Cerro/Medinah/Auryn- 2018 Q1 General Discussion šŸŒ„

Come on Baldy, we all know there is no 43-101. Doc is using information that Luciano Bocanegras provided so that we can get some kind of idea on what we might be looking at. We all know that this investment is a risk and we know that Doc is using simple multipliers to show what could be. We also know that this investment can go to zero so lets cut Doc some slack, he has valuable knowledge that I for one appreciate learning.

6 Likes

DOC, I find your scholarly approach in attempting to educate those less familiar with some of the more technical aspects of geology rather refreshing.
With emphasis on explaining the ā€œformulaā€ for determining a ā€œRESOURCEā€ I think your explanation was quite clear in tems of the math involved.

formula:

1. a mathematical relationship or rule expressed in symbols
  2. a fixed form of words, especially one used in particular contexts or as a conventional usage.

You make this usage quite clear when you go on further to state:

Thank you for your efforts and contributions on this forum to educate in geological terms on some of the more technical aspects of the ADL project.

1 Like

But do we even know that it is the lack of money that is holding things up? Per some of Tupperā€™s comments, he implied that no news isnā€™t bad news. If Auryn actually started significant production like they previously indicated they would back in November or soon there after, investors might not have to wait years for this pan to out. I suppose we should have something tangible to sink our teeth into by the end of next week with Cerroā€™s report.

1 Like

Understood but using Lucianoā€™s ā€œinformationā€ or an interview to discuss a specific ā€œresourceā€ (a conservative 664koz) is exactly what sucked 100ā€™s of investors into this investment in the first place. There is no QP validated resource (43-101) and the market does not afford any value without one. My simple point: a life long, ā€œdie hardā€ Medinah cheerleaderā€™s extrapolation of a WCD has no relevancy or reality to those who are trying to understand what to do with this investment. Just offering a balanced counter view so that one or many donā€™t continue to chase a fictitious pot of gold.

10 Likes

At the current price and lack of volume I highly doubt anyone is chasing this one until it provides sufficient information to give a justifiable reason simply to start buying. Until that happens MDMN is simply dead money priced rightfully or wrongly by the current market perception of the stock. JMO

4 Likes

As far as your statement .( ā€œUnderstood but using Lucianoā€™s ā€œinformationā€ or an interview to discuss a specific ā€œresourceā€ (a conservative 664koz) is exactly what sucked 100ā€™s of investors into this investment in the first placeā€) is incorrect. We could always take a factual poll here on MP to see what percent if any were ā€œsuckedā€ into this based on the Luciano info.

(ā€œMy simple point: a life long, ā€œdie hardā€ Medinah cheerleaderā€™s extrapolation of a WCD has no relevancy or reality to those who are trying to understand what to do with this investmentā€ ) This statement is your opinion and not fact.

(ā€œJust offering a balanced counter view so that one or many donā€™t continue to chase a fictitious pot of gold.ā€)
This take on things is a bit skewed in the opposite direction. And of course there is a mountain with validated minerals (to what degree we do not know at present) but it is indeed not fictional.

Your posts tend to gravitate to Docā€™s posts and give a negative bent to almost all of them and at the same time the posts try to come across as having an opposite ā€œfactualā€ take on things. Very often these posts do not bring facts but disharmony towards Docā€™s posts.

I am not sure if these previous posts of yours are a way to draw people away from Docā€™s posts. Which IMHO his posts are significant.

Your post stated recently you were going to be at the exhibition and would brings some facts back to the board. Most of these so called facts were excuses as to why the booth was not visited and that they were closed etc. etc. In the end nothing of significance was worth talking about other than your own validated reasons why you could not give the board any of your factual data gleaned from the exhibition.

When JJ and Les were in the midst of MDMN your posts were dissing MDMN and talking up CDCH all the time and how it was a better investment. Now that CDCH is going to be the one and only your posts seem to need to find fault with things rather than bringing factual substance to the board.

Again I am curious what caused you to buy into this, in your words( " ā€¦fictitious pot of gold.") If I were in this and found out that it was a ā€œfictitious pot of goldā€ I would have been gone long ago as I am sure most everyone here would be.

Lets let the facts speak for themselves going forward and let Docā€™s and other posts stand on their own. People are smart enough by now to know the history and what happened. This is a new day with Auryn and just because we have no recent news does not mean we do not have good news.

