The Mining Play

Other Mining Stocks

I mentioned this company last summer. It has released far too much information since last summer to include all of it since I only mentioned it in passing. Wishing I had picked up a lot more shares since then. Below is a list of the PRs released since the beginning of the year. I think it will do very well for the near and long term investor. JMHO

June 4, 2021
Skeena Announces Share Consolidation

May 31, 2021
Skeena Discovers Additional High Grade Mineralization in Former Eskay Creek Waste Facility Including 13.09 g/t AuEq over 13.68 metres

May 25, 2021
Skeena Discovers High Grade Mineralization in Former Eskay Creek Waste Facility Including 6.89 g/t AuEq over 22.80 metres

May 21, 2021
Skeena Announces Filing of Eskay Creek Technical Report

May 20, 2021
Skeena Intersects 155.76 g/t Au over 3.22 metres at Snip Gold Project

May 17, 2021
Skeena Closes C$57.5 Million Public Offering

May 10, 2021
Skeena Announces C$50.0 Million Bought Deal Public Offering

May 4, 2021
Skeena Intersects 4.94 g/t AuEq over 8.20 metres at Eskay Creek in New Mineralized Corridor

April 27, 2021
Skeena Intersects 45.76 g/t Au over 5.60 metres at Snip Gold Project

April 16, 2021
Skeena Closes Previously Announced C$5 Million Investment From Tahltan Nation

April 16, 2021
Skeena Files Early Warning Report in Respect of QuestEx Gold & Copper Ltd.

April 13, 2021
Skeena Closes Final Tranche of Flow-Through Private Placement

April 8, 2021
Tahltan Land to be Protected in Partnership with Conservation Organizations, Skeena and the Province

April 7, 2021
Skeena Announces 5.3 Moz at 4.3 g/t AuEq Measured and Indicated Resources at Eskay Creek

March 31, 2021
Skeena Welcomes $5 Million Investment From Tahltan Nation

March 8, 2021
Skeena Closes First Tranche of Flow-Through Private Placement

March 2, 2021
Skeena Intersects 12.51 g/t AuEq over 19.15 metres in 21C Zone Infill Drilling at Eskay Creek

February 24, 2021
Skeena Announces C$20 Million Flow-Through Private Placement

February 17, 2021
Skeena Discovers New In-Pit Mineralization at Eskay Creek Including 4.80 g/t AuEq over 30.50 metres

February 10, 2021
Skeena Intersects 13.86 g/t AuEq over 25.27 metres in Hanging Wall Zone at Eskay Creek

February 3, 2021
Skeena Intersects Thick 58.50 metre Interval Grading 4.06 g/t AuEq within 21C Zone Development Buffer at Eskay Creek

January 28, 2021
Skeena Intersects Thick Intercepts Grading 5.67 g/t AuEq over 71.85 m and 9.15 g/t AuEq over 25.50 m within 21C Zone Development Buffer at Eskay Creek

January 26, 2021
Skeena Completes Positive Metallurgical Testwork Program in Support of Upcoming PFS for Eskay Creek

January 19, 2021
Skeena Intersects Thick Intercept Grading 9.12 g/t AuEq over 49.60 metres within the 21C Zone Development Buffer at Eskay Creek

January 6, 2021
Skeena Adds Near Surface Mineralization in 22 Zone With 6.00 g/t AuEq over 26.28 metres

Vancouver, BC (June 4, 2021) Skeena Resources Limited (TSX: SKE, OTCQX: SKREF) (“Skeena” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that, in anticipation of pursuing a listing on the New York Stock Exchange (the “NYSE”), the Company will consolidate its common shares at a ratio of four pre-consolidation shares to one post-consolidation share (the “Consolidation”). Fractional shares of 0.5 or greater will be rounded up to the nearest whole number of common shares and fractional shares of less than 0.5 will be rounded down to the nearest whole number of Shares.
The Company currently has 243,810,333 common shares issued and outstanding. Upon completion of the Consolidation, the Company will have approximately 60,952,583 common shares issued and outstanding. Some slight variance is expected due to fractional rounding. As is customary, to reflect the Consolidation, all outstanding warrants and incentive stock options will be adjusted to increase their exercise price by a factor of four and to reduce the number of common shares issued upon exercise by dividing by four.
Subject to Skeena receiving all required approvals, including the approval of the Toronto Stock Exchange (the “TSX”), the Consolidation is expected to take effect on June 7, 2021. Notice of the Consolidation has been provided to the TSX, and the common shares are expected to begin trading on a post-Consolidation basis on the TSX on or about June 10, 2021.

