Other (Non-Mining) Stocks

Thanks Rick. Well HEXO did make a turn today. Will it hold? What is your entry point?

I bought into AGRA at near it’s height…$0.49 was my cost basis. I sold with 40% loss of my investment. Bought back in for half at 0.27, but I figure there is not much point in investing the other half until they get license from Health Canada and can start earning . That is why I asked for a good cannabis stock for the next 4 months. I invested 1/4 of it into AMD. I like it and might keep it there. I am hopeful that fall will be a turnaround for those cannabis stocks that have license and are harvesting. If I can earn back some of my losses in a revenue producing cannabis stock and invest it back into AGRA at, or near the point of my original sale, then I have successfully lowered my cost basis.
I am sure my plan will backfire and I probably should have just kept my money in AGRA. Actually, if I had put all my investment into AMD at the time I put it into AGRA I would be up 40% instead of down. Hah.

The S&P 500 Emini Futures contract (ES) is reaching the 62% retracement level of the climb back to the top from the recent drop. The number is 2932.50. We’ll see if we don’t get another down leg on bad market news in the next day or two, or if we continue the market climb.

Follow up on HEXO, as it turns out that dip from a couple weeks ago off the lower channel support line was the place to buy - it resulted in a 20-25% run. As I mentioned previously, the drop was too precipitous for me and I decided to watch from the sidelines. If there is a pullback back to the lower trend line I’ll probably take a position, though I’m not usually anxious to take positions in August unless it is a screaming buy.

Thanks, HR. You still bullish on AGFAF at these levels I assume?

I’m averaging down here, but I’m not pounding on the table because the overall market and the pot sector are struggling here. AgraFlora has been diluting more than I’d like. In some cases they are building up and expanding the company’s pipeline which I can accept, however they’ve also issued stock options to management and consultants which makes me pump the brakes. It would be different if there were achievements that deserve rewarding like receiving the license from Health Canada or planting their first crop, etc.

So I’m still bullish, but my position is large enough now that I’m not overly compelled to buy more. I did average down some regardless.

My time horizon for holding is over a year so I can wait out the growing pains.

2 Likes

AgraFlora Organics Provides Final Licensing Guidance and Operational Update At 2.2M Sq./Ft. Delta Greenhouse Complex

VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 09, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – AgraFlora Organics International Inc. (“ AgraFlora ” or the “ Company ”) ( CSE: AGRA) (Frankfurt: PU31) (OTCPK: AGFAF ), a growth oriented and diversified international cannabis company, is pleased to provide the following licensing guidance and operational updates pertaining to the Company’s 2,200,000 square foot Delta Greenhouse Complex:

• Completion of perimeter security fencing;
  • Installation of comprehensive surveillance and anti-intrusion systems, as well as access control infrastructure supported by servers and sustained by independent, backup generators;
  • Completion of Post Harvest zones including dry rooms, trim room, secure storage and packaging facilities;
  • Retrofitting of garment hygiene rooms, security/administration offices, as well as staff amenities;
  • Installation of state-of-the-art air exchange system equipped with climate and odour controls;
  • Full roof vent insect netting installation for crop protection;
  • Supplemental light output upgrades and the furnishing of light deprivation screens;
  • Installation of irrigation buffer tanks, mixing stations, and distribution system;
  • Retrofit and upgrade of Argus® Titan climate control system;
  • Completed grow room divisions for climate and hygiene isolation; and,
  • Successful submission of its affirmation of readiness and video evidence package (the “Evidence Package”) to Health Canada for its Phase 1 build-out.
    • Evidence Package submission is the final measure required in order to demonstrate and confirm to Health Canada that the Delta Greenhouse Complex is fully built, operationally ready and in compliance with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations, prior to being issued its standard cultivation licence.

