Other Mining Stocks

Many silver miners and streamers turning the corner after prolonged bear market in silver.
Silver chart today:

3 Likes

Did anyone else pick up this gem when I asked the above question June of last year?
PPS based for most of 2018 and has been picking up since beginning of this year. Fruta del Norte had a very interesting history as many here will remember. Looks to be on schedule for forth quarter. It will be worth keeping an eye on to see what the 1st gold pour looks like.

For anyone that may want to follow-up:

CONSTRUCTION ON SCHEDULE AND ON BUDGET FOR FIRST GOLD IN FOURTH QUARTER OF THIS YEAR
VANCOUVER, Aug. 9, 2019 /CNW/ - Lundin Gold Inc. (“Lundin Gold” or the “Company”) (TSX: LUG, Nasdaq Stockholm: LUG) is pleased to announce its results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2019. All amounts are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated.

https://www.lundingold.com/en/news/lundin-gold-reports-q2-2019-results-122599/

FWIW - It may be of interest that Dr. Sillitoe assisted during the 2006-2007 early feasibility assessment of this property. It took many years, delays, and a great deal of expense with financing to bring this well known deposit to the current stage of production.

1 Like

RNC released an updated 43-101 report. Looks pretty positive. Here is a summary of all the highlights:

1 Like

A couple important items to note from the report:

On the basis of these resource estimate updates, RNC Minerals plans to complete a gold reserve estimate at Beta Hunt mine that we expect will support resumption of full-scale production at Beta Hunt in Q4 2019.

Expansion Potential
At this stage, however, following the recent acquisition of the Higginsville Gold Operations (HGO), the balance of the Beta Hunt exploration drilling program is to be deferred while exploration and resource definition activities will be focused on opportunities for short term additions to the resource base at HGO.

http://www.rncminerals.com/2019-08-13-RNC-Minerals-Announces-Filing-of-Technical-Report-for-Beta-Hunt-Gold-Resource-Update

1 Like

Well, it looks like I TOO will be in a position to accumulate MUX, haha! But, from all the things I read, which are consistent with what you were saying (Traderich), I’m very confident things will turn around over the next year - and will certainly share if/when I see anything positive.

1 Like

News Release Issued: Aug 21, 2019 (7:10am EDT)

To view this release online and get more information about RNC Minerals visit: http://www.rncminerals.com/2019-08-21-RNC-Minerals-Produces-7-873-ounces-of-gold-in-July-2019

RNC Minerals Produces 7,873 ounces of gold in July 2019

TORONTO, Aug. 21, 2019 /CNW/ - RNC Minerals (TSX: RNX) (“RNC”) is pleased to announce that gold production for the month of July 2019 was 7,873 ounces.

1 Like

RNC seems to be getting their act together for sure since the new CEO took over:

Monday, Beta Hunt Mine Tour https://insidexploration.com/insidexploration-exclusive-beta-hunt-mine-tour/

Wednesday, RNC Minerals Produces 7,873 ounces of gold in July 2019 http://www.rncminerals.com/2019-08-21-RNC-Minerals-Produces-7-873-ounces-of-gold-in-July-2019

Thursday, RNC Investor presentation
http://www.rncminerals.com/presentations

Friday, Mining Underway at Baloo Open Pit Mine
http://www.rncminerals.com/2019-08-23-Mining-Underway-at-Baloo-Open-Pit-Mine

Followed by… Graeme Sloan interview in Toronto

1 Like

Simple question … anyone feeling overexposed to PM mining over other sectors? :wink:

If we get a significant adjustment in the stock market in the weeks ahead like I suspect then I think that will buoy the POG for awhile. OTOH if we get a Trumpian miracle and stocks rally that’s different :face_with_monocle:

TORONTO, Sept. 6, 2019 /CNW/ - RNC Minerals (TSX: RNX) (“RNC” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce gold production for the month of August 2019 of 8,104 ounces. Paul Andre Huet, Chairman & CEO, commented: "August gold production of 8,104 ounces is further evidence of a strong start to the second half of the year, with total July-August production of 15,977 ounces. Material processed during August was comprised of Beta Hunt mined material, mined material from the Baloo Stage I open pit and run of mine stockpiles.

I had reached out to Inventus (Stefan Spears) to find out the status of the bulk sample program that I, and probably all other Inventus shareholders, were REALLY looking forward to this summer. I got the following detailed response from chief geologist Wesley Whymark:

Hi Rick,

*This is Wesley Whymark, chief geologist with Inventus. I have started answering emails on the info@Inventus account. *

*We were all looking forward to the bulk sample. We have had the 007 zone drilled since mid December of last year. It is very disappointing but since the gold price has risen the area has become even more valuable. *

The reason is both cost and tailings. The black fox mill (BFM) has net neutral tailings and since our ore has pyrite in it, it would be acid generating. They took the 1st 1,000 tonne bulk sample as a favor. Many deposits are acid generating so its not a problem. We could still use the BFM, however, they are concerned about the sulfide and would like to have a gravity and flotation circuit in place. We did testing (see press release july 9th 2019) and we have 0.05% sulfide in the ore after gravity plus flotation so it would not be acid generating after that type of mill circuit. We are currently working on a solution with the BFM to have a gravity + flotation circuit in place.

