Medinah Minerals (MDMN) - 2017 Q3 General Discussion

Another month coming to an end and a day closer to an IPO. Do we get any news this month from Auryn?

1 Like

When is the IPO ? the only hope I have, is that gold goes through the roof, and we finally make a bit of money with this.

February 15, 2017 @ 1:35 pm
AURYN is pleased to announce that it intends to provide increased liquidity to its shareholders by accessing the U.S. capital markets as a Foreign Private Issuer. Our intention is to file an F-1 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and become a fully reporting company. If our registration is accepted, we anticipate an initial public offering of our shares on the OTCQXÂŽ or OTCQBÂŽ tier of OTC Markets sometime in the fourth quarter of 2017. Further details will be provided as they become available.

1 Like

Copper at almost $3, that can only be good for us.

1 Like

Any recommendations on whether to buy right now

Are there any advantages to buying now versus later

Would it be better to buy mdmn or CDH cdch now or by Oran later

I would wait till Auryn puts out News before I put anymore money in this. Them being quite is concerning jmo

It would be nice to hear their registration for IPO was accepted.
Stop sign removed, Kevin indicating better days ahead and yet we closed back in low .004s
Just a flip game to some

1 Like

It sounds like this was more than just a mental exercise of mentally marking your positions to zero. Does this mean you sold off your original position in order to write off the loss, and have now recaptured your original position? It sure sounds like it from the tone of your posts. Entirely OK and a smart thing to have done from a “regular” trading account. Unfortunately, not a viable strategy for investors such as myself (and maybe others) that hold shares in an IRA or ROTH account. Putting “in a sock drawer” until after AURYN IPOs and issues shares pro rata is a rational, but less satisfying approach rather than flipping. For shareholders that are holding this as a small part of an IRA portfolio there is no tax write off for the loss or advantage to selling at a depressed price and re-acquiring the position after avoiding wash rule penalties.

We all should be cautiously optimistic going forward that AURYN will bring value to our investment. I agree that A 10 bagger from here would be “stupendous”. Let’s see if AURYN can make it happen.

5 Likes

I think the Stop sign was removed a few weeks ago.

1 Like

The communication between Auryn and Medinah is often. Auryn stated a fourth quarter estimate for the IPO. We have at least a few weeks for that to happen. I think the 3-Q Medinah financials are due the middle of October for an up to date accounting of shares outstanding including the shares returned by Les and Pamala. Mark the calendar. JMO.

4 Likes

Keep in mind . AURYN (or its owner and owner’s family and friends) own more than 20% of Medinah not including debt on the cash call. Any return or recovery for them is wrapped up in both AURYN and Medinah succeeding.

1 Like

You are tone deaf. Not a terrible strategy to take a loss and buy the shares back 30+ days later to avoid a wash sale but if you own any amount of shares this would be an impossible strategy given the amount of daily volume. As posted earlier, I would have added to my CDCH position if I felt the “inside information” I had gathered wasn’t dangerously lose to “inside information.”

Again, these stocks shouldn’t be public. The average dollar value traded each week would barely accomodate a mid-sized piggy bank and I hesitate to crack open one of my twin girls’ life savings to add to this investment. So I hold and, as previously stated, would be willing to add if CDCH dropped below .005. Otherwise there’s simply nothing to do here.

2 Likes

Agreed. OK, so you hold, for reasons that diiffer from my own as I have already stated.
I have added periodically up until October of last year, and also hold awaiting developments by AURYN. But this does not explain this statement you made that remains quite puzzling.

[quote=“easymillion, post:300, topic:1956”]
I have leveraged into an opportunity that I may not have contemplated had MDMN been a straight success.[/quote]
Do you mean that you leveraged by holding instead of selling and buying back? That makes little sense, IMO. Those of us that have continuously averaged down over the years without selling would not describe this as having leveraged into an opportunity. It was merely adding a little insurance to a very poorly managed investment from my perspective, and putting it away in a sock drawer.

I have not added to my position since October of last year and will hold until AURYN makes a positive ROI on my holdings from here, or not. There are many more profitable opportunities near term out there without giving much more thought to any losses with this one. As you quite aptly put it:

[quote=“Baldy, post:285, topic:1956”]
My original investment and opportunity cost is a thing of the past.
[/quote] In the end, if the ALTO turns out to be a a “WCD” as many suspect it will, then this will truly be stupendous! I’ll be moving forward and awaiting on AURYN to show positive results for all shareholders invested here. Only time will tell. Do you follow or post on the “Other Mining Stocks” thread? Why not share some of your other investment prospects and ideas? Many consider your advice valuable and may appreciate some of your more promising near-term insights into looking for possible investments of proved value.

1 Like

It is a WCD.

1 Like

Mike how do you know this? We have been kept in the dark way too long now by Auryn. They released info 6 months ago stating that Dr. Sillytoe was on the mountain with Janas what came out of that? Where are we with that now that we are in almost September? What happen to all the ore we shipped to Enami in December? Whats with the Larissa tunnel? Are we sure that they are going to get the F-1 application approved? Are we sure the IPO is still a go for the 4th quarter? Many questions need to be answered and as everyday goes by I get more concerned.

7 Likes

An update on what is happening would be greatly appreciate.

5 Likes

I suggest sending Kevin an email. That’s what I did.

from-the-ceo@medinah-minerals.com.

I did the same No response