The Company’s Phase 1 retrofit of its flagship Delta Greenhouse Complex is comprised of approximately 431,000 square feet of cultivation/processing expanse, including over 130,000 square feet of net flower canopy and is estimated to produce 15,000,000 million grams of premium cannabis annually. With the completion PSC’s Phase 1 retrofit, the Company’s current annual projected output of dried flower is approximately 160,000 kg including 2020 forecasted production at its purpose built AAA Heidelberg craft cannabis cultivation facility. In addition, AgraFlora anticipates the successful recapture of over 1,000,000 grams of premium cannabis trim to be manufactured into ancillary value-added cannabis products on an annualized basis.

AgraFlora worked with experienced security and licensing consultants at 3|Sixty Secure to obtain consulting services and produce the attestation package for the license application. 3|Sixty’s consultants are industry experts who have worked directly with more than 60 per cent of Canadian LPs and ensure their clients’ attestation packages meet the highest standards possible.

Brandon Boddy, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of AgraFlora stated: “The successful submission of our Evidence Package to Health Canada is a momentous milestone in AgraFlora’s evolution towards the cultivation of premium, genetically characterized cannabis under 2.2 million square feet of glass at our world-class Delta Greenhouse Complex. Based on the most recent timelines from Health Canada, AgraFlora anticipates the award of a standard cultivation license within six to eight weeks.

Many thanks to the high functioning and multifaceted Houweling’s team for their commitment to this JV; consistently achieving mission critical, project level deliverables under budget and ahead of schedule.

The award of standard cultivation license from Health Canada at our Delta facility will signal to the marketplace that AgraFlora is primed to realize considerable cash flows from a top tier cannabis cultivation and processing hub. Through astute engineering and planning, our bellwether Delta facility will support the expansion of capacity while maintaining its full operational capabilities throughout Phase 2 and 3 of our planned retrofit.”

AgraFlora projects that Phase 1 of the Delta Greenhouse Complex retrofit will be completed on or before October 31st, 2019 and upon receipt of a standard cultivation license, in accordance with the Cannabis Act and Regulations, expects to immediately import a portfolio of high-end cultivars under a declaration from Health Canada. As a result of extensive deliberations with PSC and its industry consultants, the Company’s internal forecasts indicate that the inaugural harvest at its Delta Greenhouse Complex will occur within the first quarter of 2020.

Concurrent to AgraFlora’s inaugural harvest, the Company plans to initiate Phase 2 of the Delta Greenhouse Complex retrofit in December of 2019, which will include:

• 10 flower rooms with over 1,000,000 square feet of canopy; and,
  • 40,000 square feet of post harvest/processing space.

Ruben Houweling, General Manager of PSC stated: “The Phase 1 retrofit of the Delta Greenhouse Complex and resulting submission of our Evidence Package to Health Canada was a exercise of expert execution in project management, cost analysis and agricultural innovation; culminating in over 160 skilled trade workers on site working in parallel paths to create one of the most advanced hybrid cannabis cultivation facilities in Canada, if not the world.

With the anticipated award of our standard cultivation license just weeks away and the commencement of Phase 2’s retrofit scheduled for December 2020- material levels of production are imminent”.

About AgraFlora Organics International Inc.

AgraFlora Organics International Inc. is a growth oriented and diversified company focused on the international cannabis industry. It owns an indoor cultivation operation in London, ON and is a joint venture partner in Propagation Service Canada and its large-scale 2,200,000 sq. ft. greenhouse complex in Delta, BC. The Company has a successful record of creating shareholder value and is actively pursuing other opportunities within the cannabis industry. For more information please visit: www.agraflora.com.

2 Likes

The submission of their video package to Health Canada is significant news for AgraFlora. That’s the final step in the licensing process. Now they just wait for approval, assuming the facility has been built to Health Canada’s specifications. The time line for approval is 6-8 weeks, though it could be sooner.

The stock reacted well in a bad day for the cannabis sector.

