced to provide compensation to Medinah for the massive harm he has done to the Company. Having that said that, it is nice to see Medinah publicly announcing in the filing that Les has been committing fraud against Medinah for a long time.

Meantime, due to the distractions, most probably have forgotten that today is the last day of November.

“We are engaging independent consultants to conduct a full granulometric analysis and finalizing the paperwork necessary to begin ore shipments for processing. As announced at the Informational Meeting, our plan is to ship three truckloads of vein material for test production runs. We expect this to be accomplished by the end of November 2016.”

It should be obvious that properly characterizing the Caren’s ore stream and the results of it will have a much greater impact on our investment than Les’s bullsh*t.

11 Likes

In last night’s post I should have included that Holly Stein Sollod is on our legal team. She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Commercial Litigation and Securities/Capital Markets and was named one of Colorado Super Lawyers®, “Top 50 Women Lawyers.”

Ms. Sollod focuses on defending corporations and their directors and officers in all aspects of securities litigation, particularly class action defense, shareholder derivative suits, SEC and FINRA investigations and private securities litigation. Clients hire Ms. Sollod when they need independent counsel to conduct an internal corporate investigation or to act as independent counsel to a Special Litigation Committee in shareholder derivative suits.

Ms. Sollod also represents clients in a myriad of corporate governance disputes including arbitration and litigation dealing with internal organizational disputes and acts of malfeasance for majority and minority shareholders, partners, members, managers, trustees, executives, officers, and directors of publicly and closely held corporations. Her experience includes representation of clients in M & A litigation, shareholder derivative suits, fiduciary liability suits, corporate control disputes, operating agreement disputes, and corporate “divorce.”

4 Likes

Do not be sorry, it was very helpful and informative, which makes me wonder if you should be sending our lawyers or Kevin your opinion so that they do not miss an opportunity or make them aware if they already have!

7 Likes

Easy,

Best lawyers “publications” are actually marketing vehicles for law firms.

https://www.bestlawyers.com/About/MarketingOpportunities.aspx

4 Likes

Karl, thanks for your support.

4 Likes

That may be true to a minor extent, but it is much more than that. Somewhat of a simpification from your usual in depth analysis! : :wink:

Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. For more than three decades, Best Lawyers lists have earned the respect of the profession, the media, and the public, as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere.

Our lists of outstanding attorneys are compiled by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. If the votes for an attorney are positive enough for inclusion in Best Lawyers, that attorney must maintain those votes in subsequent polls to remain on the list for each edition. Lawyers are not permitted to pay any fee to participate in or be included on our lists.
History of Best Lawyers | Best Lawyers

Also, advertising restrictions are quite extensive.

Additional Approved Material
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Over 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and we have received more than 13 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 7.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in almost 55,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”

Best Lawyers will monitor relevant advertising to ensure that any usage of its trademarked or copyrighted material complies with these guidelines. If any usage is found not to comply with the guidelines, Best Lawyers will inform the advertiser and request that the inappropriate advertising be brought into compliance. If timely and appropriate efforts are not made by the advertiser to bring the non-compliant advertising into compliance with the guidelines, Best Lawyers may temporarily suspend or permanently exclude the advertiser from any or all of Best Lawyers databases and publications, and take appropriate action to ensure that its trademarks and copyrights are not infringed.

Best Lawyers does not assume, and hereby expressly disclaims, any liability to any person or entity for any loss or damage claimed to arise from the failure by any advertiser using Best Lawyers materials of any kind to comply with these guidelines.
Additional Considerations
Best Lawyers rankings shall only be used for the purpose of identifying a lawyer as having been recognized by Best Lawyers and not to imply an endorsement of any product or services.
Best Lawyers has the right to monitor mentions of the Best Lawyers rankings, and if a lawyers’ description of its recognition in the Best Lawyers list is inaccurate, or otherwise unacceptable, Best Lawyers will notify the lawyer and the lawyer agrees that it shall immediately remove, or change, such materials in accordance with Best Lawyers’ request.
Under no circumstances may the logos of Best Lawyers, or any other creative from Best Lawyers, be used without the express written permission of Best Lawyers.
These guidelines are subject to change without notice, and Best Lawyers may withdraw or change these guidelines at any time and for any reason.
Publicizing Guidelines | Best Lawyers

2 Likes

You are welcome,

I learned a long time ago that one needs to think inside and outside of the box and to consider all viable strategies to a problem so that hindsight never bites you in your rear.

