Other Mining Stocks

A chart I find interesting is the Gold/Silver Ratio.
I expect silver to rise more quickly than gold, however COMEX paper trading has allowed historical ratios to reach near historical highs. At 2011 low ratio both gold and silver prices were very high, so don’t let the chart confuse you. This chart is only showing the ratio movement; not the price movement. Silver had hit $49 and Gold peaked around $1900:

I expect the ratio based on historical ratios to eventually move into the 50 to 55 range, FWIW.
Sitting tight and adding at pullbacks in a volatile market seems like it may be the best strategy for those not sitting in front of a computer all day and those not trading on a daily basis.

Will be interesting to see this quarters results for the good miners with gold and silver increasing. They keep chugging higher in stock price

Rick Rule Audio out today:

Thought this was interesting:

Agnico Eagle mine in Mexico victim of unspecified gold and silver theft

Jul 21 2016, 12:58 ET | About: Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (AEM) | By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor

Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM +1.9%) says a group of armed men stormed its La India mine in northern Mexico yesterday, stealing a cache of silver and gold.AEM’s Mexican subsidiary does not provide an estimate of the value of the theft, but says the mine in the Sonora state - known for drug violence - is operating normally.The La India mine has a lifespan of seven years and is expected to produce 100K oz. of gold in 2016.

1 Like

http://www.interior-news.com/breaking_news/387676271.html

Maybe I should try a career change and move out of the insanely overpriced Vancouver

1 Like

getting lots of people doing that. Lots from Alberta and southern BC doing that

[quote=“Hurricane_Rick, post:85, topic:1057”]
So you may want to keep your eye out for any buying opportunities that occur due to the recent reverse split.
[/quote] Any “tingly” feeling where this may retrace to (short term), or end up long term? I think at one point that you thought this might eventually be a buy-out target for a mid-tier or major. Is that what you will be looking for long term … a TO from MUX? Why wouldn’t this create a bidding war for TSXV: IVS? Would a RTO/merger for shares be more likely?

For those of you following Barkerville Gold Mines, & are fans of Eric Sprott, BGM (Vancoucer) news:

BARKERVILLE GOLD MINES ANNOUNCES SALE OF SHARES BY CONTROLLING SHAREHOLDER TO OSISKO MINING CORP.

2176423 Ontario Ltd., a company controlled by Eric Sprott, the
controlling shareholder of Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd., has entered into
an agreement with Osisko Mining Inc., pursuant to which it will sell an aggregate of 50 million common shares of the company, representing approximately 17 per cent of the outstanding Barkerville shares. 2176423 agreed to sell 25 million Barkerville shares in exchange for 8,097,166 common shares of Osisko Mining. 2176423 further agreed to sell the remaining 25 million Barkerville shares for an aggregate purchase price of $20-million, payable in cash. The Barkerville shares were acquired by Osisko Mining at a price of 80 cents per Barkerville share.

Following the sale, the following will be the major shareholders of the company:

Mr. Sprott -- holding, directly and indirectly, **55,281,643** Barkerville shares, representing **18.8 per cent** of the issued and outstanding Barkerville shares; 

Osisko Gold Royalties -- holding **47,625,000** Barkerville shares, representing **16.2** per cent of the issued and outstanding Barkerville shares; 

Osisko Mining -- holding **50 million** Barkerville shares, representing **17 per cent** of the issued and outstanding Barkerville shares.

That’s _52% controlled by Sprott & the Osisko companie_s, and doesn’t include the other insiders.

Barkerville controls one of the largest (if not the largest) gold claim packages in Canada, including several past producing mines and many spectacular drill results.

1 Like

Osisko notes that Barkerville is well funded with cash and short term investments of approximately $44.5 million as at May 31, 2016 to complete its near term development plans.

Osisko also notes that Barkerville’s updated mineral resource estimate for the Cow Mountain area of the Cariboo Gold Project is outlined in the table below.

Classification (MTonnes) Au Grade (g/t) Au (Moz)(1)

Indicated ---- 35.8 — 2.4 — 2.8

Inferred(2) ---------- 27.5 -------- 2.3 ------- 2.0

THAT’S 4.8m OZ on JUST 1 OF THE PROPERTIES !

