Auryn/Medinah - 2022 - 2nd Half General Discussion

Should be close to that 34 meters of intersecting the DL vein. Maybe it happens “next week” :grimacing: and we get that news

2 Likes

I’m thinking Monday, Tuesday! :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Maybe we could get going pulling ore out of this mountain this year.
Weather has been looking favorable down that way…

A worker transports rocks at Codelco’s El Teniente copper mine near Rancagua, Chile, in April 2011.

Photographer: Morten Andersen/Bloomberg via Getty Image

That would be nice…must be getting close!

“Next Week” :grin: :grin: :laughing: :laughing: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Omen or Sure Thing?

Today, on my way back from the redwood grove where I walk every day…

…and where I hug my favorite tree every day…

…I noticed that my car’s odometer was sitting at 77776.

I headed straight for a nearby gas station where I knew lottery tickets were sold, and just as I rolled into the driveway, the odometer rolled over to 77777.

IMG_9382

I went inside and bought $7 worth of lottery tickets.

I was tempted to buy $77 worth, just because, but I figured $7 worth was pretty much a sure thing…

Or at least an omen!

When it hits, first round at the Shareholders Meeting in Santiago is on me…

– madmen :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Fingers crossed for you! Your trip meter had 3 7’s also!. At the very least you had a great day in the woods. Our great day here in Oregon was because it was raining! Only had a third of an inch from June 10 up until last week. You Californians have to do your own rain dance. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::umbrella:

2 Likes

I just proposed to my future wife in the redwoods near Crescent City. What a beautiful experience! Thanks for sharing your good fortune so that I could share mine.

6 Likes

In my excitement, I neglected to flesh out my thinking: I view this circumstance as a possible omen (or a sure thing?) for all of us in MDMN and AUMC, not just for myself.

Sometimes big events foreshadow themselves. I like to think my “77777” (and yes, that lovely bonus “777” from Trip A) foreshadows something explosive for all of us.

– madmen

8 Likes

I won ten bucks! My investment, plus a little…

And I’m declaring it a good omen – for all of us!

Onward!

– madmen

5 Likes

So that translates into we shall all turn a profit on our investment in Medinah :grinning:

2 Likes

I bought $60 worth of tickets and got blanked. Buying more today or early tomorrow!

1 Like

Best return on investment comes from buying ONE ticket only.

2 Likes

“We anticipate intersecting the Don Luis vein within 34 more meters. Barring unforeseen circumstances this should occur before the end of October.”

Hopefully they hit the jackpot and we will benefit. Time will tell but I am feeling a sense of excitement again…

5 Likes

only one day left - they better hurry!

3 Likes

Do you wonder what Mike Gold and Brecciaboy are thinking and expecting these days….long time since we’ve heard from them??

3 Likes

Hi Sawmillguy,

I haven’t talked to Mike in a while but I assume he, like the rest of us, are waiting for confirmation of an intersection with the DL1 Vein and the commencement of production. My prediction is that when we least expect it, we’ll get an update that states that the intersection between the Antonino Adit and the old workings has been confirmed and that the fresh air from the old workings has been accessed. This would probably be followed by the construction of the gallery.

It’s the enhanced ventilation associated with accessing the old workings that will allow production to safely occur simultaneously at multiple working faces at several different levels. Management’s willingness to front the cash needed to go into production at zero interest and wait on being repaid until the profits from the operation can permit being repaid suggests to me that their confidence level is very high.

Despite all of the delays, I don’t think that the overall story has changed. The artisanal miners, SMFL, operated the old surface workings for 30 years. At Level 0, their production averaged about 54 gpt gold. At Level 1, it averaged about 64 gpt gold. At Level 2, it averaged about 74 gpt gold. The level of the Antonino Adit (the “production adit”) will represent the new “Level 3”. Levels 4,5,6 etc. will be accessed about 20 meters NW of the “gallery” via a descending spiral approach.

The things we’re going to want to key in on are firstly the number of working faces being simultaneously exploited, the aggregate production rates, average GOLD EQUIVALENT grades and average vein widths. SMFL had negligible copper production averaging 0.2% copper. When you study the photos within the Auryn website’s photo gallery you’ll notice the appearance of all of that new blue-colored ore. This suggests the presence of bornite, covellite and chalcocite which are all very high in copper concentration. You might have remembered how one of the samples taken from the bluish-colored ore within the Antonino Adit (Level 3), came in at 5.3% copper. In mesothermal veins like these, the gold will tend to hang out higher in the structure than the copper. When reports add in the contribution from both the gold and the copper you need to talk in terms of GOLD OR COPPER “EQUIVALENTS”.

I think that these somewhat brutal delays are going to lull people to sleep temporarily. You can see how quiet things are on Theminingplay forum. I think that most of us have forgotten the original story by now. I’m hoping that the combination of being both a GOLD and COPPER producer is going to attract investors. All of this movement to electrical vehicles and creating an infrastructure to keep them charged should drive the price of and demand for COPPER upwards. The inflation mess we’re in the midst of us should keep a bid under the price of GOLD. I sense the existence of a course of dominos has been put in place. The need is to get that first one, intersecting the DL1 Vein, to topple. Best of luck to all.

15 Likes

Ten days into November and still no news. Please Auryn surprise us we have been waiting for this for a long time.

8 Likes

Only thing I can say is try to relax about this. They know where it is. They will get there.

15 Likes

Heigh-Ho Medinahmites!
We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in our mine the
Whole day through
To dig dig dig dig dig dig dig is what we really like to do…

4 Likes