So I do hope your message gets to our lawyers, which I do not doubt are very capable, but I feel it never hurts to bring other ideas to the table. If they fit they can use them, if they do not fit they can simply discard them. I always hate being in a position where I have to say if we only had considered doing that! JMO

4 Likes

I agree with everyone RE the lack on info related to any MDMN litigation, whether Okandian, GKX, Les, or otherwise. This lack of guidance leads directly to my frustration.

I take pride in my openness with my clients and my willingness to involve my clients fully in their own litigation. I find a client who fully understands both the positives and negatives of their case, plus how the legal process affects those positives and negatives appreciates my help more and understands the outcome of litigation, without drama. Every attorney has different ways to handle litigation. I am not saying our current counsel is incompetent, just I cannot see the benefit of their actions to MDMN based upon my experience as a litigator. As a client, and I am a client because I own way too much stock in MDMN, I feel we should have a better idea of the scope and direction of all of MDMN’s litigation. If I was better informed, I know I would understand better the approach to the litigation and its benefits to MDMN.

I approach representation through zealous representation of my client. I always treat the opposing side with respect (you get more flies with honey than vinegar), but I utilize every advantage for my client to get them in the best situation in the litigation. Sometimes gaining the advantage means trying to settle without trial and further expense to the client. Other times it means refusing all offers of settlement and going to trial. Each case is unique. Especially when dealing with a crazy plaintiff or as Mike has said a nuisance lawsuit. When your client is at an obvious disadvantage RE the law or resources to fight a case, IMO then you need to mitigate the cost and expense of litigation and reach out to the other side to try resolve it and use litigation as a last resort. However, when your client is in the driver’s seat RE the law and resources to fight a case, IMO you hammer the other side with your strength and force them to come to you to try to resolve.

Just calling something a nuisance and minimizing its affect upon your client will lead to nothing but harm for that client. My frustration with the MDMN filing comes from review of the complaint and the relevant law and basic legal principles. IMO, MDMN had Les by the shorts hairs both legally and factually. MDMN could have presented these legal and factual arguments in support of itself and used it both in the media and legal forum to improve MDMN’s image before both the court and the public. MDMN could have forced Les to expend tons of money and time pushing his nuisance lawsuits forward at the same time he had to defend against MDMN claims or fraud, forgery, etc. against him. But as of now, MDMN has not done these things. MDMN has not utilized its statutory right to file affirmative defenses or counter-claims and now much seek court permission to do so. Hopefully, the response is just the first step and they will request leave to amend the response to add affirmative defenses and leave of court to file a counter-claim. If this action occurs relatively soon (before in depth discovery begins), then I would have a better information as to MDMN’s direction from the affirmative defense and counter-complaint; and I would not feel frustrated. If MDMN does nothing more than they already have done and this case goes longer into the discovery process, IMO I do not see a positive resolution for MDMN.

My current opinion leads me to my request for better information on the scope and direction of all litigation by MDMN. As the client (ie: shareholder), I feel MDMN needs to provide all of us better guidance. It doesn’t have to be hugely in-depth, just something simple. For example,

“MDMN has filed a response to the GKX litigation and will soon file a response to the Les litigation. MDMN and its attorneys have reviewed over 10,000 pages of documents and emails relating to these two lawsuits. MDMN’s attorney will shortly request from the court leave to file its affirmative defenses and counter-claims to both lawsuits. MDMN’s affirmative defenses and counter-claims will outline in detail MDMN’s believed fraudulent, unethical, and illegal conduct of Les and his associates. MDMN believes these affirmative defenses and counter-claims will absolve MDMN of any liability in the GKX and Les litigation and allow MDMN to hold Les liable to MDMN for his conduct. Upon completion of this document review and legal filings, MDMN will also forward all information obtained to the appropriate US State, US Federal, and Canadian authorities to allow them to conduct an investigation of GKX, Les, and his associates to determine if they broke any criminal laws or regulations.”

OR

“MDMN has filed a general denial of GKX and Les’s complaint and has determined they have enough information to prevail at trial. MDMN’s attorneys have decided to expedite this litigation to a trial as soon as possible to minimize the costs of litigation to MDMN and remove what MDMN believes is a frivolous lawsuit. MDMN will be tendering to the plaintiff voluminous documentation to support its defense, taking the deposition of the key person relating to the defense, and requesting a trial from the court as soon as practically possible. Regarding any claim MDMN may have against GKX, Les, or other parties, MDMN’s attorneys must continue to finalize and strengthen the claims which MDMN believes they have and are well within any statute of limitations to file these claims. MDMN will resolve the current litigation with GKX and Les so it will not act as a distraction when MDMN brings its claims. Upon completion of this document review and legal filings, MDMN will also forward all information obtained to the appropriate US State, US Federal, and Canadian authorities to allow them to conduct an investigation of GKX, Les, and his associates to determine if they broke any criminal laws or regulations.”