(https://skeenaresources.com/news)

This is looking very positive for this company. If you have not yet had a look at what this company is doing, you might like to visit the above company link. I think this summer bodes well for those investing in the gold and silver miners at the present time. Keep an eye on all PRs. There are so many companies posting positive developments this year it presents a multitude of possible big gainers. GLTA

Very nice pickup mrbubba!
Labrador Gold Daily

2 Likes

Well, I have to give all the glory to Rick and Mike, who turned me onto Quinton Hennigh, the brains behind Novo Resources (struggling right now) and New Found Gold.

2 Likes

Novo Resources may not look so attractive right now, but by the end of the year I’m anticipating it wil be hitting on multiple targets. It has disappointed many of it’s early investors by not producing results much quicker, but it’s Exploration Update last week shows it has a busy season ahead (NOVO Resources Corp. - Display) that will be pleasing investors for many years. It is one of my larger positions.

2 Likes

Quinton Hennigh really has a knack (er…brilliance) for spotting geological opportunities, explaining them in simple terms and ultimately moving them forward. I don’t have to look for new mining investments…he brings them to me merely by his involvement.

2 Likes

Interesting reference to Novo in Inventus’ latest PR:

As with almost all paleoplacers, assays from drilling alone do not provide enough information about gold grade because of the uneven gold distribution and small sample size. Therefore, it is crucial to collect an adequate size sample to correctly measure the grade.

An instructive example of this type of sampling was carried out by Novo Resources at their Beatons Creek paleoplacer project in Australia, which is currently starting commercial gold production. It included 45 samples averaging two tonnes each at regular intervals across the mineralized horizon.

2 Likes

Just an update :

Skeena Confirms Completion of Share Consolidation June 10, 2021

Vancouver, BC (June 10, 2021) Skeena Resources Limited (TSX: SKE , OTCQX: SKREF ) (“Skeena” or the “Company”) is pleased to confirm that, pursuant to its news release dated June 4, 2021, the Company’s common shares have been consolidated at a ratio of four pre-consolidation shares to one post-consolidation share (the “Consolidation”). The common shares will begin trading on a post-consolidation basis on the TSX at market open today, June 10, 2021.

The Company now has 60,952,631 common shares issued and outstanding and all outstanding warrants and incentive stock options have been adjusted to increase their exercise price by a factor of four and to reduce the number of common shares issued upon exercise by dividing by four.

About Skeena
Skeena Resources Limited is a Canadian mining exploration company focused on revitalizing the past-producing Eskay Creek gold-silver mine located in Tahltan Territory in the Golden Triangle of northwest British Columbia, Canada. The Company released a robust Preliminary Economic Assessment in late 2019 and is currently focused on infill and exploration drilling to advance Eskay Creek to full Feasibility by Q1 2022. Additionally, Skeena continues exploration programs at the past-producing Snip gold mine.

I believe there is a needed correction in this release, however.
It appears there is a new trading symbol on the OTC that may have caused some initial confusion in the US market. Fidelity shows the new ticker post reverse split as SKRED. Although I did not pick up the bid this morning, I did add to my position the last couple of days. I think we’ll see some very positive updates on this one throughout the summer.

1 Like

Is this anywhere near the bottom, or as Basel III is scheduled to be enacted at the end of the month have any effect at all? Physical Gold changes from a Tier 3 (which includes paper contracts) asset to a Tier 1 (physical allocated gold) asset for banks. Here is an excerpt from a much longer article that has a very clear explanation of what Basel III is all about.

Some changes called for in Basel 3 were so extreme that some revisions were made and implementation was repeatedly delayed. As it now stands, some of the impact of Basel 3 takes effect at the end of June this year, while all changes become effective on Jan. 1, 2023.

The goal of the forthcoming Basel regulations is to limit the levels of risk that banks take on in the pursuit of profits, which would hopefully prevent a major worldwide financial crisis if markets turn negative. It’s a wonderful idea in theory. However, in practice, some changes could be so disruptive to the actions of some governments, central banks and financial institutions that there is already pushback.

Part of the Basel 3 regulations that could be especially disruptive are those involving bank trading of precious metals.

This is a very good article. I don’t think we’ll have to wait until 2023 to see some sensational moves upwards in the POG and resulting moves in the miners. The aftermath effects of Basel III may explain a lot of the volatility I expect to see in the PM mining sector. I expect some spectacular returns over the next several years in many of the producing and streaming stocks. There are a number of speculative drillers in both gold and silver that are likely to be targeted for M & A by the majors. I’m long on many of my core holdings, but expect to swing trade incrementally as opportunities arise.

1 Like