.21 isn’t a bad entry point IMO if you wish to play the short term license approval. There could be a run-up into November and then a sell-on-news event. Ideally it would be helpful if the overall pot sector turned bullish, but regardless, I believe that barring any black swan events, the price of AGFAF should be higher then than it is today. All IMO of course.

2 Likes

Great news! Hey Rick maybe we should have them build another greenhouse on the Alto lots of property there just sitting to no use.

1 Like

AgraFlora Organics Could Explode Over The Next Year

Sep. 24, 2019 11:47 AM ET

|

18 comments

|

About: AgraFlora Organics International Inc. (AGFAF)

Gary Bourgeault

Gary Bourgeault

Long only, research analyst, portfolio strategy, media

(11,051 followers)

Summary

Many of the pieces for long-term growth are close to being put in play.

Successful submission of its evidence package to Health Canada - last step before being issued its standard cultivation license.

Its 2.2 million square foot Delta Greenhouse Complex will be one of largest in the world.

A non-binding cannabidiol letter of intent has been entered into with one of the largest Canadian food retailers.

The company has also acquired stake in Hong Kong-based Eurasia Infused Cosmetics Inc.

agraflora source: USA Today

AgraFlora Organics (OTCPK:AGFAF) has been quietly building out a strong cultivation base that will result in it being one of the market leaders in production capacity in the cannabis industry when completed.

The market hasn’t caught wind of the narrative yet, as it has been recently trading on average at about only $.20 per share. While most companies at this price point are essentially worthless, AgraFlora is a real company that is aggressively expanding at a significant pace.

In this article we’ll look at the near-term potential of its giant new facility, its possible deal with an unnamed giant retailer in Canada, and how this may play out in the Canadian cannabis market over the next year or so.

Delta Greenhouse Complex

By far the most important part of AgraFlora’s business is its joint venture with Propagation Service Canada to build a 2.2 million square foot greenhouse in Delta, BC, Canada. At completion, it’ll be one of the largest in the world. AgraFlora’s stake in the joint venture is 70 percent.The companies have already submitted their evidence package to Health Canada concerning its Phase One build-out. The package confirms Delta Greenhouse is in compliance with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations. When approved, it’ll be issued a cultivation license.

The facility shouldn’t have any problem being approved because AgraFlora worked with 3|Sixty Secure as a consultant on the project. 3|Sixty Secure has worked with over 60 percent of the Canadian LPs to ensure they’re compliant and will be awarded their cultivation licenses.

AgraFlora expects to receive its a standard cultivation license in four to six weeks. Phase 1 of the retrofit should be completed “on or before October 31st, 2019.”

After receiving the license the company will quickly import “a portfolio of high-end cultivars.” The first harvest is expected to arrive in the first quarter of 2020.

After the Phase 1 retrofit, the facility will have about 431,000 square feet of cultivation/processing space to work with. That will produce an estimated 160,000 kilograms of drived flower, or approximately 15 million grams annually. AgraFlora also believe it will be able to recapture more than 1 million grams of premium cannabis trim on an annual basis that will be turned into high-value products.

At the launch of Phase 2 of the project, included with that retrofit will be ten flower rooms with more than 1 million square feet of canopy, and another 40,000 square feet designed for post harvest and processing.

In negotiations with large Canadian retailer for CBD distribution

In August 2019 AgraFlora announced it had entered into a non-binding agreement, dated July 31, 2019, with a large Canadian retailer for the distribution of CBD products across the nation.

Among the products being considered to be supplied to the retailer are edibles, cosmetics, beverages, CBD performance products, and pet products, among others.

Brandon Boddy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of AgraFlora said this:

Following a protracted assessment of the Canadian cannabis marketplace as well as the associated Health Canada regulations we are elated to announce that this prominent Canadian Food Retailer has selected AgraFlora as a potential partner of choice for CBD commercialization and distribution due our assets human capital and manufacturing capabilities.