Either way, or even something different, but an update which provides concrete guidance to MDMN shareholders without delving into the particulars of the cases or disclosing evidence to be used in the cases. I am not asking to sit in on MDMN’s meetings to discuss the merits of the case. Just give us guidance. I feel we deserve no less.

7 Likes

[quote=“MikeGold, post:1155, topic:1528”]
"Meantime, due to the distractions, most probably have forgotten that today is the last day of November.

“We are engaging independent consultants to conduct a full granulometric analysis and finalizing the paperwork necessary to begin ore shipments for processing. As announced at the Informational Meeting, our plan is to ship three truckloads of vein material for test production runs. We expect this to be accomplished by the end of November 2016.”
[/quote]"

I take it this means

1. Granulometric report to Auryn by today?
  2. Three truck loads going down mountain by today with results still a week or two or more in the future?.

I wonder if everything will stop in Chile about Dec 15 for Christmas and New Years?

I like your reasoning, however, shareholders should reasonably be informed only after either of the two strategies (or another tact) have been requested and granted by the court, IMO. Just my non-legal shareholder opinion as I am not an attorney. As you clearly state, we do not know what evidence our legal team already has in it’s possession, and presumably, neither does Kowarsky Ritson, LLP. No reason to tip our hand prematurely. The lawsuits at Les’ instigation appear to be distracting delaying tactics in any impending criminal investigations that are already underway. Again, IMO.

8 Likes

Plain and simple, this nightmare continues. I hope I wakeup some day in the next ten years. Gold at $10k, and happy to just breakeven here, anything more I consider myself lucky. Just had to get that out there …
TDK

3 Likes

Why the large percent gap between bid and ask?
Why does the pps move up and down on such low volume market hours orders?
Why do large volume blocks go off after hours without affecting share price?
Why is Les not in jail already being some large bad man’s companion?

3 Likes

"An 86-pound container containing $1.6 million in gold flakes was stolen from the back of a briefly unguarded armored truck in midtown Manhattan—and there’s video showing the alleged thief struggling with his pail of gold. One NYPD detective said, "I think he just saw an opportunity, took the pail and walked off."
The incident occurred around 4:30 p.m. on September 29th, outside of 48 West 48th Street. The NYPD says, "An armored truck company making a pick up discovered that a 5 gallon aluminum pail weighing 86 pounds containing gold flakes (valued at 1.6 million dollars) was stolen from the rear of their armored truck… The unidentified individual is then seen lifting the 5 gallon pail from the truck and fleeing East bound on West 48 Street toward Third Avenue."

Looks a bit like JJ, in casual clothes and a dye job on his hair! :wink:

1 Like

The bucket of dust would be great for doping ore samples. :wink:

Sure would be nice right about now to get news on the forensic audit and news from Auryn.

4 Likes

Caren Mine Update
November 15, 2016 @ 10:20 am

AURYN is pleased to provide the following update regarding mining operations for the Caren Mine at the Altos de Lipangue Project.

As previously disclosed at the AURYN Informational Meeting, production mining operations began the end of September with AURYN submitting the appropriate filings upon reaching the main vein on level 3 of the Merlin 1 vein.

We have taken a conservative, methodical approach in order to assess the best way to mine what appears to be a complex system of veins, not all of which are economical. Progress has been steady as we work through normal issues that must be overcome before we attempt to scale mining operations.

We are engaging independent consultants to conduct a full granulometric analysis and finalizing the paperwork necessary to begin ore shipments for processing. As announced at the Informational Meeting, our plan is to ship three truckloads of vein material for test production runs. We expect this to be accomplished by the end of November 2016.

We will not make our goal of producing 5,000 ounces in 2016, however, we do expect to be cash flow positive by year-end. We will provide a more detailed update with the results from our test shipments once they are available and will inform our shareholders when we achieve consistent production.

Submitted on behalf of AURYN Management.

Is Auryn still fully expecting to be cash flow positive by the of the year 2016 or has that changed.?

1 Like