To me Auryn could have left us all high and dry due to JJ and Les. Doc has done nothing but provide valuable information for all to disseminate as they choose over the years. If anyone invests based on any post on a message board then they should not be in the market at all. You know this all to well based on your background. For you to have a need to educate people to avoid Docā€™s posts or to spread fear that someone will invest based on his information is IMHO disingenuous to Doc and this board.

I have talked with you by phone as I have Doc over the years so I am not sure how you have chosen this dynamic with Doc which has continued for years. Let it go and be thankful he still posts here in spite of your posts directed at his posts in a negative way.

10 Likes

Again, since there is little in the way of news, I thought Iā€™d comment on the the mine and article I referenced in an earlier post. I found the Popular Mechanics article fascinating. Kinda gives a greater appreciation of all that the mining industry entails. Itā€™s not a once and done get quick rich operation. There is a great deal of time, money and work involved by a very large workforce.

Especially regarding the Bingham Canyon Mine, Utah.
The followup story on the mine contained within the The Balance link I provided (itā€™s #16, Codelco Norte (or Chuquicamata) is #13) is even more fascinating for those who chose to dig a little deeper.
http://www.mining.com/bingham-47835/
Thanks for posting.

1 Like

I live about 20 miles across the valley from Kennecott and I can see it from here. It is one big ass hole in the mountain. They call it a copper mine, but I believe they make more off the gold and silver than the copper. At least they used to. That landside put a stop to a new processing plant that they had already spent over $700,000,000 on and has not been restarted. Real mining is expensive.

I can see it from my office too. They make a great deal off the gold and silver.

Hi Karl, Iā€™ve never had a ton of shares but to me, if one believes there is something to the mountain, then it seems like a great time to get the average down. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing but wouldnā€™t expect anyone else to buy another share of this after what weā€™ve all been through. Iā€™d say lesson learned but here I am buying more of it, lol.
One thing I can say with authority is nobody here is an expert.

oz

1 Like

One thing I can say with authority is nobody here is an expert.

oz

Lolā€¦very true Oz and well said.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that I too have averaged down and in fact was buying last week @ .0028. After last weekā€™s buy I said to myself I simply have too many shares and the only way I will continue to add is if and when we can see a turn in the stock price. To me a turn means that we break above .005 and find support there. That will most likely take some significant news. Otherwise like I said MDMN is dead money to me, especially when I can trade daily and make money in other stocks. JMO.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the deadline date to put out Financials for the 4th quarter?

YE Financial are due 90 days after the end of the year so if they are on time March 31, if they are not on time they usually can get a 15 day extension if necessary. taking it to April 15th. fwiw

2 Likes

I think a big move in silver and gold is our only hope. US debt just going to grow, and signs of inflation with US dollar getting hit. We are going to need as much out of this investment as we can get. Mine is now in a Roth IRA.

Triggering juniors to be saught afterā€¦ keeping what we have hidden is the strategy I hope.
TDK

2 Likes

Quote from the Silver doctors article posted by TDK:

"The calculus is pretty simple. Inadequate production leads to both higher precious metals prices and rising demand for exploitable reserves. So the juniors win twice, as the value of what theyā€™re discovering and the desperation of the majors to buy them out both surge.

The problem with this dynamic is that it offers quick gains for the owners of high-quality junior miner shares at the cost of the spectacular profits that flow to a junior thatā€™s allowed to grow into a mid-teir or major. In other words, that instant 50% capital gain pales next to the 1000% run that might be possible in the absence of a buy-out."

Bullet point from Auryn Minings notification of sale of assets to Cerro Dorado:

" Creating a management team and Board of Directors suitable for an exploration company INTENT on becoming a Junior and Major mining company".

This would seem to indicate that we are going for the 1000% return!!

7 Likes

spectacular profits that flow to a junior thatā€™s allowed to grow into a mid-teir or major.

Hopefully management is posturing us for the maximum profit.

http://www.reveloresources.com/content/702/RVLNR03March202018web.pdf

Interesting! Revelo is utilizing ( to quote Doc ) the " lawn chair at the smelter " model whereas Masglas appears to be digging in deeper towards becoming a production miner.

2 Likes

Notice how CDCH & MDMN share prices are ever so slowly becoming one? Might be our tip of when the action begins and when we hear about it.

oz

1 Like