We have been looking for other mills in the mean time that have a gravity + flotation circuit already in place, however, they have been unreasonably priced or to far to ship our ore too. We our still looking for other mills in the area that are under capacity and have a few other options we have engaged. Hope this answers your question.

*On another note we have been making very good progress on our Sudbury 2.0 Project, which is an excellent “world class” type deposit environment. *

If you have any other questions just let me know. I will be spending time in the field prospecting and mapping the Sudbury 2.0 property but will find time to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Wes

Reading back at the July 9 press release, I guess all the hints were there about what the company was doing, though I completely looked past it at the time because I’m not a geologist and it just seemed the company was reporting on general progress. It’s not as if it would’ve changed my investment strategy with Inventus…I’m holding this as they prove up the property and until the inevitable buyout occurs. So there’s not much that shareholders can really do about this situation except wait it out.

On a positive note, insiders continue to accumulate on a regular basis:

3 Likes

TORONTO, Sept. 24, 2019 /CNW/ - RNC Minerals (TSX: RNX) (“RNC”) is pleased to announce that additional high-grade coarse gold has been recovered at its Beta Hunt Mine in Western Australia.

An estimated 1,750 ounces of coarse gold has been recovered from 274 kg of rock (see Figure 1)1. The discovery occurred on the 16 Level A Zone, 160 metres south and 25 metres below the Father’s Day Vein discovery and on the same level as the high-grade gold mined in June 2019 (see Figure 2 below for a long section showing main section of A Zone).

1 Like

Unigold Inc. (TSX-V: UGD, UGDIF)
Still very thinly traded. Not much of a tradable stock for now. May want to include on a watch list.

Just a followup, really, as I haven’t followed this one at all since I posted and took a position a couple years back. Had to notice when yesterday it really popped! This one trippled since a low of 0.085 back in May. I guess it makes a difference when Eric Sprott takes a 10% position. Still has a long way to go.

http://www.unigoldinc.com/i/pdf/nr/2019-09-19_NR-gha8623gkaj4.pdf

1 Like

NEWS RELEASES

Solid Production Performance For RNC Minerals September Gold Production Of 8,239 Oz
Drives Strong Third Quarter Production of 24,216 oz

TORONTO, Oct. 7, 2019 /CNW/ - RNC Minerals (TSX: RNX) (“RNC” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce consolidated gold production of 8,239 ounces for the month of September from its Beta Hunt and Higginsville mines in Western Australia. This is the third month of consistent production following the acquisition of Higginsville and brings total gold production for the third quarter of 2019 to 24,216 ounces. These figures do not include the estimated 1,750 ounces of coarse gold recovered from the Beta Hunt Mine in late September (see RNC news release dated September 24, 2019).
http://www.rncminerals.com/2019-10-07-Solid-Production-Performance-for-RNC-Minerals-September-Gold-Production-of-8-239-oz

TORONTO, Oct. 15, 2019 /CNW/ - RNC Minerals (TSX: RNX) (“RNC” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that for the six month period ending December 31, 2019, management is targeting production of between 42,000 to 49,000 ounces of gold at an average all-in-sustaining-cost (AISC)3 of US$1,150 to US$1,250 per ounce.

The way I figure it that leaves a profit of about $13,500,000 for the last 6 mos. of the year.

WoW !!!

3,200 oz Gold Recovered

TORONTO, Oct. 17, 2019 /CNW/ - RNC Minerals (TSX: RNX) (“RNC”) is pleased to announce that another high-grade coarse gold discovery has been made at its Beta Hunt Mine in Western Australia.

An estimated 3,200 ounces of coarse gold has been recovered from the 15 Level A Zone approximately 30 metres north of the Father’s Day Vein that was uncovered last year (see RNC news release dated September 9, 2018). Work was being undertaken in the area in preparation for stope production which is expected to take place late this year or early next year.

Paul Andre Huet, Chairman and CEO commented: “This is yet another example of Beta Hunt delivering rich pods of high-grade coarse gold. This high-grade occurrence is within 30 metres of the Father’s Day Vein discovery announced last year. We anticipate mining stopes in this encouraging area towards the end of 2019 or early 2020. These high-grade gold occurrences provide additional cash generation beyond what is forecasted by our steady state mine model, which excludes these high-grade zones.”

3 Likes

Good presentation on RNC
1 Like

I think Prophecy will soon pop to 55 cents. Huge long term potential IMO.

Prophecy Development Corp (TSX: PCY, OTC: PRPCF) has advanced top-tier silver and vanadium projects.

Prophecy’s Pulacayo silver project features top-tier diamond drill intercept of 1,030 g/t Ag over 25 meters, a starter resource 31 million indicated oz at 455g/t, 21 million oz inferred*. Only 30% of the known mineralization is drilled. Pulacayo is near New Pacific’s Major Discovery, Selling for a fraction of NUAG’s valuation.

Prophecy specializes in mine permitting, construction, and operations.

The company is managed by mine builders with combined over 100 years of industry experience. Prophecy has no bank debt and approximately 109 million shares outstanding.

1 Like