The importance of this and/or similar deals is the company must develop a distribution network in order to sell its products. That’s obvious, but the company must prove it has the capabilities to do so, or it’ll be sitting on a lot of pot. Keep in mind the negotiations with major food retailer isn’t a done deal yet.

Eurasia Infused Cosmetics Inc.

Another deal announced in August was the agreement by AgraFlora Organics to acquire 50 percent of the “issued and outstanding shares of Eurasia Infused Cosmetics Inc.”

Eurasia Infused, via a CBD Group Asia Limited, based in Hong Kong, has control of a distribution agreement with the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and the People’s Republic of China.

Citing Regent Pacific Group from Hong Kong, CEO Brandon Boddy said the CBD market in China alone is forecasted to be worth $15 billion by 2024, citing beauty and wellness as the primary catalysts."

The Chinese cosmetics market will be primarily served through its wholly owned subsidiary Canutra, which manufactures and sells premium personal care and cosmetic products. It’s located in New Brunswick.

Needless to say, this is potentially a predictable and sustainable market AgraFlora can expand in for many years.

Uncertainty and risk

The major caveat for the potential of an extraordinary run for AgraFlora in the near future is the enormous amount of competition in Canada from entrenched and large players, and the slow licensing process that has severely limited the number of retail outlets that can be sold through.

Some of that would be mitigated if it does land the deal with the large retailer, but if not, the company will have to scramble to find ways to distribute it product at scale. I think this this is the biggest risk for AgraFlora at this time.

There is no doubt in my mind it’s going to be awarded a cultivation license, and that it’s going to generate some serious product in the not-too-distant future.

Having enough product doesn’t seem to be a problem to me, and even in Phase 1 of its project it’ll catapult ahead to be in the top ten in Canadian production capacity.

While AgraFlora has an outlet into the Chinese and Hong Kong markets, along with a presence in Colombia, it will need to find more distribution channels in Canada to do really well. I think it will find a way to do so as it proves it can deliver on its supply estimates.

One last thing is AgraFlora does need more markets to compete in in order to sell what is going to become a large amount of pot. Eventually the Canadian market will have more than enough supply to meet demand, and those without an international presence are going to struggle to grow at that time.

Conclusion

I think AgraFlora is an extraordinary bargain at $.20 per share, when taking into consideration the production capacity it’s going to have in the near future, the inevitable cultivation license it’ll receive, and the growing number of outlets it can distribute its product in.

If it lands the deal with the large retailer, or something similar, this stock will take off. Even without that it may take off once it gains approval for the cultivation license, and the market sees the potential of China and the Canadian market.

How fast and high it goes will continue to be determined in part by market sentiment, but this is going to be a stock that has a lot of emotion attached to it when it’s discovered, and that will drive the share price up in the short term far more than the fundamentals. After the initial run it’ll settle down and perform more in align with its underlying potential.

When considering you can buy 1,000 shares in the company for $200 at this time, it’s a no-brainer to me to take some cash allocated to risky investments and take a position in AgraFlora. I don’t think it’s going to take too long before it starts to reward shareholders.

For now, I wouldn’t think in terms of holding long term, but once the big run slows down and profits are taken, it would be worth considering it more for the long term once there is more clarity on the potential retail deal, and it secures more distribution deals based upon its production capacity.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4293264-agraflora-organics-explode-next-year

Pot stocks (and AGFAF) getting crushed again today. Took a gamble on buying more AGFAF at .13 as a 90-day (or so) swing.

2 Likes

Do any of you guys like Ely Gold Royalties?

What caught my eye is three very reputable people are involved

Rob McEwen
Rick Rule
Eric Sprott (just made a deal to loan them $6 Million)

2 Likes

ELY.V has moved up steadily during the year. It moved up nicely after your post, drifted back down, and now appears to be moving up again. Watchlist, maybe an entry level position. Thanks for posting.