Thanks Rod,
Also…
Osisko Declares Third Quarter Dividend
BY Market Wire
— 4:05 PM ET 08/04/2016
MONTREAL, QUEBEC – (Marketwired) – 08/04/16 – Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd ( OR
“Osisko” or the “Company”) is pleased to declare a third quarter 2016 dividend of CAD$0.04 per share. The dividend will be paid on October 14, 2016 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on September 30, 2016. For shareholders residing in the U.S.A., the U.S. dollar equivalent will be determined based on the noon rate published by the Bank of Canada on September 30, 2016.This dividend is an “eligible dividend” as defined in the Income Tax Act (Canada).
Sean Roosen, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“We are pleased to announce our eighth consecutive quarterly dividend which demonstrates the strength of our high-quality income producing royalties. With this dividend, Osisko will have returned approximately CAD$26.6 million to its shareholders. We will seek to responsibly increase this dividend as we continue to expand our cash flows from our portfolio of royalties and investments.”
The Company also wishes to remind its Canadian shareholders that it has implemented a dividend reinvestment plan (the “Plan”). Shareholders who are residents of Canada may elect to participate in the plan in connection with the dividend to be paid on October 14, 2016 to shareholders on record as of September 30, 2016. The Company will issue the common shares from treasury at a 3% discount to the weighted average price of the common shares on the TSX during the five (5) trading days immediately preceding the dividend payment date. Participation in the Plan is optional and will not affect shareholders’ cash dividends unless they elect to participate in the Plan. Quarterly dividends are only payable as and when declared by Osisko’s Board of Directors.
A complete copy of the Plan and the enrolment form are available on Osisko’s website at Dividend Reinvestment Plan | Osisko. Shareholders should carefully read the complete text of the Plan before making any decisions regarding their participation in the Plan.
Non-registered beneficial shareholders who wish to participate in the Plan should contact their financial advisor, broker, investment dealer, bank or other financial institution that holds their common shares to inquire about the applicable enrolment deadline and to request enrolment in the Plan. For more information on how to enroll or any other inquiries, contact the Agent at 1-800-387-0825 (toll-free in Canada) or inquiries@canstockta.com.
Participation in the Plan does not relieve shareholders of any liability for taxes that may be payable in respect of dividends that are reinvested in common shares under the Plan. Shareholders should consult their tax advisors concerning the tax implications of their participation in the Plan having regard to their particular circumstances.
This press release is not an offer or a solicitation of an offer of securities.
About Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd ( OR )
Osisko Gold Royalties ( OR ) is an intermediate precious metal royalty company focused on the Americas that commenced activities in June 2014. It holds 52 royalties, including a 5% NSR royalty on the Canadian Malartic Mine (Canada) and a 2.0-3.5% NSR royalty on the Éléonore Mine (Canada). In addition to its royalty interest, it holds an investment portfolio. It maintains a strong financial position with cash resources of $425 at June 30, 2016 and has distributed dividends to its shareholders during the past seven consecutive quarters.
Osisko’s head office is located at 1100 Avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal, Suite 300, Montréal, Québec, H3B 2S2.

MUX $4.80 moving nicely :smile:

yeah it is.

$6.12 Cdn… nice having a winner. Now if only I had bought more at .85 and $1.15 . Story of my life…should have sold the first born :wink:

1 Like

This may be of interest to a few here (I missed this announcement because I already had a position, …just noticed nice increase today):

Red Eagle Mining Intersects 11.5 Metres at 7.25 Grams Gold Per Tonne and 0.8 Metres at 169 Grams Gold Per Tonne

VANCOUVER, Aug. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ - Red Eagle Mining Corporation (TSX-V: RD, OTCQX: RDEMF, SSE-V: RDCL) is pleased to announce results from ongoing ore production stope delineation drilling at the San Ramon Gold Mine, Santa Rosa Gold Project, Antioquia, Colombia. The results from the initial 5 holes (SRD-0001 to SRD-0005) were previously announced. An additional 18 holes have been completed (SRD-0006 to SRD-0023) with highlights including intersections:
:black_small_square: SRD-0010 - 11.48m at 7.25 g/t Au from 100.50m down hole (incl. 1.89m at 19.05 g/t Au)
:black_small_square: SRD-0017 - 5.10m at 12.27 g/t Au from 93.90m down hole (incl. 1.46m at 29.94 g/t Au)
:black_small_square: SRD-0018 - 1.35m at 50.11 g/t Au from 71.85m down hole
:black_small_square: SRD-0020 - 10.60m at 4.22 g/t Au from 36.70m down hole (incl. 3.40m at 6.36 g/t Au)
SRD-0021 - 0.80m at 168.91 g/t Au from 92.60m down hole

A second miner offers a dividend “paid in gold” - this one in Australia with the Perth Mint as a partner in the program:

https://www.rml.com.au/uploads/7/2/0/8/72081691/160830-rsg-asx-resolute_to_pay_gold_dividend.pdf

I think it’s funny, some of us own MUX and MDMN…the manage of both company’s are polar opposites to the extreme! Least I appear to be getting smarter in my old age😎

1 Like