HR,
Maybe AGFAF is a 90-day or so swing trade from today :neutral_face:
Anyway, I bought a few shares at .10, FWIW

1 Like

Yeah, AGFAF is getting crushed by 3 things:

1. Overall downtrend in the cannabis sector due to oversupply of product and under-supply of distribution/dispensaries. Fortunately AGFAF is setting up their distribution channels so when they start growing product, they will be somewhat protected from this issue.

2. Excessive dilution, though mostly used to build out their business. Though there have been aggravating insider stock distributions which I feel should wait until they are a licensed producer, or until revenues start coming in. AGFAF has opted to be a turnkey producer out of the gate rather than slowly building their business as the company grows. This is a risky and dilutive venture for shareholders because any delays or hiccups along the way really affect share price and cause more dilution as we are seeing now. However, once the infrastructure and distribution channels are in place, they’ve positioned the company for a quicker path to greater revenues.

3. The delay in receiving their license approval from Health Canada. They were anticipating this in late September, early November. The delays, while not concerning, are holding up the company’s ability to move forward with their business plan and it gets expensive to fund a company with no revenues.

It’s great if you haven’t taken a position in AGFAF yet as it presents a great bargain with an easy double from these levels. However, for someone like me who was in at higher levels and has averaged down, it is the type of opportunity you don’t necessarily want to have. I did average down more at .084 this week, but I don’t plan on buying any more until they get the Delta Facility license approved from Health Canada.

2 Likes

The chart for ELY.V looks poised for a nice breakout once it tops 52-week highs. This was a nice recommendation by mrbubba. It’s on my watch list.

2 Likes

I had read up on gold streamers a few months back and saw that even though ELY was one of the SMALLEST of the group of ten streamers the articles were talking about it was the BEST performing (at the time). I then read up on it and liked what I saw. They keep expanding, and I think things are going to get real good with this one in the long run (dreaming of Franco-Nevada numbers … hahahaha!) - we’ll see. But, I also suggested around that same time (and even invested more than just a few dollars in) McEwen Mining (MUX) - which has been hit very hard in the last month, and I think the main reason is McEwen capitulated and did a private financing, not good as it seems McEwen himself has been so religiously against such financings. So, do be careful taking my advice - hahahaha!

One more reading of interest for the weekend and new year ahead that answers a few questions:

Rick,

I still follow your favorite pot stock…Agraflora. There is a trading halt on it since yesterday pending news. Opinion seems to be evenly split whether the news will be really bad or really good. Seems like perhaps they got their long awaited license to grow pot in Canada? Or perhaps all of Management was arrested for high crimes? I guess it could be either. Ha! Still watching on the sidelines.

LOL…yeah, this stupid stock is killing me like MDMN from the old days, though I’m not nearly as heavily weighted here. The entire pot sector is getting creamed and it doesn’t help that AGRA is just waiting around for that stupid license. I’m concerned because Canopy closed a green house in Delta near Agra’s. I guess we’ll see what happens tomorrow.

As the market hit another 7% circuit breaker moments ago, I thought I’d post a chart of the S&P emini futures and share what I’m watching for potential bottoms to the current drop.

This is a monthly interval… long-term chart. As of this moment, the S&P 500 has retraced 38% of the bull market that began from the 665.75 low which occurred on March 2, 2009. The four general areas of support I am watching for are at the 50% retracement level, around 2031.75, the 130 MA, currently at 1936, the 180 MA, currently at 1750, and what I think will most likely be the bouncing point, at or near the 62% retracement level around 1709.25. One bit of potential evidence to watch for that can support a bottom is a strong, hard, “painful”, rapid impulse move down with high volume that retraces itself at least 62% of the move just as rapidly as it occurs. These impulses most often occur over a period of a few minutes. Also keep an eye out for bottom formations such as a cup & handle, inverted head & shoulders, Adam & eve, double bottom…etc.

Oh, and btw, that triangular pattern I drew is a rising wedge formation that foretold the ensuing drop, albiet an upside breakout occurred first for three months prior to this drop.

1 Like